Forever Hold Your Peace

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
December twenty-sixth arrived with a whisper, the streets deserted except for a couple of random horses that had either been left untethered during their owners' holiday celebration or had come loose during the night. A fresh snowfall had begun shortly after midnight, covering the streets in a blanket of white. Willow sat by her window, her eyes looking out at the town below her. She hadn't been able to sleep. A few hours were all that she had managed to capture before finally just giving up. Excitement, nervousness, anticipation, happiness and concern had made sleep elusive. So, she had moved her chair beside her window and enjoyed the quiet while lost in thought. She couldn't believe it was finally her wedding day. She'd had a knot in her stomach since waking up. She wasn't really frightened, though she had expected a bit of fear. Instead, she was merely excited.

She was unsure of the time, knowing only that it was still dark outside. She rested her forehead against the window, the cold of the night air chilling her slightly. She wondered if New Orleans would be as cold as Harrington. Somehow she doubted it. In a way, she would miss the snow. She had not been lying when she had told William that winter was her favorite time. She snuggled against her blanket, tucking the material under her feet as she imagined what the differences would be between her home and her birthplace. She was trying not to dwell on her imaginings, knowing that reality never turned out the same anyway. Besides, her thoughts too often now centered on William and Angelus rather than the city itself.

In less than a day, she was going to become a woman. The thought brought more nervous twitches along with an ache that she couldn't quite understand. Too often her mind had teased her with the thoughts of their hands on her, with their mouths on her. She closed her eyes, her face blushing just from the nature of her thoughts. She could not dwell on such things, not yet. She knew that all women thought these things, according to Faith that was. Sometimes Willow wasn't exactly sure when to trust her friend. Concerning this matter, she had to believe its truth. She just felt a bit strange thinking of things that she had not experienced. She knew William and Angelus had similar thoughts. She would sometimes look up and see them watching her, their eyes giving her no doubts to their thoughts. It excited her, to know that they wanted her, that they thought of her as a woman.

Willow's eyes opened when she heard the sound of a stage arriving. Surprised, she looked into the darkness, not able to see clearly. She narrowed her eyes, trying to make out details of the arrival. She frowned, seeing a soft light from below as the door to the hotel was opened. Sighing, she realized that it must have been a holiday traveler, probably caught in the weather. She turned her head, giving it no more thought as her eyes caught sight of her ceremony dresses. A soft smile crossed her face as she looked at them, contrasting them both. Her wedding dress, a beautiful and fashionable concoction of off white. It had been taken in to fit her slighter, more petite frame. She honestly thought she looked very attractive, the color making her hair appear vibrant and more red than normal. It was a little tight across the chest, her breasts barely concealed with the rather low cut. The skirt fell straight from the waist, to her feet to gently brush across the floor. The sleeves fell off of her shoulders, making it a bit more revealing than she thought proper. Her friends had insisted that it was beautiful and entirely the perfect dress for her to be married wearing. She knew it was silly of her to be worried about propriety, especially considering the circumstances of her marriage and bonding. But, it was easier said than done. Even after being raised with the brothel, she was innocent in so many things. She had endured much teasing from the others, but was rather used to it by now. And maybe, after her honeymoon, she would not be quite so innocent.

The other dress still caught her attention and made her pause. Red silk that was heavenly to touch. Feather soft across her skin the time that she had tried it on. It made her body feel things that surprised her yet fascinated her. Never before had clothing made her feel so wanton. She had tried on the scandalous red dress only once, her face flaming through much of the ordeal. She had been intelligent enough not to have others present, knowing that it would take courage for her to wear that in front of others. And still she was uncertain if she would be brave enough to face William and Angelus wearing only that brief bit of silk. Thinking of them, knowing that it was needed for the bonding to occur, she knew that she would find the courage. After today, Angelus and William would finally be hers.

She smiled at that rather possessive thought, wondering when she had become so forthright. There was something about the Devlins that changed her. She liked it, liked who she had become over the last six months. She was uncertain if the changes would have happened even if she had not met them, but she doubted it. She tended to think of a future of spinster hood, of never realizing what love felt like, of existing with merely her friends for company, of never being loved. It was bleak, at best, and made her even more appreciative of her life. She had a wonderful father, a soon to be stepmother that was one of her dearest friends, a sibling on the way, dear friends that gave her much happiness and two men that made her feel more special than she ever imagined. It was not perfect, of course, at least to the normal eye. To her, it was far beyond perfect. She turned her head, looking back outside, noticing that the horses had either gone back to the stables or had found somewhere to spend the remainder of the night. The stagecoach was gone too, she saw. She fought a yawn, almost smiling as she realized that all of her thinking had made her tired.

Standing up, she moved the chair away from the window, letting the curtain fall. She assumed that close to dawn, Drusilla would sneak into her room as the dark haired vampire tended to do nightly. If so, Willow had no intention of letting a stray ray of sun catch her friend by surprise. When she was certain that it was secure, she moved towards her bed. She was still holding the blanket around her, her bare feet touching the cool floor as she moved in the dark. She knew the path by memory, not needing any candlelight to guide her. She paused, wondering how long it would take her to learn the path in her new room, once she married William and moved in with him and Angelus. Somehow, she doubted it would take very long. They were going to use Angelus' room, the largest of the five rooms upstairs, after returning from New Orleans. She laid on her bed, moving underneath the blankets as she began to feel her feet warm up. Her head rested on her pillow, her eyes slowly falling shut as she fell asleep.

********************

The morning of her wedding dawned with clear skies. Willow wiped the frost from the window, looking outside at the fresh snowfall and smiled. It wasn't snowing. The sun was starting to rise in the East and she knew it was going to be a beautiful day. She turned away from her window, a feeling of anticipation and excitement washing over her. It was her wedding day. By the end of that day, she would have changed her name and become a wife. It still seemed so unreal, almost like a dream. With a large smile, she walked towards her dresser. She washed her face, the water cold from having set out all night. She looked in the mirror and almost did not recognize herself. Bright green eyes that were shining with happiness, a smile that didn't seem to want to fade, a slight flush to her cheeks caused by either the excitement of the day or by the cool water on her heated skin.

She got dressed in a hurry, pulling on her favorite breeches and a shirt that she had taken from William's closet. She breathed in the scent of the fabric, his scent lingering on the material. Strange fluttering happened in her tummy as she closed her eyes, simply enjoying the smell that reminded her of her love. Shaking her head, she opened her eyes and moved to sit on her bed. She pulled on her shoes then pulled her hair back and fastened it. Once she was sure that she was ready, she opened her door and entered the hallway. She was careful to keep her face shielded from both Angelus and William's doors, not wanting to risk them looking outside and seeing her face. She wanted everything to be perfect this day, and, although she wasn't entirely superstitious, she did not want to take any chances of jinxing their union. She hurried down the stairs, the smile still on her face as she entered the lobby of the Rose.

"Someone is up early," Cordelia teased as she shut the ledger in front of her.

"I couldn't sleep," Willow admitted sheepishly.

"I am rather surprised that I haven't seen you sooner," Cordelia said, moving to hug her friend. "Are you nervous?"

"A bit," Willow said, chewing on her bottom lip. "But I'm also excited and a bit scared."

"They love you," Cordelia said with a soft smile. "There's no reason to be scared. Tonight, you're going to become Mrs. Willow Devlin. Oh my, you won't be Rosen anymore."

Willow smiled, "See? Scary."

"Stop that," Cordelia scolded, "do you need any help?"

Willow shook her head, "It's too early to really be concerned. I just couldn't stay in my room any longer. Do you need any help? Last night, I heard a stagecoach arrive."

Cordelia nodded, "We had three arrivals last night actually. Giles checked in two of them and Graham checked in the other."

"I only heard the one," Willow mused.

"I believe that the other two arrived via the train," Cordelia said then shrugged, "I'm not sure. One of them has already been down and left. The other is a man and a woman whose address is listed as Charleston. And a man that lists his address as New York. I'm sure they were traveling over the holidays and had to stop due to the weather."

"I don't understand why anyone would not want to be home for the holidays," Willow said, shaking her head. "I am so happy that William and Angelus decided to postpone the wedding until after Christmas."

"It wouldn't have been the same without you here," Cordelia confessed, her eyes taking on a faraway look. "You realize that this will be the first time that we'll have been separated for more than a week since we met."

"This will be the first time that I've ever been away from home for longer than a week," Willow said softly, her eyes looking at the familiarity of the hotel. "And the first time I'll have ever gone without Dad."

"Is it strange?" Cordelia asked, honestly curious. Seeing Willow's questioning look, she added, "To know that your entire life will be changing tonight. I mean, you're becoming a wife. You won't be the same girl when you get from your honeymoon. No, let me explain. I understand that you won't be changing really, but you will in so many ways. You'll have a husband to think about now. You'll have Angelus and Drusilla to consider. There will be no more sleepovers for us. I am going to miss you."

"Cordelia, I'm not dying. I'm just getting married," Willow said, sniffling as she saw how sad her best friend was. "William and Angelus love it here, at the Rose. They aren't going to take me away from you or my home. True, I will have a husband when I return, but I won't have changed all that much. If anything, I changed more when I first met them than I shall by marrying William."

"I know, it just frightens me," Cordelia said in a small voice. "I've always had you there when I needed you. You're my best friend, Willow! What shall I do if I need to confess a secret or to discuss my life with you away in New Orleans? And when you return, well, I doubt William would appreciate me interrupting your evenings with him to discuss my silly problems."

"Now it is my turn to say stop that," Willow said with a smile. "I will always be here for you, Delia. Marrying will not change that. All of you are acting as though I'm turning into a different person. I'll be the same Willow that I have always been. I'll just have a different last name. Now, I do not want to hear any more doubts about us being friends just because I am marrying before all of you. Do you understand?"

Cordelia smiled, "I understand. Just remember that if William starts growling when I come to talk to with you upon your return." "I shall," Willow said, hugging her friend. "Now you've gone and made me cry on my wedding day."

"I'm sorry," Cordelia said, smiling as she wiped her face. "I was just so scared that I might be losing you."

"Never going to happen," Willow replied with a large smile. "Just for that, I believe you owe me breakfast this morning."

"I see you haven't lost your appetite in the excitement," Cordelia said, laughing.

Willow turned serious for a moment as she asked, "Do the others feel that way too? That I will forget them all just because I will be married?"

Cordelia sighed, running a hand through her loose hair, "I'm not sure. They might. They've honestly never mentioned anything. Of course, Faith tends to discuss such things with Giles and Buffy had turned Wesley into her confidante so they would probably know more than I."

"I think I shall ask them to have breakfast with us just in case," Willow decided. "I'd hate for them to be worried about losing my friendship when I gain a husband."

"I was being too dramatic," Cordelia decided. "I knew in my heart that I would never lose you, I was just a bit scared."

"I'm glad you mentioned something," Willow said, smiling. "I hate the idea of being the reason you are scared about anything."

"I was foolish and knew better," Cordelia said. "We shall forget it ever happened. What were you saying about breakfast?"

********************

"Good morning, Daddy."

Rupert Giles looked up from his book as he heard the soft voice of his daughter. A smile crossed his face as he looked at her, thinking how lucky he was to have had her in his life. "Morning, honey."

"Are you busy?" she asked, seeing that he had been reading.

"Never too busy for you," he said, closing the book and motioning her into his office. "You're up early."

"I couldn't sleep," she said, grinning sheepishly. "Is it normal to be this excited on ones wedding day?"

"I'm sure that it is," he said with a small smile as she sat down.

"You'll let me know when you marry Faith," she said with a large smile. "So you got me a mother for Christmas?"

He laughed, "I guess you could think of it that way."

"Are you happy, Daddy?" she asked, having noticed the past couple of weeks an almost haunted look in his eyes. She had been worried about him, but, whenever they spoke, he seemed fine.

"I love Faith," he said honestly. "I'm proud that she has consented to be my wife. I'm going to be a father again. Yes, I'm happy."

"You're a wonderful father. That little boy or girl is going to be very lucky," Willow said with a soft smile. "After all, look how well I turned out."

"Now it's my turn to ask, though I know the answer, are you happy?"

"Dreadfully happy," she said with a large smile. "I'm marrying a man that I love more than I imagined possible."

"You're also performing some ancient ceremony that binds you to his kind for eternity," he reminded softly. "Does that frighten you at all?"

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't," she answered after thinking about it. "I trust them, Daddy. They'd never hurt me. I'm scared, but I'm not."

"They're good men," he said, nodding. "They'll take care of you. I'm relieved in a way to know that they'll always be there for you. I worried a lot about what would happen to you if I died. These times aren't good for women."

"You've always taught me to take care of myself," she reminded, chewing on her lip as he spoke of his worries. "I'd have survived."

"But at what cost?" he asked softly, shaking his head. "That's neither here nor there anymore. You're marrying William this evening. The Devlins will look out for you."

"To be such a happy day, everyone around me is so melancholy," she said, smiling as felt tears in her eyes. "Cordelia was worried that she was losing my friendship because I was marrying. You've managed to make me cry now too."

"Oh, honey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you," he apologized, feeling awful at his behavior.

"It wasn't anything you said, Daddy," she explained, wiping her eyes. "I just realized how lucky I've been to have you as a father. I love you so much."

"As I love you," he said, smiling. "I've tried to be a good father, but I'm aware that I've made mistakes. I hope that you can forgive me for them when the time comes."

"No mistakes," she said, shaking her head. "And I could forgive you anything."

"Could you?" he asked softly, his eyes looking away from her happy face.

"Willow, about New Orleans...."

"Can you believe that they're taking me there?" she asked, smiling. "I've always wanted to visit my birthplace. And I get to take a boat."

"Yes, and a train," he said quietly, fighting the fear that tugged at his heart as he saw how happy she was at the idea of going to New Orleans.

"Promise me that you're going to be careful. New Orleans was a dangerous place when I lived there before, and that was years ago. It must be worse now."

"Is that why you're worried?" she asked, knowing from the look in his eyes that something was bothering him. "You think I might not return?"

"I fear it," he whispered softly.

"I'll be home before you realize that I've even been gone," she promised. "And I'll bring back gifts for the baby and for everyone."

"Promise me that you'll be careful," he asked again.

"I promise," she said, watching as he nodded, a smile crossing his face.

"Good. Did you realize that half the town is planning on attending your wedding tonight?" Giles asked.

"Really?" she looked at him in surprise. "I assumed it would just be the family."

"Willow, most of this town has watched you grow up. To them, you are family," Giles reminded.

"I know. I just didn't think any of them would want to attend," Willow said, laughing softly.

"I've had inquiries concerning the wedding every night it seems," Giles said with a smile. "I was even asked by Willa Monroe why it wasn't taking place in the church the other day when I went to the bank. Needless to say, I did not explain your fiancé's aversion to crosses and such, making up some excuse or another that she seemed to accept. She did say that she would be in attendance at the Rose."

"Misses Monroe is going to enter the saloon?" Willow asked, wide eyed. Willa

Monroe was an elderly widow in town whose husband had been shot at one of the saloons on the other end of town. Willa was one of those moralistic church-going ladies who tended to avoid the saloons as if they were plagued with demons. Little did she know about the Devlins, Willow thought with a smile.

Willa had also been Willow's teacher from 1860-1862. To this day, the two women were friendly despite their opinions of what was and was not proper.

"One of many people in this town that love you and want to see married on this happy day, honey," Giles said.

"Well, wonders never cease," Willow said, shaking her head and smiling. "Anyway, I came to see if you were hungry? The girls are getting dressed and we plan on having breakfast if you're interested."

"I'd love to," he said, getting to his feet and offering his arm. She took it, leaning her head against his shoulder as they walked towards the saloon.

********************

William opened his eyes, his hand covering his yawn as he stretched on the bed. He glanced at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was only a few minutes after noon. His blue eyes moved to the window, glaring at the sun that was concealed behind the heavy curtains. A smile soon replaced the frown as he remembered that today was his wedding day. In roughly seven hours, Willow would belong to him. He looked at the ceiling, not believing that the day had finally arrived.

"What are you smiling at, as if I didn't know," Angelus said from beside him.

William glanced at his sire, the smile widening, "Tonight's the night, sire. She'll belong to us."

"About damn time," Angelus grumbled, glancing at the clock. "William, it's not even one."

"Go back to sleep and quit your griping," William said, "I can't sleep anymore."

Angelus laughed as he sat up in the bed, "As if I could sleep with you fidgeting around beside me."

"I wonder what Willow is doing," William found himself saying as he sat up, placing his pillow behind his back. "Is she excited or nervous? Scared or happy?"

"William, she's marrying you," Angelus said, laughing softly. "After that, she's becoming a member of our family. I'm sure she's feeling all sorts of different emotions at the moment. She will be there, though. You don't have to worry."

"I'm not worried," William said before smiling sheepishly. "OK, so maybe I have a slight fear that she woke up and realized she was about to become permanently attached to a vampire and might have run away. In my heart, I know she belongs to me already."

"Fear is normal," Angelus said. "I would assume she is having her own fears. Tonight, she'll be changing her life forever. Most humans think forever and see an end. She's never going to have that end, William. That, alone, must be a bit frightening. I never had a chance to think about it myself. Darla wanted me and she got me. You and Drusilla were the same way. We never had a chance to think about it. Willow has had months to consider what it all means."

"I honestly don't think she understands it all," William confessed, smiling wryly. "Is it wrong of me to be glad that she accepts what she doesn't comprehend?"

"I think you underestimate her, m'boy," Angelus said with a smile. "She would not have agreed to be in our lives if she felt any reservations. She knows what it means."

"She knows that she loves us, Angelus," William clarified. "To her, that's enough."

"Listen to your own words, William," Angelus said. "To her, it's enough. Quit worrying about things that cannot be controlled. Tonight, she will marry you and become one of our family. She made her choice as we made ours. Quit acting like such a nervous groom. Positively human."

"Take that back," William said, smiling as his hand moved underneath the covers. He wrapped his fingers around his sire's length, squeezing gently.

"Pathetically human," Angelus said, amusement in his eyes as he groaned at his childe's touch.

"Sire," William warned, his thumb brushing over the wet head of Angelus' cock.

"William, quit teasing," Angelus growled, his eyes narrowing and flashing yellow.

"Tonight, she'll be ours," William said, smiling a large smile, forgetting his worries and nervousness as happiness filled him.

"Soon," Angelus agreed, arching up against his childe's hand. His eyes closed as he felt William's wet mouth on him, his fingers moving to the shocking blonde hair of his childe. Thinking of the evening that was planned, he smiled, whispering again, "Soon."

********************

Buffy smiled at her friend as she watched the redhead glance at the clock, "Willow, it has only been a minute since you last looked."

Willow felt her cheeks flush under her friend's amused gaze, "I don't know what you're speaking of, Buffy."

Faith snorted, "Hun, we've been watching you watch the clock for an hour now. If you keep stealing glances at it, time will never pass."

"Have I been that obvious?" Willow asked, smiling sheepishly.

Anya laughed, "You're excited. We understand."

"I am," Willow agreed, smiling what she knew had to be the biggest smile of her life, "so very excited. I fear the dusk will never arrive."

"You do not have many more hours," Cordelia reminded. "And there is still so much to be done."

Faith nodded, "Xander and Graham are making sure the food and drinks are ready. If anything goes wrong, we can place the blame on them."

Anya made a face, "Should one of us check on them? I would so hate for the guests to be forced into drinking whiskey and eating bread."

Willow laughed, "Let them be. I trust them both. Xander assured me that Susan is baking a lovely cake for tonight, and Graham is making some sort of punch that he read about in some New York newspaper."

"Now that does frighten me," Cordelia said, laughing as she imagined Graham in the kitchen.

"Some of the boys are coming in around five to help move the tables and chairs," Faith said, smiling. "We have decided to arrange everything to face the stage."

Willow sighed, making a face, "I still am unsure about taking my vows on stage. Everyone will be watching me. It's a bit worrisome. What if I fall going up?"

"William will catch you," Buffy said with a dreamy smile and soft sigh. "He'd never allow anything to hurt you, not even your own clumsiness."

"And your father is walking you up. Giles will be very careful with you," Anya said, reassuring the redhead.

"I wish we had more decorations or something," Faith said, looking around the saloon. "Paper flowers look pretty but do not have as fragrant a scent as the real ones do."

"It's lovely," Willow said, smiling as she looked around. When she had entered the saloon that morning, she had been startled to see the brightly colored flowers everywhere. It seemed that her friends had gotten some colors paper and cloth from Mabel at the store and created the flowers that the winter wedding prevented her from having. In her opinion, it was wonderful to know that they loved her enough to spend that time working on the flowers and it made the room even more dear to her.

"I want everything to be perfect for you," Faith said, looking into her friend's green eyes. "This will be your only wedding, Willow. It should be exactly as you want it."

"Faith, as long as all of you are here, it will be," Willow said, smiling.

"I fear that I may cry and the ceremony hasn't even begun yet," Buffy said, sniffling softly.

"I don't cry," Anya said, smiling at the emotional blonde, "but even I feel a bit weepy."

"It is just a wedding!" Willow said, glaring at them. "You should be smiling and happy."

"Our little girl is all grown up," Faith said, shaking her head and smiling softly. "I never thought I'd see the day."

"I was beginning to fear that we never *would* see the day!" Buffy said, laughing despite the tears in her eyes.

"Our Willow was smart," Anya said, winking at the redhead. "She was waiting for the perfect man, or men in her case. It had to be fate that brought the Devlins here, into her life and arms."

"And, after tonight, into her bed," Faith said, laughing as Willow's face turned bright red. She picked up her glass of water and cleared her throat, "I propose a toast."

The others girls picked up their glasses as Willow put her hand over her face, wondering what on Earth Faith would propose as a toast.

"To our Willow," Faith said simply, the love and friendship evident in her eyes as she looked at the redhead. The others girls echoed the sentiment, clinking glasses as Willow smiled softly at them.

********************

Wesley stood outside the door, glancing at his pocket watch before looking at the closed door. It was after two. Surely they would be awake by now. He hesitated, not at all convinced. With a sigh, he knocked four times, waiting until he heard Angelus bark at him to enter. He opened the door, entering the room and shutting it behind him. He quickly evaluated the room, seeing that Angelus and William were still laying in bed. Luckily, they were both wearing their breeches.

"Wesley," Angelus greeted, shutting his book as he gave his full attention to the solicitor.

"I don't suppose it's dark out?" William asked, blue eyes looking at the human in hope. "Clouds concealing the damn sun?"

"Sorry, sir," Wesley said, fighting a smile at the pout that crossed the newly blonde's handsome face. "It is the first clear and sunny day this week."

"My luck," William grumbled before brightening, "of course, it is a good omen for a wedding to take place on a nice day."

"Now he is speaking of omens and good luck," Angelus said, laughing as he shook his head. "He has been chattering away all afternoon about the wedding. You'd think he was the bride."

"I do not chatter," William said, glaring at his sire. He heard a snicker and his eyes swung to Wesley. He snarled, "Why are you here again?"

Wesley handed over the papers, "To give you the final arrangements for your honeymoon. And also to ensure that there is nothing else that you need from me before the ceremony this evening."

"Everything has been arranged?" Angelus asked, looking over the papers Wesley handed him.

Wesley nodded, "The room has been prepared. I was able to attain everything necessary, though the book only arrived yesterday. I was a bit fearful that it would not."

"Is Faith still insisting on attending?" William asked as he laid on the bed on his stomach, resting his chin on his hands, his blue eyes studying Wesley lazily.

"Yes, though the others have abided by Willow's wishes for them not to attend," Wesley said, looking at the floor as he remembered his conversation with Buffy not two days prior. The girl had made him swear to attend and keep a protective eye on Willow since she would not be allowed to do so herself.

Angelus smiled, "I doubted that Faith would be swayed away from ensuring Willow's safety. She may be young, but her maternal instinct with these girls runs deep. You will attend also, of course."

Wesley nodded, "It has been arranged."

"Have you seen Willow?" William asked, his priorities in line. He couldn't care less about the details of the ceremony or even the honeymoon. He wanted to make Willow his and then only allow her to leave his bed to use the bathroom. He'd even make sure she ate her meals under the covers and in his arms. He smiled at that thought, wondering how she'd enjoy that idea.

"Not yet," Wesley said, smiling at the obvious devotion in the vampire's eyes. He would not have believed that there would be a day that William would be laying there and smiling such a besotted smile over a little slip of a human. "Though I did hear her and the girls when I walked past the saloon."

"Did she sound happy?" William demanded.

"She was laughing," Wesley assured him, rolling his eyes.

William smiled as he looked back at Angelus, "She was laughing."

Angelus laughed, "Pathetic, William," he slapped his hand against William's butt as the blonde growled at him, "don't growl at me, boy. You might be pathetic and completely under her spell, but it's cute."

"Cute?" William repeated, scowling. "I'm an evil vampire. I should not be *cute*. Children and puppies are cute."

"If it gives you any comfort, I'm nearly as enamored of her as you," Angelus said, smiling before looking at Wesley who was watching in amusement. "We leave tomorrow evening for St. Louis?"

Wesley nodded, "Yes. The train will take you to St. Louis. There, you will board the Mississippi Queen which will take you to New Orleans. I arranged for two suites for the four of you. They are connecting of course. Upon arriving in New Orleans, you will be staying in one suite at the Belefort Hotel in the Quarter. From my conversations with the hotel manager, everything should be arranged by your arrival. The reservation begins today and runs indefinitely. I was told that the suite has a balcony overlooking a private garden and consists of two rooms, a kitchen, a parlor and a living area. I trust that will be sufficient for your stay."

"Do they have a very large bed?" William asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I did not ask but I assume that they do," Wesley answered.

"Good," Angelus nodded, handing the papers back. "It would appear that everything has been taken care of. Excellent job, as always, Wesley."

"Thank you, sir," Wesley smiled at the praise from his employer.

"If you would do us a personal favor now, Wesley?" Angelus began.

"Of course, Angelus," Wesley said.

Angelus smiled sheepishly as he said, "Go down and look in on Willow. Make sure she is comfortable and not fearful of this evening."

Wesley smiled as he walked towards the door, "Of course. I'll speak to her and then come back and assure you both, yet again, that she is excited and eager for dusk to arrive."

"Brat," William cursed as Wesley laughed and left the room.

********************

"You look beautiful," Willow said as Buffy entered her room.

Buffy looked down at her pale purple dress and smiled before looking back at Willow, "And you look half dressed."

Willow laughed as she smiled wryly, "I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to wear."

Faith entered the room behind Buffy, her dark eyes surveying the scattering of undergarments and stockings and dresses before settling on Willow who was still wearing William's shirt and nothing else. "Willow, love, I think you look beautiful in anything but even I think that William's shirt is a bit improper to wear for a wedding."

"Oh you, hush," Willow said, tossing an undershirt at her friend.

"Is she making threats?" Anya asked, stepping into the chaotic room. She laughed as she looked around, her hands smoothing out her blue dress before she picked up the thrown shirt. "Willow, you wear this. You don't throw it."

"If all you are going to do is amuse yourselves at my expense, feel free to leave," Willow said, scowling at them.

Cordelia looked up from her chair and smiled at the others, "She has been like this for nearly half an hour. The closer it gets to dusk, the more annoying she is becoming."

Faith sat on the bed, pushing the strap of her red dress back up on her shoulder. "Willow, we came to help. What do you need us to do?"

"I have my dress," Willow said, pointing to the pretty off white dress she was wearing for the wedding. "What else do I need?"

"Absolutely nothing," Faith said, smiling.

"Faith!" Willow cried out, running her hand through her wet hair, "You are not helping."

"You must have stockings," Buffy said, moving to find two stockings that matched. "Willow, did you have to throw everything to the floor?"

"I couldn't find what I was searching for," Willow said defensively. She felt foolish. She had bathed and then gone to her room to get dressed, only to find herself falling apart. She had unpacked her luggage for the honeymoon, tossing the contents all over her room. Now, she was still wearing William's shirt and was no closer to being ready for the wedding.

"I will repack your luggage," Anya said, seeing the two leather bags laying open by the bed. "Buffy, you and Faith try to find what you need."

"I will begin working on your hair," Cordelia said, standing and picking up a brush. She was also wearing blue, though her dress was a dark shade than Anya's. She took Willow's hand and set the girl in the chair, the brush moving through the redhead's thick hair.

"She will need stockings and underwear," Faith said, looking at the wedding dress with narrow eyes. "The sleeves fall off of her shoulders. She cannot have straps showing."

Buffy nodded as she looked at the undergarment in her hands, "The straps are thick and cannot be concealed. I shall run to my room. I have something that might work."

"Buffy," Willow said, rolling her eyes as she glanced down and then looked pointedly at Buffy's ample chest, "I could not possibly fit my bosoms in one of your lace contraptions."

Buffy smiled, "The contraption, as you call it, that I was thinking of is a bit too small for me. I ordered it from Paris last year and have never been able to fit into it. It might be a perfect fit for you."

"Go get it," Faith told Buffy as the girl left the room. She cried out a triumphant, "Ah ha," when she finally found the other stocking she had been searching for. She handed them to Willow, "Put these on, Hun. Buffy will fetch the underwear and then we can get you into the dress."

"How shall we have her hair?" Cordelia asked, twisting the red locks in several different ways.

"The neckline of the dress is low, isn't it Willow?" Faith asked.

"Very low," Willow mumbled, hoping that Buffy's French underwear would fit her. She knew she would be naked under the bonding dress except for her stockings. She did not wish to be married in front of her friends and family also nude underneath her dress. Even if her breasts were too small to fill the top, she would wear it regardless.

"I think it should be down," Faith decided. "Curling over her shoulders and down her back."

"That's what I had decided," Cordelia said, smiling. "A bit informal, just like Willow."

"Of course, she will need something else won't she?" Faith said, moving to retrieve something from Anya who was smiling. She looked back at Willow who was watching with curiosity.

"Here it is," Buffy said, entering the room and holding her chest. She had run all the way to her room and back, knowing there was not a lot of time.

"Oh my!" Willow said, looking at the scraps of silk that Buffy held. "Thankfully, they will be worn under my dress."

Buffy laughed as she looked at Faith, "Did I miss it?"

"We were waiting for you," Faith said before handing Willow a small box. "Happy wedding, Willow."

"You shouldn't have bought me something!" Willow protested before she smiled, "I love you guys."

"Quit being so emotional," Anya said, shutting one of the suitcases. "And open the gift!"

Willow untied the string and opened the box, gasping as she saw the beautiful combs nestled on white paper. "They're beautiful."

"They're for your hair," Buffy said, sitting. "Silver to match your necklace and ring."

"They're for good luck," Cordelia said, kissing Willow's cheek. "Every time that you wear them, you can think of us and how dear you are."

"No tears," Faith warned with a smile. "You need to get dressed, Willow. It's already six. The men are moving the tables and chairs as we speak, getting things organized for the wedding."

"Graham's punch is actually very nice," Cordelia said, blushing slightly as she admitted to having gone and checked on him.

Anya laughed, "And the cakes that Susan made are heavenly. There shall be good food after the ceremony."

"When I walked past William's door, I heard pacing and sighing," Buffy said, laughing. "I would guess that he is as eager for dusk as you are."

"Probably more so," Faith said, laughing. "The poor boy has been stuck in his room all day."

"He can stay there a bit longer," Cordelia said smiling, "after tonight, he gets Willow forever. We can have her for this last hour."

"Enough talking," Buffy said, "Willow, try on the underwear so we can finish getting you dressed."

Willow smiled as she stood, taking the garments from Buffy. "Do you realize that, in a little more than an hour, I will be marrying William?"

"And we thought she was the smart one," Cordelia said dryly before laughing as Willow glared at her.

********************

William looked down at himself, scowling, "I wish I could look in a mirror."

"You look handsome," Drusilla said with a smile as she looked at her brother.

"Don't tell him that," Angelus groaned, rolling his eyes. "He's arrogant enough without knowing how good looking he is."

"Quite the funny man, aren't you?" William said, his eyes moving over his sire. Angelus was wearing black pants and a white shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. A black coat lay on the chair waiting for them to leave. "You look rather nice, sire."

"Rather nice?" Angelus repeated, arching a brow. "Is that the best you can do?"

William smiled slightly, "You know that I prefer you without any clothes. What can I say? Rather nice is as good as it gets."

"Boy," Angelus growled playfully, his dark eyes sweeping over William. The blonde was wearing a similar outfit, only he was also wearing a vest over his shirt. The vest was dark blue and did wonderful things to his eyes, as he well knew. Angelus moved to his feet suddenly, deciding that he was probably a bit too casual. He went to his closet and found a vest for himself. Sliding it on, he unrolled his sleeves and fastened the buttons around his wrists. "Well?"

"More appropriate for a best man," William said, loving to watch his sire walk in the tight black trousers.

"Foolish boys," Drusilla said, laughing from her chair. "Willow-mine will not care what you are wearing, or not wearing."

"We must look respectful, Drusilla," Angelus reminded with a smile. "According to Giles, most of the town will be present for the wedding. We cannot have them believing that Willow is marrying into a family of slovenly loafers, can we?"

"Besides, you look stunning, Dru," William said, winking at his sister. She was wearing one of her newest dresses, a simple pretty thing that was tight under her breasts and then fell straight down to her ankles. According to her, it was the latest fashion. He wasn't sure what color the material was, but it was lighter than most of Dru's dresses, a pale shading of orange. With her coloring, it was beautiful.

Drusilla smiled, "Thank you, William. I fear that it shall be ruined after the bonding this evening, but it is such a lovely shade that I could not resist."

Angelus smiled, "Why don't you change after the ceremony as Willow changes? Then you will not ruin the dress."

"No," Drusilla shook her head, "I shall be getting Willow prepared for the bonding. It is just a dress that can be replaced easily. I need to be there for her more than I need to protect it. Besides, I have had my designer keep the shade for future use."

"Always thinking ahead, sis," William said, smiling. Glancing at the window, he asked for the hundredth time, "Is it dusk yet?"

For the first time that day, Angelus smiled and nodded, "Yes, it is dusk."

William laughed, picking up his coat, "It's finally time."

********************

Willow pulled at her dress, a smile on her face. Buffy's fancy underwear had fit, though the top was still a bit loose for Willow. She kept fidgeting with them through her dress. She knew it was a nervous habit instead of really needing to adjust them. She moved to her window, green eyes looking outside and seeing the pink and orange shading in the West as the sun faded from view. The moon was high in the eastern sky, a half moon for her wedding. It almost appeared to be a horseshoe so she was taking that as yet another sign of good luck.

Her friends had left her not ten minutes before. They had fixed her hair and dusted a light powder over her face before going downstairs to wait. She had heard the door across the hall open and had heard the voices of her future husband and family as they had gone downstairs shortly after her friends. She was so nervous, she realized with a small laugh. It seemed that this day had taken an eternity to arrive, yet she had not been nervous until now. She went to sit and look in her mirror, a smile crossing her face as she saw the silver combs in her hair. The red hair had dried in long, loopy curls that fell midway down her back. With Cordelia's help, a few strands hung over her shoulders, gently touching the tops of her breasts. The dress was still rather revealing but she no longer cared. She was going to be married soon.

After the wedding ceremony, it had been decided that there would be a party for her guests. Food had been prepared as well as drink. There would be music and songs as everyone celebrated. William had told her that they would not need to leave until at least ten, if not later. At that hour, she would sneak away and head to her room to prepare for the bonding. She was to be at Angelus' room by half past eleven, prepared for the bonding ceremony to begin. Drusilla had mentioned helping her dress and get ready. Willow was glad that she would have someone with her. She was more worried about that ceremony than she even wanted to admit to herself. She knew as it got closer and closer to time, she would be feeling scared and uncertain. With Drusilla there, she would have someone to help take her mind off what lay before her.

She started when she heard the soft knock. She had been lost in thought, she realized sheepishly. Standing, she moved to open the door. With a smile, she greeted, "Daddy."

"Willow," he said, his eyes moving over her, "you look beautiful."

"Really?" she smiled, chewing on her lip as she touched the dress.

"Your mother would be so proud of you," he whispered, watching her smile. "William is a very lucky man."

"Yes, he is," she agreed with a laugh. She had to ask, "Have you seen him?"

"Yes, downstairs. He is quite excited and seems to be testing Angelus' patience. From what I can gather, he has been awake for hours constantly asking the time and driving his sire insane with chatter."

She laughed, easily being able to imagine that picture, "Poor Angelus. Is it very crowded?"

Again, he nodded, "Yes. People are standing. There were not enough chairs, I'm afraid. Thankfully, Xander and Graham seemed to anticipate this situation and have enough food and drink for twice as many."

"And Garrison Polk is here?" she asked, naming the justice of the peace that was performing the ceremony.

"Arrived nearly a half hour ago," Giles answered, smiling. "Willow, don't worry. It's all set up. Everything is in place. When I left, William and Angelus were getting ready to take their positions on stage. Graham is at the piano waiting for the cue. The only thing they are waiting on is you."

"Oh," she said, smiling. "It seems unreal. I can't believe that I am about to be married."

"It is very much real, honey," he assured her with a smile. "And we'd better get down there before William storms up here searching for you. That boy has no patience."

"He'll be good to me," she whispered softly, a smile on her face. "You don't need to worry, Daddy. He loves me as much as I love him."

"I have no doubts to that," he said, kissing her cheek. "All I've ever wanted was for you to be happy, Willow. I love you, daughter."

"I love you, daddy," she hugged him tight, not caring if she wrinkled her dress. Pulling back, she gave him a big smile as she took his arm. "Come on. It's time."

********************

William shifted in place, aware of the eyes studying him, judging him, seeing if he deserved to be marrying Willow. He couldn't believe how many people were there. He had heard Giles tell about people in town coming, but he never would have guessed so many people would cram into the Rose to see Willow marry him. He felt proud of his future wife, glad that she had so many people that cared about her and worried about her. But, he could have done without the appraisal.

"Are you starting to feel like the cattle must before they are sold?" Angelus whispered, making a face.

"You'd think we were in a zoo," William agreed.

"Well, boys. It would appear that you pass inspection," Faith said, her voice amused as she came up on stage to talk to them.

"Goodie?" William said, rolling his eyes. He couldn't care less what this town thought of him. He only cared that Willow loved him.

"Giles went to get her," Faith said, laughing at his antics. "She'll be down soon. Then, we can get this party started."

"Who is that?" Angelus asked, motioning with his head to an older man with white hair that was standing near them.

"That's Garrison. He's the justice of the peace that is performing the ceremony. Nice guy but a bit dodgy," she said, making a drinking motion with her hand.

"Ah," William said. "At least he isn't a servant of God. I'd hate to be struck down before I could marry her."

"Willow doesn't go to church, though she is friendly with Reverend Smythe. She just didn't think it would be wise for him to conduct the ceremony, you being evil demon spawn and such," Faith said, almost snickering.

"I feel her," William said suddenly, a smile crossing his handsome face as he looked towards the back of the saloon. "Go sit down so we can get this done."

"Yes sir," she said, laughing as she took her seat.

Graham saw Xander motion to him and began playing a familiar tune. Everyone stood, looking towards the back of the room. Gasps and sighs were heard as Willow and Giles entered. She looked radiant, her green eyes finding William's gaze easily. She smiled softly as he whispered I love you to her as she walked closer. Angelus put his hand on William's shoulder, squeezing it as William smiled. "She's beautiful."

William didn't answer, just smiled a bit bigger as he watched her getting closer. Finally, she had reached the stairs. Her father walked her up the five stairs, taking her hand and placing it into William's. "Treat her well, Devlin."

"I promise, sir," William said, not taking his eyes off of Willow's. She wasn't wearing one of those annoying veils he noticed. He was glad. He was able to look into her eyes and see her pretty face. It had only been a day since he had seen her, but it seemed like months. He was spoiled to seeing her early in the afternoon when she would come into his room and sit with him, waiting for dusk. He ran his fingers over her palm, watching in satisfaction as she moaned softly at his touch. He distantly heard the man begin the ceremony, but wasn't paying much attention. He just wanted to stand there and look at Willow, to feel her soft warm touch.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of this man, William James Devlin, with this woman, Willow Anne Rosen," Garrison began.

Willow heard Garrison speaking, but she wasn't really paying attention. William looked so handsome, his eyes so blue and his hair nearly white from his recent washing. She became aware of Garrison asking her to repeat after him. She did so, her eyes still not leaving William's. He had not looked away from her since she had entered the room. She had looked at Angelus, smiling as the handsome vampire had winked at her before looking back at William. She smiled and said her final words with conviction, "I do."

Garrison smiled and moved on, having William repeat after him. The blonde did as he was told, knowing the truth of his words. He had to smile as he heard the 'until death do us part'. Not even death would come between him and his love. She was really going to be his. She knew that he was a monster and didn't care. She loved him. This wonderful, caring, beautiful, intelligent creature loved him. He smiled as she watched him, wanting nothing more than to caress her pretty face and hold her close. He suddenly felt a pinch at his back, turning to glare at Angelus for interrupting his memorization of her face at that particular moment. He saw his sire roll his eyes and then looked back at Willow, noticing that the old guy was waiting for him. With a sheepish smile, he said, "I do."

Willow almost laughed as William said the words. He had been so busy staring at her that he hadn't heard his final question. He deserved to be caught, making her body do weird strange things in front of all these people. With his eyes, he could leave her feeling naked. She saw Angelus hand him the ring, watching as it slid onto her finger. It was the same ring he had given her upon their engagement, his family ring. She took his from Cordelia who was standing behind her, sliding it on easily. It was just a plain silver band that she had bought last month. She knew that he didn't wear jewelry and would probably take it off after the ceremony, but she had seen it and thought it fitting so she had bought it. She saw him look at it in surprise then smile at her, his hand holding hers.

Garrison smiled as he said, "By the power vested in me from the state of Kansas, you are now husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

He didn't have to say it twice. With those words, William swept forward, his mouth claiming hers in a tender yet passionate kiss. She was finally his.

********************

Willow felt William move away from her, her eyes on his face and the smile that caused strange stirrings in her stomach. She ran her tongue over the lips that he had just kissed, wishing for a moment that they were alone and that the kiss would never have to stop. Instead, loud cheering and sobbing reminded her that they were on the stage at the Wild Rose in front of her friends and family. Her eyes widened slightly as she whispered, "I'm married."

"That you are, luv," he replied with an easy smile.

"I believe the tradition is now for others to kiss the bride," Angelus said silkily as he moved forward, his dark eyes sweeping over the blushing bride.

"There will be none of that," William decreed. "No man is kissing my bride if he values his life."

"Oh, don't fuss," Cordelia said with a roll of her eyes. "They shall not be devouring her quite as passionately as you just did, William. Merely a peck on the cheek or forehead. Except your brother who appears to want to devour the both of you."

"Cordelia!" Willow gasped, glaring at her friend. "Do not speak so loud."

Cordelia laughed as she hugged Willow from behind, brushing her lips over her friend's cheek. "You're so delightful. I shall miss you so much."

"Ahem," Angelus cleared his throat as he smiled a sexy smile at Willow. "My kiss?"

Willow smiled sweetly as she offered him her cheek. When she heard him growl and saw his eyes narrow, she said, "People are watching, Angelus. How would it look if our lips touched?"

"It would look a bit like this," he said as he caught her face and swiftly kissed her mouth. Pulling back, he winked, "That should give them something to discuss for several days."

"No one else is kissing her," William said, annoyed that they seemed to have forgotten him. He moved his arm behind Willow, smiling as she leaned against him. "Girl, tell them that no one else is kissing her."

"Girl?" Cordelia repeated, eyes narrowing. "The name is Cordelia. Willow, I do believe you should stop him from lightening his hair. It seems to have affected his memory."

"I like his hair," Willow said with a smile as she looked over to see numerous people getting ready to make their way on stage. "Oh my. I believe we are about to be attacked."

"I'll fetch you a drink," Cordelia whispered, glancing at Angelus and William who were watching the approaching humans with dread. "I shall make it a dark red wine for them."

"Thank you," Willow smiled at her friend as she watched Xander bring chairs onto the stage. She knew Cordelia would get the Devlins a glass of blood as she got her some water.

"I thought you might want to sit," Xander said with a smile as he put the chairs down. "It looks like there are a hundred people here ready to tell you how beautiful you look and how lucky that English scoundrel is to marry you."

"He is lucky, isn't he?" Willow smiled as she sat down, William's arm moving as he took her hand and sat beside her. She noticed Angelus take a chair and sit slightly to the side, Drusilla joining him on stage.

"Very lucky," Xander said as he kissed her cheek. He glanced at William as he heard the warning growl and smiled, "She's all yours, mate."

William smiled as he looked at Willow, "Did you hear that, pet? You're all mine."

"Yes, I am," she agreed before impulsively brushing her lips against his briefly. She pulled back with a smile as she turned to greet her father.

********************

"You two already sit around like some old married couple!" Faith said as she leaned down to hug Willow.

"Don't call me old," Willow said, laughing as Faith hugged William, brushing her lips against his cheek and leaving a red imprint. "And don't kiss my husband!"

Faith stuck her tongue out at Willow and laughed as William muttered as he wiped his cheek with a cloth. "I thought he looked left out. Everyone has hugged or kissed you and the poor baby has sulked through it all. Well, that is when he hasn't been glaring or growling."

"I do not sulk," William said, glaring at his sire as Angelus snorted.

"Are we finished yet?" Willow asked, looking around and seeing that everyone was now eating or drinking or dancing. A majority of her friends from town had left after speaking to her and meeting William and Angelus. Overall, it had been a lovely evening. She had been able to sit beside the men she loved and enjoy talking to some people she hadn't spent much time with recently. And, a small part of her enjoyed showing her new handsome husband to people that had been convinced she would die a spinster.

"I believe everyone has spoken to the bride," Faith said as she looked around.

"Why, then, are we sitting here when we could be dancing?" William asked, getting up from the chair he had been confined to for over an hour. He had never met so many people as he had met this evening. Faces and names had become a blur as people of every shape and size had conversed with Willow. He was proud that his wife was respected and well liked, but he almost wished the ceremony had been private. Then, he'd have had a chance to be alone with her before the bonding ceremony. He had no problems sharing Willow with his sire. He was, in fact, honored that Angelus wanted to share such a special connection with them both. He was just selfish enough to wish he had had her for himself for even a few hours before he was forced to share. Hopefully, on their honeymoon, he would steal her away for a few hours. Of course, if he were allowed to do that, he'd have to allow Angelus the same privilege.

"Dancing?" Willow shook her head. "William, I am a horrid dancer."

He leaned forward, his lips beside her ear, "Luv, I don't care about dancing. I need you in my arms. I bloody well don't care if we stand in place as long as you're against me."

"Oh," she sighed softly, a besotted smile crossing her lips as she took his hand, his lips brushing against her cheek as they stood and stepped down from the stage, joining the others on the dance floor.

"He loves her," Faith said with a smile as she watched them.

"As do I," Angelus remarked, his eyes lazily moving over his childe and Willow.

"Promise me you'll never hurt her," Faith said, her eyes still watching Willow, but her voice giving no room for argument.

"I can't promise that she will never be hurt. That is something entirely out of my control. I will promise that neither William or I will hurt her," Angelus said, glancing at the girl.

Faith nodded then smiled, "Good enough. So, handsome, want to dance with an engaged pregnant lady?"

"Who am I to turn down such a lovely request?" he said with a smile as they moved to join the others.

********************

"You will not be going to New Orleans with us?" Willow questioned as she and Wesley danced.

"No," he smiled at her. "I shall remain here overseeing several of Angelus' projects. I will also be keeping an eye on things for you, Mrs. Devlin."

"Oh," she smiled, "you are the first person to address me that way!"

He laughed, "Imagine that. I beat William to it?"

She nodded, "Yes. It sounds so strange hearing someone else say it. I admit that I have said it several times, trying to accustom myself into hearing it, but it gives me a thrill to hear another say it. It makes it real."

"It is real," he said softly. "You, my dear, are Mrs. Willow Devlin, wife of William, sister in law to Drusilla and Angelus. After this evening, it will mean far more than that."

"You will watch after Buffy for me?" she asked. "I worry about her sometimes. Anya has Xander. Faith has my father. Cordelia has Graham, if she'd ever admit to herself. Buffy has no one really. I would not lower myself to include Riley Finn among men as wonderful as Daddy, Xander and Graham."

"She loves him," he reminded softly, a slight catch in his voice. "You do not have to like him if he makes her happy."

"He doesn't make her happy, Wesley. He uses her because she allows it. She seems to believe that she can make him love her, which is such a silly dream. Riley Finn will marry the woman that his mother chooses for him to marry. He won't care that Buffy will be hurt, or that she loves him. I've watched them for months and I can only see one outcome," she said with a sigh.

"You may underestimate him, Willow. Buffy is special. He'd be a fool to give her up," Wesley said.

"Promise me you'll look after her as I would while I'm gone," she said, looking into his brown eyes. "I fear I won't be able to enjoy my trip if I'm worried about her."

"You, my dear, are resorting to emotional blackmail," he observed with a smile.

"Am I?" she blinked innocently.

"Definitely a Devlin," he said with a laugh. "Fine. I promise that I will keep an eye on her for you."

Willow smiled at his agreement, wondering if she would return from New Orleans to find Wesley and Buffy involved. She felt a hand on her back and looked up, the smile deepening as she looked into the blue eyes of her handsome. "William."

"It's time, luv," he said softly, watching as her eyes widened as she realized what he meant.

"Now? So soon?" she stammered, her slight fear seeming to grow and become overpowering with just three words from William.

"Drusilla is preparing your dress. She's waiting in your room. You have time to say your good nights and steal away to change. Angelus and I shall be waiting in his room," William said, sensing her fear. "Willow, it will be fine. Please don't be frightened."

"I'm sorry. I can't help it," she whispered, leaning against him. "Will it hurt?"

"Yes," he said softly, feeling her stiffen. "Honey, I promised that I would never lie to you. It will hurt a bit, but the pain fades quickly. When the ceremony is complete, nothing will ever separate us."

"Then, the pain will be worth it," she decided as she gave him a brave smile. "Go on. I'm sure you've got things to do to get ready. I'll be up shortly."

"I love you, Mrs. Devlin," he said as he leaned over and kissed her.

Willow watched him leave with a smile before finding Faith. She touched her friend's shoulder and softly said, "It's time."

********************

Willow stood outside her door, a strange feeling resting in the pit of her stomach. Once she opened the door, there would be no turning around. She smiled wryly, knowing that her choice had been made when she accepted William's ring on her finger not three hours before. During the weeks before her wedding, she had felt intrigued by the bonding ceremony the Devlins spoke of. Curiosity was one of her worst faults as she would gladly admit. Now, faced with the strange ceremony that would soon unfold, her curiosity had waned slightly and she was faced with the fear of the unknown that had nagged at her mind each time the bonding was spoken of. Before, she had pushed away the doubts and fear, knowing there was no use worrying about an event so far in the future. As the time had neared, she had been overwhelmed with happiness surrounding her wedding. Now, there was no ignoring the fact that she was about to participate in a ceremony that would bind her life to those of the men she loved. Fear and excitement were an unusual mixture, but one that Willow somehow knew she would soon grow accustomed to feeling.

With a steady hand, proving to her just how well she could hide her nerves, she opened her door. She stepped over the threshold, a small smile crossing her lips as she saw Drusilla waiting on the bed patiently, her dark eyes on the door and a knowing smile on her pretty face. Willow shut the door behind her and said, "I'm here."

Drusilla's smile deepened as she said, "I was beginning to think I might have to fetch you."

Willow shook her head, "It would not have come to that. I am afraid, I admit. The details of the ceremony have been a bit vague from you and the boys, deliberately I fear. That concerns me. Is it something so terrifying you can't be honest with me?"

Drusilla laughed softly, "Willow, my love, you are the bravest human that I've yet to meet. While I believe you might feel fear at times, I do not think anything could ever truly terrify you. And, even if it did, you'd face it and conquer it. That is just who you are. There will be pain for this evening, but only a bit more than any girl faces after marriage. William, Angelus and I would never allow you to be hurt if it was not necessary."

"I know," Willow said, sighing. "I trust you all with my life. It's just, now that it is time, all these silly fears are pressing down on me. I feel almost as if I might suffocate from the weight of them all."

"Foolish girl," Drusilla shook her head as she stood, "we have done the wrong thing, no?"

"What?" Willow frown in confusion.

Drusilla laughed, "We kept silent of the ceremony as to not worry you about the formality of it, but all we accomplished was making you fearful of the unknown."

"I'm just having pre-ceremony nerves," Willow said, smiling. "Even if I knew every detail and action, I would be nervous."

"That is a human condition," Drusilla said, shrugging, "I do not feel nervous."

"What do you feel?" Willow asked curiously.

"It is fate, Bella," Drusilla said softly. "The stars sang me songs of you before we met, lovely songs of love and passion and family. William and Angelus love you. I love you. Tonight, you will join our family. I feel so many things that I could not begin to describe them. Mostly, though, I feel love."

"Fate," Willow repeated, thinking of Drusilla's words. She smiled, "I imagine that William is pacing to and fro, making a path on the rug."

Drusilla nodded, smiling as she saw Willow relax, the green eyes calm and determined, "He is not very patient. I fear today has tested him quite well."

Willow laughed, "Poor baby. Well, why make him wait any longer? I'm ready."

Drusilla clapped her hands, "Oh goodie. I'll get your dress."

Willow nodded as she began to unfasten the buttons on her wedding dress, careful not to snag the material with her fingers. She let out a deep breath, whispering to herself, "I'm ready."

********************

Drusilla placed the brush on the bureau, her eyes looking at Willow's reflection in the mirror. "Beautiful," she said simply.

Willow opened her eyes at Drusilla's soft words, a smile on her face. It no longer bothered her to not see her friend's reflection. Over the months, it was something she had grown accustomed to. Her face was flushed, both from excitement and pleasure. She replied, "Thank you."

"Stand," Drusilla said, moving back so the redhead could move from the chair.

Willow stood, the cool silk of her dress brushing against the bare skin underneath. She glanced at her arms, seeing the goosebumps. Her feet were bare, moving over the cold floor with barely a thought. The room was chilled, having been empty for several hours that evening. She had foolishly not left a fire burning. The window was covered, but the wooden floor did little to keep out the winter air. The dress she was wearing displayed more flesh than it concealed. Her arms and back were not covered. Her legs were displayed by both of the lengthy slits on the sides. Her breasts were barely covered by the red silk, pushing against the tight fabric that covered them and little else. The crest of her necklace rested between the soft mounds, the only jewelry she wore besides her wedding band. Drusilla had removed the clips from her hair, letting it fall free around her face. Drusilla had brushed it out to fall in curls down her back, though she had also let the right side fall forward, over Willow's breast.

"You must be cold," Drusilla remarked after her dark eyes swept over the redhead.

"I hadn't noticed," Willow said with a sheepish smile. After her initial fears had subsided, she had been eager to begin the ceremony.

Drusilla smiled, "William will warm you soon enough."

"Dru!" Willow felt a blush crawl over her skin, cursing her pale complexion that allowed the vampire to see her embarrassment.

"'Tis true, love," Drusilla said, pushing the strap of the dress over Willow's shoulder from where it had fallen. Her fingers moved over the pale freckles, a sly smile crossing her face, "Have I ever mentioned Angelus fondness for freckles?"

"What?" Willow looked at the woman, noticing how close she was and that she was brushing her fingers over her shoulder.

Drusilla laughed softly, "He has discovered each and every one of mine and kissed them. He shall be thrilled to discover how many cover you, my dear."

"Kissed them?" Willow gulped, frowning as a wave of heat spread over her at the image of Angelus kissing all of her freckles.

"Oh yes," Drusilla sighed happily, caught in a memory for a moment before remembering the pressing engagement awaiting them. "Yes, well, enough of that. You shall soon find out for yourself. We should go before they become angry."

"Do I need anything?" Willow asked.

Drusilla took her hand and opened the door, "Just you, Willow. That is all we will ever need."

********************

"Oh my," Faith inhaled sharply as she saw Willow. "You look beautiful."

Willow laughed softly, her cheeks a pale shade of rose as Faith and Wesley both looked at her in admiration, "Thank you."

"They are finishing their preparations," Wesley explained, indicating why he and Faith were standing outside Angelus' room.

"They didn't want any pesky mortals around," Faith added, winking at Drusilla who laughed.

"I will see if they are ready," Drusilla said, placing Willow's hand in Faith's. She brushed her lips over Willow's cheek and whispered, "Soon."

Willow watched as Drusilla entered the room, a tremor of excitement running over her as she heard William and Angelus speak, their deep voices doing strange things to her body. She looked at Faith and saw the girl watching her in amusement, "What?"

"Willow's in love," Faith taunted with a smile. The smile faded as she asked seriously, "Are you nervous about tonight?"

Willow shook her head, glancing over to see Wesley reading over some papers and not listening to them. "Not really. I was for a bit, right after the wedding, but I spoke to Drusilla and she assured me that the ceremony was not nearly as painful as I might imagine."

"I didn't mean the ceremony, Red," Faith said softly, shaking her head. "I meant the honeymoon. You've never had a man. Now, tonight, you'll have two. Your first time, well, it hurts. William loves you, though, so he will make it as pleasurable as possible. They will not hurt you."

"No, they won't," Willow agreed, loving Faith even more for thinking of her safety after the bonding ceremony as well. "I've heard stories from the girls for years. I assume that I expect something far more painful than will actually occur."

Before Faith could respond, the door opened. William looked at Willow, his face unsmiling though his eyes moved over her in love. He held out his hand, eyes narrowing as he saw Faith holding it. He was not jealous of the friendship and love that Willow felt for so many people, but this was his wedding day. He had not been alone with Willow long enough to kiss her thoroughly, and now the bonding was about to begin. Both Faith and Drusilla had held her hand, having more contact than him, her husband. He believed that he deserved to be a bit resentful. Keeping the door closed as much as possible, he pulled Willow to him suddenly and kissed her. The kiss was the most passionate he had given her, his tongue exploring her mouth as his hands held her against his hard body. He wanted her to remember this always, his lips and his taste, their first true kiss as husband and wife. Reluctantly, he withdrew. He smiled slightly as he saw her dazed look, her arousal reaching him. His fingers brushed over her cheeks as he whispered, "You're mine, Willow. So bloody beautiful."

Before Willow could answer him, he straightened, glancing at the door then back at her. "We are ready to begin."

She nodded, knowing that he had warned her of the formality of the ceremony. She doubted that she would see another smile on his face until after it had been completed. She felt his fingers brush against her palm as he brought her into the room. Before she could even look around, Angelus was beside her, her free hand held firmly in his. She looked into his eyes, slightly surprised at the extent of the emotions she saw burning in their brown depths. He moved her forward and gestured, "Willow, I would like you to meet my grandfather, Heinrich Joseph Nest."

Willow turned her head, her green eyes moving over the strange man standing beside the fireplace. He did not look human at first sight. Pale with no hair, he stood wearing what appeared to be a union uniform, much worn. Yellow eyes framed by red looked at her expectantly, patiently, as if he were waiting for something. With clarity, she realized that he expected her to be scared of him, of his appearance. Strangely enough, she wasn't. His eyes were not a monster's eyes. She had seen more evil in the eyes of a gunslinger passing through on his way west. She was not sure if she should take his hand or curtsy or what, so, instead, she looked him directly in the eyes without any fear and smiled, "It is nice to meet you, Mr. Nest."

His lips twitched slightly as he said "You may call me Joseph," he glanced at Angelus, nodding his head as he told his favorite grandson, "I believe we shall keep her."

********************

Willow heard the raspy words, felt Angelus tighten his grip on her hand, kept her eyes on the strange man in front of her. She had not been told that Angelus' grandfather would be arriving. In fact, she had never heard his name mentioned even in passing. Yet, here he was, traveled who knew how far, to attend the bonding ceremony. No, not just attend she realized. He was standing before them, preparing to conduct the ceremony. Do not focus on fear, she reminded herself. The Devlins would not allow her to be hurt. She pulled herself from her thoughts to respond to him, "Please, call me Willow."

Angelus watched his grandfather carefully. It would not do for Willow to know of his distrust for the elder vampire, but he could be alert without her knowledge. She was scared enough, poor thing. Putting on a brave face for them all, but he could see in her eyes that she was nervous. She was so special, this little slip of a human. He and William had not been able to determine what they had done to deserve her, but they did know that she was never leaving them. Brown eyes watched as Joseph stood silently, eyes staring at Willow, studying her. Angelus knew that his grandfather would do nothing to harm the girl, his trust not an issue. The ceremony was formal, having to be conducted by the eldest of his blood line. Had his grandfather not consented to travel across the country, Willow would not be able to be part of their family. He still could verbalize the relief he had felt when he had received the confirmation from Joseph that he would journey to Kansas, come see their little human and perform the ceremony. Now, though, he had to admit that he was feeling a bit of Willow's fear. He had witnessed several ceremonies in his time, knowing how painful it could be for a human. He would concentrate on the end, knowing that when it was all complete, she would be theirs. Pain would fade. Besides, Willow was so very strong that he tried not to worry too much.

If the bastard didn't move soon, he was going to scream, William decided. He had counted to two hundred since Willow had introduced herself to Grandfather. Not a word had been spoken since. His eyes moved to look at Angelus, seeing the nerve twitching in his sire's cheek. Eyes concentrated on Joseph, he noticed. The ceremony had not even begun and he was already edgy. This was not a good sign. He had known he would not be patient enough to simply stand as Willow was put through this. It was his damn wedding night. He should be alone with her right now, teaching her about pleasure. Not standing in a drafty room with his suit still on. Rationally, he knew that the ceremony was needed. It was very important, and had to be conducted before they left for New Orleans. It was the only way they could show others their claim, protect her from anyone they might come across. He also knew that it was an honor that Joseph had agreed to conduct the ceremony. He and Angelus had spent several afternoons discussing what they would have to do if they did not receive his permission for the bonding. None of their solutions had been as secure as this ceremony, as definite at protecting her. When Angelus had told him that Joseph would join them, he'd been ecstatic. Not at seeing his Grandfather, truth be told the elder vampire unnerved him a bit, but at knowing that no one would be able to take Willow away from them. Now, it seemed all the old coot wanted to do was stand by the warm fire and stare at his wife. He'd have growled a warning if he hadn't known Angelus would kill him for it.

Faith didn't really know what to do. She was there as a witness, as a friend, as a protector. Was she to stand in the back, sit to the side or simply fade away while the vampires performed their ceremony? She couldn't look at the man that introduced himself as Joseph. She had tried, never finding difficulty before in staring a man down, but her eyes moved away on their own accord. She could sense something around him, a power that she felt when with the Devlins, but something more. She couldn't explain it, not even to herself. He was frightening but not. She looked at Wesley who she noticed was also not looking at the man. Good, maybe it wasn't just her. Maybe humans couldn't stare at him for some reason. Either way, she was relieved when Wesley motioned for her to join him in two chairs near the back of the room. Close enough to be there for Willow, but not so close that she was bothered by that feeling.

********************

Joseph could feel his great grandson's impatience though the boy was doing good standing still. He appeared to have gained some control over the past ten years since last they had met. He could feel Angelus' eyes on him, knew what it had taken for his grandson to write him, ask him for his blessing. They had not parted on good terms, having never had a very rewarding relationship. Darla had seen to that, he knew. She had played many a game with them both, twisting and turning situations to better suit herself. His daughter was lovely but enjoyed her game playing more than anything. When he had last seen Angelus, shortly before his boat ride to New York, they had spent several strained days in a small town outside of London. He had enjoyed the visit with his family, finding William amusing and Angelus as cautious as ever. He had also met his new great granddaughter, taking an instant liking to Drusilla. That girl he could spoil rotten, he knew. She was lovely and innocent and so very intelligent. Angelus always had been attracted to smart women, Joseph knew. First Darla, then Drusilla. Now this fragile little redhead.

It confused him, if he were honest. He had looked at her for several silent moments, expecting her to be scared. He knew from description and drawing that he was not an attractive sort, most females and even the males unable to stare at him for length. This girl, though, this Willow, she had not looked away. In fact, she was watching him with a small smile of amusement on her pretty face as if she knew what he expected and was even more definite in her decision not to give him that reaction. He wished to speak to her, he decided. She was unlike any human he had ever had contact with, even those working for him fearful or nervous.

"Leave," he said a small smile crossing his face as Angelus glared at him.

"Grandfather?" Angelus questioned, an edge of anger in his voice. He wasn't sure what Joseph meant, not knowing the man well enough to predict his mood.

"Leave me with her," Joseph said, eyes narrowing. "I will not begin the ceremony until I have had a moment to speak to her. Alone."

Drusilla smiled, motioning to Wesley and Faith. "Go into the hall. Grandfather wishes to speak to Willow."

"I would prefer to remain," Angelus said, not wanting to leave Willow alone with Joseph.

"Angelus, it's all right," Willow said softly, speaking up even though she wasn't sure she was allowed. "You'll be right outside."

"If anything happens, we'll be here," William said, looking at Joseph with weary eyes before he brushed his lips over hers. "Angelus, we should go. The sooner he gets this done, the sooner we can begin."

"I don't like this," Angelus said, registering his opinion before he too kissed Willow briefly and followed after William.

Once the door was shut, Joseph smiled at Willow and said, "Now, we shall have a nice little talk."

********************

"Speak freely, child," Joseph said when he saw that Willow was uncertain how to proceed. "Come, we shall sit."

Willow followed him to the plush chairs that sat in front of the fireplace. She smiled softly as she felt the warmth from the fire caressing her cool skin. She sat down, jumping slightly as the velvet brushed against her bare back. She resisted the urge to tuck her feet underneath her, the rug brushing against them as she sat down. She looked at Joseph, understanding two things suddenly. One, he was not as frightening up close. And two, he was enjoying the idea that he had irritated Angelus and William. "You said that I may speak freely?"

"Of course my dear," he smiled.

"I was just curious, did you really wish to speak with me or are you merely procrastinating in an attempt to annoy Angelus and William?" she smiled as she finished her question.

He looked at her for a moment before he laughed, the sound raspy as was his voice, "You see a great many things with those lovely eyes, don't you my child?"

"According to my friends and family, I sometimes see too much," Willow said with a sheepish smile.

"There is never too much observation, Willow," he assured her. "May I ask you a question now?"

"Of course," she waited.

"Why do you wish to complete the ceremony?" he asked.

"The bonding?" she frowned, not sure what he was asking.

"The bonding, the process of committing yourself to the Devlins for an eternity. You are a beautiful young woman. Clearly intelligent and good natured. They are vampires, descended from evil, undead. Why would you want to curse yourself willingly? Many of our kind never had a choice, would have not wanted eternity. Why do you?" he asked.

"I'm not going to die, am I?" she asked, confused. "William told me that the ceremony was formal, that I would be bonded with them all, protected as part of their family. Do I have to die?"

"You will not die, child," he said softly, "but did they not tell you anything else? Did they not mention what future would await you?"

"I never asked," she said truthfully. "Joseph, I love William and Angelus and Drusilla. I know, in my heart, that they would never do anything to hurt me. If they feel that this bonding is best for me, and if it means that I can be with them, I do not have to know more than that."

"Foolish child," he said with a small smile. "For the ceremony to be performed, there can be no doubts at all. Any hesitation could result in your death. Were you aware of that?"

"No," she said quietly, shaking her head.

"Love is very strong, but it cannot protect you once I have begun," he warned her. "There will be pain unlike any that you have ever felt. The consequences of the bonding, you do not even fully understand. Once it is complete, it can never be changed. Willow, I will ask one last time, are you certain that you wish for the ceremony to begin?"

She hesitated for only a second, not even a hesitation, more of a focusing of her decision, "Yes."

He stared into her eyes, knowing that he would not begin the ceremony if he was not certain, smiling slowly as he said, "Then so it shall."

********************

"What the bloody hell are they talking about?" William asked, glaring at the closed door.

"Stop pacing," Angelus said in a warning tone. "You're giving me a headache."

"It's been nearly half an hour," William said, halting his walking when he saw the threat in Angelus' eyes.

"She is fine," Drusilla said, rolling her eyes. "Grandfather likes her."

"Why does that not reassure me?" William asked, making a face.

"I hope they finish soon," Faith said, covering a yawn. "I'm starting to feel the day."

"You should go sleep," Drusilla said, moving to the woman and placing a hand on her flat stomach, "this will take hours and you are caring for another."

"I promised Willow that I'd be here," Faith said, still finding it odd to think that she was carrying around another life. She was starting to feel it, though. Knew that she had a baby growing inside her. She couldn't explain how, it was just a wonderful awareness.

"Go on," William said with a wry smile, "if Joseph is playing some waiting game, we could be here until dawn. Willow will understand."

"We won't let anything harm her," Angelus assured her, giving her a tense smile before looking back at the closed door.

"If you're sure," Faith stood and smiled, "tell her that I shall see her soon."

"You explained to everyone that we would be leaving directly tomorrow afternoon?" Angelus asked Drusilla after Faith had left the hallway.

"Yes. They said their good-byes tonight," Drusilla said, having spoken to all of Willow's friends. "They are aware that she will return from New Orleans early next year."

"Good," Angelus nodded, that worry out of his head. He did not wish any of her friends or especially her father to see her after the ceremony. She would be weak and not in any condition to have visitors for several hours. By that time, they would need to be on the train for the ride to St. Louis. Joseph was planning on remaining until dusk when he would catch a train west. He had heard of some small town in California that he was thinking of exploring, after a stay in Denver. Angelus didn't really care as long as it was far enough away that he wouldn't be forced into visiting often. "What is taking so long?"

"Still so impatient," Joseph said with a smile as he opened the door on Angelus' last remarks. The smile left his face as he moved to the side to allow them entry into the room, "It is time."

********************

William walked into the room first, thankful to see Willow still standing where they had left her. Her skin was pale pink, warmed from the fire. He noticed a slight impression against her back, recognizing the pattern from the chair near the fireplace. She had sat, had a conversation with Joseph. She was now looking at him with a small smile and love in her eyes. He smiled back, taking her hand and squeezing, letting her know he had missed her during the short time he was in the hall. Angelus joined her again on the other side, taking her other hand as he silently waited, wondering what words had been spoken in their absence. Deciding that it was not important, knowing that beginning the ceremony was the only important thing at the moment.

Wesley took his former seat, knowing that he would not be needed during the upcoming events. He made himself comfortable, aware that he would not be moving for a while. Drusilla smiled at him before facing the front, the smile fading as a seriousness crossed her face. She moved to stand behind Willow, brushing her fingers once over the redhead's neck so that she was aware of her position. She then waited, curious to witness her first ceremony, unsure how long it would take, not exactly certain of everything that would take place.

William reluctantly released Willow's hand as he took a small step back, standing beside Drusilla. He saw her glance at him in surprise, gave her a very small smile of reassurance. She gave him a small smile in response before facing forward again, seeing that Joseph had returned to the fireplace. She watched as he pulled a robe over his clothing. It was a deep red, almost purple, with sleeves that seemed to envelope him. Gold trim sparkled in the light from the fire as he turned to face them, any amusement having left him as he prepared for the ceremony. She watched as he stood at the fire, his hands in front of him as if he were warming them, his back to them for several moments. Finally, he turned around and it began.

"Child," he addressed her, "are you aware of what is about to begin? Has your choice been made? Do you understand what it means?"

She nodded, finally finding a voice to speak, "Yes, I am aware."

He gives a brief nod before looking at Angelus, waiting.

Angelus let out a small sigh of relief, knowing that permission had been given, "I, Angelus, childe of Darla daughter of Joseph, claim this mortal, Willow Devlin for eternity."

When he had finished, William spoke, "I, William, childe of Angelus son of Darla, claim this mortal Willow Devlin for eternity."

Drusilla spoke her claim after William, "I, Drusilla, childe of Angelus son of Darla, claim this mortal Willow Devlin for eternity."

"Angelus, do you accept the claims of William and Drusilla?" Joseph asked.

"I do," Angelus confirmed.

"The clan of Aurelius hears the claim and recognizes it as fact. This mortal, Willow Devlin, belongs to Angelus, childe of Darla to be shared with his children, William and Drusilla," with those words, Joseph stepped forward and placed his hands above Willow's shoulders, "Child, do you accept this claim? Do you accept the bond?"

Willow spoke softly, a bit surprised by everything that was happening, "Yes, I do."

Joseph swiftly moved his hands, his left holding her shoulder tightly as his right moved behind her ear. His ring, the crest of Aurelius, heated from the fire, burned into her flesh. She cried out in pain at the sensation, smelling the soft scent of burning flesh as tears came to her eyes. He spoke as he held the ring firmly against her, "Willow Devlin, mate of Angelus, William, and Drusilla, you are now a member of the clan of Aurelius. The bonding shall begin."

********************

Joseph removed his hands from Willow, seeing the tears on her face. She didn't cry out except for the first cry of initial surprise, something that didn't really surprise him. He reached under his robe, removing a small dagger from his belt. He held the old knife, his fingernails scraping against the ruby and emerald base as he waited for her to calm down. He would move slowly, as the ceremony procedure dictated and also because he did not wish to have something unfortunate happen. He saw her eyes widen when she saw the dagger but she did not make any attempt to halt the bonding, though there would be no stopping now regardless.

Willow felt as if one side of her face were on fire. In a way, she guessed it was. She could not see what he had burned into her flesh, but she knew it was whatever adorned his ring. There was a low throbbing behind her ear, the pain lessening as she stood. She felt Angelus' hand on hers, his fingers moving along her palm in a soothing gesture. She was brave. She could do this. She saw Joseph holding a small knife, jewels covering the end in his hand, the silver blade gleaming ominously. Be brave, she told herself. She looked at him silently, the tears drying along her face as she waited.

Joseph nodded slightly when he saw that she was ready to continue. He began to speak words in a language far more ancient than he, words that he had learned hundreds of years ago and only used less than a dozen times. As he spoke, he brought the knife to his left hand, piercing his middle finger. With a steady hand, he moved the blood soaked tip over Willow's heart, drawing a design that he himself did not understand. Once that design was finished, he moved his left arm around her neck, moving closer to her, until his hand touched the family crest. He moved the bloody finger over it, marking it with the blood of his clan. He waited until he felt it was time before moving back, eyes sweeping over her. He began to speak again, phrases and words that he barely remembered the meaning of. It was strange how, over time, you forget the meaning behind such important phrases. Had she asked him later for a translation, he would be unable to give one. Key phrases, he recognized. The claiming of the mortal by his clan, allowing her soul to remain as she joined them, the promise to protect her from all members of his clan and their followers.

Willow was aware that he had drawn something above her heart, on her right breast. She resisted looking down, seeing what was displayed there in his blood. She felt a hand on her lower back, knew that William was there, a small smile crossing her face as she savored the touch of both him and Angelus. She listened as Joseph spoke softly, almost to himself, eyes glowing as the knife still gleamed. She was constantly aware of the knife, knowing somehow that she would soon feel it in her flesh.

Joseph finished his phrase, moving the knife towards her. He saw her flinch but remain in place, her eyes watching it with a mixture of fear and resolve. She was a strong one, he decided. Good, those kids needed someone strong in their lives. Angelus deserved this happiness, though he would never admit that to anyone. He ran his right hand over her right arm, taking her hand in his. He raised the dagger, pushing the blade into her finger. This time, she didn't cry out, instead she whimpered softly, her fingernails digging into Angelus' palm until blood was drawn. When the blood was flowing, Joseph raised her hand, moving it behind her head to mix with his own blood that covered her mark. He used her finger, covering the mark thoroughly as he said the words that would make their blood one and the same.

********************

The cut hadn't been as bad as she had expected. The burn had been far worse, aided by the scent of her burning flesh in being nauseatingly painful. The knife had proven no worse than cutting her finger when helping cook. She watched as Joseph lowered her hand, seemingly content that he had accomplished whatever it was that he had wanted. She wondered if it was nearly over, unaware of exactly how long it had been. Time had seemed to stop once the ceremony had begun, everything fading except for what was happening in this room. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she did not see Joseph raise the dagger.

She cried out in pain as it sliced across her right palm, causing her to jerk forward slightly. She might have fallen had Angelus not been holding her hand. Fresh tears covered her face as she struggled to breathe. She tried not to cry, but couldn't keep the tears from coming. Her hand was in pain, the blade having sliced a smooth wound rather deeply into her palm. She watched through tears as Joseph brought her hand to his mouth, licking at the blood as he continued to whisper, his eyes closed as he spoke. Angelus and William's touch was no longer enough to reassure her. She was scared, the area behind her ear throbbing and covered with a gooey mixture of her blood mixed with Joseph's. The slight twinge from her finger had given way to a pain that was spreading up her arm, the blood flowing far more rapidly from her palm than from her finger.

Joseph finished with her hand, holding it loosely with his right hand as he faced Angelus. A hand was offered, which he sliced easily. He said the words as he joined Angelus' hand with Willow's. A pale glow shone from their joined hands as he completed the words. Without a word, he did the same with William and Drusilla as they both stepped forward and offered their hands. Again, a pale glow surrounded their joined hands. The bond was going well. He waited until they had all settled back in place, wiping the blade and placing it back in his belt. He had finished with it for the evening.

Willow held her hand in front of her, aware of the blood still flowing, dripping to the wooden floor in front of her. Her palm was coated with not only hers, but with the blood of all three Devlins. She felt a drop land on her foot, splattered after landing on the floor. She didn't jump, merely standing in silence. The pain was now as dull as that behind her ear, faded to a point beyond recognition. William had moved up slightly, now nearly beside her, his hand touching her arm. She knew what he must be feeling, aware that he hated the idea of her hurting. She tried to smile, to be brave so that he and the others wouldn't worry, but it was more of a half smile, slightly pained.

********************

Joseph stopped speaking, his eyes moving to Angelus. "It is time," he said simply.

Angelus turned towards Willow, gently moving her to face him. He did not speak, simply leaning down and brushing his lips against hers. She had tears drying on her face, her face pale from the blood she had begun to lose though her cheeks were flushed, possibly from the burn on her upper neck. She was more beautiful than he had ever seen her. He lifted her chin, staring into her eyes for several moments before he sighed softly, turning her to face William. He was going to allow his childe to claim her first, take second behind William. He saw the gratitude in his childe's blue eyes and almost smiled, knowing that it was the right decision. He listened as Joseph began to speak, his hands moving to Willow's hips as he held her lightly.

William kissed Willow, feeling her pain and discomfort. He would go slow, be careful with her. He lifted his head, glancing in Wesley's direction, thankful that the human was reading a book, ignoring their ceremony. He did not want Wesley to witness this very private moment. He leaned forward again, brushing his lips over Willow's neck. He heard her small gasp of surprise, felt her leaning against him as he tenderly sucked her flesh into his mouth, teasing it with his teeth and tongue. When he felt her relax, felt her fear leave her, he lifted his head, looking at Angelus as his eyes flashed yellow, moving his head swiftly as he pierced her neck with his teeth, her soft cry of surprise making him feel a moment of guilty before he closed his eyes, drinking her sweet blood as her uninjured hand gripped at his coat.

Willow felt him drinking from her. She could feel his teeth scraping against her skin as his tongue lapped at her blood. She stared at the ceiling above them, her eyes not really focusing. Her injured hand was between them, resting near her stomach. She was trying to keep it from touching her dress, not wanting to ruin the silk. She felt Angelus move forward, his hands moving from her hips to circle around her waist. She was glad that he was behind her, his strength keeping her standing. She held onto William's coat, her nails digging into the fabric as she listened to the soft sounds of him drinking from her. She whimpered when his face brushed against her burn, still sore and tender. Her head rolled to the side slightly as she felt herself trying to breathe.

Angelus watched as Drusilla pulled Willow's hair to the side, giving William better access to the girl's neck. With gentle motions, his daughter brushed her fingers against Willow's scalp, trying to calm the girl. He could feel the pain radiating from the redhead, knew that she was barely able to stand, probably wouldn't be standing had he not been holding her. She had lost a lot of blood, would lose more before the end of the ceremony. She was already feeling weak. He hoped she would have enough strength to last until the end. He brushed his lips against her cheek, watching as William finally raised his head, his tongue licking at the blood on his full lips. They exchanged a look and he smiled softly, knowing that it was time.

********************

Angelus moved to the other side of Willow's neck, lifting her hair as he brushed his face against her skin. He heard her murmur softly as she realized what he was doing. Running his tongue along her smooth skin, he waited until she was quiet before he bit into her neck. She moved forward into William, her eyes rolling as she felt Angelus drinking from her. She was becoming entirely too aware of the feeling of both men against her. The pain was subsiding, becoming something she was growing accustomed to. The initial surprise had faded, a strange feeling entering her as William had continued drinking. Now, Angelus was drinking from her and the feeling was becoming more intense. She moaned in the back of her throat, her eyes closing as she felt William bite into her again.

Her body was tense, heated. She felt as if someone was pulling every part of her in a different direction. She knew it was wrong, to be excited by this. Yet, her body would not listen. The pain had given way to arousal. Her hand no longer clawed at William's jacket in discomfort, instead it moved up to his head, holding him in place. She distantly felt small hands on her shoulders, recognized Drusilla's touch. She felt the woman pushing the top of her dress down, baring her breasts to the cool air. She made no attempts to stop the vampire. She knew she could claim she was too weak, but truth be told she didn't care if she was covered or not. Her breasts were aching, she could feel a tightening low in her stomach, something that she would sometimes feel whenever she was kissed by William or Angelus. Only, tonight, it was far worse than it had ever been. She felt the silk of the dress drift down her body, landing in a puddle at her feet. She knew that she was now nude, standing in front of several people. She wasn't ashamed of her body. Strangely enough, she made no effort at covering herself. Instead, she pushed against William, feeling the fabric of his shirt brushing against her breasts.

William groaned when he felt her nude body against him, pushing forward, moving her closer to Angelus. His erection brushed against her heated skin, her fingers tangled in his hair. He felt Drusilla's hands on the front of his pants, heard the zipper as she lowered it. Growled softly when she freed him from the confines of the pants, her cool fingers moving over his hard shaft. He knew that he would be taking Willow's virginity, something that frightened him in a way. It would have been painful enough for her if it had been a normal wedding night. Now, though, she had lost a lot of blood already. How was he supposed to make it pleasurable for her when they had people watching? Would she ever again want him to touch her after tonight? Again, he wished that he had not been so patient in waiting for their wedding night before tasting her. If it had not been her first time, he would feel no hesitation now. He moved his mouth over her neck, placing small kisses along the flesh. She was aroused, the scent thick in the air around them.

Willow didn't understand what was happening to her. Well, she understood, but she'd never felt like this before. She wanted William to touch her down there, to do whatever it took to make her feel good. She moaned when she felt large hands on her breasts, leaning her head back against Angelus as he nuzzled her bite, his hands squeezing her aching breasts. She felt his fingers brush against her nipples, surprised at the reaction that small action had in her body. She felt him behind her, his body so large, so hard. He moved against her bottom, pushing his pelvis against her. Her eyes widened when she felt him pushing against his pants, knowing from her friends' stories that he must be aroused.

Drusilla smiled as she kneeled on the floor beside the three. She moved her hand up Willow's body, her fingers dancing between the girl's leg. She heard a soft moan and the smile widened as she realized she was giving Willow pleasure. Her fingers tangled in the red curls, brushing against the wetness that had formed. She did not want Willow to experience any more pain than was common for her first time. She wanted Willow ready for Spike. She gently stroked Willow, her lips placing small kisses along the redhead's leg. She slid a finger inside the warmth, not at all surprised by the tightness. She listened as Willow began to babble, clearly not at all accustomed to feeling what she was feeling. When Drusilla felt Willow was ready as she would be, she moved her wet hand to William's length, stroking him as she prepared him for Willow.

William caught Willow's lips as his hand moved behind her. He cupped the length of her bottom as he lifted her slightly off the ground, feeling Drusilla position him at Willow's entrance. With as much care as he could, he slowly lowered her onto his hardness. She tore her lips from his as she cried out, feeling herself widen to take him inside. She felt tears in her eyes as Drusilla caught her injured hand, brushing soft reassuring kisses over the reddened mark. Angelus held her from behind, gently moving his hands over her breasts and kissing her shoulders. She moaned when she felt William stop, seemingly waiting endless moments before he caught her mouth and pulled her all the way down. Her cry was caught by him, her head exploding as the sensation of him being inside her spread all over her body. She felt Drusilla lifting her legs, wrapping them around William, giving her more balance. She began to finally kiss William back after the shock of him being so deep inside her began to fade and she found it replaced by a pleasurable feeling. She forgot that there was anyone else in the room except the four of them. She felt William began to move slowly, being so gentle with her. She loved him so dearly, she realized. Even in these circumstances, when she knew his demon must be so close to the surface, he was tender with her. She wasn't exactly sure what she should do, so she simply leaned back against Angelus and met William's slow thrusts.

William wanted them to find release together, having almost lost it when he had first pushed past her barrier into her warmth. He began to thrust more quickly, when he was sure that she enjoying herself and that the pain had gone. He moved his lips all over her face, his hands holding her in place. He heard her begin to gasp for air, cute noises coming from her open mouth as she clawed at his back with her good hand. She was close, so very close. She had been so brave, so strong. He was bloody proud of her, his wife. He smiled as he kissed her again, moving his face down to her neck as she tightened around him. She cried out as she found release, the sound the most enjoyable he could remember hearing. He bit into her as his seed entered her, felt her body jerk in surprise. He felt Drusilla's hair against his upper thigh as she pierced the skin of Willow's upper thigh, making her first mark on their redhead. Angelus reclaimed his earlier bite, his hand continuing to squeeze her breast as she closed her eyes, whimpering from the emotions running through her.

Joseph remained silent as they finished the bonding. When the three vampires looked up, staring at him as their faces became human once again, only then did he say, "It is complete."

Willow distantly heard the words through the fog in her mind. She glanced to her right, surprised to see Joseph. She had forgotten that he was there. She smiled when she heard his words, asking, "The bond is finished?"

"It is finished, my child," he assured her as he turned to give them some privacy.

She looked at William, pleasure in her eyes as she smiled at him, "Did you hear? It worked."

"I heard, luv," he said, brushing his fingers over her face. "I love you, Willow Devlin."

"Love you too," she mumbled sleepily, "I'm so happy," she said before her head rolled and her eyes closed, her body slumping against his as she finally passed out.