Best Laid Plans

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Willow smiled in her sleep, dreaming of Spike's tongue on her skin. She sighed, almost feeling it on her foot. She slowly woke up, realizing that it wasn't a dream. She could the cool lips on the top of her foot slowly up her legs. She hated when he teased her like this. Well, not really. It just made her want him all the more. They had been together for two weeks. Two weeks since Anne and her family had come to Sunnydale. In the beginning, she had planned to have him move in with her at her parent's house. But, she had spoken to her parents and knew they wanted to sell the house. So, she had just moved into the mansion with him and the others. He had sulked a bit but seemed content to have the entire west wing to themselves.

She liked it because she could be as vocal as she wanted when they made love. Of course, as Alex so loved to remind her, vampires had really good hearing. After several times of blushing to his glee, she had begun to accept that they could hear her crying out in pleasure from Spike's touch. Spike, of course, loved the idea that they knew how happy he made her. She had had to threaten him several times because he wanted to shag in living room, not caring who walked in. He had explained to her that they were vampires and would not be offended. She had no doubts about that. She was mostly worried that if it happened to be Delia or Alex that they would join in. Beth and Ripper would watch or shag themselves while Anne and William would just smile and leave, giving them privacy. She just wasn't that immoral.... yet.

She felt the lips pause around her knees, a tongue licking the back of them and causing her to giggle softly. She felt her juices begin to flow as he continued to tease her with playful swipes of his tongue against her flesh. She moaned as he moved up her thighs, his large hands spreading her legs. She could feel his nose brush against her clit as he ran his tongue over her. She gasped, feeling a cool mouth enclose her nipple as his mouth delved into her wet cunt. Her eyes flew open and she looked down, seeing a dark head between her thighs and a blonde one feasting on her breast. Spike looked up, a small smile crossing his lips. "Doesn't she taste good, mate?"

Alex lifted his head, a twinkle in his eyes as he licked his lips, "She's delicious, old man."

Willow cried out in surprise, sitting up suddenly. She looked around, confusion in her eyes as she saw the covers over her legs. She glanced at Spike who was laying beside her. He opened his eyes, yawning. "You alright luv?"

She nodded, smiling a shaky smile, "Just a dream."

He sniffed the air, her arousal evident. He smiled, his arm snaking around her back as he pulled her against him. "You're wet, luv."

"Yes," she whispered, knowing he would be heartbroken if he had any idea she had been dreaming about having sex with him and Alex, of all people. Her old crush on Xander had been resurfacing towards Alex, the feelings making her look at him at times in a way she shouldn't be looking at anyone. Especially when she loved Spike with all of her heart and soul. He was her lover, her best friend, her mate. But, she couldn't deny the attraction she felt towards Alex. She had never dreamed of him before, but found herself wondering if this was just the start. She felt Spike's fingers brush against her wetness and smiled into his eyes, all thoughts of Alex leaving her mind as she lowered her mouth to Spike's.

**********

"What's wrong?" Spike said softly. He watched Willow's face, seeing the slight widening in her eyes at his question.

"Wrong?" she asked quietly, her eyes on his. She debated telling him the truth, that she had had several erotic dreams centering around him and Alex and her. Somehow, though, she knew that that would not be smart. He hated Alex and would probably not listen to her claims that it meant nothing.

"Pet, don't play with me," he said simply, continuing to lazily caress her lower leg.

Willow sighed, a slow heat spreading over her at his gentle touch. She frowned, knowing that she would not be able to refuse his question. Lies were not healthy to a relationship, especially a new one like theirs. "I had a dream that I was having sex with you and Alex."

Spike had had to strain to hear her softly whispered words. When he heard the names, he stiffened, his hold on her leg tightening until he heard her soft gasp of pain. He moved his hands, hating that he had caused her even that slight pain but also hating that that prick had entered her dreams. "The undead moron?"

Willow flinched at his hissed words, looking at her lap, and nodded slowly. "Yes...I'm so sorry."

Spike smiled slightly at her words, realizing he was overreacting. "Luv, look at me."

Willow looked up, feeling his fingers under her chin. She chewed on her bottom lip, leaning against his hand. "Yes?"

"I'm a stupid prick," he said solemnly. He heard her giggle and smiled, the tension easing from her at his words.

"No you aren't," she said smiling. She added, "well, not all the time...."

Spike laughed, "Oh get this. You tell me you're fantasizing about fucking the moron and now you pick on me."

Willow grimaced, "Trust me when I say that I don't want to dream about him. I mean, sure I like him and he is attractive and charming in a goofy way, but he's not you. I love you. You're all I need....all I want."

"Ye can't help how you dream, luv," Spike said simply. He felt that there was no need to mention his twisted dreams of Angelus and Drusilla and him and her, memories mingled with fantasy mixed with nightmares. He knew that there was no choice to what one dreamed about. He had no interest in Drusilla or Angelus anymore. He might still remember them fondly at times, not so fondly at others, but Willow was what he wanted.

"I know that but I don't want to hurt you...I know how much you hate him," Willow said.

"I don't hate the brat," Spike said, "He's just an annoying whelp. You can dream about him as long as that is *all* you do."

"Trust me. That will be it," she said, having thought about the actuality of having sex with Alex and realizing that it would be horrid. He looked too much like Xander. It would be almost like incest. She really wished he would show some interest in Delia or someone and quit spending all his time flirting with her. She enjoyed the idea that a man thought her attractive but too much could be bad. "I love you, Spike."

"Love you too, pet," he said, a slow smile crossing his face as he shifted on the bed, claiming her lips in a possessive kiss.

**********

"That is so gross!"

Willow laughed when she heard Buffy's whine. "Oh, come on Buffy. It isn't that bad."

"Is too," the slayer whined, looking away from the loveseat where Beth and Ripper were lip locked.

"Bethie, not in front of the children," Anne said, her tone amused. She was laying on one of the half dozen sofas and loveseats that now covered the mansion's living room. Since they had taken over Angel's old house, much redecorating had been done. Willow had moved into the west wing with Spike. Anya and Xander had a room that they had taken over next to the rooms that Angel and Cordelia had moved into. Even Buffy and Riley had a room for their extended visits that usually meant over night stays. She thought it all rather fun that they had been able to become such good friends. Who ever would have imagined that a slayer would be practically living with seven vampires.

"But, Maaa," Beth whined, winking at Anne. She knew how much it irritated Buffy when she and Ripper were affectionate in front of her. Beth couldn't look at Giles and see Ripper. Sure, she knew that, like Anne and the others, he was a version of the watcher. She knew that at one time Giles was probably as handsome and wild as her Ripper, but they were not the same man. Not any more. Even with the others she could see the differences all too clearly. Personally they were all different despite the similar looks. For some reason, though, the humans could not distinguish those differences. "It's such fun."

"Like children," Angel said with a smile. He felt Cordelia shift against him and tightened his arms around her.

"Aren't they?" Anne said, laughing at her children's disgruntled looks.

"Quit picking on the kids," Willow said, laughing as Beth and Alex stuck their tongues out at her. "You know, your face could freeze like that."

"Could be worse," Alex said, winking as he twirled his tongue around in an obvious interpretation that made Willow blush.

"I may be sick," Spike said, groaning.

Willow laughed, rolling her eyes. It had been almost a week since their talk when she had confessed to the dreams she had. Since then, she hadn't had another. It was really nice because she was starting to be more comfortable around Alex without all the naughty images haunting her mind. She was discovering a friendship with him that reminded her of what she and Xander used to have...what they were also starting to recapture. "Be nice, honey."

"Always pet," he said, moving his hand over her stomach and drawing lazy circles on her flesh.

"What shall we do tonight?" Xander asked, running his fingers through Anya's hair in an unconscious gesture.

"Patrol later," Buffy said, her voice lazy as she looked at Riley.

"Food now," Riley said, seeing the look of agreement on Xander's face.

"Oooh, can we have pizza?" Delia asked from her position in a chair in between Anne and Willow.

"Pizza sounds delightful," Cordelia said, smiling at the vampire.

"I'll phone it in," Willow said, getting to her feet. She called the local delivery place and ordered their usual. That place was making a fortune off of them she knew. At least twice a week they ordered pizza. She finished their order, hanging the phone up. "All called in. It will be here in less than an hour."

"Oh good," Xander said. "I'm starving."

William laughed, "I have to agree. Until then, movie anyone?"

Willow smiled, starting to walk back towards her place in Spike's lap. Before she could move far, the phone rang. She picked it up, "Hello?"

"Red, I need to talk."

Willow heard the familiar voice, glancing at the others as Faith repeated herself. She sighed, "What do you need?"

**********

:Are you alone?:

Willow looked around the room at the dozen people sitting around the room. "Not quite."

:Fuck....can you talk?:

"That would be a negative," Willow said, resting against the table where the phone was seated. Spike looked at her, his eyes concerned. She smiled at him, listening to Faith curse. "It's my Mother."

:Your Mom?: Faith snorted, :That's a new one. Can you listen?:

"Always," Willow said, relieved to see Spike turn his attention to the television. She knew he was still watching her. Her reaction to the phone call had made him curious and saying it was her Mother was stupid but she couldn't think of anyone else.

:I'm out early for good behavior of all things:

Willow could hear the amusement in Faith's voice and smiled. Unknown to anyone else, she had received a letter from Faith shortly after the girl had gone to jail. Faith had asked her to come visit her, telling her that she had something to tell her. She had snuck away from Sunnydale, going to LA and seeing Faith more than five months ago. Faith had surprisingly apologized and the two girls had begun a friendship. The jail that Faith was in had Internet access which allowed them to keep in touch daily. Faith was the only person that Willow had confessed her feelings for Spike to. Willow had not told Faith about Anne and the others, not really knowing a way to explain it all for her friend to understand. She had mentioned that they had some new allies that were rather different and that even Buffy had taken to them. She had also told Faith that she and Spike were together now and that she was living at the mansion. She had given Faith the number for the girl's emergency contact listing at the prison where she was listed as the one to notify if anything happened to the slayer. "That is rather hard to believe."

:Ha ha...I can't believe I'm out. I tried calling Angel, but his number was disconnected. His entire office was blown up. Have you heard from him?:

Willow heard the worry in Faith's voice and smiled. Jail time had given Faith time to think. She had been able to sense the differences in the slayer through her letters, but knew that anything could be projected in words. Hearing Faith's voice though, she knew the girl was concerned. "You could say that."

:Is he OK? And Cordy? She's all right?:

"Fine. Completely healthy," Willow said, her eyes moving to the couple in question. "Smiling and everything."

:OH...they finally realized they were in love huh? I saw that when I visited them.:

"Always know everything don't you?" Willow said, laughing softly. She saw movement as Spike again looked at her. She smiled at him, wishing he wouldn't worry so much. It wasn't like someone could hurt her over a phone.

:You said it, I didn't.: There was a pause before Faith continued, :I'm coming back.:

"What?" Willow said, surprised. In all their correspondence, Faith had never mentioned coming back to Sunnydale. "I don't think that is a good idea."

:I'm sure it isn't, but I got to do it. Too much I need to fix. Besides, I'm a slayer. It is my duty to fight.:

"I'm really happy that you've finally realized that. Took you long enough. But, I don't really think this is the right time."

:Will it ever be a right time? After all the shit I did? No. It has to be now. If I don't, well, I might fall right back to where I was before. You're right. It did take me long enough to understand who and what I am. If it hadn't been for you and Angel....well, I don't know where I might be.:

"Honey," Willow said softly, not used to hearing Faith's voice filled with such emotion. Sure, she had read many an inner feeling of the girl, but hearing and reading were two different things. She usually heard Faith's voice filled with menace and threat. She suddenly realized that Faith was right. It would take a hell of a lot for her to make up for everything she had done. It was typical Faith to want to jump right in feet first. "It's all right. It's going to be fine."

:I wish it were that easy, Red. I know what I have to face and it's going to be hard. But, you're there. I am guessing that Angel is there too, based on what you haven't said. The only two people that really seem to care. I can do it, though. Whatever it takes, I'll make it all up to you guys. Trust me on that.:

"I trust you," Willow said, turning so that Spike couldn't see her face. "When will you be here?"

:Just got out today. Plan to be in Sunnydale sometime tomorrow. Already got this room so I won't bother leaving until tomorrow. Is it...um...well...:

"You're always welcome in my home," Willow said softly. "You remember where it is?"

:Yeah. I'm not that old, yet. Are you sure? I mean, Fang won't mind?:

"I'll talk to him. He doesn't know about out friendship or that I even speak to you. There are several rooms in our wing that you can choose from. That keeps you away from the others, until you're ready to deal with them. Things are quite different around here....."

:So you've said. Oh well, different can be good. See you tomorrow, Red?:

"Tomorrow," Willow whispered softly, hanging the phone up. She turned towards the others, seeing blue eyes watching her move. She sighed, moving towards Spike. She lay on the sofa, her head going to his ear. "After this, we need to talk. I have a bit of a surprise."

**********

Faith got off the bus and looked around. She could feel the change in the air as soon as she breathed. The evil, the supernatural feeling that overwhelmed her. She had gotten it the first time she had arrived in town and it had scared her. As it was, she had let it all get to her. She had made a deal with a devil, so to speak. She had betrayed the people she had started to almost consider her friends. She had killed a man that did not deserve to die. Even worse, after almost dying herself, she had come back in some stupid idea for revenge. She had again fucked up. She knew she didn't deserve Willow's friendship. Hell, not six months ago she had wanted nothing more than to kill the redhead. She had wanted to kill them all. It had taken her over a month of solitude to work things out mentally. When she had, the only person she had contacted was Willow. The most threatening of all of them because Faith knew she was the one that could get the closest to her. To who she really was. It was better to piss her off and hope she would quit trying to be so friendly. At least, that's what she had felt back then. Now, she was relieved that Willow had such an understanding heart.

Faith had made plenty of mistakes during her first time and even her second visit to Sunnydale. Starting from her initial attitude to killing Allen to helping the Mayor to fucking Xander to trying to kill Angel and everyone to taking over Buffy's body. Good God, she had actually had sex with Buffy's boyfriend while in the blonde's body. She couldn't imagine why Willow would actually drive to LA to see her much less give her an offer of friendship. Hell, she'd be lucky if Buffy didn't kill her immediately. And she'd never been very lucky. She signed, pulling her backpack tighter across her shoulders. It was pathetic, she realized. Everything she owned fit in one small backpack.

She knew why though. She was used to running. Couldn't run if you had so much to carry it took you hours to pack. So, she had learned to live with very little. It had never really bothered her before. Now, though, it made her rather sad. She had been so caught up in the pretty things that the mayor had given her...with the caring he seemed to display, that she had been unable to see that he was using her. Hell, she couldn't really say much. She had used him too. She had known the moment that Allen had died that her path was chosen. Now, she felt weak for giving in so easily. She was a fighter. Always had been. Why the fuck had she followed the darkness so readily? It was expected of her, she knew. Buffy, the others, they all thought she was bad. Sure, they never said it, but she had seen it in their eyes. In the beginning, she had been a marvel to them. Something entertaining. Once they had gotten to know her, they hadn't liked her. Well, Xander had been interested but only because he couldn't have Buffy. And she'd almost killed him. She shook her head, moving towards the cemetery.

The talks with Willow had done a lot for her. Willow had been completely honest with her, the computer giving her the needed means to rant and rave to her hearts content. Faith had gotten a very good dose of exactly what the redhead felt for her. The hatred, the friendship, the disappointment, the fear. She had returned the favor, letting Willow know everything that had gone through her mind from the moment Allen had died until she had spent her first night in jail. It was strange, but talking about it made it better in so many ways. It didn't make everything go away, but it made it seem like there was some hope. That's all she could ask for. She intended to do whatever it took to get the gang's forgiveness. She wasn't going to look for their friendship, figuring that it would be ridiculous to expect that from them. But, anything other than intense dislike and hatred would be nice. She wondered about these new people that were helping the gang. Willow had not mentioned much about them, but the few things had been rather positive. She heard a scuffle and frowned, moving towards the sounds.

She saw a dark guy fighting with three vampires. Before her eyes, he staked them all. She moved closer, realizing that he was a vampire. Her eyes narrowed as she dropped her bag. She picked up a stick, moving quickly. He turned, catching her off guard. She began to fight him, feeling better than she had in months. She smiled, kicking her leg out and making him stumble. She felt a hand lash against her stomach, knocking her to her back. She landed with an oomph as she realized that he had her. She closed her eyes, groaning in disbelief. When she opened her eyes, she saw familiar brown eyes laughing at her. Her eyes widened as she began to scramble backwards, clawing at the dirt. "Oh God, no...Xander..."

Alex saw the gorgeous slayer realize she had lost. Her eyes changed and he saw the fight flare in them. She was no quitter. When she called out that moron's name, her eyes died. He could smell the fear and he frowned. Willow had told him earlier that Faith was coming to stay. She had told him all about the slayer, mentioning the loss of Xander's virginity to the girl. She hadn't mentioned how beautiful and passionate the girl was though. He had felt himself hardening as they fought, the thrill of the fight always turning him on. Now, facing her, well, he actually envied that pathetic human version of himself for having had the girl. He smiled, deciding that Willow might not mind if he played a bit. He leaned over, his body against hers. He moved his leg between her legs, spreading them slightly. He heard her gasp and moved his mouth against her ear. "Guess again, darlin'."

**********

Faith heard the words, realizing that he might look just like Xander, but his voice sounded different. It was more mature with a slight accent, but still sounded a lot like Xander. She pushed against him, almost groaning at the feel of his hard body against hers. He was strong. So very strong. The fight had turned her on more than she wanted to admit. She was trying to reform, trying to be good. But, damn, she was horny. And he was gorgeous, in an undead way. She had always thought Xander attractive, but then he'd open his mouth and ruin the image. He had been a decent fuck and she liked the knowledge that she had been his first, but this guy, whoever the hell he was, he knew how to move his body. She shook her head at those thoughts, deciding that Willow would kill her if she knew that within an hour of arriving back in town she had not only picked a fight with some vampire, but was now laying underneath him and idly wishing he'd just shut up and fuck her. Not good, Faith. Gotta make Wills proud of you. Rutting around with some random guy, a vampire wearing Xander's face no less, was not something to be proud of. "Who the fuck are you?"

Alex smiled, having watched her eyes as she had argued something with herself. Such beautiful eyes....he found himself falling into them. "Naughty mouth, slayer."

"Let me go," Faith demanded, knowing that she was not really in a position to be.

Alex laughed, amusement evident in his face, "No."

Faith frowned at his word, "What? You have to kill me or let me go!"

Alex shook his head, brushing his lips against her neck. He could hear her heart racing at the cool touch of his lips and smiled. He ran his tongue over her, tasting the sweat. He ran his tongue up her face to her ear, feeling himself harden even more as she began to struggle against him. Her arousal was obvious, her pupils dilated slightly, the scent in the air, her nipples straining against the scrap of fabric she called a shirt. He whispered, "I think I want to keep ya."

"Oh God," she whispered as his mouth went back to brushing over her neck and face. She continued to struggle, but was slowly losing her fight at the pleasure he was giving her with such a simple action. She felt his erection against the juncture of her thighs and moaned as she arched up against him. Fuck it. Being good for Willow could wait until she had fucked this guy. She had to have him. She was burning up, the ache almost painful as he teased her with his mouth. She felt his body pressed against hers, cursing the clothing between them.

Alex stilled, a familiar scent in the air. He pulled away from Faith, watching the disappointment cross her face as he got to his feet. He turned, a sheepish smile crossing his lips. "Love, what are you doing here?"

Faith sat up, running a hand through her hair as she got the leaves out of it. She got to her feet, wondering what had just happened there. She was still aroused, her body tight and ready. She heard his words and her head snapped up. She saw Willow standing there, the redhead tapping her foot as she glared at the vampire. Could it really be Xander? "Willow?"

Willow looked at Faith and had to smile. "Faith. It's nice to see you. I do hope Alex wasn't too rude to you."

"Alex?" Faith said, glancing at the dark haired vampire who was shuffling in place and looking worriedly at Willow.

"He's one of those people I told you about," Willow said, looking at Alex. "You've been bad."

Alex looked up, a smile crossing his face. "You gonna punish me?" he asked hopefully.

Willow laughed, "Somehow I don't think Spike would allow it. Besides, you weren't naughty to me. Poor Faith. Just arrives in town and has to put up with your games. Not that she seemed to be minding, I admit."

"Oh, yeah, she was enjoying it," Alex said, a confident smile crossing his handsome face.

"Excuse me?" Faith said, irritation in her voice. She had no idea what was going on or why this guy seemed so friendly with Willow. She also had to admit she was slightly jealous of the obvious love he had for the redhead, though she herself felt something similar for the girl that had been such a good friend. "Enjoying it? Being attacked and mauled by you?"

"Come on," he said, rolling his eyes. "You wanted it. I could have had you begging for your mother, your father and God with one simple stroke of that wet pussy."

"Arrogant bastard, isn't he?" Willow said in a friendly tone as she watched the sparks between Faith and Alex. She laughed softly, seeing the obvious attraction and realizing that they were perfect for each other.

"I'd go with the bastard part," Faith said, glaring at the man she now knew was Alex. She turned to Willow, a smile crossing her face as she moved to hug the girl tightly, "Damn, I missed you Red."

"Never thought I'd hear those words from you, Faith," Willow said, a smile crossing her face as she hugged her friend.

"Well, call us even then, cause I honestly never thought I'd say them," Faith admitted, simply looking at her friend. "You look good Willow. Fucking Fang must agree with you."

"Faith!" Willow said, her face turning red. She rolled her eyes, "God, you are incorrigible."

"Yeah, but you love me anyway," Faith said, her eyes unknowingly needy.

"Yeah, but I love you anyway," Willow said, watching as Faith smiled at the words. She looked at Alex and glared at him, "You, mister, are not on my high list at the moment. Playing your silly games is fine, as long as Faith chooses to play. Get her bag and follow behind us. We have things to discuss."

"Yes, Red," Alex said, snapping to attention.

Faith looked at Willow and smiled, a wicked glint entering her eyes, "You know, Wills, this dominant thing you got going with him? Damn, it makes me hot."

"Faith, give it a rest," Willow said, laughing at Faith's look of respect. "He could have had you there on the ground and would have if I hadn't interrupted. I'd say Alex in general makes you hot."

Faith glared at Willow as the redhead laughed, "Shut up, Red. I've been away from human contact for months. And the man is yummy. Even you can admit that."

"Oh yeah, he's a hottie," Willow said, joining her arm with Faith's as they left the cemetery and headed towards the mansion. "You two look good together."

"Oh, so I have your permission, Mom?" Faith asked, smiling at the pretty girl.

"Like you'd need my permission," Willow snorted, "Faith, I know you remember? Want, take, have? Poor Alex has no idea what he's in for."

Faith just smiled, resisting the urge to hug Willow for making her feel so welcome. Hug her and then maybe kiss her for being such a good friend when she knew she didn't deserve it. Faith's eyes swept over Willow's frame clothed in a t-shirt and faded blue jeans. She was so damn pretty and still had no idea she was hot. Faith could not understand Willow sometimes. Of course, Will had a hunky vamp waiting for her at home. Maybe she didn't want anyone else to be attracted to her since she seemed to have her life full of Spike at the moment. Faith smiled, deciding she couldn't wait to meet the vampire, officially, that had stolen her Willow's heart. She glanced back and caught Alex's eyes as he obviously was enjoying watching her and Willow walk in front of him. She had to smile as he winked at her, before she turned to continue talking to Willow about the changes in Sunnydale. She had to admit that she was glad she had come home. It seemed that things were finally interesting around here.

**********

"Holy fucking mother of God," Faith said, her eyes wide with shock as she looked around the room. She heard Willow's giggle and glared at the girl. "You didn't tell me this!"

"Would you have believed me?" Willow asked sweetly.

"Hell no, but still," Faith said, glancing back around the room.

"So, this is the naughty little slayer," Beth said, her eyes roaming over the brunette's body. She smiled, "She's hot."

"Oh eeew, Buffy just called me hot," Faith whined, feeling almost dirty.

"Her name is Beth," Willow corrected with a smile. She had to agree with Beth. Faith was definitely attractive. She laughed, "and trust me, she is *nothing* like Buffy."

"Thank God," Beth and Faith replied at the same time. They looked at each other and started to laugh.

"Bloody marvelous. Giggling girls, just what we need," Ripper muttered.

"Hush honey," Beth said, kissing him roughly.

"Fuck," Faith said, watching two people that looked a bit too much like Buffy and Giles savagely kiss. She looked at Willow, "Is that not a bit gross?"

Willow wrinkled her nose, "It takes some getting used to, but since they are majorly into having each other whenever they want, well, you start to forget that they look sort of like Giles and Buffy. Besides, I think part of it is because Beth knows it makes Buffy uncomfortable to watch."

Faith had to laugh, "I think I could like this Beth chick."

"Willow-mine, was Alex a bad boy?" an amused voice asked.

"Yes, Delia. He was playing with Faith when I got there," Willow said, moving into the living room, her hand pulling Faith behind her. She sat down, watching as Delia knelt at her feet, placing her head on her lap. This part still unnerved her in many ways. She couldn't understand why Delia would be so loyal to her, despite the similarities between her and Anne. Even when Anne was around, Delia tended to be beside Willow now. The redhead knew that the girl shared a bed with her sire and William at times, having seen her leaving in the afternoons. That just made it a bit more strange for Willow when the girl looked up at her with such devotion. It was also nice though in a way.

"The prom queen kneeling at your feet?" Faith said, raising a brow. She saw Willow shrug and smiled, glancing down at the girl who was watching her curiously.

"I was never a prom queen, slayer," Cordelia said loftily, walking into the room. She saw Delia at Willow's feet and flinched slightly. Even seeing Beth and Ripper making out wasn't as weird as seeing someone that looked remarkably like her having such an obvious crush on Willow. Not that she couldn't understand the crush, having had one on the redhead throughout high school. After getting involved with Angel and watching Willow with Spike, she had realized that the crush had faded with time, though she would always be grateful to count Willow amongst her best friends. "The may queen. If you're going to insult me, at least get it right."

"Still the same Cordy, I see," Faith said, smiling. She had always rather liked the girl's habit of being so brutally honest.

"I hope it's not the same Faith that I'm seeing," Cordelia said, glancing at Willow. "I trust Will though. If she says you've changed, that's good enough for me."

Alex rolled his eyes as he walked into the room. "Red, I got her bags. Where do you want her?"

Willow smiled, "You can put her in the room next to yours. That way, I'll sleep better knowing she is safe and protected."

"What?" Faith said, shaking her head. "I don't want anywhere near this bastard."

"That's not what your body was saying not even an hour ago," Alex reminded with a wicked grin.

"Fuck off, Fang," Faith said, glaring at him. She looked back at Willow, "Can't I stay somewhere else?"

"You don't want to stay in her and Spike's wing," Anne said as she walked into the room. She smiled at the look of surprise in the girl's eyes and knew that Willow had not mentioned her. "You'd be kept up all night...."

"And afternoon....and evening...." William added with a laugh as he moved his arm around Anne's waist. He smiled at Faith, trying to separate her from the version from his world, the one that had been involved with Darla. "They are quite vocal in their love for each other."

Beth snickered, "Yeah, Red's a screamer."

"Ok. We can move on to a new topic now," Willow said, her face flaming red. "They're full of it, Faith. Spike doesn't like anyone staying in our wing really. He likes the privacy. And trust me, with this many people living here, privacy is something he's earned."

Faith laughed, "Fine, I'll take the room next to Fang. Just tell me it has a lock and we're fine."

"It has a lock," Willow said, failing to mention that the lock in question was rather flimsy and that Alex could easily break it if he wanted. "Alex, why don't you take Faith's bags upstairs while she meets everyone."

"Yes, mistress," Alex said, winking at her as she rolled her eyes.

"Spike should be in soon. He and Angel went out to pick up some blood," Willow explained to Faith.

Faith nodded, glancing around the room. It was a strange little group, but even she could sense the bond between them. This was a family and she was lucky enough to have been adopted by Willow. She looked at the redhead, a wicked gleam entering her eyes as she said, "So, you're a screamer?"

**********

"Why is she here again?" Buffy asked, not taking her eyes off of Faith.

"Because, she's my friend and she had nowhere else to go," Willow said, "Besides, she wants redemption. I couldn't tell her no."

"You know, Will. It's really easy to say no. N-O. See? Simple," Buffy said, glancing at the redhead. Seeing the look in the green eyes, she sighed, "Fine. I'm dealing with it. I mean, you don't see me out there challenging her or arguing with her, do you?"

"No," Willow said, smiling. "And I'm very proud of you for keeping yourself restrained."

"It looks like Alex is doing a good enough job of drawing blood, anyway," the blond said, smiling slightly as she watched the vampire and the slayer fight.

"Yeah, those two really need to stop fighting that attraction before they kill each other," Riley said, rolling his eyes. It had been nearly a week since Faith's return. Buffy asked everyday why the girl was back and Willow always replied the same way. He knew his girlfriend was having problems dealing with Faith's return on top of everything else, but he was proud of her. So far, she had been friendly and had actually been trying to mend some bridges between her and the brunette. What really kept his interest, though, was the obvious desire between Faith and Alex. He had never witnessed anything quite so passionate or dangerous. Every night the two would get in from patrol, arguing with each other with fresh bruises or cuts. There was actually a bet going on in the house about how long it would take the two to get together.

Willow laughed, "Riley, hon. Don't you see? The fight is half the fun for them. They both like to play rough."

"I believe this is where I must take leave," Giles said, speaking up for the first time in an hour. He shut his book, marking his place. He had been attempting to research the prophecy that had brought Anne and her family to this reality for several weeks to no avail. Many questions nagged at his mind, concerning the exact wording and meaning, and he had yet to find any answers. Well, any answers that satisfied him at least. He had a growing suspicion what part of the meaning was, and he wanted to prove this thought valid before he reacted. If it proved to be what he personally feared, he would deal with that knowledge when the time came. No need to cause worry among the children because of his doubts and worries.

"You aren't staying for dinner?" Willow asked, looking at the older man.

"You have to stay. I'm cooking," Buffy pointed out, frowning as she saw the thoughtful look in her former watcher's eyes. He had been getting that look a lot the past few times she had seen him. Appeared to be practically be lost in thought.

Spike snorted, "Thought you were trying to convince the wanker to stay, not run away screaming in fright."

"Shut up, Blondie," Buffy shot back at her best friend's lover, sticking her tongue out for good measure.

"Wish your face would bloody well freeze like that," Spike said, growling as she wriggled her tongue at him. "Children," Willow scolded, her tone lofty as her eyes sparkled with amusement.

"No dessert for either of you two tonight," Riley said, his tone the same as Willow's as he and the redhead shared a look. They were used to their lover's arguing, finding delight in catching them acting childish and stupid.

"But, Moooom," Spike whined, rolling his eyes as he looked at Willow. "Sorry, luv."

"I really do need to go," Giles said, smiling apologetically. "I'm expecting a phone call from overseas concerning some research I'm working on. If I miss this call, it might be another week before I can get back in touch with my contact."

"It's ok," Willow said, smiling. She whispered, "Buffy is cooking after all. Need some help with that research?"

"I heard that, Willow!" Buffy said, glaring at her friend. "Besides, Beth and Ripper are doing most of the cooking. I'm just showing Delia how to make a cake."

"I changed my mind, pet. I don't want dessert," Spike said, winking at Willow.

"Good night Giles," Willow said, deciding it was best to ignore Spike's statement as she heard Buffy echo her goodbye.

"Good night all," he replied as he got to his feet. "Do tell Xander and Anya that I asked about them."

"We will," Riley said. "Be careful on the way back."

"I will," Giles said.

"Wait, G-man!" Faith said, coming over after seeing him rise. "I'll walk you home. Give you a slayer escort and all that shit."

"That's not necessary, Faith," Giles said, smiling a strained smile at the slayer.

"Yes, it is," she insisted, "Alex will come along too."

"I will?" the vampire asked, hearing his name as he walked towards them.

"If you want to that is," Faith said, frowning as she looked towards the floor. She had assumed he'd go with her, having spent most nights patrolling with the handsome vampire since arriving back in Sunnydale.

"If I must," he said, smiling as he winked at a grinning Willow over Faith's bent head.

"Fine. You two can walk me home," Giles finally agreed, knowing that he would be unable to turn them down.

"Cool," Faith said, smiling as she looked up. She glanced at Willow, "We'll be back soon, Red."

"Have fun," Willow called after them as she snuggled against Spike and began to argue with Buffy about which type of cake she should teach Delia to make for dinner.

**********

Giles had to smile, listening to the fight going on in front of him. Alex and Faith had been bickering since they had left Willow's house, arguing about everything from the exact shading of the night sky to which fast food restaurant had the best french fries. They were amusing, in a way. But also rather annoying. Their attraction was evident yet they seemed to want to deny their feelings in order to make everyone else's life miserable. He watched Faith, still trying to grow used to the idea that she was back and wanting to help. He was not one to judge, having had his own mistakes during his early years. He, too, had been responsible for someone dying like the slayer. They really weren't all that different, in some ways. In others, there were oceans separating them. She was lucky though. She had a life ahead of her to find the redemption she seemed to want so badly.

He heard his name and came out of his thoughts, looking at Faith's questioning gaze. "Sorry. Did you say something?"

"Everything ok, G?" she asked, realizing that the watcher had seemed different the last week. Lost in his thoughts more than usual. She wondered if something was bothering him and, if so, could she do anything to help him. She knew she had let him down by going to the Mayor's side, by everything she had done over that year. She still couldn't believe that Buffy had forgiven her. Well, not really forgiven. In the process of forgiving maybe? She and the blonde had had a long talk shortly after she had arrived, fighting out their differences until they had finally realized there was nothing left to fight about. She knew it would be awhile yet before they could be friends, or even really be in the same room for more than an hour without fighting. But, they had been a good team at one time. She wouldn't mind getting that back. Besides, Buffy was no longer whining about Angel all the time and that made her a bit more likable.

"I'm fine, Faith," he said, smiling at the girl's worried statement. "What did you need?"

"I just wondered if you wanted to patrol with us," she said quietly, not sure what his answer was going to be. She hastened to add, "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"What?" he said, looking at the slayer and then at the vampire who was watching her with amusement and something akin to affection.

"Do ya want to watch her kick ass or go home?" Alex asked, not looking at the watcher, his attention instead focused on Faith.

"I doubt you need me, do you?" Giles asked, "I really do need to take that phone call."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot," Faith said, turning away and walking ahead.

"But, he's not supposed to call for another few hours," Giles said softly, watching her turn and smile brightly at him. He was too soft, he realized. But, seeing her smile at something as simple as him going to patrol with her, well, he didn't mind being soft.

**********

Willow sat down opposite the former watcher, watching as he hastily shut the book he was reading and looked up at her with a smile. "Giles, whatcha reading?"

"Willow, this is a pleasant surprise," he said, having been so absorbed in his reading that he had not heard his own door open. "Just doing some research."

"On what?" she asked, studying him.

"Just a few areas of personal interest," he remarked. "Is there a reason for this visit?"

"Nope," she said smiling. "Just missed you. Haven't seen you the past few days and thought I'd check up on my favorite ex-watcher."

"I never intended for you to worry," he apologized. "I've just been busy with this project."

"Need any help?" she asked. She had noticed that she hardly saw Giles anymore, usually only during important research sessions or a random visit. She understood that he really didn't have very much in common with any of them, and also didn't really like the public display of affections that they all tended to be into. She thought of him as a father though, and hated that he didn't feel comfortable being around their family as much anymore. So, she had left Spike with a kiss and gone to visit her old friend.

"Actually, no," he said a bit rapidly. "I'm doing quite well. Besides, don't you have other things to do?"

"Actually, no," she said, mirroring his words with a smile. "I kept today open to spend with you. I never see you anymore. Just wanted to make sure everything was all right."

"Willow, I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine," he said with a soft smile. "How is Spike?"

"He's great, but still grumbling about all the people living with us," she said with a smile. "Buffy and Riley officially moved in last weekend. We have people coming out of every corner now it seems."

"It does sound exciting," Giles said. "And Faith? How is she?"

"Adjusting," Willow said. "She and Alex are still fighting and eyeing each other, she and Buffy have started making rounds together but there's still some tension there, and Anne and the others love her. She told me you went with her and Alex the other night?"

"Yes," he said, shaking his head. "They are quite a team. She's improved drastically, getting that temper under control finally. She could have been a great slayer."

"She is a great slayer," Willow corrected softly.

Giles nodded, "She has become an excellent fighter. Poetry in motion, to borrow a familiar quote. Together, she and Buffy will do great things here."

"Yeah, they will. Once they get over their differences," Willow said, sighing.

"And you're happy?" he asked, looking into her eyes.

"Very," she smiled, thinking of Spike and the family that she now had.

"Buffy and Xander? They're happy too?" he asked.

"Yes, they are. Haven't you seen them?" she asked.

"Yes, I see them, but I could be wrong in believing them happy. I've been wrong about you children before," he said.

"You were never wrong, Giles," she said. "You've always been our father. Well, more of a father than any of ours ever have been."

"And you've been the children I never had," he replied seriously. He removed his glasses, surprised that their conversation had become so serious. "Willow, if I tell you of my project, you won't tell the others? Not until I'm sure that things will go as planned? I can't let anyone know in case it won't work."

"I'd never tell anyone, except Spike. I can't have secrets from him," she said honestly.

He nodded, "Somehow I doubt Spike would tell. I trust you, Willow. And I really would like another's opinion about this. Help would be appreciated."

"I'm always here for you, Giles. Just tell me what you need," she said.

"I need help," he said, gesturing to the books covering the table with a sigh.

**********

Willow set the book back on the table, her green eyes looking at Giles with seriousness. She sighed as she shut the book, "Are you sure?"

He smiled at her, "You've been asking me that every day for the past two weeks. Trust me, Willow. I've never been more positive about anything in my life."

"But, this...it's a huge decision," she said. "I just want to make sure you that you know what you're doing. There is no going back, no taking it back. If it works, well, you know what it means."

He nodded, "Yes, I do. And I thank you for wanting to be assured of my commitment." He took his glasses off, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He sighed, echoing her earlier one, "Do you understand why I am doing this?"

She smiled softly as she nodded, "Yeah. Because you're Giles."

"Your opinion of me is far greater than it should be," he said wryly.

"You love us, Giles. You care about us and you're looking towards the future. I just can't believe you're thinking about doing this," she admitted. She had told Spike of Giles' idea a few weeks before when she had first been told of it. Her lover had simply nodded, acting as if he had expected it. She knew that Spike tended to see things that the rest of them didn't, but even she didn't believe he could have anticipated Giles' actions.

"I'm past the thinking stages, Willow. I am going to do this," he said with a small smile.

She laughed, "I know. And I'm going to help you."

"Now, since we have found what we have been looking for, why don't we take a break?" he suggested.

"Ice cream?" she said with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

He glanced at his watch, "It would appear that we have at least another hour until dusk. We could fetch some ice cream I suppose."

She laughed, "You suppose? You know that you love that triple chocolate. Hey, I'll call the gang. The human part of the family that is," she added with a smile. "I know Buffy would love to get some ice cream. And Faith has been wanting to try that new Strawberry flavor they have."

"We can't forget Faith, can we?" Giles asked.

"Of course not," Willow rolled her eyes. "My own personal body guard." She laughed, "I had to get Alex to lock her in the bedroom so I could make it out today without her. She seems to think something nasty will get me if I venture out alone anymore. But, I don't think Alex minded helping me out all that much."

Giles had to laugh, "Yes, well, I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't yet locked her in his own bedroom."

"Not yet," Willow said with a smile. "They keep fighting the inevitable. We all know they're going to end up together. They have to know they want each other. Yet, it's still the constant barbs and flirtation."

**********

"What is this meeting about?" Buffy asked.

"How should I know?" Willow asked, avoiding a direct answer to that question.

"Because you've been helping him nearly every day for two weeks," Xander pointed out.

"The moron is right," Alex said with surprise. "Come on, Red. What's the secret?"

"If there was a secret, and I told, it wouldn't be a secret anymore would it?" Willow asked.

Anne laughed as she lay in Billy's arms, "She has you there, Alex."

"Silly girls. Always sticking together," Alex mumbled crossly.

"Awww, poor baby didn't get his way," Faith said with a sly smile. "Time to pout like a wittle bitty baby."

"Stay out of this, slayer," Alex said, spitting out the last word.

"You know, there are books that can help the two of you with these hostility issues," Buffy said with a smug grin at Faith.

"You stay out of this, too, slayer," Alex said, glaring at the blonde. "Damn, this must be some nightmare. I'm fucking surrounded by slayers."

"You wish," Buffy snorted, rolling her eyes as she winked at Xander who had turned bright red.

"Hey, don't bring me into this," Xander said, looking at Anya. "Honey, it was one silly dream that I made the mistake of mentioning to Buffy in an alcohol induced haze."

"We'll discuss this later," Anya said with a slight smile as he continued to apologize. "Xander, it's forgotten. But, I do think you should feel the need to make this up to me."

"Of course, honey," Xander said with a relieved smile.

"Wuss," Spike muttered as he nuzzled Willow's neck.

"Willow, do you have any ideas to what the watcher is planning on saying?" Beth asked the redhead, watching as the girl sighed.

"I might, but I'm not saying anything. Giles called this meeting. He'll tell you what it is about when he gets here."

"Sometimes, you're no fun," Ripper said, sticking his tongue out at the redhead.

"Them's fighting words, old man," Alex said, feeling a need to fight. Faith was still avoiding any attempts that he made to get her into bed or where ever else they could shag. He knew he could go out and find any random girl, but there was something about the slayer that had him caught, hook line and sinker. No other girl compared except his Anne and Willow.

"One shall be leaving us," Delia said softly, looking at Willow with clouded eyes. She slowly smiled as she continued, "but another shall join us. The stars say that it is to be so."

"Those stars of yours are awfully smart," Willow said quietly, smiling at the girl as they heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," Angel volunteered as he got to his feet, leaving Cordelia on the sofa.

"Will, do we want to hear what he is going to say?" Buffy asked softly, capturing her friend's eyes.

Willow smiled wryly, "I wouldn't say you'd want to, but I understand and I think you will too. It's not that bad."

"I'll trust you," Buffy said, moving back against Riley as Angel brought Giles into the room.

**********

"Please, sit down," Spike offered as the watcher came into the room. When Willow had told him of the man's idea, he hadn't been very surprised. He had to wonder what the others would think of it.

"Thank you, Spike," Giles said, sitting in the only empty chair. He looked around, still finding it strange to see so many faces in this house. They all seemed happy though, and that was all that he wanted for his family.

"Would you like something to drink?" Cordelia asked, thinking he looked rather nervous.

"I'm fine," he said, smiling fondly at the ex-cheerleader.

"So, what's this all about?" Alex asked, not one for patience.

"Damn, Alex, give the man a minute to relax," Faith said, making a face as she glared at him.

"Actually, I think I will follow Alex's hint and get down to business," Giles said, watching as the former rogue slayer backed down.

"Are you sure?" Willow asked one final time knowing that after tonight there would be no turning back for him.

"Very," he said with a smile. "Do you have everything?"

"All the supplies are in the dining room," she replied with a smile.

"What supplies?" Buffy asked, glancing at the others to see if any of them understood what was happening.

"Oh, yes, sorry," Giles said, adjusting his glasses as he gathered his thoughts. "The reason you are all here. First, may I say that I have given much thought to this before I ever began to research it or contemplate performing the action. Willow has asked me everyday if I am sure. Know that I am one hundred percent confident that I am making the right decision."

"Why is this starting to worry me?" Xander asked.

"Nothing to worry about," Giles said with a smile. "I believe that you all remember that prophecy? The reason that Anne and her family have come to Sunnydale?"

"Yeah," Buffy nodded. "Group to fight evil blah blah blah. What about it?"

"You've forgotten the magic words, Buffy. Forever," Giles pointed out.

"What are you talking about?" she frowned.

"The wording of the prophecy. It says to fight evil forever or some such ever-lasting reference. Regardless to the exact phrasing, I began to suspect that it indeed did mean immortality," he continued. "I believe we jokingly mentioned something before we were sent back to our universe. Well, upon returning, it began to nag at my mind."

"You think we're all immortal now?" Billy asked, remembering what the watcher was talking about but having forgotten it after their arrival.

"No, I know that we are," Giles said. He saw the surprise on their faces and had to smile, "I've tried to die several times since this realization. Nothing has worked. I'm confident that that was part of the prophecy."

"You tried to kill yourself?" Anya asked, shocked. "Why?"

"Merely to test my theory. Luckily, it proved valid," he explained. "That's why I've called you all here today."

"We're immortal too?" Beth asked, skepticism in her voice.

"Aye, that we are," Spike said with a smile. "Saw me first sunrise in longer than I can remember last week. Did other things in the rays of the sun for the first time too."

"Spike!" Willow squealed, her face flaming.

"You knew?" Buffy asked the redhead. "And you didn't find it a point to mention to us?"

"Giles swore me to secrecy. He wanted to make sure everything in his plan would work before anyone knew," Willow explained.

"Don't blame Willow. She was merely being a good friend," Giles said. "Now, I want you to listen to what I am about to say without interrupting."

"Why are you looking at me?" Buffy asked.

"I'm an old man," Giles said. "I've lived a good life, had good friends, made good memories. Don't look at me like that. I am by no means suicidal. I know that I have several decades of good life left in me. You children, for you, immortality is a chance at living forever, fighting evil and being together. For me, it's a curse. I'm too old to enjoy it. I've live the life that I wanted. I'm happy with that. The knowledge that I can never die, well, it brings nightmares rather than happy dreams. To be stuck here forever, even with you children, is not how I want to face the future."

"You're kidding? You don't want live forever?" Xander asked.

"Good God, no. I do love you children. You've become my family over the years. But, it's not in my nature to have an endless future. It scares me. I cannot, will not, be able to accept that I will never die. To me, it is a part of a cycle that I've followed all my life. A life that is twice that of yours, children. If you were my age, and given this gift, I suspect many of you would be feeling what I am," he continued. "Either way, I am not keeping my immortality."

"What can you do?" Anne asked, understanding what he was speaking about. The humans, they would not make sense of this man. To them, this was a great gift. They did not see that he did not have as a close a bond to them as they felt for him. He was their father, their role model. He did not wish to live an eternity as the wise adult they looked up to for advice. He had lived his life and wished to continue to live it until it was his time to go. She had felt those same thoughts at one time, before she had found her Delia and Bethie and the others. When she had felt alone and knew that being a vampire was a curse and not a blessing. It had taken her nearly sixty years to realize that it could be a blessing if she wished it to be. This man, he had some plan in mind. He did not want to live in misery for sixty years or more before accepting that he was eternal.

"Willow and I have found a spell," he said with an honest smile. "It will allow me to transfer this gift to someone that I believe deserves it far more than I and that will use it in ways far better than I ever could have."

"You're giving it away? Giles, immortality is not a knitted sweater than you can pass to someone else!" Buffy said, hating the idea of not having him with them but knowing in her heart that he wanted this or he never would have brought them there.

"Yes, I'm giving it away. And I agree that it should be cherished and appreciated. In the right person, it means a fighter of evil forever. The last person to complete your circle. The person that I rather think the gift was intended for in the first place," he said, his eyes moving to Faith, "had she made the right decisions back then."

"Wait," Faith spoke for the first time since his bombshell, "you've giving it to me?"

"Yes," he said with a smile. "I've watched you the past months. You're a slayer, Faith. You made mistakes but that is human nature. I believe that you deserve this gift, so I'm giving it to you. Willow has all the supplies needed."

"Tonight?" she squeaked, touched that he wanted to give it to her but scared to death. What if she didn't deserve it? What if there was still some darkness in her soul? What if she took this from him and then let him down again?

"Yes, tonight," Giles said, seeing that the others either accepted his decision with understanding or grudgingly. Either way, he knew in his heart it was the right decision to make. He could not handle living an eternity. He'd go crazy. It was better to give it to someone that could fulfill the prophecy and help them fight evil. "I am ready to live again," he said with a smile.

**********

"I don't feel any different," Faith said skeptically. "I don't think it worked."

"It worked," Willow said confidently. "Giles can tell the difference. You probably won't. I mean, none of us ever really did."

"I still can't believe he did that," Faith said softly, looking out the window as her fingers drew circles on the surface. "I don't deserve that much trust."

"Yes, you do," Willow said, smiling slightly. "Faith, even if you want to deny it, you're one of us now. You and Alex, you're family. Giles saw something in you or he wouldn't have given you something so precious. And when has Giles ever been wrong?"

"There's a first time for everything," Faith said with a small smile as she turned to look at the redhead. "You really think I'm gonna make it?"

"You've got us," Willow reminded. "If you start to slip, we'll have Alex spank you. Oh wait, you might enjoy that," she said with a giggle.

"Willow!" Faith felt her face blushing despite her attempt to remain unaffected. She picked up a pillow and threw it at the teen. "You know that I hate him."

Willow snorted, "Faith, I'm not blind nor am I stupid. You want him and he wants you. Its been weeks and weeks of you two flirting and all that tension can't be good for slaying."

"What are you suggesting, Willow Anne Rosenberg?" Faith asked, still slightly taken aback at the changes in Willow. She liked them all, and believed that Spike had finally brought out the true Willow. It just still surprised her sometimes.

Willow picked up Faith's coat and tossed it to the brunette slayer. She leaned forward, whispering in a completely innocent tone, "After patrol tonight, toss him to the ground and shag his brains out. I don't want either of you back in my house until you're both thoroughly sated. Got it?"

"What am I going to do with you," Faith muttered as she laughed. She slipped on her leather coat and shrugged as she winked at Willow, "We'll see."

**********

Alex dusted himself off as he stood up, glancing over to see Faith balancing a stake on the palm of her hand. Rolling his eyes, he said, "Some help might have been nice."

"Help? From me? Why, I'm just the little old slayer, remember?" she said sweetly tossing his earlier words back at him.

They had been walking around on patrol for nearly an hour without seeing any real threats when he had challenged her slayer status and rashly said he was a better fighter than her. So, when they had stumbled upon a group of five vampires, she had smiled a little smirk that caused his cock to throb and sat down on a tombstone, leaving him to do all the slaying. "Brat."

"Oooh, is that the best you can do?" she taunted. "And here you are, a master vampire several hundred years old....Brat is all you come up with. I'm rather ashamed, Alex."

"You notice that I did stake them all?" he pointed out arrogantly.

"After getting knocked on your ass several times," she added with laughter.

"If you don't quit provoking me, I'm gonna tell Red," he said, watching her face flush slightly. "What?"

"Huh?" Faith mumbled, her mind replaying her earlier conversation with Willow.

"You're blushing! Fucking damn, you're blushing," he said, amused. "What is it, Faithy? What has you all heated up?"

"Shut up," she said crossly, putting the stake in her back pocket and moving from the tombstone.

"Wait a minute," he spoke up, following after her, "where are you going?"

"Home," she said shortly.

"You're leaving me here?" he asked, a bit annoyed. He had just killed five vampires and she wouldn't even talk to him.

"Looks that way, Einstein," she said as she continued walking.

"I met him once. He wasn't all that bright," Alex remarked casually. He sighed when she kept walking, "C'mon Faithy. It's not even midnight yet...I can't go home this early."

"I never said you had to go," she pointed out, stopping to give him a strange look. "I'd think you'd want the time to yourself. That house can get awfully loud."

"It's more fun with you around," he said with a scowl. "Things are pretty damn dull when you're gone."

"Why, Alex, I'd almost think that was a compliment," she said as her eyes ran over his lean and lanky form. It still amazed her how much he looked like Xander. True, Alex was more attractive to her mind. That aura of power and danger mixed with a muscular build and slight smile that could make her juices flow so easily. Xander was still trying to figure out who was, while Alex had the confidence and sizzling sexuality that only came with age.

"Almost?" he raised a brow, watching her face flicker between the arrogance and innocence that still captivated him. His eyes noticed the flash of bare stomach as she moved, her tank top rising as she stretched. Her pants were riding low on her hips providing his mind with several lovely images. He groaned as his cock throbbed, reminding him how much he wanted to simply sink into her and ride her until she passed out in exhaustion.

"You know," Faith said, starting to move towards him, her eyes taking in the obvious erection pushing against his leather pants and the way he had started to look everywhere except at her. He wanted her. She had known that of course. Her own desire for him making her even more aware of his own for her. "I just realized....I can't go home yet."

"Why not?" he asked, studying the ground as he willed his erection to go away.

"Because, Willow said I can't come back into the house until I do something for her," Faith said in a low voice as she stopped directly in front of Alex.

"Willow asked you to do something for her? Well, hell, why didn't you say something before?" he asked. "We'd better get it done."

"That's what I was thinking," Faith said as she slid her coat from her shoulders.

Alex looked up when he heard the material fall and froze at the look in her eyes. He slowly started to smile as he asked, "What exactly did Willow ask you to do?"

Faith took his shirt into her hands and pushed him back. He fell on his ass, in a position similar to the one he had just been in. She moved over him, straddling his stomach and resting her ass just above his erection. She leaned forward, moving her mouth beside his ears as she said, "I have to shag you like crazy until we're both sated."

"Remind me to thank Red," he said before she claimed his lips in a kiss that had been building for months.

**********

"God, please, not in front of me," Spike groaned as he made a gagging noise.

"Shut up, Fang," Faith said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Spike, leave them be," Willow scolded playfully as she snuggled against her lover.

"Yeah, Spikey, leave us alone," Alex taunted, watching the blonde's eyes narrow on him. He laughed as he went back to nuzzling Faith's neck, his tongue tracing his mark on her neck.

"If you kids can stop arguing long enough," Anne said in amusement, "I believe they have the movie ready."

"It is," Cordelia said as she settled back against Angel.

"What did we rent tonight?" Buffy asked from her position on the floor beside Riley.

"Delia picked out Pretty Woman," Beth said as she made a face, "and Ripper and I chose Reservoir Dogs."

"We also selected The Professional and Clueless," William said, reading the titles from the Blockbuster cases.

"Oooh, I love the Professional," Willow said, smiling. "It's such a good film."

"I don't think I've seen it," Spike said, thinking of the title.

"You haven't?" Willow looked at him with surprise. "Well, you will tonight."

"I can luckily say that I haven't seen Clueless or Pretty Woman," Angel remarked dryly.

"Hey now," Cordelia smacked his chest. "I love Clueless."

"Because it describes your life?" Alex asked nicely.

"No, because it reminds her of you," Ripper said, looking pointedly at Faith as he reminded Alex how long it took him to make a move on the pretty slayer.

"I come with food," Xander said as he and Anya came into the room carrying several boxes of pizza. He set them down on the table in the middle of the room as Anya put down the bag containing the sodas.

"These things are heavy. You'd better enjoy them all," she said with a smile.

"Ah, food," Cordelia leaned forward. "That smells heavenly."

"Did you get one with pineapple?" Buffy asked, smiling as Xander handed her a smaller pizza.

"All for you, Buffy," he said with a smile as he continued to pass around the other pizza boxes.

Anya handed out the drinks, even passing out the bags of blood without wrinkling her nose too much. She noticed the TV screen and asked, "What are we watching?"

"Pretty Woman," Delia said with a smile as she took a piece of pizza that Willow handed her.

"Again?" Xander groaned as he took his seat, moving his legs for Anya to sit between. "Isn't this like the fiftieth time?"

"Hush, Delia likes it," Willow scolded him.

"You know, luv," Spike remarked as people started to quite down and the movie started, "I think we might need a vacation. Somewhere quite and private."

"We'd miss this," she pointed out in amusement as she looked at him. "You may deny it, but you would."

"Whatever," he muttered, looking around the room. He started to smile, "Maybe."

"We can think about getting away for the weekend," she said, leaning up and kissing him gently.

"Shhh," Delia said, smiling at them. "It's about to start."

"Sorry," Willow said with a smile as she felt Spike's arms go around her. Resting her head against him, she sighed in contentment.

THE END