Pumpkins

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is really silly. Yep, majorly fluffy and silly. You’ve been warned! *grin*

Originally Posted: October 21, 2004

"That is disgusting."


Hermione looked up from the jack o’lanterns she was carving for their upcoming Halloween party and scowled at her husband of eight years, "If you’re not going to help, bugger off."


"Well said, dear," Narcissa complimented her daughter-in-law before giving her son a perfected glare, "And may I ask why you are standing there looking appalled instead of assisting us?"


"Just because you’re daft enough to say yes to this silly idea doesn’t mean I am," Draco smirked as he sat on the edge of a chair in his parent’s sitting room. His gray eyes moved over his wife before settling on his parents. He resisted the urge to laugh as he watched Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy sitting on the floor of their elegant sitting room with large pumpkins between their legs and nasty seeds and goo covering their hands and lower arms. Deciding that he had to savor this moment, he began to laugh, laughing harder as his Father’s hair came free from its ribbon and fell forward to brush against the open pumpkin, turning the pale blond strands orange.


"Do you find this amusing, Draco?" Lucius queried, grimacing slightly as he felt the sticky insides of the pumpkin clinging to his hands. This was possibly more revolting than any torture he had performed during his allegiance to Voldemort, he decided, giving his own wife a bit of a glare for pressuring him in to agreeing to this common and ridiculous task. When she smiled at him, he felt the glare soften, deciding playing with pumpkins might be worth the reward if the wink and heated look she had just sent his way was any indication.


"Merlin, I wish I had a camera," was Draco’s response as he felt tears in his eyes from laughing so hard.


"You’re being a prat, Draco," Hermione informed him, "well, an even bigger prat than normal."


"Hey, now, wait a minute!" Draco defended, laughter over his parents’ unlikely participation in this strange Muggle ritual forgotten as he looked at his beautiful wife, "I am very lovable, not to mention sexy, intelligent, and handsome. I don’t recall you calling me a prat last night when I was…."


"Draco!" Hermione could feel her face turning red at the leer he gave her, mentally planning his torture for saying such things in front of his parents. True, she adored Narcissa and actually rather liked Lucius after nearly a decade of being involved with Draco, but there were some things that should not be discussed publicly. Her eyes narrowed as she saw the smug look on her husband’s handsome face, about to reply when a curious voice interrupted.


"What’s a prat, Mummy?"


"Lucissa, why don’t you help me finish with this pumpkin," Lucius suggested as he distracted his eldest grandchild.


"Me too," Damien spoke up as he scrambled onto his grandfather’s lap and peered inside the pumpkin.


Draco watched his children play with the nasty insides of the pumpkin, eyes flashing with jealousy as Hermione ignored him and laughed with his parents. He hated feeling left out. Damn it, they were his, not his parents’. He ignored the fact that he had made fun of Hermione wanting to do this the Muggle way without using magic, concentrating on the fact that he wasn’t sharing the moment with them.


His Mum was talking about the costumes for the upcoming party while his Father was groaning about being forced to dress up like some silly fool, which caused Hermione to innocently question, with a mischievous gleam in her eyes, if he was wearing his normal attire then, earning a large laugh from Narcissa and a reluctant smile from Lucius. With an annoyed sneer, he removed his robe and sat beside Hermione, taking the pumpkin from her with a charming smile, "I‘ll do that, darling."


Hermione smiled knowingly, winking at Narcissa before saying, "Of course, dear."


The End