Various Drabbles (Star Trek) by inell
Summary: Various drabbles from Bridge 2 Sickbay
Categories: Star Trek XI, Star Trek XI > Kirk/McCoy Characters: Christopher Pike, Hikaru Sulu, James T. Kirk, Leonard "Bones" McCoy, Nyota Uhura, Pavel Chekov
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 9153 Read: 35920 Published: 14 Aug 2014 Updated: 14 Aug 2014
Story Notes:
September/October 2009

1. Kirk/Bones - Kirk: Do you think I'm going too fast? Maybe I should put on the brakes? Bones: Fast or slow, I like the direction you're going. (Brokeback Mountain) by inell

2. Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - Something to Talk About by inell

3. Prompt: Pike/Sulu - Teacher's Pet by inell

4. Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - ”Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” (Love Story) by inell

5. Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - War of the Roses (1989 movie) by inell

6. Kirk/McCoy - Librarian AU by inell

7. Kirk/McCoy - Underwear model AU by inell

8. Kirk/McCoy - Professor/Student by inell

9. Kirk/McCoy - Modern day army by inell

10. Kirk/McCoy - Arthurian Times by inell

11. Kirk/McCoy/Uhura - Blodeuwedd by inell

12. Jim/Bones, Cupid by inell

13. Kirk/McCoy - Alcestis by inell

14. Kirk/McCoy - Ariadne & Theseus by inell

15. Kirk/McCoy: Romance by inell

16. Kirk/McCoy – Bourbon by inell

17. Chekov/Sulu - It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life by inell

18. Kirk/McCoy - "Now's as good a time as any to tell you. Your ceiling is hideous." by inell

19. Kirk/McCoy - "A lie is a poor way to say hello." by inell

Kirk/Bones - Kirk: Do you think I'm going too fast? Maybe I should put on the brakes? Bones: Fast or slow, I like the direction you're going. (Brokeback Mountain) by inell
Prompt: Kirk/Bones - Kirk: Do you think I'm going too fast? Maybe I should put on the brakes?
Bones: Fast or slow, I like the direction you're going. (Brokeback Mountain)


This isn’t the time or place for declarations. The ceremony has just ended, and there are hundreds of people milling around, congratulating each other and mourning those who are missing. Jim figures that this will earn him a swift kick to the ass or at least a slap upside the back of his head once he lets go of Bones, but it’s worth it. He knew when he was on stage and looked out at the sea of red searching for one particular face that he’s done enough running and hiding from all this emotional shit.

They almost died, life’s too short, he has to take a chance or live in regret, and dozens of other horrible clichs echo through his mind as he presses Bones against the wall. They’re somewhat hidden, since Jim values his life, and his dick, enough not to do this with an audience, but he’s still surprised that Bones doesn’t push him away and grumble about hormones or stupid decisions or any number of things that Bones likes to bitch about whenever Jim gets too close, too personal, too intimate.

Instead, Bones gives him a knowing look, one that says ‘it’s about damn time, asshole, and, yeah, I feel it, too’ with just a quirk of lips and narrowing of eyes. Jim grins and feels much more confident, not that he’s been nervous or anything, of course not because he’s James T. Kirk, Captain of the Enterprise, and this is just showing his best friend that he wants more, wants it now even if it’s too fast, or maybe it hasn’t been fast enough since it’s been three years of this build-up to this one perfect moment.

Perfect might not be the right word. Their noses bump, they knock their foreheads together, there’s too much teeth and dry lips, their hands are shaking and sweaty, both of them are fighting for dominance and control. But, finally, they get it right, and it’s passion and aching and feels more right than anything he’s ever felt, even better than being in space, not that he’s going to tell Bones that. Jim grips the back of Bones’ neck and deepens the kiss, closing his eyes and surrendering to this, to them, as Bones follows him down this new path
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - Something to Talk About by inell
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - Something to Talk About

“Is it true?” Jim asks before he’s fully seated.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Bones glares at him briefly before returning his attention to his dinner.

“Janice heard it from Thomas who heard it from M’ryn who was told by Gaila who says that Scotty told her.” Jim keeps staring at Bones with his best ‘I’m a mature man of twenty-seven and totally not freaked out by this rumor I’ve been hearing, oh, everywhere since we got back to the ship after the visit to Fylia II where my best friend got drunk on some local alcoholic truth serum with my Chief Engineer who gossips too much’ expression. He notices the way Bones tenses at the mention of Scotty’s name, and Jim can see that his neck is starting to flush. Soon, the tips of his ears will be red, because that’s how it always goes during the very few occasions when Bones has been embarrassed about something during their five plus years of friendship.

“People on this ship need to work harder instead of gossiping like a bunch of senile old women,” Bones growls, scowling at his plate as he stabs his pot roast with his fork.

The rumor is true. If it wasn’t, Bones would have been making some sort of witty remark cloaked in sarcasm, and Jim wouldn’t be about to hyperventilate at the realization that he isn’t bothered by the rumor because, well hell, he feels the same way about Bones. Only he hasn’t rambled on about the multitude of dirty, dirty things that he wants to do with Bones while under the influence of alien alcohol to Scotty.

“Forget about it,” Bones warns in that low, quiet, scary voice that tells Jim he’s treading on very thin ice and might very well fall through if he’s not careful. And, damn it, he’s just never that careful when it comes to Bones. Never has been, probably never will be. He’s stupid about Bones, always doing dumb shit and pushing as much as he can just because Bones is fucking hot when he finally pushes back.

“No,” he says firmly. Bones gives him a confused and wary look that becomes curious as Jim keeps looking across the table at him. “I’m not forgetting it, Bones. Not this time.” He stands up and walks around the table, fully aware that nearby conversations have faded into silence as the crew has started watching them. Well, they’re going to talk anyway, and Jim’s never much cared one way or another about being the center of attention, so let them talk. He kisses Bones right there at the table, straddling his lap and not caring at all about their rumor spreading audience.

At least, this time, the crew will get their facts straight and that ridiculous rumor about poor Doctor McCoy and unrequited love for the Captain can die a swift death. There’s nothing unrequited about this, after all.
Prompt: Pike/Sulu - Teacher's Pet by inell
Prompt: Pike/Sulu - Teacher's Pet

“Cadet Sulu, explain this behavior. Now.” Christopher watches the young man shift awkwardly from foot to foot.

“There was a dare, Sir,” Sulu begins to explain before he grimaces and looks down at the floor.

“A dare?” Christopher purses his lips and finishes entering his office. He taps the console with his finger, listening to the door slide firmly shut behind him. The ‘woosh’ has caught Sulu’s attention, causing him to look up curiously. “Do you believe that it is wise to accept a dare that requires you to break into one of your professor’s offices and…what is it that you’re supposed to be doing, Cadet?”

Sulu mumbles something under his breath, shifting again and managing to somehow look ashamed yet defiant as he stands nude beside Christopher’s desk.

“I didn’t hear you, Cadet,” Christopher says sharply, watching with satisfaction as Sulu snaps to attention. In more than ways than one. Interesting. He takes a step forward and frowns. “I could have security here before you could put your pants on. You’d be thrown out of school for breaking into this office, disgraced.”

“Please, Professor. Captain. Don’t,” Sulu says with just a hint of desperation. “I was supposed to, uh, masturbate, Sir. In your desk chair. That was the dare.”

Christopher arches a brow and watches Sulu shift yet again. “Stand still, boy. You’re fidgeting is annoying.” He steps closer, moving his gaze over all the pretty skin bared to him. Sulu is erect, despite the situation, or possibly due to it. “I am always in my office at this time of evening, Cadet. You are aware of this habit, are you not?”

Sulu bites his lip and reluctantly nods. “Yes, Sir.”

“Why, then, did you choose now to fulfill your dare?” he asks as he steps closer. He reaches up to loosen the buttons of his uniform shirt as he waits for an answer. When one doesn’t come, he smirks. “Did you wish to get caught, Cadet Sulu? Did you slowly undress in my office knowing that I would arrive soon, standing there naked and hard while waiting for me to find you?”

“I--“ Sulu’s voice breaks, reminding Christopher that he’s barely twenty, just an arrogant kid with a crush on his professor, but those things don’t really matter when there’s a handsome young man standing naked with a pretty cock just begging to be touched.

“Show me, Cadet,” Christopher demands, nodding towards to his chair. “Finish your dare while I watch. If I am pleased with your performance, perhaps I’ll reward you.”

Sulu drops his gaze to the front of Christopher’s pants, where his own erection is pressed against his pants. Sulu licks his lips and nearly trips over his own feet in his hurry to get around the desk and sit down. “Yes, Sir. Anything you say, Sir,” he says as he moves his long fingers around his cock.

Christopher leans against his desk and watches. “Good boy.”
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - ”Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” (Love Story) by inell
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - ”Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” (Love Story)

The bruises are vivid splashes of color on Bones’ pale skin. Jim can make out the shape of fingers along the curve of his throat. The shape of his fingers. He looks down at his hands and notices that they’re shaking, which makes him curl his fingers into his palms and rub his fists against his thighs. He looks back at Bones, who is lying too still to be asleep. Bones moves when he sleeps, kicking his legs and sprawling all over the mattress and Jim.

Hazel eyes are suddenly staring at him when Bones shifts his head. Jim stares at the black eye and busted lip for too long, uncertain what to say. As Captain, he knows that he did what he had to do to protect his crew. The Treolytes were going to kill them all, were going to torture anyone who mattered to him, and they had Bones. All he could do was play their game, pretend that he didn’t care, fight Bones himself so he wouldn’t be tortured by an alien race who had perfected torture to a point that even the bravest of Starfleet couldn’t withstand it.

As a man, he knows that he hurt the person that he loves the most. He can see the look of betrayal when he first hit Bones, can remember the look of shocked surprise and hear the concerned whisper demanding some sign to prove that he hadn’t been somehow possessed. A sign that he couldn’t give, not when all that mattered was delaying the Treolytes until Spock could find them and get them all to safety.

He looks at Bones and remembers a night when he was a kid, before his mom married Frank, when she had a loud boyfriend who drank too much and how she had looked after their final fight, before she had ended things. The bruises and cuts and look of defeat in her eyes as she sat alone and kept telling him and Sam that everything would be okay. He’s become that man, beating someone he loves and destroying them, the trust and affection and all the things that Jim still doesn’t really understand that come from being in a relationship.

“Jim,” Bones says hoarsely, raising his hand slightly before letting it drop back on the bio-bed. Jim steps forward without hesitation, reaching out to grasp Bones’ hand even as he fights the feelings of guilt and voice in his head telling him he doesn’t deserve Bones, doesn’t belong here, doesn’t have the right to touch and want and have something so special. He wants to say that he’s sorry, to explain, to ask for forgiveness, but Bones just looks at him and squeezes his hand before tugging gently.

Jim closes his eyes and lets out a breath that he hasn’t even realized he’s been holding. When he opens his eyes, Bones is still looking at him with understanding, with love, and Jim’s knees feel weak because he doesn’t know what he’s ever done to earn this, to have Bones as the other part of his soul, but he’s selfish enough that he takes it and holds it close and never plans to let go. He crawls into the bed beside Bones, kissing him softly, holding him and touching as he starts to cry and finally lets the guilt go when Bones murmurs and holds on just as tight.
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - War of the Roses (1989 movie) by inell
Prompt: Kirk/McCoy - War of the Roses (1989 movie)

“Damn it, Jim.”

“This isn’t my fault, Bones.”

“Whose fault is it, then?”

“Sulu’s,” Jim says matter-of-factly. He cringes slightly when Bones pulls a thorn out of his palm.

“Who let that mad botanist raise sentient flowers?” Bones gives him a pointed ‘you dumbass’ look before pulling another thorn out of Jim’s hand.

“He said they were peaceful species,” Jim defends. “He didn’t realize that the roses would start a turf war.”

“A turf war?” Bones shakes his head and glares at the splotches of red that cover Jim’s arms and hands. “And you just had to walk into the middle of the damn war, didn’t you?”

“I thought that I’d be able to stop them.” Jim scowls as he remembers how wrong he was about that, watching Bones’ fingers glide over his skin while searching for more of the tiny thorns. “Those yellow roses were just pissy and mean.”

“Stop sulking, you big baby,” Bones mutters, which means that Jim’s going to be okay. If there was serious damage, Bones would be all intense and quiet, so Jim prefers getting yelled at when in sickbay because it means he’s not done too much damage. “Stand up and take off your pants.”

Jim arches a brow and can’t resist a little teasing, even if he’s in more pain than he really wants to admit to being in due to some damn flowers. “If you wanted to get me naked, all you’ve ever had to do is ask, Bones.”

“I’m not asking, Jim. Get the damn pants off or I’ll take them off myself. I need to check for thorns, not indulge in your juvenile attempts at seduction,” he says in that adorably grumpy tone that Jim’s come to love over the years.

Jim stands up and unfastens his pants, shoving them down carefully. “If I was seducing you, the last thing you’d call it would be juvenile,” he says confidently.

Bones looks at him and smirks. Smirks! “Is that so, Jim?” he drawls as he begins moving his fingers over Jim’s legs, checking for thorns and abrasions from the fighting roses.

“Yeah,” Jim manages to get out as the teasing becomes something a lot more tense and electric. Bones arches a brow and, instead of pulling away like one of them usually does when things get like this between them, he brushes his thumb against the front of Jim’s underwear, rubbing lazily for a few all too brief seconds before moving his hand back down.

He stands up and moves closer to Jim, as if that’s even possible, and lowers his head until his lips are right there, warm breath blowing against Jim’s mouth. “Prove it,” he challenges, flicking his tongue out to lick at Jim’s lower lip. Jim whimpers and sways forward, not even realizing that Bones has a hypospray until he feels it press into his neck. “Later. For now, get some rest so you can heal.”

“Damn it, Bones,” he manages to say before he passes out.
Kirk/McCoy - Librarian AU by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Librarian AU

“Damn it,” Leonard mutters, shutting the book with more force than necessary.

“Shh,” Jim whispers, grinning when Leonard glares at him.

“The library is closed, asshole.” Leonard rolls his eyes and rubs his thumb over his index finger.

“You should be more respectful to your boss,” Jim informs him. “I could always assign you to work in the children’s section with Pavel if you’re unhappy in this department.”

“I’d rather have my eyes poked out with pointy sticks,” Leonard says, shuddering at the thought of working eight hours a day with kids and Chekov.

“What’s wrong, Bones?” Jim steps closer and takes his hand before Leonard can get away. “Ah, another papercut.”

“Yeah.” Leonard watches Jim stroke his finger lightly. “Seem to be getting a lot of them lately.”

Jim smiles and looks up at him. “I noticed. It isn’t like you to be so careless, especially with books.”

“I’m not being careless. The books are just out to get me,” Leonard mutters crossly.

“Of course they are,” Jim agrees in a placating tone that makes Leonard scowl. “I’m the Head Librarian here, so I know all about their evil plots.”

“Now you’re just being a bastard.” Leonard starts to pull his hand away, but Jim tightens his grip. “Let go.”

“No,” Jim says simply. He gives Leonard the same look that he’s been giving him for the last few weeks whenever they’re alone and the tension between them can’t be ignored. He leans his head down and nuzzles Leonard’s palm.

“Jim,” Leonard starts but stops because he doesn’t know what to say. He leans back against the bookcase, inhaling the scent of leather and ink and Jim, and sighs.

Jim smiles and brushes his lips against the cut on Leonard’s hand. “Don’t worry, Bones. I’ll kiss it better,” he murmurs before he presses closer and closes his lips around Leonard’s finger and sucks gently.

Leonard gives up any pretense of refusing, not even bothering to try this time. Not when he knows that Jim knows he’s been doing this intentionally because it always leads to this: the two of them pressed up against the books, starting with a chaste kiss before it’ll escalate to things they’re still not ready to talk about when they’re finished. As Jim licks the cut lightly, Leonard pulls him closer and thinks that maybe it’s time to finally talk, if only because he hates papercuts.
Kirk/McCoy - Underwear model AU by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Underwear model AU

“No, not like that. You are not getting it right,” the photographer says as he yells at some brunette girl to change the lighting.

“Are we supposed to listen to him or wait until he speaks to us directly?” Jim asks curiously, keeping an eye on the crazy photographer.

“I always ignore the people behind the camera unless they say my name. Easier that way,” Bones drawls lazily. He moves his fingers lightly over Jim’s back as they wait for instructions.

“Stop that,” Jim hisses, pinching Bones on the hip when he feels the teasing caress. Even with the bright lights shining down on them and the crew around, he can feel his body start to react to the touch. The underwear that he’s modeling for this campaign are tight, so it isn’t like he can conceal his reaction. Bones knows not to play when they’re working, so he’s already breaking one of their only rules.

“Stop what?” Bones can’t pull off innocent, not when he’s got that sexy smirk on his lips and his eyes are that particular shade of green. He lowers his eyelids, and Jim’s distracted by his long eyelashes.

“You know what,” he mutters when he remembers what they’re arguing about. Jim can feel sweat trickling down his back from the lights, and the photographer is still ranting behind him, only now in German, sounds like. He moves his leg slightly because it’s starting to fall asleep, and it brings him into closer contact with Bones.

“If he doesn’t get his pictures soon, I’m going to end up giving them all a show,” Bones says, breath warm against Jim’s ear. “I’m going to pull those tight pants down and suck you into my mouth right here. Do you have any idea how great your ass looks in those? They’re better than the Calvin Klein shoot last month. Remember that one?”

“I hate you,” Jim whispers, pressing his leg against Bones’ and tightening his grip on his shoulder. “You and your damn fetish.”

“You know you love me,” Bones says smugly. “And our fetish. Don’t think I didn’t catch the way you were staring at me, darlin’. These shorts are just as tight as yours.”

“They look fucking amazing on you,” Jim tells him breathlessly, swaying forward slightly. “The way the fabric fits around your thighs and your ass? I’m so buying you a pair.”

“Yes! That is it,” the photographer suddenly cries out. “We will do it this way. Like lovers. Hold the pose.”

“You heard the man, Jim,” Bones says with a wicked grin as Jim groans. “Hold the pose.”
Kirk/McCoy - Professor/Student by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Professor/Student

“Isn’t there anything I can do to make up the assignment, Professor?”

“I’m afraid not. You chose to turn in that ridiculous essay, and that’s what I’m grading. Perhaps if you had focused on your schoolwork instead of immature dares by your classmates, you wouldn’t be in danger of failing.”

“It was a stupid assignment, Professor. This is college not grade school. Maybe if I had a professor who bothered to challenge his students instead of treating us like a bunch of children, I’d make more of an effort.”

“That’s enough, young man. I don’t know what you got away with back home, but I won’t tolerate that treatment by any of my students.”

“Sorry, Professor. It’s just frustrating that you keep dumbing down everything because of a few students. And, yeah, this essay was a joke, but I was trying to prove a point. I know that you’re too smart to keep giving out such remedial work.”

“Flattery isn’t going to get you anywhere. This class has sixty-five students in it. It’s not just you, and maintaining an attitude like yours isn’t going to get you anywhere in the real world. Now, if you’re finished, I’ll consider this discussion finished.”

“I’m not finished. I don’t want to fail this assignment. Fine, I have a lot to learn. You’re not the first person to tell me that I’m a selfish prick, but you can’t fail me because of it.”

“I’m failing you because you turned in porn instead of your required essay assignment.”

“It’s creative writing. Wrote it about you, Professor. Do you honestly think that I haven’t seen the way you look at me? The way you watch me during class? I’ve seen you staring at me out on the quad when I’m playing football, all sweaty and shirtless. Maybe you should read it and then tell me that there’s nothing at all that I can do to improve my grade.”

“I’m not going to raise your grade in exchange for sexual favors.”

“I didn’t hear you denying that you want them, though. Is this how you’ve thought of me? On my knees before you, lips wet and parted, just waiting to suck your dick?”

“Get off the floor. I told you that I’m not going to make a trade.”

“Don’t think of it as an exchange, Professor Kirk. Think of it as extra credit.”
Kirk/McCoy - Modern day army by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Modern day army

“Jim, what’re you doing?”

Jim looks up when Bones enters the room. “I decided to do a little redecorating.”

“That’s what you call having a temper tantrum now, is it?” Bones crosses the room and slides down the wall to sit next to Jim.

“Sounds more mature,” he quips, forcing a smile.

Bones arches a brow and studies his face. “What happened with Pike?”

“What do you think happened?” Jim laughs dryly. “They want to give me a medal, tout me as some poster boy for the army advertisements, and make me into some hero to drive recruitment numbers.”

“And that’s made you redecorate?” Bones motions around the room at the broken lamp and pillows on the floor.

“Pike suggested that I find myself a pretty girl to complete the image,” Jim says. “He didn’t come out and say ‘make sure that no one finds out you’re queer’ because then he’d be acknowledging it. God forbid that happen. They can give me a damn medal, but they can’t accept that I love you.”

Bones sighs and moves his arm around Jim’s shoulder. “We knew this going in, Jim. Before we ever let things change, we knew it’d have to be a secret. Until DADT is repealed, that’s just how it has to be.”

“Why?” Jim looks at him. “I’m a hero, don’t you know? You are, too. Why can’t we make a stand and fight it? If they kick us out, they can go to hell.”

“We’re soldiers, Jim. It’s who we are. Can you really tell me that you’re willing to give that up? That you’re willing to become ‘that faggot’ to every prejudiced asshole in this country?”

“It isn’t all we are, Bones. You’re a doctor, a brilliant one, and I’m an engineer, able to deal with anything technological or electrical that I’ve ever come across,” Jim points out. “Who gives a fuck what prejudiced assholes call us, if we’re being who we really are and not hiding anymore?”

“It isn’t that easy, Jim.” Bones sighs. “What about Joanna? Do you know what the kids would say to her about her daddy? There’s your mom to consider and mine. I know that you don’t believe in no-win situations, but this isn’t something you can win or lose.”

“But it is,” Jim murmurs. “I can lose myself to lies and acting a part in exchange for a medal and headlines, or I can choose you and risk everything for what we could have together without the secrecy and sneaking around.”

“You make it sound so simple.” Bones leans down to brush his lips against Jim’s. They rest their foreheads together for a silent moment before Bones says, “Take the medal and headlines, Jim, but why don’tcha tell Pike after that your boyfriend says no to you dating anyone else.”
Kirk/McCoy - Arthurian Times by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Arthurian Times

Leonard puts the damp cloth into the bucket of water. “Your fever is breaking, but you cannot get out of bed yet.”

“I still feel hot,” James says hoarsely. “My throat is also sore.”

“Perhaps you should refrain from speaking until it feels better, your highness,” Leonard suggests. He twists the cloth tightly to remove the excess water before he reaches out to place the cloth on James’ forehead.

“Are you telling your king to be silent?” James parts his cracked lips and presses them against the bottom of the cloth.

“My king should listen to my advice instead of continuing to talk,” Leonard mutters. He reaches for a goblet of water and brings it up to James’ mouth. “Drink.”

“I always listen to you, Leonard,” James whispers before he drinks greedily, coughing when he gulps too much water.

“If you had remained in the castle instead of visiting the villagers, you would not have caught the sickness. I warned you to be careful, but you still went. You nearly died,” Leonard says gruffly.

“I knew that you would not let me die,” James says.

“There will come a time when I will be unable to save you.” Leonard’s voice cracks, making him purse his lips as a nerve in his cheek twitches. This was nearly that time, and he can recall how still and quiet James had been during the last few days. He’s still scared that James will suddenly close his eyes and not wake again.

“You will always save me, Leonard.” James raises his hand slowly and grips the front of Leonard’s shirt. “Do not leave me.”

“I will not,” Leonard murmurs, putting the goblet back before moving the wet cloth over James’ pale face. “You must rest now, my king.”

“Do not call me that,” James whispers. “I am not your king.”

“You are wrong,” Leonard says. “You are my king.” He brushes his fingertips along the curve of James’ cheek and jaw. “My king.”

“And you are my doctor,” James says, tugging on Leonard’s shirt. “I am cold now. You will warm me, Leonard.”

Leonard looks at the locked door before he nods and removes his shirt. He lies beside James and soothes him by rubbing his back. “Rest now, James.”

James sighs and curls into him. “Your James,” he murmurs happily before he drifts into sleep.
Kirk/McCoy/Uhura - Blodeuwedd by inell
Kirk/McCoy/Uhura - Blodeuwedd

Nyota watches Leonard closely as he enters the room. She leans back in the captain’s chair and tilts her head as she meets his gaze. Instead of the hatred and resentment that has been present since she had James removed from her life, she sees nothing. His eyes are cold and emotionless, and she realizes that she misses the fire that she has grown accustomed to in recent weeks. She scowls and shifts on her throne as she continues to watch him.

“Have you made any progress, Leonard?” she asks with such false sweetness that she expects him to tense and glare. When he merely arches a brow, she is disappointed. He resents hearing his name on her lips, yet he doesn’t even flinch this time.

“Perhaps,” he says simply. “The illness is spreading quickly.”

“Which is why you must work faster,” she snaps at him. “I am a prisoner here until you have created a cure.” She looks at him calculatingly as she casually drags the skirt of her dress high enough to show off the legs that all men admire. He doesn’t even glance at the bare skin, which angers her even more. Beside her, Spock shifts, and she knows that she is treading dangerous ground. It entertains her to do so. Now that she is in power, she has no fear. “I am beginning to suspect that you are not even attempting to find a cure, Doctor.”

“Why would you think that, dear wife?” The voice whispers in her ear before a blade touches her throat. She turns her head quickly and finds herself staring at a ghost.

“You are not real. I saw you dead,” she says firmly. “What trickery is this?”

“Your treacherous lover would dispute that, Nyota,” James purrs as he presses the blade closer to her skin.

She glances down and purses her lips when she sees Spock lying in a pool of blood. When she hears footsteps behind her, she turns her head to stare at Leonard. “You did this.”

“This is your doing, not mine,” Leonard says matter-of-factly before he looks at James as if he holds power over the moon and stars. “What do you wish of me, my lord?”

“I had thought of simply killing her,” James says, bringing his mouth close to her ear before he licks her. She cringes away from him, from the reminder of the passion that she never had to feign. He is nothing, and she is everything.

“And now?” Leonard is closer now, reaching out his hand to thread his fingers through James’ hair. It is an intimate gesture, and she narrows her eyes as she watches them.

“Now, I believe that death is too easy a punishment. We will do as you suggested,” James decides, leaning forward to press his lips against Leonard’s before he looks down at her. “When he is finished with you, you will fear the light. You will remain hidden in caves and fear all others who cross your path, for they will know the truth of you and what you are.” He leans down and kisses her roughly, biting her lips before he pulls back. “They will all know your name, Nyota."
Jim/Bones, Cupid by inell
“It hurts,” Jim whines, glancing over his shoulder to see what Bones is doing.

“You got shot in the ass with an arrow. Did you think that’d feel good, Jim?” Bones rolls his eyes even as he skims his fingers over the bare skin around the arrow.

“I didn’t realize it’d hurt like this,” Jim mutters, trying not to think about how good Bones’ touch felt. He’s in pain and shouldn’t be thinking about his best friend touching over parts of his body with those long, warm fingers. He gulps and focuses on the pain because that’s safe. “Some sympathy would be nice.”

“Why? I warned you not to taunt the guy,” Bones points out. He moves a hand to rest on Jim’s hip while he continues poking and prodding the skin near the imbedded arrowhead. It’s got to be some form of torture, Jim decides, biting his lip to keep from moaning. “You can’t ever keep that big mouth shut, though, can you? Had to keep on at him until he made you bleed. Asshole.”

“He was wearing a diaper! In a crowded bar. While waving around a bow and arrow and making drunken declarations of being Cupid,” Jim explains patiently. “How could I not taunt him, Bones? He was totally asking for it.”

“Right. Because drunken men suffering some delusions are always asking for smartass cadets to ridicule them, especially when said crazy drunks are armed and dangerous,” Bones says dryly. “And they claim you’re one of the smartest in your command track.”

The smartest,” Jim defends, shifting his ass back towards Bones’ hand unconsciously. The fingers on his hip are holding him tight, but one is casually moving up and down, stroking his skin as Bones continues staring at the wound. It’s driving Jim insane. “Damn it, Bones. Just get it out of me.”

“Bet that’s something you haven’t said often,” Bones grumbles with a snort. He keeps moving his fingers over Jim’s ass. “The arrow is in deep, so I’m trying to make sure it won’t hurt you more when I remove it. So shut up and let me focus.”

Jim feels his cock twitch even more and hopes that Bones doesn’t notice how hard he is right now. He doesn’t want to hear any lectures about masochism or getting off on pain, which would be likely to happen since Bones wouldn’t believe that his touch made the pain fade. Jim doesn’t even believe it, and he’s the one feeling it. “It hurts,” he whines again, knowing from experience that Bones can’t often resist the whine. Or the pout. Or the smirk. Now that he’s thinking about, Bones can’t really resist him at all. How has he never noticed that before?

“Stop being a baby.” Bones starts working on the arrow, though, so Jim’s ploy worked. Not that he feels very triumphant as he stands bent over Bones’ desk with his pants around his knees, his cock harder than it’s been in ages and leaking pre-come all over his belly, and the sudden realization that he likes that Bones can’t resist him. Likes it in ways that he can’t think about right now.

“Not a baby,” he mutters. He shifts again, unable to hold back a moan when Bones slides his fingers over the broken skin near the arrowhead.

“Jim?” Bones’ voice is suddenly husky, as if he’s just realized that Jim’s half naked and he’s rubbing his bare ass. Trust Bones to focus on injury over nudity. Jim gasps when the arrow is suddenly pulled out, hard, nearly coming without even being touched. “Don’t move,” Bones warns in a tone that doesn’t help the arousal at all. Only makes it worse, and Jim presses back against him, needing more, wanting more.

“Bones, please,” he murmurs, moving his hand only to have it slapped away before he can grab his cock. Bones’ fingers wrap around him as wet lips pressed against the wound on his ass.

“Cupid went to a lot of trouble for us,” Bones whispers before kissing the wound again. “Don’t wanna let him down, do we?” Jim can only whine as Bones starts to stroke him and think that maybe crazy men in diapers aren’t so ridiculous, after all.
Kirk/McCoy - Alcestis by inell
Kirk/McCoy – Alcestis

“You can’t do this, Bones.” Jim tightens his grip on Bones’ tunic.

“Damn it, Jim. I can and I will,” Bones says. “They want a sacrifice, they’re gonna get one. Now let me go.”

“No. This is my fault. I’ll be the one to go.” Jim knows that it’s the only way to resolve this. He offended the Theoretians, not Bones. He’s the one they declared has to remain in their dark world beneath the planet’s surface. Pike tried to help, but all they got was permission for a volunteer to take Jim’s place. He should have known not to tell Bones, not to make this situation even worse than it already is, but he’s actually scared for the first time in a long while because the Theoretians are cold and cruel and live in a world with no sunlight. He can’t let Bones go there, especially when Pike can’t guarantee that they won’t kill Jim, much less his replacement.

“We’ve been through this already, Jim. I’m going. You’re more important than I’ll ever be.” Before Jim can interrupt, Bones shakes his head. “I’m not being modest, asshole. We both know that you’re a damn hero who has saved hundreds. I’m just a doctor, but I can do this.”

“You’re important to me,” Jim manages to get out, cringing when he hears the desperate hoarseness in his voice. “I won’t lose you, Bones.”

Bones kisses him, touching the simple silver band around Jim’s finger as the kiss deepens. When he pulls back, he smiles sadly. “You lose me either way, Jim. Promise me that you won’t do anything stupid and get yourself killed or make M’Benga’s life miserable.”

“I’m not going to promise anything, Bones. I’m the one going,” Jim protests. “Please, Bones. Don’t force this. I’m the hero, right? That means I’m the one who does stupid shit like this.”

“The hero stays alive and rides off into the stars,” Bones murmurs, touching Jim’s face like it’s the last time they’ll ever see each other. Jim feels his eyes sting at the realization that this very well could be the last time. “The hero grieves and then moves on with his life, saving civilizations and inspiring everyone to be better.”

“Can’t move on. Not without you,” Jim says, moving his hand to Bones’ shoulder and stepping even closer. He kisses him again, touching his face and holding him.

“Promise me, Jim,” Bones whispers against his wet lips. “Please.”

“Bones, I can’t,” Jim growls softly, kissing him again and again.

“Jim, just do it,” Bones snarls before pressing him against the wall and kissing him breathless.

“I promise.” Jim breathes out, caressing Bones’ cheek. Bones moves his head and kisses Jim’s finger before nuzzling his hand. “But I’m not letting you do this.”

“You have to, Jim. I don’t know if could go on without you, but you’ll be able to, eventually.” Bones sighs and stares at Jim. “I love you, asshole,” he whispers. Jim doesn’t have a chance to say it back before he feels the hypospray against his neck.

Kirk/McCoy - Ariadne & Theseus

This is how the world works.

Leonard is the best friend, the one who heals the bruises after fights and provides strong coffee after late nights in unfamiliar beds.

Leonard is jaded and bitter, the one who isn’t impressed by bright blue eyes and charming smiles. The one who tried love and got burned too much to ever want it again.

Leonard is a pretender and a liar, the one who denies to himself that his gaze lingers on Jim and that he finds excuses to touch or help or just be there anytime Jim needs him.

Leonard is loyal and steadfast, the one who helps sneak Jim on board the Enterprise and provides him with the opportunity to save the world.

Leonard is captivated and smitten, the one who can’t refuse the offer of CMO and commits to five years in deep space just to be with Jim.

Leonard is hopeless and overlooked, the one unable to catch Jim’s attention and destined to a life of wanting what he can never have.

Leonard is a best friend, no longer the only one who provides support and encouragement to a reckless hero. He is the one who heals the bruises after missions gone wrong and listens to stories of conquests that now span a galaxy. The one who burns quietly and invisibly.

This is just how his world works.
Kirk/McCoy - Ariadne & Theseus by inell
Kirk/McCoy - Ariadne & Theseus

This is how the world works.

Leonard is the best friend, the one who heals the bruises after fights and provides strong coffee after late nights in unfamiliar beds.

Leonard is jaded and bitter, the one who isn’t impressed by bright blue eyes and charming smiles. The one who tried love and got burned too much to ever want it again.

Leonard is a pretender and a liar, the one who denies to himself that his gaze lingers on Jim and that he finds excuses to touch or help or just be there anytime Jim needs him.

Leonard is loyal and steadfast, the one who helps sneak Jim on board the Enterprise and provides him with the opportunity to save the world.

Leonard is captivated and smitten, the one who can’t refuse the offer of CMO and commits to five years in deep space just to be with Jim.

Leonard is hopeless and overlooked, the one unable to catch Jim’s attention and destined to a life of wanting what he can never have.

Leonard is a best friend, no longer the only one who provides support and encouragement to a reckless hero. He is the one who heals the bruises after missions gone wrong and listens to stories of conquests that now span a galaxy. The one who burns quietly and invisibly.

This is just how his world works.
Kirk/McCoy: Romance by inell
Kirk/McCoy: Romance

This isn’t how Leonard expects to spend their first anniversary. Knowing Jim, he expected a night of debauchery with lots of sex and no clothes required. They have nights like those every few weeks, of course, but the whole ‘one year together’ thing makes it different. At least, that’s what Jim says whenever the subject comes up. Which actually isn’t that often because they don’t usually talk about stuff like that, even if they’re both sort of amazed that it’s been a year since their friendship became something more, or, at least, since they admitted it had.

Instead of the hot, sweaty sex that Jim promised with every look and smile during their last week before shore leave, they’re both still dressed and any sex that happens tonight is gonna have to be quiet and careful. And there’s definitely going to be sex, intense and passionate as Leonard makes sure that Jim understands just how much he loves him and how it’s just the first year of many.

“Daddy, come sit,” Joanna says, looking up from the book that Jim’s reading to her and
smiling at him.

“Yeah, come and sit down, Bones,” Jim urges, flashing that beautiful and brilliant smile that makes his whole face light up. He still looks slightly smug from managing to surprise Leonard, but mostly he looks happy and content in a way that makes Leonard want to hold him and never let go.

Leonard crosses the room and leans down to kiss Jim lightly. Before straightening up, he whispers against his ear, “You’re such a romantic, asshole.”

“I’m hopeless,” Jim agrees solemnly, eyes flashing with humor as Leonard tries to scowl but ends up smiling instead.

“Yeah, you are,” he says as he sits beside Joanna, looking down at the book she’s holding. He puts his hand on Jim’s shoulder and squeezes tightly as he listens to his daughter chatter at them both.
Kirk/McCoy – Bourbon by inell
Kirk/McCoy – Bourbon

“What’s your problem, Jim?”

“Nothing.” Jim glares over his shoulder before he stalks into their bedroom.

“Right. That’s why you’re stomping around and behaving like an infant,” Bones says as he follows him.

“Infants don’t stomp.”

“Oh, c’mon. You’re arguing about that?”

“If you’re going to insult me, at least make it legitimate,” Jim growls, taking off his boot and throwing it on the floor. Hard.

“Fine. You’re acting like a damn kid having a tantrum. Is that better?” Bones manages to duck before Jim’s other boot can hit him. When he straightens, his eyes are narrow and his face is flushed. “What the hell?”

“You were letting her touch your ass,” Jim snarls. “She was pawing you, and you didn’t even try to get away!”

“What?” Bones has the gall to gawk at him like he’s crazy when he isn’t the one who was letting that woman maul him on the dance floor.

Jim reaches out and throws the first he can find, listening to glass shattering as bourbon soaks into the wall behind Bones. “I know when you’re uncomfortable, Bones. You weren’t. You liked her touching you,” he says, curling his fingers into his palms.

“You just broke my last bottle of bourbon, you dumb fuck.” Bones is on him before Jim can tell him what he can do with his bourbon. The floor is hard beneath his back, and they roll around, kicking the table and shoving the dresser with their legs. “You said ‘be nice to the ambassador, Bones’ before we went into the damn reception. You’re the one who told me to start playing well with others.”

“Oh, so it’s my fault you enjoyed getting groped by her four hands?” Jim pushes up and rolls them again, pinning Bones down. He kisses him hard, biting at his lips. “I said be friendly, not let her practically fuck you there for everyone to watch.”

“We danced, Jim. Once.” Bones glares and flips them. Jim can smell the scent of bourbon thick in the air, can feel glass pressing into the back of his hands when Bones holds them over his head. “You jealous asshole.” Bones kisses him and grinds down into him even as Jim arches up.

“Wasn’t jealous,” he mutters, rolling them away from the glass and ripping Bones’ shirt from the bottom. He touches his bare skin, bruising and marking him with fingers and lips and teeth as they rock together.

“Were, too,” Bones challenges, pulling his hair and clashing their mouths together. It doesn’t take either of them that long, not after fighting and this odd foreplay of theirs that they need sometimes. After they’ve come in their pants and are gasping for breath, Jim nuzzles Bones’ neck and sighs.

“Sorry about the bourbon,” he murmurs, burrowing closer. “Maybe I was a little jealous.”

“Shouldn’t be. I only want you. Sorry about the glass,” Bones says, stroking a thumb over Jim’s hand. “You owe me another bottle.”

“It’s okay.” Jim kisses him and smiles. “And, yeah, I know. Hell, I’ll get you two.”
Chekov/Sulu - It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life by inell
Chekov/Sulu - It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life

It should not be this way. Pavel has done everything perfectly. He has not made a mistake. He is sure of it. Yet he must have because it has not been successful. There is only space where a person should have been, and he can still hear the rapid thump-thump of his heartbeat roaring in his ears as he stares at the emptiness.

“You are needed elsewhere, Ensign Chekov.”

He blinks but does not look away from the spot where the woman should have been. “It is better if I stay here,” he says firmly.

“Kirk and Spock are rescuing Captain Pike. You are needed on the bridge.”

Pavel frowns and glances to his side. “I have made a mistake, Lieutenant Sulu. I should stay.”

“You didn’t make a mistake,” Sulu tells him. “It’s possible to do everything right and still lose.”

“She is not here. That is my fault,” Pavel reminds him. “I could not save her. I am weak and do not belong on the bridge.”

Sulu studies him intently before he shakes his head. “That isn’t weakness, Chekov. It’s life. Besides, you saved me and Kirk earlier, as well as the others who did make it here. Now go to the bridge and get to work.”

Pavel wants to argue but can hear the firm determination in Sulu’s voice. “You are impossible,” he says with a frown as he stands up. He takes another look at the empty spot before he follows Sulu to the bridge.
Kirk/McCoy - "Now's as good a time as any to tell you. Your ceiling is hideous." by inell
Kirk/McCoy - "Now's as good a time as any to tell you. Your ceiling is hideous."

Jim is still trying to catch his breath as he falls to the bed beside Bones. His body is sticky and wet, covered in a sheen of sweat, saliva, and come, and he probably should be going to take a shower instead of panting like he’s just run a marathon. And that, actually, is a rather appropriate comparison to sex with Bones if tonight is anything to go by. Damn, he hopes it is because it’s been amazing.

Bones shifts beside him, and Jim rolls over onto his side towards him. He stares at Bones and grins, knowing that he must look ridiculous but not really caring. This is a big step for them. A huge step. Maybe even bigger than when they had found themselves dating, since that had sort of snuck up on them without either of them really noticing until they’d already been doing it for months. Yeah, they might both be geniuses but they’re obviously clueless when it comes to relationships.

“You’re staring.” Bones arches a brow and glances at him.

“So what if I am?” Jim leans over and presses a wet kiss against Bones’ chest.

Bones rolls his eyes before he looks at Jim with a serious expression. “We need to talk.”

Jim’s easy smile fades slightly at Bones’ tone. “We do?”

"Now's as good a time as any to tell you, Jim,” Bones says slowly, drawling out his words in a way that seems to take him twice as long to say them. “Your ceiling is hideous."

“What?” Jim blinks dumbly as Bones starts to laugh. “You asshole.” He moves quickly, straddling Bones and pinning him to the mattress, no longer feeling lazy and sated. “That isn’t funny.”

“Yeah, it was,” Bones challenges, smirking up at him as he starts to tickle Jim, knowing exactly where to move his fingers to get a reaction.

“My ceiling is beautiful,” Jim says, catching Bones’ hands and kissing him before he can argue.
Kirk/McCoy - "A lie is a poor way to say hello." by inell
Kirk/McCoy - "A lie is a poor way to say hello."

When Jim hears the sound of the doors opening, he turns to see Bones stepping over the threshold. “I don’t want to talk to you,” Jim tells him curtly.

“A lie is a poor way to say hello, Jim.” Bones ignores him, as usual, and crosses the Observation Deck.

“I came here to be alone, Bones.” Jim glares, not that it has any affect on Bones.

“I don’t count. Isn’t that what you always say?” Bones gives him that ‘I’m a stubborn bastard, too’ look as he leans against the wall beside Jim.

“Why are you here? You hate this deck,” Jim mutters. While Bones has worked through his fears, mostly, he generally avoids coming here, where it’s almost floor to ceiling windows showing the deep space around them. For him to come here, it’s got to be important. Jim isn’t really in the mood to be flattered at the thought that he’s important enough.

“It isn’t your fault,” Bones says simply. Jim tenses and looks away from him. When he feels Bones’ arm nudge his, he bites the inside of his cheek. “Jim, you can’t blame yourself.”

“Why not?” He closes his eyes and is immediately taken back to the recent expedition on Bwort IV. He can practically feel the humidity and heavy atmosphere that made it difficult to breathe as the landing party explored. “I wasn’t careful enough, Bones. Barrett died, and I couldn’t help her. I should have paid more attention, should have noticed--“

“What, Jim? How could you have predicted an earthquake?” Bones snorts. “She died on my table. If anyone should be playing this blame game, it’s me. You managed to get her out and bring her back here.”

Jim opens his eyes and looks at Bones. “Stop it,” he says sharply. “This isn’t a contest. She’s the first crew member that we’ve lost since beginning the mission, Bones. I held her in my arms, watched her struggle to stay alive, had to wash her blood off my hands. I know that she had internal bleeding and was living on borrowed time just to make it back here, but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel responsible. Just like you do.” He stares at Bones and suddenly understands how difficult it must be to deal with life and death constantly the way that Bones does.

Bones tilts his head and smiles wryly. “Would you believe me if I say it gets easier?”

“No,” Jim murmurs. “Anyway, you know that you can’t lie to me, Bones.”

“Damn it, Jim.” Bones shakes his head. “I was drunk when I told you that. A gentleman would just forget about it.”

“Don’t really think I’m much of a gentleman.” Jim looks at him and leans over to kiss Bones before he can think about it. It’s awkward and messy and maybe more than a little desperate, but Bones starts to kiss him back and it gets a lot better. When they break apart, Jim touches Bones’ face. “Help me deal with it?”

“Yeah,” Bones agrees gruffly, pulling him closer. “I can do that.”
This story archived at http://inell.avada-kedavra.net/viewstory.php?sid=54