The Bet

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +

Hermione Granger was irritated. She was supposed to be going to Hogsmeade with Harry and Ron but had been halfway down the drive before she remembered that she had forgotten her list of things she needed to buy. While normally this list would be relatively short, it had been three weeks since her last trip to Hogsmeade and she had seemed to run out of several supplies all at the same time. She couldn’t remember if she needed red ink or if it was the black she was out of and she knew there were two books she planned to buy but the names were eluding her. After much grumbling, to Harry and Ron’s amusement, she had sent them on ahead and gone back to her room to find the list.


It was just her luck that the list was not on her dresser where she usually kept things of importance. No, that would have been too easy. Instead, she was having to search her robes and the pockets of her jeans because she couldn’t find it amidst her schoolbooks. She finally found it in the pocket of the robe she had worn on Thursday, thankfully one that she had not yet sent to be washed. With a triumphant smile, she glanced at the list, saw that she was out of red ink and almost out of black, and put it into her pocket. She exited her closet and heard voices from the common room.


She recognized them instantly. The lazy drawl of the Head Boy, Blaise Zabini, and the arrogant tone of the Slytherin prefect, Draco Malfoy. Several emotions passed through the brunette witch’s brown eyes. Annoyance, curiosity, desire, fascination. They were the conflicting feelings that the Head Girl felt for the two Slytherins. She had spent years hating Draco, the blond wizard doing his best to make her life miserable during the first five years at Hogwarts. During sixth year, she had noticed a change in him. It wasn’t anything major, the prat was still a rude, spoiled bastard a majority of the time, but he wasn’t as cruel and vicious as he had once been. She supposed Lucius’ incarceration and subsequent betrayal of Voldemort had changed his world, forcing him to grow up in some very ways.


She had grown to tolerate him, being forced into his presence even more than usual this term since he was Blaise’s best friend, which meant he was always underfoot and sitting in their common room with that smug smirk on his handsome face acting as though he owned the world and was merely allowing them to live there for his amusement and entertainment. And, Merlin help her, she found his attitude and confidence undeniably arousing. Even as she realized that he wasn’t quite the evil little bastard they had always imagined, she was torn between the memory of his cruelty and rudeness and the reality of the handsome, sarcastic and witty bastard that he had become.


Theirs was most definitely a love-hate relationship, though, during the last few months, she was no longer certain exactly which side she was on. There had always been passion between them, their need to constantly challenge one another and argue over the silliest things imaginable and his ability to make her more angry than she had ever been, angry enough to actually hit him that time during third year. He was a constant pain in the arse, with his sexy smirk and pale gray eyes and beautiful white-blond hair that framed a deceptively angelic face as it fell to his shoulders, and the lean body that was only a bit taller than her but muscular from years of playing Quidditch. Just when she resolved to get over her mixed-up feelings for her former enemy, he went and did something that caught her attention and she was again consumed with the knowledge that she desired him and was slightly infatuated.


To make matters even worse, her infatuation with Draco was nothing compared to her attraction to Blaise Zabini. The quiet Slytherin, or so she had always thought, was someone she had noticed during fourth year. He sat in front of her in two classes and she had been distracted from her studies by his classically beautiful profile. She honestly thought he could have been a model for many of the sculptures she had seen while visiting with the Louvre with her parents when she was younger.


High cheekbones, aristocratic nose, full lips, golden complexion, curly black hair that fell to the back of his neck. She could imagine him in a time long past surrounded by people eager to worship him for his beauty, though he honestly had no conceit about his looks, acknowledging that he was attractive but shrugging off compliments with an easy smile and witty remark. Yes, he was definitely a distraction, Hermione surprised she had passed either of those classes. Since then, she was always aware of Blaise Zabini.


Tall and slender with elegant hands and long fingers, walking with a grace and poise that spoke of his noble ancestors, a brilliant mind that rivaled her own, gorgeous indigo eyes that noticed everything around him, well, almost everything. He, luckily, had no idea that she had been half in love with him for the last three years. He had a fantastic smile that displayed his perfect white teeth that would cause her parents delight to see and a wonderful laugh, the sound not as rare now as it had once been.


It had been his looks that first caught her attention, she had to honestly admit that, but it had been his intellect and charm and wit that kept it. She had learned, since sharing quarters with him, that he was not the quiet and reserved Slytherin she had always believed him to be. True, he was studious and somewhat distant, spending as much time in the library as she did and having no close friends save for Malfoy, but he was also a charming flirt who delighted in teasing her whenever possible.


Yes, Blaise was an enigma. Complex and unpredictable and unlike any of the Slytherins she knew. He was polite and took his responsibilities as Head Boy seriously, being a great partner for her during their meetings and assignments. He would tutor the younger students without complaint, and always volunteered for extra patrols with her when needed. They had become friends over the last five months, the Gryffindor feeling comfortable enough to talk to him and tell him things she didn’t even tell Harry or Ron, though she never spoke a word about her feelings for him or her crush on Draco. They studied together, sharing most of the same classes, and Draco would often join them for studying, Ron and Harry occasionally studying for their few shared classes with the unlikely group .


Hermione listened to Draco and Blaise as they sat down in the common room, moving from the closet to peak around her door, thankful that she had not left it wide open because, honestly, she was intrigued by what they were discussing, knowing it was wrong to eavesdrop but, darn it, she was curious what the two objects of affection talked about when they thought no one was listening.


“Zabini, you’re such a git,” Draco laughed as he fell back on the sofa, propping his feet up on the table.


“Love you too, Malfoy,” Blaise smirked as he sat down in his favorite chair. With a sigh, he made a face, “In this rare instance, however, you’re right.”


“I’m always right,” Draco smiled smugly as he put his hands behind his head and linked his fingers. With a sneaky look at Blaise, he said, “So, how long?”


“Too bloody long,” Blaise muttered, “since third year, I guess.”


“Merlin, Zabini! That’s just,” Draco snorted, “pathetic!”


“Bugger off, Malfoy,” Blaise rolled his indigo eyes, “it’s not like I haven’t tried to tell her. It’s just,” his fingers ran through his thick black hair as he made a face, “what the hell am I doing? I am not discussing this with you.”


“Oh, come on,” Draco snickered, “tell Draco all about your hopeless and unrequited love life. I could use a good laugh.”


“Why are you so interested?” Blaise asked thoughtfully, studying his best friend.


“Me? Interested in anything having to do with Granger?” Draco grimaced, “I think you’re studying too much, Zabini. I just find your misery entertaining.”


Hermione’s mouth was hanging open when she heard her name, moving closer to the door, her eyes able to see Blaise and Draco through the crack between the door and the wall. Merlin, they were both gorgeous. Where Blaise resembled the classic Gods of Roman & Greek mythology, Draco resembled the portraits she had seen painted of fallen angels, pale and ethereal with a wicked gleam in this eyes. Light and dark, the contrast extremely arousing, their personalities similar in a few minor ways but mostly as contradictory as their looks.


Blaise was beautiful, elegant, charming, and passionate, while Draco was handsome, arrogant, smug, and somewhat emotionally reserved. They were both focused, intelligent, sarcastic, devious, and rather mischievous. Together, they were simply breathtaking. And, as the Muggle saying went, playing in an entirely different league than her. Wealthy and attractive Purebloods did not socialize romantically with middle-class Muggleborns that had wild and uncontrollable hair and were opinionated and that were more cute than beautiful.


“You’re lying,” Blaise declared with a smug tone, distracting Hermione from her criticism of her looks.


“Malfoys do not lie,” Draco declared snottily, his lips curving into a smug smile as he added, “we merely exaggerate on occasion.”


“You have been pestering me about this since you caught me staring at her two weeks ago,” Blaise said thoughtfully, “and you have gone from simply chastising me for daring care for a Muggleborn to constantly wanting to discuss her and my observations about her. If you did not care, you would have forgotten about it quickly and not dwelled on it so.”


“I merely enjoy basking in the knowledge that the great Blaise Zabini has dared to fall for the one girl at this ridiculous school that does *not* want him,” Draco smirked, relieved to turn the attention back to Blaise and his unrequited feelings for the Head Girl.


“Merlin, you like her too!” Blaise suddenly realized, laughing as he said, “Bloody hell, I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed. How long?”


“You’re insane, Zabini,” Draco protested, his gray eyes cold as he glared at the laughing raven-haired wizard. “I do believe I shall owl St. Mungos and ask them to prepare a room for you.”


“You have known me since we were five,” Blaise reminded Draco, his eyes narrowing as he looked at his best friend, “do you really believe I shall give up until you admit it?”


“Stubborn Italian bastard,” Draco finally snarled as he ran a hand through his pale blond hair.


“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” Blaise smirked, “besides, my Mum and Father might object to the bastard part. I have you know that they were married five years before they were blessed with me.”


“Cursed is more like it,” Draco grumbled, “we were discussing your disgustingly sentimental feelings for Granger, not mine.”


“So you do fancy her, too,” Blaise smiled victoriously, before he realized what that meant. His smile faded and his eyes narrowed as he warned, “You can’t have her, Malfoy.”


“I don’t bloody well want,” Draco denied before his own eyes narrowed and he looked at Blaise, seeing that the humor had left the normally carefree wizard’s eyes and their color was a dark indigo that was nearly black. A devious smile crossed his thin lips as he challenged, “Who says I can’t?”


“Don’t,” Blaise snarled, “this is not one of your silly games, some challenge to prove who the better wizard is. Damn it, this is Hermione we’re talking about. I,” he hesitated, “care about her. You know that I’ve wanted her for years! I will not allow you to taint her just because she’s something you can’t have, you spoiled wanker.”


“But Zabini, you’re the one that seems insistent that I like her,” Draco said innocently, enjoying Blaise’s anger. The dark wizard was always so composed and detached, slow to anger and possessing a lighthearted approach to life that Draco did not. He and the raven-haired wizard had been friends since childhood, becoming lovers during fourth year, and Blaise was one of the few people that Draco actually trusted and cared about. It had amused him to find out that his occasional lover had feelings for the same girl as him, knowing that only Hermione Granger was special enough to snag the hearts of two of the most talented and good-looking wizards of their generation.


And only Hermione could be completely ignorant of their desire for her and oblivious to the fact that they had been infatuated with her for years. It was just their luck to fall for the same girl, a girl that could care less about their social status and looks and wealth. No wonder Blaise had been unable to confront the brunette witch, Draco having realized his own attraction to her only the previous year, okay so he finally acknowledged it during sixth year, and being far too uncertain of her reaction to bother discussing it with her.


Blaise had been right. He was spoiled, used to getting what he wanted, and the idea that he finally wanted something that might not be easily attained was confusing and frustrating. He had tried being nicer to her, but he had no intention of changing who he was, even if it meant attracting the girl he wanted. No, if, when he corrected mentally, he managed to get Hermione Granger, it would be because she wanted him, Draco Malfoy, and not some saintly sugar coated goody-goody.


There were times recently when he thought she was looking at him in a way that suggested she might be interested, seeing arousal in her eyes a few times before she’d look away and he’d wonder if it was just imagined. He knew he had seen her watching Blaise with a lusty gleam in her coffee colored eyes, but everyone tended to look at Zabini with lust at one time or another so he wasn‘t sure if it was something real or just desire. The dark Slytherin, after all, was just one of those rare beautiful creatures that others had to admire, like a lovely piece of art or a new racing broom.


He wanted Hermione, probably more than anything else in his eighteen years, and he knew that Blaise wanted her, which was the problem. Blaise was his best friend and his lover. If it were anyone else, he’d have happily destroyed them before they even had an opportunity to woo Hermione, but this was Blaise. The dark wizard had wanted Hermione even longer than Draco, which made it even more aggravating that the Slytherin had been acting like a scared little Hufflepuff by refusing to confess his feelings. Draco had no intention of waiting that long, even if he had been procrastinating due to his concern that she would react badly to his revelation. He got a cunning gleam in his eyes, realizing that they could solve this dilemma right now. A challenge, fair and proper, to decide who got Hermione.


“Malfoy, I’m serious,” Blaise said sharply, not liking the expression in Draco’s eyes at all. He recognized it from their youth, usually meaning that they were about to get into mischief. How often had that look gotten them into trouble? He had forgotten how many times his Mum had finally tossed her hands in the air and declared their hopeless, even cursing the time he and Draco had been eight and caused all the books in the library to fly around until the spell ended too soon for them to be put back into place. He and the blond wizard had spent hours organizing and putting the books away. Yes, he definitely knew that gleam. He sighed, “Draco, I really care about her. I don’t want her to become a part of one of your wicked games.”


“Bloody hell, Blaise, I like her too!” Draco finally admitted, “Do you really think I’d suggest something that would hurt her?”


“Why her?” Blaise had to ask, “I’ve fancied her since we were in third year, Draco. I’ve watched her and wanted her and fallen in love with her. You could have any girl at this school so why choose the one I want?”


“Do you think I planned this?” Draco snorted, his eyes a stormy gray as he looked into Blaise’s indigo eyes and found himself speaking even as he told himself to just shut up and be flippant about it all, “I had no idea you wanted her, you pathetic git. You were being all ‘beautiful loner longing from afar’ and did a brilliant job of hiding your feelings, let me tell you. I never would have guessed until this year, watching you with her and seeing that adoring look in your eyes. I realized you felt the same way about her as I did. Merlin, I wish I could get over her. She’s an outspoken, argumentative, opinionated, know-it-all with unruly hair and a controlling nature and Muggles for parents. I only wish I could still loathe her like I once did, that I didn’t find her intelligence so arousing that I get hard hearing her answer questions in class in that superior ‘I always know the answers’ tone, that I didn’t wake from dream after dream of her begging me for more, that I hadn’t been so preoccupied with visions of us fucking her until we were so exhausted we couldn’t move since learning of your feelings for her that I almost fell off my broom during Quidditch practice. Trust me, I wish I could simply walk away. But, I can’t. Just like you can’t. She gets in your blood and works her way into your heart and even as you tell yourself it’s wrong to care for her, that she hates you and could never reciprocate the feelings, that life is all ready complicated enough without becoming romantically entangled with a Gryffindor, she’s there, a constant presence in your mind and your heart. Fuck.”


Even if someone had come and told them that Voldemort had risen from the final grave that Harry had sent him to during the previous year, Hermione didn’t think she’d be able to move. She couldn’t believe Draco’s outburst, the blond Slytherin normally aloof and somewhat cold. She had never imagined that he could get that passionate about anything, yet he had just proven that he could. About her. Merlin, this was confusing. She had never noticed either of the wizards giving her the slightest indication that they thought of her in that way and surely she would. After all, she’d been watching them for years. How could she have missed their infatuation? She had originally thought this must be some sort of joke, that they knew she was listening and were just teasing her. But, she could see their faces, knew that they were not acting and knew that they had no idea she was eavesdropping.


“Draco, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize,” Blaise looked at the blond wizard, sighing as he ran his hand over his face, “What are we going to do about this? I want her, you want her. Hell, she probably doesn’t want either of us which means we’re getting upset for no reason. My resolution this year was to finally tell her how I felt because I decided that I’d rather know she wasn’t interested so I could try to move on or find out she did want me so we could be together. I’ve tried to tell her, but she looks at me with those gorgeous eyes and I find myself making some silly remark about class or Head duties because I honestly can’t imagine not having her in my life, not after these last few months. It’s not just infatuation, though I’m not foolish enough to call it love, not yet, but it’s a beginning, it could be love. Merlin, I *am* pathetic.”


“You’ll hear no arguments from me,” Draco drawled softly, still rather embarrassed about his emotional outburst, knowing that it was entirely out of character for him and thankful that Blaise was the one to witness his breakdown. He was just so frustrated and tired of feeling like a coward and, he had to admit, it felt good to get it all out like that, to put his feelings into words. True, he hoped such a display of emotions didn’t happen again for another eighteen years or so, but it did feel like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.


“You’re not helping, prat.”


“Be nice or I won’t tell you my idea,” Draco taunted, feeling a bit more in control now.


“I sincerely doubt I want to hear it anyway,” Blaise said suspiciously. He arched a brow as he asked, “You promise that she won’t get hurt?”


“She won’t even know about it,” Draco smiled, “we are Slytherins, after all, so deviousness is second nature to us. If things go as planned, she’ll never realize there was a plan.”


“Why do I always feel nervous when you start reciting the rules of Slytherin?” Blaise asked dryly, his lips curving into a slight smile as he saw the smug expression on his friend’s face. It was times like these that he felt the need to snog the blond senseless, their sexual relationship casual but fulfilling.


“And you call yourself a Slytherin,” Draco snorted, “I do believe I shall recommend that you be resorted. I think Hufflepuff has a place for you.”


“What’s your ingenious plan, Malfoy?” Blaise asked as he leaned back in his chair, “she’ll be getting back from Hogsmeade before you ever get around to sharing it.”


“It’s not exactly a plan,” Draco smiled smugly, “more like a wager.”


“A wager?” Blaise frowned, “A bet? You want us to make a bet about Hermione?”


“Yes,” Draco nodded, “winner gets Hermione.”


“No,” Blaise refused, shaking his head, “I am not going to bet you over her. That’s low even for you, Malfoy!”


“Love you too, Zabini,“ Draco echoed Blaise’s earlier statement, a smug smile on his lips as he said, “You haven’t heard the wager yet.”


“I don’t want to hear it,” Blaise shook his head, “why don’t we just talk to her and let her choose?”


“And face rejection?” Draco looked at him in horror, “Merlin, Blaise, that’s an awful idea!”


“As opposed to a wager?” Blaise snickered, “Fine, what is your big idea? I know you’ll sulk if I don’t at least pretend to listen.”


Hermione’s eyes widened as she heard them discussing her affection in connection with a bet. Those brainless little twats were planning to make a bet regarding which of them got her, as if she was some sort of prize. While a part of her that embraced her independence and was all for feminism was snarling and glaring at them through the crack in the door, another part of her was excited and aroused at the knowledge that two of the best looking wizards at this school were competing for her affection. It did wonders to her self-esteem, that was certain. Ever since she had realized that they both had feelings for her, she had been lost in a debate over which one she liked the most.


She really cared about Blaise, could honestly see them being a perfect match in so many ways, but she had grown to like Draco, too, which made it impossible to choose. She was also still partially dwelling on Draco’s comment about the three of them together, the looks the two wizards shared causing her to be rather curious about just how close they really were. True, she had had her suspicious that they might be lovers, knowing that Draco stayed over quite a lot and that they would sometimes share these sexy smiles that caused the room to heat up, but she had never had confirmation. She continued to watch them, a bit curious as to Draco’s plan even as she felt the urge to hex him for even suggesting something so immature.


“It’s really quite simple,” Draco declared, “whoever seduces her first gets to keep her.”


“Seduces her?” Blaise ran his tongue over his bottom lip, his eyes darkening as he imagined all too easily the curvy brunette witch beneath him in his bed, or on top, or in front…he wasn’t particularly choosy on the position just as long as they were both naked and pleasuring each other.


“Seduces,” Draco purred, his eyes gleaming with desire as he shifted on the sofa, “She’s not likely to let anyone into her knickers unless she cares about him or thinks she could love him so we simply allow her to choose.”


“That’s it? That’s your big plan?” Blaise stared at the blond as he thought, “it sounds rather silly, if you ask me.”


“Why am I friends with you?” Draco muttered, annoyed that Blaise was belittling his plan.


“Because I’m prettier than you are,” Blaise replied with a smug smile, his expression turning serious as he said, “I don’t see how seducing her changes anything. She still wouldn’t know that we both fancied her and she’d have no idea that we were being so devious about winning her affections. I don’t like it. She could get hurt if she did find out and, honestly, it just seems too underhanded even for a Slytherin. I care about Hermione and I have no intention of attempting to get her into bed just to have a chance at loving her. I’d rather talk to her and tell her, well, explain that I, well, hope that we can still be friends even if she doesn’t feel the same way.”


“Who are you and what have you done to Blaise Zabini?” Draco asked as he stared at his friend. “You’re sounding like a sappy, lovesick fool, and, trust me, it is not attractive. Where is the confident and self-assured Slytherin that knows what he wants and goes after it? Where is the competitive wizard that loves to win even as he hides the smugness behind indifference?”


“Those were games, Draco. This, Hermione, she means more to me than just another one of your silly games,” Blaise shrugged, “Believe me, I am not overly thrilled being so pathetic, but I’ve found that I rather enjoy the romantic aspects of my personality. I hadn’t realized they existed until I met her and I find them rather enjoyable.”


“It’s not a silly game,” Draco protested, “it’s the only way either of us has a fair shot at pursuing her. It’s obvious she is smitten with you. You’re a bloody God, with that soft curly hair and those remarkable eyes, and that flirty charming behavior and your perfect golden complexion and brilliant mind and witty sarcasm that she finds amusing instead of rude and condescending. You’re also in almost all her classes and you share this common room with her. It’s bloody unfair to expect me to have a chance at winning her heart when she still thinks of me as that evil little bastard that tormented her for years. This would give us an equal chance at pursuing her. She might hate me, but her body likes me. If I can get close to her, if I could get a chance, I might be able to rid her mind of that prejudiced git that I was for so long.”


“You’re still a wicked bastard,” Blaise reminded him with a slight smile, “and you’re wrong. Hermione doesn’t still think of you like that. If she did, there is no way that she’d study with you or tolerate you being here all the time. You are who you are Draco. She knows that, acknowledges the good and the bad. Besides, you’re the handsome sexy bad boy that all the good girls seem to adore and I’m the good friend and confidant. I don’t even know if she could think of me in that way anymore. Merlin, she probably considers me like Potty and Weasel, like some brotherly friend, while you are the rude prat with the sexy smirk that can always stir her passions whenever you argue.”


“So seduction would put us both on a level field,” Draco pointed out, “you can be charming and witty and I can stir her passions and whomever she chooses gets to keep her with no argument from the loser. I want to win, Blaise, but I’m not going to lose you over this.”


“Ah, Malfoy, didn’t know you cared,” Blaise smiled affectionately at the blond, moving his foot to push Draco’s leg, “you’re not gonna lose me, you silly wanker. We’re best friends.”


“With benefits,” Draco smirked as his eyes moved over Blaise’s lanky form.


“With benefits,” Blaise nodded, “so you really think this is a good idea?”


“Of course. It’s *my* idea,” Draco smirked, seeing that Blaise was wavering, his eyes narrowing as he said, “Why don’t we make it more interesting?”


“How?”


“The winners gets the loser as a slave for two months,” Draco suggested, his tongue wetting his upper lip as his eyes caught Blaise’s, “nothing like that, Zabini. Merlin, and you say I’m the kinky one.”


“It’s always the quiet ones, Malfoy,” Blaise reminded Draco with a smirk. It was one of his favorite sayings, something he would often tell Hermione when she’d be surprised by something he said or did, something he imagined uttering to her as he drove her body made with desire.


“Tease,” Draco drawled as he caught Blaise’s foot in his hand, preventing it from moving any further up his body. “As I was saying, the loser is available for two months to do whatever the winner wants. A toy, if you will.”


“I always knew you were rather fond of being dominated, but I hadn’t realized you aspired to be my play toy, Draco,” Blaise smiled smugly, “Whatever would your Daddy say if he could hear you conspiring to seduce a Muggleborn witch that is best friends with Potter himself and planning to be my toy for two months?”


“Knowing my Father, he’d roll his eyes and ask why we simply didn’t share her and scold me for not being Slytherin enough to have such a mature and sinful relationship before reminding me to play nicely,” Draco decided, seeing Blaise’s arched brow and smiling smugly, “Do you really think Severus spends so much free time at the Manor because he likes the decorations? It would appear that I take after my Father in more ways than expected. Though, as pretty as Mum is, I do believe I have much better taste. Hermione, even as a Muggleborn, is ravishing and passionate and intelligent and you, as we have all ready discussed, are most likely descended from Gods.”


“I fear I’ve been scarred for life,” Blaise shuddered, “How am I supposed to sit in Potions now?”


Draco shrugged, a grimace crossing his face, “Trust me, I wish I had never found out. I came across them in the dining room, on the bloody table where we eat our meals! I’ve not been able to eat at the table since.”


“We shall never again speak of Snape and sex again,” Blaise decreed, wishing now that he had not teased Draco about Lucius’ reaction.


“Agreed,” Draco nodded emphatically. “So, where were we?”


“Agreeing to the terms of the challenge,” Blaise said, admitting, “I’m still not certain that this is a good idea.”


“You think too much,” Draco smiled smugly, “Whichever one of us seduces Hermione first gets to keep her and the lose will then become our play toy for two months.”


“You do realize that, if I happen to win, I shan’t be needing a play toy?” Blaise remarked, “As understanding as Hermione is, I highly doubt she’d accept that her new boyfriend was also having sex occasionally with his best friend.”


“I don’t know,” Draco arched a brow, “she might enjoy watching. She is such a studious girl and loves to learn new things. Besides, as you’re oft to remind me, it’s always the quiet ones.”


“Now you decide to actually listen to me,” Blaise muttered as he shifted in the chair, his cock hard from the visions Draco’s words brought to his mind.


“I always listen,” Draco smirked, “I just rarely agree. In this case, however, I believe there is some truth to your words. So, do we have a deal?”


“As much as I may regret this,” Blaise shook his head and smiled, “we have a deal.”


“Shall we seal the bargain?” Draco asked as his eyes moved over Blaise’s lips, desire flashing in their gray depths.


“Of course,” Blaise gracefully stood and leaned over, his lips brushing against Draco’s. Tongues touched before he pulled back, his thumb tracing the curve of the blond wizard’s thin lips, “Hermione will be back soon so maybe we should move this to my room.”


“Perhaps we should just allow her to catch us shagging and then ask her to join us,” Draco smiled wickedly, “I find that idea very arousing.”


“Don’t tempt me,” Blaise groaned as Draco’s hand moved over the bulge in his trousers.


“I love tempting you,” Draco said innocently, his hand squeezing Blaise’s hardening cock.


Blaise pulled Draco off the sofa and kissed him, their lips crashing against each other, the kiss rough and needy as Blaise moved them towards his room. While he found the idea Hermione joining them exciting and arousing and pretty much his greatest fantasy, he somehow doubted that the brunette witch would agree to such a thing, even if she did find one or both of them attractive. She was unpredictable and daring, but he tended to believe that coming into the room and finding him and Draco having sex would probably shock her and guarantee that neither of them had a chance at winning her heart. When they reached his room, he kicked the door shut and pushed Draco onto his bed, a wicked smile crossing his handsome face as the two lovers began to forget about everything except each other.


Hermione sat on the floor, her cheeks flushed, her breathing erratic, and that was just from witnessing one kiss. Well, she definitely had her proof that there was something besides just friendship between the two gorgeous wizards. Holy fucking hell, that had been the most erotic thing she’d ever seen in her life. They were sexy as hell, dark and light, Draco’s pale flesh against Blaise’s golden skin.


She squirmed as she imagined what they must be doing next door, moaning softly as she realized that she wanted to watch them together, wanted to sit and watch them shag. Draco knew her well, the sneaky bastard. She quietly got up and moved from her room, sneaking out before either of them realized she had been there listening. Once she was in the hallway, she hurried to the front door, knowing she needed to get to Hogsmeade before Harry and Ron started worrying.


After she was outside, she began to reflect on everything she had just heard and seen during her walk to Hogsmeade. The two boys she liked both liked her and wanted her. Instead of being forced to choose, they both seemed to find the idea of sharing her arousing, as did she. Merlin, she was turning into a wanton hussy, seriously contemplating having a relationship with both of them. She had never had a relationship before, focused on her studies and helping Harry, and here she was thinking she could honestly attempt a complicated relationship involving her and two gorgeous Pureblood wizards.


Of course, a nagging voice in her mind reminded her, Lucius, Narcissa, and Snape didn’t seem to have any problems with their twisted relationship. She wondered how Narcissa had decided which one to marry if she did love them both, though Hermione had to admit that she had a preference for Blaise so that might have been the case with Narcissa. She would have felt sorry for Snape but realized he was probably happier than she’d have thought.


Blaise and Draco had made a bet regarding seducing her, the prize being the loser as a toy and her. She couldn’t believe they’d actually bet over which one could seduce her! The very idea was outrageous and so typically male, she thought crossly. As she walked, she continued to think. A sly smile suddenly crossed her lips. They wanted to play their silly game and make their immature wagers instead of just telling her how they felt. That was fine. She had always had a fondness for games for herself. A wicked gleam entered her coffee colored eyes as she walked, a plan of action slowly being devised in her brilliant mind.


She might not be in Slytherin, but she knew that she was as sneaky and as cunning as any in that House and had the advantage of being aware of their bet. She had to admit that she did want them both. Call her greedy or selfish or just smart, but it was the truth. It definitely didn’t seem like they’d have any problems sharing judging from what they had been discussing and by that steamy kiss and the glimpses of flesh she’d seen as hands had moved over hard bodies, her eyes glazing slightly as her cheeks flushed from the memory.


Recollecting her thoughts, she focused on her plan. Unbeknownst to them, she was going to play their game, she was going to accept the bet that was issued since, technically, she had been there listening and no specific name was mentioned. Of course, if her plan worked, she didn’t think they’d be too upset about her eavesdropping. Oh yes, she smiled smugly as her eyes gleamed with anticipation and arousal, she’d play with their game all right. Winner takes all.