Just a Dream

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:

Originally Posted: Dec 14, 2004

“Shh, darling. It’s just a dream.”


The soft whisper calmed him, the nightmare fading from his mind as he opened his eyes. Hermione’s arms were wrapped around his waist, her chin on his shoulder. Turning his head, he caught her lips with his, needing to confirm that she was real and not just a figment of his deranged imagination. The kiss was desperate as he ravaged her mouth.


He flinched when he saw the swollen lips and the look of worry in her eyes. He was so scared that this was the dream and the rest was reality. Everyone he loved gone, alone again in a dark place with nothing but shadows and whispers. No, this was real. It had to be real. She was here, she was his.


“You okay?”


“I’m fine,” he lied without hesitation, gently touching her face, still amazed that this beautiful girl loved him. He moved on the bed, pulling her body against him, his eyes closing as he held her tight, not wanting to let her go. He growled in frustration as she vanished once again, the dream of having Hermione ending as he woke to find himself surrounded by darkness and shadows. Alone.


The End