I'll Drink to That

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:
7/2/04
“Get him out of here!” Cordelia hissed to the smiling redhead.


“Why me?” Willow asked as she looked at the former cheerleader before looking at the pacing vampire.


“Because, he won’t tell you no,” Cordelia rolled her eyes as if the answer was obvious.


“Don’t you think Wesley would be a better choice?”


“Actually, Willow, I do believe Cordelia is right. I think you’re the best distraction for Angel,” Fred spoke up and gave the redhead a shy smile.


“How much longer is it going to take Gunn to finish painting?” Willow finally relented, rather pleased at the idea of getting away from the paints fume that were starting to give her a headache.


“A couple of hours,” Cordelia smiled, “so go take your man and distract him! He’s annoying the heck out of me with all that pacing and glaring.”


“He told you that he didn’t want his office painted, Cordy,” Willow reminded her friend with a smile, “but you just ignored him. You know, it’s really not fair that it’s your fault he’s cranky and I’m the one stuck dealing with the growly vampire.”


“You like it when he growls,” Fred spoke up with a teasing smile, watching the redhead blush.


“Fred!” Willow laughed when she saw the mischievous smile on the quiet brunette’s face. “That was just wickedly evil!”


“But oh so true,” Cordelia snickered, “Good one, Fred.”


“Angel, let’s go get some coffee,” Willow said as she left the snickering brunettes she counted amongst her best friends and approached her lover of nearly a year. Her eyes moved over him, admiring the way graceful way he walked, amazed that he could even turn something as boring as pacing into something rather arousing.


“I don’t want coffee,” Angel replied, “I’d like to be IN MY OFFICE!” His words growing loud as he glared at Cordelia who merely smiled innocently before continuing her chat with Fred.


“I gave you back your soul and you don't have time for a cup of coffee?" Willow grinned as he turned his attention to her, his eyes softening as his lips curved into a loving smile.


“I’m being a bastard, aren’t I?”


“Just a bit,” Willow nodded, “All the pacing and growling is beginning to scare the children so I’ve been as a distraction.”


“That you are,” he leered playfully before he brushed his lips against hers.


“Eeew! Not in front of us!” Cordelia shouted, laughing when Angel’s hand raised and flashed his middle finger in her direction.


“Damn, man. Don’t you two ever come up for air?” Gunn asked as he took a break from painting.


“We’re surrounded by wiseasses,” Angel muttered against Willow’s lips.


“Yeah, but they’re our wiseasses,” Willow grinned before she slid her arm around his back, her head resting on his shoulder. “Let’s go get some coffee and leave them to get high on paint fumes.”


“I’ll drink to that,” Angel said before he leaned down and whispered, “Why don’t we just leave them down here and go upstairs so I can spend hours teasing that delectable body and driving you insane with desire?”


“Who needs coffee?” Willow asked as she took his hand and started towards the stairs, kissing him again along the way as she murmured, “Have I mentioned lately how much I love being your distraction?”


*End*