No Looking Back

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
June 1999

Willow looked at the remains of the high school, her arms tightening around her body as she remembered that horrible night. Graduation. The day of death to many of her classmates. She looked over at Buffy and saw the blonde looking at the charred remains of their school with an almost nostalgic look. She looked at the place where Xander should have been, but she knew that by now her old friend was probably already out of California on his road trip across America. He had left as soon as he was sure that they were all all right, giving her a goofy smile and telling her that he'd be back sometime soon. She had known, though, looking into his dark eyes, that he would not return. He was going to get as far away from Sunnydale as he could. She already missed him.

Her eyes found Giles, who was rummaging through the debris to see if there was anything left saving. He had resigned from the council and now had nothing to do. He had mentioned to her that he was considering moving to London and simply getting away from America. She was going to miss him. Buffy was leaving also. After almost killing Faith, her friend had decided that it was time to try to live a normal life. Willow somehow doubted that it would last long. Buffy would be slaying again in due time, she was sure. Slaying was her friend's destiny and running would not change that. Buffy would find that out in time, Willow was sure. Until then, her best friend was packing to move to Atlanta of all places.

Angel had left for parts unknown once everyone was settled. He knew that Buffy was leaving and Willow figured he had no interest in staying in Sunnydale without her. She knew that they would both move on, their love something that was not meant to be, but it hurt her to see them in such pain. Cordelia had left that morning. Surprisingly, the brunette had asked Willow to take her to the airport. After almost dying during the graduation ceremonies, they had spent some time talking and crying and claiming to become better friends. Cordy had gone to LA, dreaming of becoming an actress. For her friend's sake, Willow wished her luck. They were all leaving, the sooner the better in their words.

Willow herself had no plans on leaving Sunnydale. This was her home, regardless of the evil that lurked in its shadows. She at least knew what she was facing here. In another town, she would be scared to death to ever leave her house at night. No, she was content to remain here and go to school at the local college. Giles assured her that with the mayor's defeat, things would quiet down tremendously. He seemed to believe that the hellmouth had officially been sealed, as did Wesley and the council. She was probably more safe there than she would be anywhere else. She moved towards Buffy who was watching her with a sad little smile. Tonight, Buffy would be on a plane to Georgia. Giles was leaving on the redeye to New York where he would catch another flight to London. This was their last day together and Willow had no intention of spending it moping around by thinking of a future alone.

She went to her join her friends, looking around again at the remains of her high school. She had spent four years in those walls. Four years of memories that would stay with her forever. Some good, some bad, but all of them changing her life. The library was gone. The place she had spent so many days feeling safe. The hallway where Angelus had tried to kill her. Jenny's computer lab. Even Snyder's office. All of it was gone, but it all existed in her mind. There, things would never go away. She would always keep it alive in her memories, but she needed to learn to live in the present and look towards the future. There would be no looking back and no regrets. She had a life to live after all. She smiled at Buffy, "Why don't we get some coffee before your flight leaves?"

"I'd like that," Buffy said, hugging her friend tightly, knowing that once they left the school grounds, nothing in their lives would ever be the same.

********************

March 2003

Wesley looked at the email and sighed, moving his fingers against his temples. "They're coming."

"Fuck no," an irritated voice said, kicking the table.

"It appears that the council has decided to interfere, finally," Wesley said, frowning, his tone bitter. "They've forgotten this hell existed because things have actually gone smoothly the past few years. Now that we have a problem, they're sending someone to clean up the mess."

"I can't believe they're pulling her out of retirement," Faith said, scowling. "Why can't they at least send the new slayer?"

"I'm afraid that the situation requires experience. This could turn into a serious battle, hon. Buffy has the experience as do all her little friends," Wesley reminded her, his sigh betraying his words.

"But, she has no idea about me. None of them do," Faith said, sighing as he moved behind her and began to rub her shoulders. "They all left and never looked back. Why would they give a shit about Sunnydale now? Isn't she happily retired? I mean, she quit the council years ago."

"Whining is not going to make it go away," Wesley said, frowning. "We're going to have to deal with them. All the questions and comments. Damn, Will won't be happy, will she?"

Faith snorted, "That's an understatement. She's going to be royally pissed. All her little friends ran out on her years ago and never bothered to call. I mean, a couple of postcards from Xander during the summer and a few calls from the cheerleader and then nothing. The forget she and this place exist and now they're being called in to save the day like some fucking cavalry. She is not going to be happy at all about them being forced on us."

"I was afraid you'd say that," Wesley said, sighing. "This entire situation is getting out of control. I really wish that we had had the chance to stake Mattias before it became the council's problem."

"He'll go down," Faith said, grinning wryly, "sooner or later. He's nuts and he plans to take over this town. You know we can't let that happen. We've put too much into keeping this town alive."

"Even if keeping it alive means working with Buffy and the others?" Wesley asked.

"Even if it means making a deal with them. Hell, we've made deals with far worse," Faith reminded him with a smile as she thought over the past three and a half years since she had woken up from her coma to find Wesley still waiting for her. Over the years, they had been through a lot of shit, falling in love somewhere along the way. He grounded her in a way that she desperately needed while she added much needed excitement to his life. He was their calming influence.

"Yeah, that we have," Wesley said, smiling as he let his hand drift down to her breast. She moaned as she covered his hand with hers.

"I don't want to be the one to tell Will," Faith said, leaning up to bring his head down. Their mouths met as they forgot about the impending arrival of Buffy and the others.

********************

"I can't believe we're back here," Xander said as they entered the living room of the large house they had been sent to. As per the council's instructions, the front door had been unlocked and neither vampire had had trouble gaining admittance. He glanced around the large room, a frown on his face. He hated being back in Sunnydale.

"Why are we here again?" Cordelia asked, frowning as she shifted in place. She hated Sunnydale and had vowed to never return.

"Because, the council called and insisted we were needed," Buffy said, not very happy to be back here herself. She had moved on with her life, met a nice guy and was engaged. She did still fight evil though, and Giles had even moved back to the States from London to become her mentor again. She had run into Xander one day after arriving in Atlanta and he had stayed to help out. She had kept in touch with Angel, who had moved to LA and met up with Cordelia. Spike had joined his sire within a year and actually helped them fight evil in LA. Often, the two groups would meet to fight a particularly bad evil that threatened either town. That was how the group from LA had been drafted into helping out in Sunnydale when the council had phoned.

"Does anyone know what we are supposed to be facing here?" Angel asked, glancing at his old lover and her friends. He had received the call from Buffy not three days before, asking him for their help. Spike, as always, had been rather vocal in his desire not to help the slayer, but had finally agreed when learning that it would just be Sunnydale and not Atlanta. Angel was glad his lover had finally relented, knowing he would have felt guilty turning Buffy down, but also knowing that he would have done so for Spike.

"No clue," Giles said, shrugging. "From what I was told, the council has maintained contacts in town and there has been a development that the council believes will be a great threat. Thus, we were called due to our prior experience with this area."

"Just fucking great," Spike cursed, not liking this place anymore than he had the first time he had been to this hellmouth. He glanced at Angel and cursed his sire and himself. Only for that damned poof would he be sitting here helping the damn slayer. He sniffed the air, scowling at the strange scent. It was so many odors mixed together that it confused him. He again glanced at Angel, noticing a similar look of intrigue on his sire's face.

"Why don't we tell the council where to go?" Xander asked again. He enjoyed living in Atlanta. Rarely thought of Sunnydale unless it was in nightmares. He had lost touch with Willow years before when one of his letters was returned from Sunnydale. It had said no resident at that address. He knew she must have gotten out, gotten away from Sunnydale finally. She had always been the smart one.

"Because, we fight evil," Buffy said, frowning. She had retired years ago, but still fought for good. Only she would finally get away from her destiny to find herself wanting to perform her chosen duty. She smiled slightly, speaking the words she knew were true. "We can't tell them no."

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Faith asked, walking into her living room and looking around the room lazily.

"Faith?" Buffy whispered the name, her eyes disbelieving as she watched the slayer walk into the living room. She had thought that the brunette must have died, or was still in the coma. She flinched as she remembered the last time she had seen Faith. She shook her head slightly, forcing away the memories.

"Buffy, long time no see," Faith said, smiling at the surprised look on their faces.

********************

"Faith?" Buffy said again, sitting down and staring open mouthed at the girl she had last seen laying in a coma. The girl that was now standing in this living room, looking a bit too comfortable. She got an uneasy feeling as she suddenly realized just who the council's Sunnydale connection truly was. Faith was back.

"Do you really like saying my name for some reason or are you just happy to see me?" Faith asked with a smirk, watching in satisfaction as the blonde stiffened. She wasn't too happy about them being there, but she did love to get to Buffy.

"Faith, enough," Wesley said, smiling as he entered the room. He moved behind her, his arm snaking around her waist. He kissed her softly before looking up at the others. "I trust your trip was safe? Everyone traveled well?" He aimed the latter question towards Spike and Angel.

"Wesley? I hadn't realized you were still here," Giles said, trying not to show his surprise at the kiss between Wesley and Faith. It seemed the other watcher had taken his role past the point of propriety.

"I never left," Wesley said, his tone curt. He held no ill feelings towards the

"So, you turned good again," Cordelia said, studying Faith, "Plus you're fucking your watcher. So lovely to be back in Sunnyhell."

"Ah, we missed you too Princess," Faith said, smiling at the girl as she mentally noted the changes in not only the cheerleader but in all of them. She glanced at Angel and looked away guiltily. Well, not all of them.

"Why exactly are we here?" Angel asked, trying to keep his voice even. He had not seen Faith since she had tried to kill him, several years ago. He could see a difference in her though she appeared to have hardly changed. She still had the same strength that he had admired, but now she seemed to have finally gained control of her power.

"A vampire by the name of Mattias," Wesley said, moving to take a seat. He sighed, making a face. "Things have been almost peaceful here the past three and a half years. There is a master, but there is an arrangement of sorts between us and the vampires. We kill them if we catch them, if we don't, well, they don't feed recklessly. Mattias has decided that he would like to take over the town. He is making threats and throwing his weight around, and we fear blood shall be shed soon."

"You've made a deal with a master?" Buffy said, surprised.

"Yes. Trust me, sweets, it was that or have Sunnydale literally go to hell," Faith said, remembering what the town had been like when she had woken from her coma not three months after Buffy and the others had left. It had been dangerous to even be outside at night. Demons roaming around without worry. Vampires fighting each other for control of the town. Humans scared to death of crack addicted gangs and not leaving their homes after dark.

"The current master is several hundred years old," Wesley explained. "There is a maturity in the leadership. An intelligence in looking towards the future and a logic in the rule. Mattias is also several hundred years old but he's completely insane. Comparing the two, well, there is no comparison. We would be much happier with the current master over Mattias. We will not allow Mattias to defeat the current master, but for some silly reason the council has decided we need help insuring that fact."

"Why not kill them both?" Xander asked, surprised to see Wesley actually speak without hesitating.

"Because, some nut crazier than Mattias would attempt to take over and we'd be back in hell," Faith said sharply. Stupid moronic twits.

"So, what you are saying is that we have been asked by the council to come here and aid a master vampire in keeping control of Sunnydale?" Giles asked, surprised but intrigued by the idea.

"That sums it up," Faith said, sitting on the edge of Wesley's seat. "And I won't tell you that the master is going to welcome your help. Probably won't actually. But, we got to use you. Mattias doesn't have many minions. Most of them are loyal to the current master. But, he's unpredictable. We need to take care of him before he gets some silly war started."

"You don't think your current master would win?" Spike asked, thinking it rather ridiculous that they had been forced into helping some vampire keep control of the damn town. And by the council no less.

"There is not a doubt in my mind that Mattias would fall," Wesley said, his words sincere. "But, many innocent people would be brought into this war. We can not simply sit by and allow that to happen."

"If this master doesn't even want our help, why should we help him?" Xander asked. "I mean, we can take care of this Mattias guy and then let you all deal with this master guy."

"Kill then leave?" Faith said, her tone slightly bitter. "Good at that, aren't you Harris?"

"What is your problem?" Buffy demanded, glaring at Faith. "If I recall, you were the evil one last time I checked. You almost helped the Mayor destroy this town and kill us all. So, don't sit there and be so damn judgmental because we want to take care of this and get back to our lives as soon as possible."

"Bravo," Faith said, clapping. "Should I cry or simply sniffle?"

"Faith," Wesley warned, not wanting some huge argument started.

"Oh come on," Faith said, looking at her lover. "They ran and left you to clean up their mess. Hell, they didn't even stay a week after Wilkins was killed. They've never called to check on things. They have no idea what happened to this place after they left."

"The hellmouth was closed upon Wilkins death," Giles said, looking between them both, trying to understand what was not being said. "There should have been some time that demons stayed away due to the aura around the place."

Faith snorted, "You should have tried telling them all that."

"Faith," Wesley's tone was warning. She glanced at him and smiled, knowing not to say anything further. He glanced at Giles and nodded, "So, will you assist us or run along back to Atlanta and L.A.?"

"We'll fight," Buffy said, not letting Faith run her out of town.

"Oh joy," Faith said, rolling her eyes as she smiled sweetly at Wesley's amused look.

Spike watched the reaction of Bitchy at Faith's words and had to laugh, "I think I rather like this chit."

********************

Faith looked at the unfamiliar blonde, knowing that he was Spike, the vampire she had heard so much about from several different people. She had to smile looking into his amused blue eyes. He hated Buffy as much as she did. "I think I'll take that as a compliment, Blondie."

"Ahem," Wesley cleared his throat, raising an eyebrow as he glanced at his lover. He saw her smile and rolled his eyes. "Flirt."

Faith shrugged, "What can I say? He's hot."

Spike laughed at her words, noticing Angel frown. "This girl has taste."

"Before this turns into a circus, I have to make sure," Wesley said, "Are you in?"

"We're in," Xander said, making a face. He wanted to be back in Atlanta living his life instead of facing some crazy vampire that wanted to destroy a town he had tried to forget years before.

"I'll call them," Faith said softly to Wesley, getting to her feet and heading towards the phone. She remembered the day before when they had told Will that Buffy and the others had been called in to save the day. The redhead had not been happy, as she had predicted. According to Will, they didn't need anyone to save them and she had been very vocal in where she thought the council could stick the idea. Faith had to smile as she remembered the fire in her Will's eyes.

"Who's she calling?" Cordelia asked, a frown on her pretty face.

"The master. You shall all have to meet to decide on a course of action," Wesley said, his tone matter of fact.

"You let him come here?" Giles asked in disbelief.

"The master is always welcome here," Faith said, pausing to glare at them.

"There is no chance of harm," Wesley said, rolling his eyes as he saw the concern for their lives on their faces.

"A master vampire allowed access to your home and there is no threat? We're sleeping here you know," Buffy said, wondering what the hell was wrong with them both.

"Yes, so the council informed us," Wesley said, his tone giving no doubts to his opinions on that subject.

"They're coming," Faith said, hanging up. "Said give them half an hour."

"Them?" Angel asked. "The master and his mate, I assume?"

"You assume correctly, Deadboy," Faith said, grinning. "So, we have half an hour. If you'll excuse us, I'm going to take Wesley upstairs and fuck his brains out until they arrive. Have fun."

"I think I may be sick," Xander muttered watching Faith and Wesley leave the room and head upstairs.

"That is just weird," Buffy said, disgust on her face. "I mean, Faith was evil. She was bad. Why would she be protecting Sunnydale?"

"People change as they grow older," Giles reasoned. "Maybe her coma forced her to mature. Stranger things have happened."

"Yeah, well, this all sounds weird to me. Trusting a master vampire...inviting him into your house. Surely the council has no idea," Buffy said.

"Actually, it is very likely that it was their idea," Giles said. "There are many instances where a vampire has become an ally of the council to protect certain areas that pose a threat on humans."

"I've heard stories about it myself," Spike said, glancing at Angel. "You remember that guy in Portugal?"

"Yeah...he was a member of the council, so to speak. Kept the bad elements out of town and he had free reign," Angel remembered. "But, they have a slayer and a watcher here. I would think that if things had calmed down as you proposed that they must have, they would not need an agreement with a master."

The group continued to discuss ideas and theories for half an hour. Soon, they heard Wesley and Faith coming back downstairs. Faith was arguing with him, their whispers too low for even the vampires to hear. They entered the room, glaring at each other.

"Would anyone care for something to drink?" Wesley asked. He glanced at Spike and Angel, "We have a variety of blood in the fridge, if either of you are thirsty."

"You keep blood in the fridge?" Cordelia said, shuddering.

"Well, you see, this is not exactly our home," Wesley stuttered, glancing at Faith who was smirking. He had thought it better not to mention this detail until things had been sorted out. She had insisted that it would come out sooner. He hated when she was right.

"It's not?" Giles asked, frowning.

"It is but it's not," Faith said, sitting down and snuggling into her chair. "The master owns it but we live here."

"Good God! This is the master's home?" Buffy said, groaning.

"The master does not reside here quite all of the time," Wesley explained. "It is sort of a getaway for when things get loud at the main mansion."

"Oh great. A master's vacation home and we're spending at least a week here," Xander muttered.

"Actually, they live in the North wing but were kind of enough to take over rooms at the other house, where the rest of the family lives so as not make you uncomfortable," Wesley said, frowning. "I'm sure if they are aware of how distasteful the idea is to you for them to reside here, they will be back tonight."

"Great," Cordelia said, shuddering. "I already have to put up with the two undead love birds over there. Trust me when I say the only thing that gets me through that is because they are such gorgeous men. Two more undead lovers? That is just a bit too much."

"A bit presumptuous aren't you?" Faith asked.

"What?" Cordelia asked, irritation in her eyes.

"Why, that they would even want you to watch?" Faith said, smiling. Suddenly, she stood, a soft smile crossing her face. "They're here."

"Oh good," Wesley said, glad to have friendly faces to look to for support. It was rather like facing a firing squad, answering all these questions.

"Ru! You look beautiful," Faith said, moving to hug the brunette as she entered the living room.

"Was the trip over safe?" Wesley asked, concern etched on his face as he remembered all too well that Mattias was lurking around Sunnydale.

Drusilla pulled away from Faith and smiled at Wesley. "It was uneventful, dearie."

"Drusilla?" Spike spoke her name softly, not believing that it was her. He felt Angel stiffen beside him as they stared at the beautiful vampire.

Drusilla looked at him and smiled, her face lighting up. "Spikey! and Daddy! What are you two doing here?"

"We've come to help the master fight this Mattias guy," Angel said, wondering why he had not felt his bond with his childe. He should have felt her as soon as he arrived in town, yet there had been nothing except the pull to Spike.

"You're helping?" Dru asked, glancing at Faith and scolding playfully, "Naughty slayer. You did not mention them when you spoke of that nasty old bitch."

"Didn't know they'd be here," Faith explained, rolling her eyes at Dru's antics. She had gotten used to the woman over the years, recognizing the act easily now. Dru's ability to play insane and child like had been what had helped keep her in power for three and a half years and Faith had to respect the woman's gift at easily sliding into that role when needed. Now, though, she could see that Drusilla had no intentions of playing. Faith smiled, deciding that this could be quite interesting.

"So, you're this guy's mate?" Buffy asked, wondering how she was supposed to work with Drusilla. Faith was bad enough, but Dru? The woman was nuts.

"Guy?" Dru asked, confusion in her eyes as she looked to Wesley for some clue as to what the blonde was speaking of.

"The master," Faith said, smiling slightly as she watched Ru's face.

Drusilla laughed, looking at Buffy in surprise, "Why you silly little girl. I'm the master."

********************

"No bloody way!" Spike said, not believing her words. He couldn't fathom the idea that Drusilla of all people could be a master. She had never been able to feed without someone making sure she got in before dawn. There was no way she was a leader and especially not on the Hellmouth. This had to be some sick joke.

"Yes, way," she replied, giggling as she saw the surprise in both his and her sire's eyes. She had always wondered what their reactions would be if they could see her now. She smiled, realizing that stunned surprise had never been an emotion she had seen in either of them. She had almost rendered them speechless. For Spike, that was an amazing task.

"How?" Angel asked. "You couldn't control this town...."

"You don't know me," Drusilla said, her eyes flashing slightly from his insinuation. "You've never known me. Don't deny it," she said, seeing the objection in his eyes before he spoke. "You never knew me. You both saw me as you wanted to see me, and I had no objections to that. I knew if I didn't need you, you might leave me. I couldn't stand the idea of being alone, so I allowed you to see me as you wanted to see me. But no more. I am Drusilla, master of Sunnydale. Deal with it."

"She's good," Wesley said, having seen her in the act. "She's the one that saved us in the beginning.....if she hadn't arrived when she had....well, I shudder to think what would have happened to this place."

"She saved you?" Spike asked, still frowning. He had to admit that he could sense the changes in her. She held a lot of power before, but now, well, it came off her in waves. Her eyes were no longer clouded by insanity but instead held intelligence with just a wee bit of something unreadable. She seemed completely in control and confident. She looked absolutely beautiful.

"Long boring story that need not be explained," Wesley said, flinching as he remembered those three months without any sense of leadership in Sunnydale. He and Willow had done all that they could, forming a strong bond in the process, but it wasn't until Faith had woken up and Dru had come to town that things started to calm down for them both. They finally found their proper mates and things had fallen into place.

"If it helps us understand how she became a master here, I'd like to hear it. Boring or long be damned," Buffy said, still watching Drusilla carefully.

"I killed the right people," Drusilla said simply, knowing that Wesley did not wish to live in the past. None of them did. They always concentrated on the present and the future. "I took over. Rather simple actually."

"Like anything you do is simple, Ru," Faith said, smiling. She frowned, "Hey, where's Will?"

"Why? Did you miss me?" a playful voice asked from the doorway.

Faith smiled, "Always, babe. You know the party never starts till you arrive." Faith let her eyes wander over Willow's lithe form, taking in the black jeans and bright red shirt that molded against the girl's pert breasts. "Looking good, Red."

Drusilla looked up and smiled as her mate entered the room. She had felt Willow when the redhead had entered the room, but she knew her love was having trouble She took her hand, "Is everything ok, Bella?"

Willow looked up and smiled, "Always, lover." She brushed her lips against Dru's before looking at Faith and Wesley. "Sorry I'm late. I needed a walk before coming in here."

"I understand," Faith said quietly, glancing at Buffy and the others.

"Willow?" Xander said softly, taking in the red hair that fell past her shoulders. Her green eyes glanced at him, and he drew in a breath at the coldness in them. He watched as she scowled, her eyes flickering with several different emotions, almost changing colors as she turned her head away from him, dismissing him almost. He frowned, wondering what had happened to her and why she was still in Sunnydale.

"Sit lovey," Dru said, watching her mate's face as the redhead struggled with everything happening. They had stayed up most of the afternoon discussing the arrival of Buffy and the others. On one hand, they were upset that the council had chosen such a way to interfere, bringing Buffy in to save the day, as if she had any idea what she might be facing. On another hand, Willow seemed convinced that they could help, but might end up dying in the process. Drusilla honestly didn't care if they were there or not, having no use for them at all. They had left her mate practically alone in Sunnydale, never bothering to insure that she was all right. She had dismissed them from her thoughts at all upon learning what had happened after graduation. They were not important enough for her to concern herself with. But, if they upset Willow, they would die. It was quite simple really. No one hurt Willow and survived. If they stayed, they might be some help. If they chose not to help, she'd allow them to leave Sunnydale with their lives. Either way, she was indifferent as long as they left her and her own alone. She sat and pulled Willow down beside her. "It will be fine, Willow. Everything will go smoothly."

"No looking back," Willow whispered before sitting beside her mate, her hand tightening around Dru's as she let out a held in breath. She smiled at Drusilla, "You are always too positive, Ru. What am I going to do with you?"

Drusilla laughed, proud of her mate. "I'm sure I could think of several suggestions if you allow me enough time." She brushed her lips gently against Willow's, deepening the kiss when she felt her mate pressing against her in need. She could feel the tension in the redhead and brushed her hand reassuringly against Willow's back.

"I think I missed something," Buffy said softly, glancing at her stunned friends before looking back at the redhead resting in Dru's arms as the two females shared a rather tender kiss.

********************

Faith heard Buffy's words and snorted, "You've missed a hell of a lot, Blondie. Tend to when you run away."

"Faith," Wesley started, finally sighing when he realized it would no good to chastise her. She rarely listened to him anyway. He loved her dearly, but she was stubborn.

Faith glanced at him, feeling almost guilty for arguing with Buffy. She had promised that she'd leave the blond alone. Now, not even an hour after their arrival, she was picking at the girl. "What? It's true."

"I did not run away," Buffy said, frowning. "The hellmouth was closed after Wilkin's death. I quit the council and left. Hell, I even called Willow several times after moving, asking her to join me in Atlanta. How is that running away?"

"Whatever," Faith said, knowing it was useless to fight. They all wanted to believe that things were bright and wonderful after the mayor's death, so let them. She knew the truth but there was no point in looking back and bring up past memories. "It isn't worth arguing with you over it."

"What the hell is your problem?" Buffy demanded, trying to make sense of the things she had seen. Willow involved with Drusilla. Faith involved with Wesley. All these references back to the summer she had left.

"Listen here you self centered little bitch," Faith began, deciding that if Buffy wanted to fight, she could fight.

"Enough," the word was spoken softly but with authority.

Faith closed her mouth, looking at the pretty redhead that had spoken. She saw the look on Willow's face and sighed, "Sorry, Red."

Willow smiled slightly, glancing at Wesley, "Darling, you must see about getting her a leash. There are times that she is reminiscent of a rabid dog."

Wesley laughed at Faith's growl of disapproval, "But, love, it is usually when defending you. Would you wish to change that loyalty?"

Willow got to her feet, shaking her head, "You're right, as always. I'd hate to leash her power."

"I would lean more towards a muzzle myself," Drusilla said lazily, her dark eyes watching her mate walk towards the slayer and watcher. "She rarely thinks before she speaks."

"Love you too, Ru," Faith said, sticking her tongue out at the vampire.

Dru laughed, "You don't have to tease me with it, honey. I felt it last night."

Willow rolled her eyes, "Crass much, Ru?"

"What?" Dru asked innocently.

Willow laughed as she ran a hand over Faith's cheek. She smiled, catching the slayer's dark eyes. "What has past is past. Leave it where it belongs. We have a job to do at the moment. After Mattias is destroyed, they'll be gone and it will just be the four of us again."

"Promise?" Faith asked softly, moving her face to capture one of Willow's fingers in her mouth. She sucked it into her mouth, her teeth nibbling the flesh as she saw the desire flash in Willow's green eyes.

"Promise," Willow replied, moving her finger and replacing it with her tongue. After a very rough kiss, she pulled away, turning to sit back down beside Dru.

"Wait a minute!" Cordelia squeaked. "You and Willow? What about Willow and Dru?"

Faith smiled at the former cheerleader. "What about them? They are mated, but they share. Besides, I love them. Who does it harm if I enjoy them once in awhile?"

"Wesley for one!" Xander said, knowing that Faith and the former watcher were involved.

Faith laughed, "Hell, he was with Willow first. He had her long before Dru or I were in the picture. True, that had ended by the time I had woken from the coma, but still. They were involved for a bit. I don't really think he minds our playing, as long as he gets to watch once in awhile. And we rarely ignore him."

"I feel like I've fallen into some Playboy version of the Twilight Zone," Xander said under his breath, wondering what the hell had happened after he had left.

Willow heard Xander's words and glanced at him. She began to giggle, finding humor in a situation that was out of her control. True, she had had a relationship with Wesley shortly after graduation. It had lasted several weeks before they realized that it was only because they were so alone that they had gotten together. Shortly after that, Faith and Dru had come into their lives and they had found what they had been searching for. She had become Faith's lover a few years before, with Dru's blessing. She loved Faith, just as she loved Wesley. They were her closest friends and she would do almost anything for them. But, it not nearly as erotic an image as she was sure Xander was painting mentally. Faith joined her and Dru every now and then, usually after a rough patrol. With them, the slayer could be as rough as she wanted and could be fucked as rough as she needed. Wesley was a dear man, but he was rather traditional in his technique. There were just times that Faith needed something that she had no intentions of forcing him to give her. It made their relationship happier and took a strain off. Besides that, Wesley cared deeply for Dru and Willow so he had no fears of losing Faith to them. Everyone was fine with the arrangement. But, now, it sounded almost sordid when speaking of it aloud. She had to giggle to alleviate some of the tension that was filling the room.

Drusilla took Willow's hand and smiled. She looked at the blond slayer, dismissing her in disgust. She then turned her attention to Spike and her sire. They were involved again. She could smell their mixed scents immediately. She was happy for them. Spike had only wanted her because she was all that was left of Angelus. Sure, he had loved her, just as she loved Faith or Wesley. Well, maybe more than that. But, it had been nothing like what she felt for Willow or what he had felt for Angelus. It had been comfortable between them and the shagging had been marvelous. She often wondered if Willow missed not having a man. Of course, the redhead had never had a man, being a virgin before Dru had taken her as a mate. Sure, she had shared some bumbling kisses with the watcher, but it had never gone beyond that during the short time that they had been together. Dru and Faith had been the girl's only lovers. While toys could do the same things as a man, there was a very big difference between plastic and cool flesh. Dru had often considered allowing Willow to take a male lover, as long as she was there to watch and protect her mate. The girl never seemed interested though so Dru never pushed. Now, though, with her own former lovers in town, even for a few weeks, she found her mind drifting over the possibilities. Looking at Willow again, she smiled, deciding it was not the time broach such subjects. If Willow ever found herself attracted to a man, Dru knew that the girl would tell her. Then, and only then, would Dru suggest taking him as a lover. "Have you been told of Mattias?"

"Wesley mentioned a bit about him, yes," Giles said, deciding to ignore the strange relationships that seemed to exist between the four people in front of him. Life was confusing enough without trying to keep track of who was shagging whom. "But we'd like to hear more."

Dru laughed, "I'm afraid he knows as much as I do about Mattias. The man is crazy. Coming from me, I'm sure you can imagine what he must be like. He also wants Sunnydale. Thus, he has become my problem. I'm confident that I could have him dead within a week, if not sooner."

"But, I'm afraid that innocents could get caught in the crossfire," Willow said softly, remembering the previous war between Drusilla and the local masters. So many killed and hurt, but things had been safe for years now. Besides, those bastards had deserved what they had gotten. She flinched, pushing that time away from her mind. "We lost a lot of people years ago, after the Mayor. We can't afford to have more civilians caught in another war."

Buffy caught the hesitation in Willow's voice when she spoke of the time after the Mayor. She frowned, picking up the terms another war and more people lost. What the hell had happened after the mayor's death? She had believed Giles when he had said things would be calm for quite awhile, yet it sounded as if that was not the truth. Looking at Willow, she knew it was not the time to ask. It looked like she'd be doing some research in the morning. She glanced at Angel and Spike and saw them watching everything quietly. Angel met her eyes and nodded, almost as if he knew what she was thinking and agreed with her. There was more to this story than what they were hearing. "Why don't we sort this out tomorrow? I'm tired after that flight and could use some sleep. That way I can look at this problem with a fresh perspective."

"Of course," Drusilla said, moving to stand. "Tomorrow evening we can meet again."

"Night Faith," Willow said, moving to hug her friend. She kissed Wesley's cheek, whispering for him to keep an eye on Faith during the others' stay.

"Night Red. Take care of her, Ru."

"Always," Dru said, taking Willow's hand. She glanced at her sire and Spike and saw the numerous questions in their eyes. Wearily, she shook her head slightly. "Tomorrow, sire."

Angel nodded his consent to allow her to leave, deciding that he could wait for some answers until the next evening.

Xander watched Willow leave, a frown on his face. He hated this. Not knowing what had happened or what had changed her. He sighed, deciding to let it go for now and see what happened. He looked at Faith and said, "So. where do we sleep?"

********************

"Are you ok, bella?" Drusilla asked softly, watching Willow closely.

"I'm fine," Willow said, smiling at her lover. She moved to sit at the bureau, picking up a silver brush that Drusilla had owned for years. She felt a hand on hers and smiled, not seeing the pretty face of her lover reflected in the mirror. She closed her eyes, feeling Dru's cool fingers massaging her scalp as the brush moved through her hair. She had not cut her hair in years except for a trim. It now fell past her shoulders and down half way the middle of her back. In another year, if she continued to allow it to grow, it would fall to her ass. She knew she would cut it before it got that long. She sometimes missed her short hair, remembering when it used to barely brush her shoulders. But, she could admit that she loved feeling her hair around her as she and Drusilla slept. It was comforting in a way.

"That feels good," Willow said, moaning in pleasure.

"Want me to make it all go away?" Drusilla asked, watching Willow's face in the mirror.

Willow laughed softly, "I don't think it will all go away, but I won't complain."

Drusilla smiled, laying the brush on the bureau. She then moved to kneel, moving Willow's chair. She faced the redhead, inhaling the sweet scent of her mate. She brushed her fingers across Willow's knee, listening to the girl's breath catch. Moving her fingers up Willow's thigh, Dru leaned over and brushed her lips along the skin above the redhead's knee.

"Quit teasing," Willow scolded playfully. It had been a very stressful day, knowing that Buffy and her former friends were coming to town. Also having heard rumor about Spike and Angel helping Buffy. She loved Drusilla dearly, not knowing what she would do without her lover. Knowing that Spike and Angel might be there, knowing their history with Dru, well, she had been scared that Dru might leave her for them. Now, she no longer had that fear. Dru was her's as she was Dru's. She wiggled a bit on the chair, trying to make sure Dru knew her eagerness.

"But I love to tease," Drusilla said, laughing as she ran her tongue over Willow's clit. She savored the unique taste of her lover, finding that no matter how many times she tasted Willow, she could still find the flavor so intoxicating. She loved to just spend hours with Willow, making love and holding each other. It was such a nice change of pace from her life before. There was still some pain, both she and Willow loving to blur the thin line.

"Please," Willow said, her voice needy. She wanted to release the tension that had filled her all day.

Drusilla lifted Willow's legs and put them on either side of the chair arms. She then moved her hands behind the redhead, pulling her to the end of the chair. She kept her hands on the girl's tight ass, moving her head forward to give Willow what she needed. Her tongue ran along Willow's slit, her nose brushing against the redhead's swollen nub. She moved her finger along Willow's ass crack, brushing against the tight hole. She heard Willow's moans and smiled, plunging her tongue into the warmth of the girl. She began to push her finger into Willow's ass, moving her tongue along Willow's nub. Drusilla felt Willow's hands in her hair, urging her closer. Soon, the girl's cries could be heard as Drusilla worked her to orgasm.

Willow felt her breath coming in ragged spurts as she felt Dru move and claim her mouth. Their tongues danced as she held onto her lover. She moved her legs, getting to her feet as she and Dru continued to kiss. They tumbled to the bed, their breasts rubbing against each other as Willow's fingers found Dru's damp cunt. They brushed against the vampire's clit, causing Dru to moan underneath Willow. Willow moved her fingers rapidly, knowing that Dru needed to cum. Soon, there was a pain in Willow's neck as Dru's fangs sunk deep. Willow came again, the feel of her lover tasting her blood always managing to make her cum.

"Feel better?" Dru asked softly, licking the blood from her lips. She kissed Willow, not waiting for an answer.

Willow could taste her juices mixed with blood, a familiar taste these past few years. She smiled as she pulled away, moving to lay her head on Drusilla's chest. Her fingers lazily played with the dark brown curls between Dru's legs as she said, "Much better. Love you, Ru."

"You're mine, Bella," Dru said, kissing the top of Willow's head. "I love you, for always."

Willow smiled, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the coolness of Dru's body against her own overheated one. Soon, her fingers slowed as sleep overcame her. She was soon breathing softly, Dru's arms around her body as they both slept.

********************

Willow looked at Faith and frowned. "I hate this time of the month."

Faith had to smile, "The worst part only lasts a day or two. Sucks pretty hard that this time it happened to fall when Bitchy was here, but it should be over soon."

Willow snorted, "Thanks for caring, honey."

"Oh, I care," Faith said, her eyes serious. "Do you think you can handle being around them right now or should we make excuses?"

Willow shrugged, "I think I can handle it. I mean, it's mostly about control. As long as no one makes me angry, I'll be fine."

"No one make you angry?" Wesley said, entering the room and moving towards the women. "A meeting with Buffy and the others and you think that no one will make you angry?"

Willow smiled at him, "I was hoping."

"Not likely," Wesley said, moving to massage her neck. She always got very tense those few days each month, one or two always being far worse, and they had all learned the best way to make things easier on her and themselves. After three and a half years, they had gotten rather good at calming her. "Maybe you should go on patrol tonight with Faith. Leave the gang to me and Drusilla."

"No," Willow said, shaking her head. "I can handle it. It's not like I'd kill anyone."

Faith laughed, "If you decide to start, give me a sec to make a list, ok?"

"I can't believe Ru is going to let you around them tonight," Wesley said, rolling his eyes. This was usually the time of the month that Drusilla was very careful about her mate, keeping her under a watchful eye. He knew that the meeting that evening would be a mess, past experience with trying to get Willow to behave during her time flashing in his mind.

"Wes, babe. Drop it," Willow said, glancing at the handsome former watcher. "I won't kill anyone. I may want to, but I won't. I have control over myself, and you damn well know it."

"I know, Red. But, there are some things about you that they don't know. I know that you don't want to answer questions or explain yourself, so I don't know why you want to risk being around them tonight," he explained. "Tomorrow would even be better, since your cycle will be fading then."

"Drusilla needs me tonight. Faith needs me tonight. Hell, you even need me. Besides, I want to prove to myself that I can handle it. I can be around them and not react. Will that happen?" she smiled wryly, "Probably not. I mean, I've come close to ripping your head off, and I love you. If one of them hurts one of you, I'll probably react. But, maybe not."

"I don't really give a fuck if they know or not, personally. So, I don't care what you do as long as you're happy with it," Faith said. "I don't really see it becoming a problem anyway. Contrary to what you say, I've never seen you even think about hurting me or Wes. You never hurt humans and I don't see you suddenly deciding to start. I think Wes just worries too much."

"I might, but I like to be prepared for any outcome," he defended. "I honestly see no threat to anyone with Willow being at the meeting. I just want to make sure she is comfortable with that choice. Because, once she attends, if something does happen to occur, there is no looking back. No changing things. Are you ready to face those consequences?"

Willow laughed, "My God...it's just my time of the month. Not some sort of apocalyptic event. I can make it through one evening of my monthly without drawing blood. I promise, Daddy."

"I'll hold you to that, Brat," he replied back, moving his fingers in deeper strokes along her neck.

"But, if you do have to draw blood," Faith added, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, "Aim for Buffy. Ok?"

Willow just smiled at her friend, "If it comes to that, I'll see what I can do."

"Love ya, Red," Faith said, leaning back in her chair as she watched Willow with caution. This would certainly be an interesting evening, she decided. If only to see if Willow could keep control of her emotions.

********************

"We have decided that it would be best to spend the evening taking a short tour of Sunnydale. Getting something to eat along the way, of course," Wesley said as the others began to drift down the stairs.

"I thought we were getting some explanations," Buffy said, frowning.

"Yeah, and I mean, we've seen Sunnydale," Xander pointed out.

"No, you haven't," Willow said, speaking up from her place beside Faith. "Our Sunnydale is different than your Sunnydale was. If you are going to plan an attack here, you need to know the town."

"That does sound logical," Giles said, stopping any argument before it began. He doubted that the town had changed that much in so short a time, but if they wanted to go on a tour, they could go on a tour.

"Where's Dru?" Angel asked.

Willow glanced at him, her eyes narrowing slightly. "She's meeting us along the way. She had to feed."

"And you're ok with that? Her killing innocent people to eat?" Cordelia asked, making a face.

"You know nothing about it, so I'd avoid speaking if I were you," Willow told her curtly. The girl didn't need to know that Dru never killed innocents. She could only kill those who had darkness in their hearts. She was better at keeping criminals off the streets than the police, in Willow's opinion.

"Unless you want to be dessert," Faith added, winking at Willow and causing the girl to smile.

"Whatever," Cordelia said, looking away from them both.

"Shall we leave?" Spike asked, wanting to be out of this house for awhile.

The group left the house, deciding to walk towards the restaurant. Willow walked behind the others, keeping a careful eye around them as they walked. Faith was beside her while Wesley stayed near the front, ready to attack if need be. It was rather foolish to wander around the streets of Sunnydale at night, but Willow knew her old friends were still convinced that things were the same, if not better. They had to face reality before fighting Mattias. He could use things against them if they did not.

"What happened to my house?" Buffy asked, looking at the charred remains of not only her home but several others.

"Fall of 99," were Willow's only words.

"Shortly after I woke up," Faith said, looking around. "Three different vampies were fighting it out for Master. They burned several neighborhoods, killing hundreds of people. Some stupid turf war, trying to prove one was more ruthless than the others."

"The fires happened near the end," Wesley remembered, an unreadable look on his face as he stared at the houses. He could still remember the screams from the people trapped inside, locked in by wood covering windows and doors that the vampires had placed there before lighting the fires. So many people they had not been able to save. "They never rebuilt. Most of the owners had died or didn't want anything to with the houses after that. Entire area is now a haven for nests of various demons that come into town on their way other places."

"Good God," Buffy whispered, looking at the shell of her former house. She glanced at the others and saw them looking around in interest. She shook her head, "What's next?"

Willow moved forward, pushing the blond out of her way. She froze, sniffing the air. "Someone is here."

"Ouch," Buffy said, holding her arm. She looked at Willow, "So? Your point being?"

"Where are they, Red?" Faith asked, moving closer to the front. She reached for her stake and knife, not knowing which she needed.

Willow turned around, her eyes looking at the ground. "That's what I'm trying to figure out, damn it."

"Is it Mattias?" Wesley asked, curious.

"No," Willow shook her head. She looked up, her eyes flashing bluish white as she smiled suddenly. "Just three of them. Virhir demons. They're planning on attacking soon." She reached out further with her mind, locating their exact positions. She looked at Faith, "Can I kill them?"

Faith glanced at Wesley, "What do you think?"

Wesley shrugged, "She'd probably manage to do it faster than we could. Besides, it might alleviate some of that monthly tension."

"I'll do it fast. Won't make them suffer...a lot," Willow said, adding the last word as an afterthought.

"Go for it, babe. We'll take Slutty and the others and head towards the cafe. You need backup?" Faith asked, putting her stake away.

Willow laughed, her eyes glowing slightly as she shook her head. "No backup, lover. I like to hunt alone. I'll meet you at the cafe soon. Let Dru know I'm hunting. She always worries."

Faith nodded, watching as the pretty redhead's face shifted, her demon emerging. Bright blue eyes that were tinged with white looked at her as the ridges across Willow's forehead became pronounced. She turned with a speed that still amazed Faith and was gone in a flash of red. She looked at Wesley and sighed, "And she said there would be no spilling of blood tonight."

"I believe she was speaking about Buffy and the others. Not three Virhir demons," he pointed out with a shake of his head.

"Excuse me, but what the fuck just happened?" Xander managed to finally ask.

"Willow went to hunt," Faith said simply, smiling at the shocked and confused looks on the faces of the people around her. She laughed, "Come on. Let's go find Dru. She'll want to know that Will is off hunting alone. She worries about her during this time of the month."

"Time of the month?" Buffy asked, wanting to demand answers as to why Willow's eyes had glowed and why there had been ridges on the girl's face that made her appear almost like a vampire when she had seen her just that day outside in the sun.

"Two days of the month Willow is," Wesley struggled to explain it. "not herself. She becomes very aggressive and less in control of herself."

"She likes to kick ass," Faith explained with a smirk. "It's a big mess and difficult to explain. Besides that, it isn't our place to talk about it, so if you want answers, you're gonna have to wait and see if Willow volunteers any. I would recommend not asking though. She's liable to kill you just for kicks."

"Don't listen to Faith," Wesley said, rolling his eyes. "Willow has never killed an innocent. It is beyond her nature. She's unable to take an innocent life at all."

"I'm getting a headache," Buffy said, glaring at Faith and Wesley for not giving her any answers but instead making her think of more questions.

"She has a demon, but she isn't dead," Angel said quietly.

"Bingo!" Faith said, smiling at the dark haired vampire.

"A benevolent demon, I'd assume," Spike added, having felt the immense power and strength in the girl during those few seconds of looking into those chillingly blue-white eyes.

"And here I thought Slutty only kept you both around cause you're hotties," Faith said, smirking slightly. "Seems you've both got the brains of this outfit too. Which leads me to wonder why you'd hang with that twit...."

"Faith," Wesley sighed. "You are both correct. As we said, it is Willow's choice whether to explain things to you or not. Now, shall we go eat?"

********************

Drusilla entered the cafe, smiling as she saw Faith and Wesley sitting close together, ignoring the others. She glanced around, not surprised to see no sign of Willow. She had not felt her mate upon arriving at the place, but thought she might have been mistaken. "Good evening."

"Hey Ru," Faith called in greeting. "Red went hunting. Relieving tension and all that shit."

"Hunting," Drusilla said, smiling softly. "Does she need me?"

"Nope," Wesley said, studying the vampire. "You know Willow. She's fine."

"Did you enjoy the tour?" Drusilla asked her sire, accepting Wesley's words.

"It was definitely eye opening," Angel said quietly, still trying to figure out what all had happened during his absence and why he hadn't heard anything sooner. He lived in LA, only a few hours away, yet he had never heard whispers about Sunnydale.

"Yes, I'm sure it was," she said, looking into his eyes. She sighed, moving to sit beside Faith and Wesley.

"What is Willow?" Spike asked, trying to figure out what kind of demon the redhead was now.

"You don't know?" Drusilla asked, looking at Faith with a puzzled expression.

"I didn't tell them anything," Faith said, shrugging. "Not my place, ya know?"

"Willow sensed the demons and took off hunting. I don't think she even remembered that they were with us," Wesley explained to Dru.

"Ah," Dru said, understanding the confusion. She leaned back in the chair, looking at Angel and Spike for several moments before speaking. "Willow is not a threat to you. She rarely kills, but when she does, it is only those with the purest evil in their hearts."

"Great," Spike whined, glaring at his lover. "See? Now I'm not even considered pure evil."

"Quit whining," Angel said, looking at Drusilla. "She is a demon, though. Isn't she?"

"In a way," Dru agreed. "She has a demon, but she is not a demon. It does not control her."

"Is anyone else confused as hell?" Buffy asked, rubbing her temples.

"I guess some things don't change with time," an amused voice said as Willow entered the room. Her shirt was torn slightly, revealing a tanned stomach but other than that she appeared the same. More alive, her hair mussed and her eyes shining green. She moved towards Drusilla, "You were always confused then, never understanding half of what was happening around you."

"You ok, bella?" Drusilla asked, knowing that her mate was careful, but always worrying in the back of her mind regardless.

"Fan-fucking-tastic," Willow said, beaming as she kissed her mate possessively, her hands kneading a breast before she pulled away finally. "Three more dead demons we don't have to worry about."

"Three?" Dru cocked an eyebrow and smiled. "And barely broke a sweat."

"Proud, huh?" Willow asked, sitting beside her mate, her hands holding Dru's tightly. "I feel good. Can we hunt again later?"

"You can patrol with me, hon," Faith said, smiling in amusement. She always rather enjoyed Willow's aggressive times, liking the bruises that the girl sometimes left on her in marking.

"Oh, that will be fun," Willow said before looking at her mate. Following the vampire's eyes, she found herself faced with numerous eyes watching her with confusion and amusement, in the case of Spike. "Damn, I forgot about them."

"Forgot us, pet?" Spike said in mock horror, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he watched the girl. "And here I thought we had something special happening between us. I'm offended, deeply so."

"Oh, shut up Fang," Willow said, glaring at the blonde before her lips twitched. She began to laugh, looking at Dru and asking, "Why'd you leave him again? He's smart, cute, funny and he has a nice ass. What more could you want?"

"A smart, funny, beautiful redhead with a cute ass?" Drusilla answered back with a wink.

"You think my ass is cute?" Willow said, smiling. "Ah, I love you!"

"Gawd," Faith groaned, laughing as she watched the two kiss again. She glanced at the others, adding, "Aren't they sickeningly sweet?"

"Jealous, Faith?" Willow asked, winking at the slayer before she went back to devouring her mate's mouth. She always got frisky after hunting, more so if she killed. Right now, it was taking what little control she had not to take her lover there in the chair.

"Nah," Faith said, leaning against Wesley. "I've got my man. I'm happy."

"Could we please get some sort of explanation before we have to watch Willow and Drusilla fuck in front of us?" Xander demanded. "Not that that image is a negative thing, but I am sick of being in the dark right now. I would like some damn answers."

Willow pulled away from Dru, looking at her old friend in amusement, "Answers? What makes you think you'll ever have answers? Just sit back, shut up and eat. Things will explain themselves in time." With that, she turned back to her mate, their lips meeting again as Faith happily began to read off the menu.

********************

Willow listened as Cordelia continued to chatter about her life in LA. Honestly, she could care less what the former cheerleader was doing in the city of angels, but the babbling was easing a bit of the strain in the air. She knew that they wanted answers. She also knew she didn't really want to discuss her life with them. It wasn't that she blamed them. She didn't. She could have left Sunnydale when they had. But, she had chosen to stay. She was the only one to blame for that fact. No, she couldn't blame them for what had happened to her, to them all. Sure, it was true she had lost touch with them. In fact, that had been her doing. So much had changed in Sunnydale in just a few months, chaos had reigned and she had not wanted her friends involved. She was actually happy that they had escaped before things got so horrible. She knew eventually they would figure things out. Hell, she'd have to tell them before they faced Matthias.

Cordelia finally shut up, leaving the chance for Buffy to begin answering Faith's questions. Willow smiled at her sometimes lover, knowing the dark haired slayer was deliberately keeping the attention on anyone other than the Sunnydale four. They all had their own past issues to deal with, having spent that horrible summer in hell before things had finally started to get better. For Willow, Drusilla had been a saving grace. The dark haired vampire's gentle caress and obvious love had saved her. For Wesley, it had been Faith doing the saving. If not for both women, she shuddered to think where she and the watcher would have ended up. But, no need to look back. Things could not be changed so there was no need to dwell on the what ifs. Not that she would. Her life had been hell for a brief time, but now she would not change it for the world. She was happy, in a wonderful relationship and had great friends. There wasn't anything else she really needed or wanted. She even had her own demon to deal with, a fact that struck her as ironic considering their past in fighting demons.

"Lovey?" Drusilla's softly accented voice reached her ears, drawing her from her thoughts.

"Hmm?" Willow said, blinking and then looking at her mate. She smiled, "Did I miss something?"

Drusilla shook her head, leaning against her and whispering in her ear, "Not at all. Just the boring little slayer babbling about her pathetic little life. Where were you?"

Willow smiled, glancing at the others and seeing that they were caught up in a discussion with Faith and Wesley, ignoring her and Dru. Well, all of them except Spike. The blonde vampire was staring at her, his eyes calculating and curious. He smirked at her as she glared at him, not turning away. She looked back at Dru, saying, "Lost in thought. Remembering the past. Thinking about the future. You know, same old, same old."

"Aw," Dru said, leaning her head against Willow's shoulder. She glanced at Spike and smiled, seeing her brother watching her redhead. He had been watching Willow all evening, studying her with several emotions in his blue eyes. She recognized the lust and curiosity, knew that he was intrigued by her mate. She whispered again to Willow, her dark eyes watching her lover's face, "Spike wants you, bella."

"What?" Willow hissed, her eyes widening as she saw the playful look in her lover's eyes. "Quit teasing."

"Not teasing, honey," Dru said, brushing her lips against Willow's. "But, we can talk about this later. For now, you need to eat."

"Not hungry," Willow said, glaring at her lover for the words about Spike wanting her. She had never felt an attraction to another man, not since getting involved with Drusilla. Yet, there was something about Spike...she pushed those thoughts from her mind, thrusting her lower lip out and sulking.

"If you eat like a good girl, maybe we can hunt afterwards?" Drusilla said with a promising smile.

"Hunt?" Willow smiled, reaching for her fork. She took a bite, tuning back into the conversation and listening to Buffy and the others talk as Drusilla rubbed the back of her neck.

********************

"We didn't learn a damn thing," Spike cursed, tossing the small length of his cigarette onto the ground and stomping it with his boot.

"I do still have a few questions," Angel admitted, a slight smile curling on his lips as he watched his lover.

"A few?" Spike said, looking at his sire. "A few? I can't believe you. I've got a bloody million of them myself."

"We will get answers," Angel said, turning as he felt the presence of the others. He smiled, not letting them have any idea of his previous conversation with his childe. "Is everything settled up?"

"No," Buffy said. "I still have no fucking idea what happened here after we left. Willow is being stubborn and refusing to discuss the past, and the others are following her in the whole clamming up whenever the past is mentioned bit."

"Sulking doesn't become you, luv," Spike said, rolling his eyes.

"All we seem to have learned," Xander said, speaking up as he saw Buffy glare at the vampire, "is that Willow has some sort of demon now that likes to hunt a couple of days a month. Other than that, we're still where we were yesterday."

"You people talk too much," Faith said, coming up behind the standing group. She smiled as Cordelia jumped and glared at her. "Sorry. Didn't you hear me coming?"

"You're worse than Angel is. Sneaking up on people like that," Cordelia muttered, beginning to walk away from the group.

"Did you hear that, Fang? I'm worse than you," Faith said, winking at the vampire before taking Wesley's hand.

"Go figure," Angel said dryly, glancing over to where Cordelia had stopped beside the light post.

"Well, kiddies. I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to make sure you knew how to find your way back to the house and to warn you not to stay out here too long. It's safer than it has been, but it's still not safe," Faith said, wondering silently if she should just force them back to the house.

"We can take care of ourselves," Buffy said sharply, her irritation at still being left in the dark causing her tone to be more rude than intended.

"Enjoy," Faith said, deciding fuck it. They could die if they didn't want to listen to her. "Come on, babe. Let's get home."

"Do be careful," Wesley said, knowing that Buffy would deliberately stay out all evening just to prove to Faith that she was still the better slayer. Doing something that foolish could be the death of her, but he was not her watcher so remained silent on that part.

"Buffy, I think I will go back with Wesley and Faith," Giles said, hoping that if he got the others away from the Sunnydale residents he might find out something useful.

"Oh, B?" Faith called out as she and the two watchers started away from the others.

"What?" Buffy asked, her tone annoyed.

"Whatever you do, don't go to the Bronze," she said with a smile.

"Why? Is it taken over with vampires or demons?" Xander asked, curious.

"Worse," Faith said, her voice lowering as she whispered, "High school kids."

"Oh, you!" Buffy said, her lips twitching slightly as Faith laughed.

"Gotcha, B," the dark haired slayer said with a wink before moving under Wesley's arm and walking away.

"So, what do we do now?" Spike asked lazily, his mind on his Princess and her Red.

Buffy smiled at the four people facing her, "Hunting anyone?"

"Exactly what are we hunting? I so did not dress for skulking around in the cemetery," Cordelia said, looking down at her tight red dress and high heels.

"I think Buffy is thinking more along the lines of hunting a certain redhead and master vampire," Angel said slowly, studying his ex-lover. Smiling, he asked, "Am I right?"

"Of course. If they won't give us answers, we'll just have to get them ourselves," Buffy said. "Come on, let's see if we can find them."

"Oh goodie. Come back to Sunnydale to play hide and go seek," Xander muttered, a bit reluctant to walk around the town that didn't seem so familiar. He had to admit that he had seen the obvious concern in Faith and Wesley's eyes and he was a bit scared of what had them so worried.

"Maybe it would be better if Spike and I checked around," Angel suggested, seeing the weary look in Xander's eyes.

"I'm the slayer," Buffy reminded them. "I think I can handle whatever we might find here."

"Yeah, but they're not the slayer," Spike said, gesturing with his head towards Cordelia and Xander that were standing together and looking around nervously. He finally found a stray cigarette in his back pocket, scowling as he unbent it and lit it.

"Oh," Buffy said, realizing the problem finally. She sighed, looking at Angel seriously, "Will you try to find out some answers? I'm worried about what happened to Willow, what she has become. I mean, she seems happy which is cool with me, but there's something they aren't telling us, and I don't just mean about her being a demon."

"I'll do my best," Angel said.

Buffy nodded, knowing his word was a promise. Turning to face Cordy and Xander, she smiled brightly, "Hey guys. I changed my mind. I don't really feel like hunting right now. Why don't we head back to Faith's and catch some TV or something."

"Are you sure?" Xander asked, relief in his voice.

"Thank God," Cordelia said, "Can we go now?"

"I'm sure Xander. Let's go," Buffy said, moving to join her friends, leaving Spike and Angel behind.

"So, hunting, eh sire?" Spike said, smiling a slight smile.

"Let's find Dru, m'boy. It's time we got some answers," Angel said, moving into the shadows.

********************

"Do you know what we shall tell them?" Drusilla asked quietly, watching her mate pace back and forth.

"Not yet," Willow admitted reluctantly. "I honestly don't think we owe them any explanations, but I know some things may come out that make them curious."

"They know you're a demon, honey. I'd say curiosity is already out there," Drusilla said, lying back on the grass and looking at the sky.

"They just ask too many questions," Willow muttered, an annoyed expression on her face.

"They care about you," Drusilla said softly, having no doubts that despite everything that happened, they were still Willow's friends.

"Oh yeah, so much that they came searching for me years ago when I quit writing," Willow said, snorting as she sat on the ground beside her lover. The two had left the others, hunting a bit before settling on the hill overlooking town. She could still feel her demon so close to the surface, the emotions it brought out giving her a headache. She loved what she was, having accepted her demon before it could enter her body, but these times were hard. She had to deal with the thirst and the lust. Luckily it was only a few days a week. She honestly did not know how Dru dealt with a demon every day. Of course, her demon was slightly different than those of a vampire. More powerful and stronger and she did deal with it daily, she was just able to easily control it most of the time so she tended to forget that it was there.

"You threw out their letters," Dru reminded her. "They'll be gone soon. How do you feel?"

"Got a bit of a headache but otherwise I'm fine. The demon is resting now. Sated I guess," she said, looking over at her lover.

"After dinner this evening, even I have a bit of a headache," Drusilla said with a soft laugh.

"Aw, poor baby," Willow said, a light entering her eyes as she lay beside her lover, her head propped on her hand. She moved her fingers over Dru's face, a seductive smile crossing her face. "You know what they say the best cure for headaches is, don't you?"

Drusilla laughed, "I believe that is our cure for anything."

"Don't knock it if it works," Willow said with a wink as she leaned over and caught Drusilla's mouth with hers.

"I bet they went back home," Spike grumbled as he and Angel climbed up the hill. "Probably shagging in a warm bed just like we should be."

"This is one of the last places we have to check," Angel said patiently, wondering for the tenth time in the past hour why he had turned Spike. The blonde wouldn't stop whining and griping as their search continued to prove fruitless. They had not found any trace of Willow or Drusilla. But, he was having a strong pull towards this little park on the hill. He knew Dru was there. He could feel her. "I feel her."

"Bloody fucking hell," Spike hissed suddenly, stopping in his tracks as his hand caught Angel on the chest.

Angel frowned at Spike before following the blonde's pointing finger. He froze when he saw the forms of his childe and her mate bathed in moonlight. They were nude, clothes tossed recklessly around them. "Beautiful."

Spike heard his sire's whisper and had to agree. Dru had always been ravishing and her redhead playmate was gorgeous. He felt himself hardening as he watched them, Drusilla laying on her back as the redhead kissed her breasts. He could see a hand moving amongst the dark curls between her thighs, the expression on her face one of complete rapture.

Willow felt them approach and debated stopping for a moment. She was not one for exhibitionism normally, but this was Spike and Angel. Two very handsome vampires that had often played major parts in her fantasies. Something inside her wanted them to watch, to see her make love with Drusilla, to see if they enjoyed it. She smiled impishly against Drusilla's ribcage before moving her mouth lower, angling to give them a better view of what she was doing. If they wanted to watch, she'd give them something to watch.

"The damn cheeky brat knows we're watching," Spike whispered, noticing the subtle differences in Willow's movements. She was giving them a show. He smiled slightly as his hand moved towards his cock. She was definitely full of surprises.

"Yes, it would appear that you're right," Angel murmured, his cock tight against his pants. He frowned, "I wonder how...."

"God," Spike groaned in disgust, glancing at his lover. "You've got two beautiful women fucking in front of you, giving a show for us, and you're wanting to analyze the reasons why? What am I going to do with you?"

Feeling Spike's hand on his cock, Angel glanced down then looked pointedly at his childe, "I'd say you'd thought of something."

The men's attention was brought back to the women when they heard Drusilla's cries as her orgasm washed over her. They saw red hair nestled between her thighs as Willow continued to lick her cunt, a small hand on the vampire's stomach keeping her lowered on the ground. Willow was so caught up in giving Angel and Spike a good show that she did not hear or feel the demon until it was too late.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

Willow lifted her head, turning and seeing a Braosky demon standing not three feet away. She cursed, knowing she should have smelled it before it had gotten within ten feet. Shows what showing off gives you, Rosenberg she muttered to herself as she got her feet. She faced the demon, ignoring her nudeness as she gave it an irritated scowl, "What do you want?"

Drusilla gracefully got to her feet, pulling her dress over her head as Willow faced the demon. She felt her lover's demon near the surface, her own moving forward as the demon facing them luridly looked them over.

"Please, don't stop the show on my account. It was just getting interesting," he leered openly.

"Your kind is peaceful," Willow said tightly. "Because of that, I will give you a chance to leave."

He laughed, "I know what you are, Red. I've heard the stories. You can't kill the nice guys. And I am most certainly a nice guy."

"I can't," she said with a smile, "but Drusilla can." She moved slightly and allowed him to see her lover in full demon face.

His eyes widened as he realized that the rest of the stories were true also. A Sirian mated with a vampire. He'd never heard of such a thing. "She's a vampire! It's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible," Willow said, smiling. "Now why don't you run along before I let her play."

"You wouldn't," he said, his voice not so positive anymore.

"Wouldn't I?" she asked, her tone amused. "Would you like to wait around and find out?"

"I think I'll be leaving now. I just heard that there was one of you in this town...had to see it to believe it," he babbled, hoping he would escape this alive. "Not many of you in the world, you know? Sort of didn't believe the rumors."

"Well, now you do," she said, crossing her arms in front of her chest and waiting.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you and your um vampire. I didn't see nothing, not really," he said before turning and taking off.

"Well, that was definitely a mood spoiler," Willow said, turning to look at Dru whose face had gone back to normal. She looked into the shadows, calling out, "If you guys are finished watching, you can come out. We don't bite. At least, not unless you ask real nicely."

Spike and Angel walked up the hill, looking sheepishly at Drusilla who seemed surprised to see them. She glanced at Willow, her eyes narrowing slightly in a promise of punishment that made Willow smile. "Put on some clothes," Drusilla said sharply, not wanting the men to openly ogle her mate. They were already staring though both were trying to cover it up. "Why are you here?"

"Answers," Angel said, tearing his eyes from Willow's nude body. He ran a hand through his hair, taking an unneeded breath that he let out slowly. "We were wanting some answers."

"What was that thing? Why didn't you just kill him?" Spike asked Willow, making no attempt to hide his approving gaze.

"He was harmless. Why? Should we kill everyone that watches us make love?" Willow asked, looking at him and Angel with a slight smile.

"How did you know we were watching? Did you smell us? What was that guy talking about, you not able to be with a vampire. And about there not being many of you," Spike asked.

"Geez. Is he always this hyper?" Willow asked, her eyes amused but slightly annoyed.

"Like an annoying puppy dog," Drusilla muttered.

"An overexcited child," Angel added.

"I am right here, you know," Spike said, his tone petulant. He frowned at them both, "Forgive me for asking questions. I'll just quit talking."

Willow watching him light a cigarette and pout at Angel, wondering how long he could possibly go without talking. She finished dressing, trying to decide what she should tell them both, if anything. She was sure the scene they had witness opened up even more questions that she was not in a mood to answer. She glanced at the sky, smelling the soft hint of sunlight. She glanced at Drusilla who was openly glaring at her sire and brother. She knew her lover was upset that she had not let her know they were being watched. She would pay for that, a thought that made her smile. She enjoyed pain, knowing that it would always end in pleasure. Flashing back, she frowned, remembering pain that had not ended with anything except more pain. She shook her head, cursing herself for looking back. She said, "Honey, the sun's coming up soon. We need to get home."

"I don't smell anything," Spike said, scowling at his lover.

"Come on," Drusilla said, taking Willow's hand.

"Where?" Angel asked.

Drusilla sighed, rolling her eyes as she looked at them both, "You two can stay with us today. Now move it."

********************

Xander shifted on the sofa, covering a yawn as the movie started. "I wonder where Angel and Spike are."

"Probably fucking in some dark alley," Cordelia said with a small smile as she imagined the two handsome vampires together.

"Ewe, bad visual place," Xander said, shuddering.

"I don't know. It has its merits," Faith said with a leer. "Fang and Blondie are definitely two hot vampies."

"Is all you think about sex?" Buffy asked, glaring at the brunette.

"Nope, Bitchy. I think about a lot of things. I think about true friendship and what that means. I also think about taking care of the people that I love and not running away when things look easy," Faith said sharply, her humor ruined again by Buffy.

"What is going on here?" Wesley asked in between yawns as he entered the living room. He looked at Faith, tapping his foot as he waited for an answer.

"Nothing," Faith said, her face softening as she looked at him. "Did we wake you?"

"I wasn't sleeping," Wesley said with a small smile. "Merely resting my eyes."

"So who was that that was snoring?" she asked.

"I have no idea. It wasn't me," he answered. He glanced at Buffy, "I'm taking Faith up to bed. I trust that you will fine?"

"Yeah, sure," Buffy said, frowning as she realized he wasn't wearing his shirt. She had to admit that underneath it all, Wesley was built rather well.

Faith noticed Cordelia and Buffy looking at Wesley in admiration and scowled. She studied him trying to see what they were looking at. It took her several minutes to realize he wasn't wearing his shirt. She was so used to it that she had forgotten. She stood up, catching his eyes then glancing down pointedly. "Aren't you cold, honey?"

Wesley stiffened when he glanced down, "Um, yes. Actually, I am. I need to go find my shirt. Why don't we go upstairs now?"

"Not that I was looking for any certain reason or anything," Xander said quietly, "but what the hell happened to your back?"

"It's nothing," Wesley said quickly, glaring at the boy. "Faith, come along."

He left the room in such a way that Buffy could not see what Xander was talking about. "What was it?"

"Scars," Xander said, looking at his old friends. "Deep scars. Looked like they were cut with a knife. Healed over a bit, but they aren't going away. What do you suppose caused them?"

"And we have yet another question with no foreseeable answer," Buffy said with a sigh. "They were deep?"

"Must have hurt something fierce," Xander said. "But they looked several years old. I mean, the skin had grown back over them and everything. No discoloration around the wounds."

"Who are you and what did you do to Xander?" Cordelia asked, looking at her former boyfriend in surprise.

"I took some first aid classes so I could help out after slaying. You know, take care of the bumps and bruises. I remember them talking a bit about scarring. Those looked at least a few years old," Xander said, having to smile as he realized he had surprised Cordelia Chase finally.

"Xander's our Doc," Buffy said with a smile. "We've been urging him to go to school and take some more classes but he never listens. He's good at that science stuff. He should be a paramedic or something. "

"Weird isn't it?" Xander asked Cordelia. "Willow was the only reason I passed Biology and Chemistry in the first place."

"Yeah, weird," Cordelia said with a slight smile. "Time does that though. Changes people. We aren't the same people that went to Sunnydale High School."

"Not by a long shot," Buffy said. "So, we have Willow who is some sort of good demon thing that happens to be mated with Drusilla. We've got Faith who keeps glaring at us and saying that we didn't stay here and protect the people we claim we love. Now we have Wesley with deep scars on his back that appear to be several years old. I would feel pretty confident making a bet that all these things have to do with each other."

"Yeah, I think I'd take that wager myself," Xander said with a frown. "Now if we only knew what exactly had happened we might have some answers."

********************

Willow sat on the sofa and watched Spike and Angel. Her green eyes studied them in silence as Drusilla moved to sit beside her. She smiled softly at her lover but kept her eyes on the two handsome vampires opposite her. She finally sighed, "You aren't going to give up, are you?"

"Give up?" Angel asked, not sure what the redhead was talking about.

"Wanting answers," Willow said. "You're too stubborn to give it up."

"True," Angel admitted. "I would like answers."

"I won't tell you everything," Willow decided. "Some things are none of your concern. Others just aren't very important at the moment. Others, well," she smiled, "I'm gonna make you wait. What would you like to know the most?"

Angel frowned, trying to decide on what question he most wanted an answer to. There were so many things he wanted to know. He saw her smile and knew she was just playing with him. Damn cheeky brat, he thought with a slight smile.

"How did you two end up mated?" Spike asked, wanting to know how his Princess had ended up with the cute redhead. He knew his lover was trying to decide which serious question to ask. Something about demons, the town, the nasty they were here to fight, or something else important he was sure. He, he was a man of basics. He wanted to know how two such different people had ended up together, so obviously devoted to each other.

"Is that your question?" Willow asked, leaning back against Drusilla. "I will confess that it might answer some other questions you're thinking about."

"Fine. That's our question," Angel said, giving Spike a narrowed glance.

"Oh, come on. You know you're dying to know too," Spike said in disgust. "Can I smoke?"

"Do you ever stop?" Willow asked sweetly.

"Willow, quit teasing Spike," Drusilla said with a smile.

"Yeah, quit teasing me," Spike said, sticking his tongue out at the redhead as he lit a cigarette.

"Spike, quit provoking Willow," Angel said with a slight smile.

"So there," Willow said, smirking at him. She heard her lover clear her throat and smiled, "Sorry, baby. I'll be good."

Spike snorted, "Somehow I doubt that."

Willow looked at Angel and smiled, "You know, our story really isn't all that interesting. I'm sure you'll find it rather dull in fact. Not nearly as exciting or entertaining as you've built up in your head."

"Willow, quit stalling," Angel said in annoyance. "You've done nothing but elude questions for the past two days. Please, give us some answers. We can't help you fight Mattias without some answers."

"The hellmouth was closed," Willow said quietly, "but that didn't mean that evil had left. Buffy and the others were so foolish. I was too, in a way. I assumed that the closing of the hellmouth would mean things would calm down here. I was wrong. What it meant was an all out war for control of the city. Even with the hellmouth closed, there was so much power that was untapped. There still is. Anyway, we ended up in a war zone of sorts. There were five different vampires that wanted to control the town. It didn't matter who got killed in their quest for control."

"And there were only you and Wesley to fight them," Angel said quietly, finally getting a vague idea of what the town must have been like.

"Yep, just the two of us," Willow said with a wry smile. "And everyone knew us. He was a former watcher and I was one of the scoobies. Even if we had wanted to stay out of it, to let them just kill each other, we couldn't. They came after us every night. It was a nightmare. We considered leaving, like the others, but it wasn't our nature. After two months, it was down to two vampires. The other three were dead. There were more than two hundred people killed over that summer, not including those at graduation."

"I arrived in town in August," Drusilla spoke up, her hand holding Willow's. "It was nasty here. So much evil, so much death. I was looking for you two and found Willow."

Willow smiled softly, "I ran into Drusilla during a patrol one night. I saved her from a couple of new vampires."

"Willow forced me into evaluating my life, in a way," Drusilla said. "I could have died that night. I needed someone to save me. I realized that I had always needed someone to save me. So, I started to take care of myself. It was tough, but I found out that I was much stronger than I ever imagined. It was almost a month after we met that Willow was taken."

Willow grimaced, "It had gotten nasty between Lorieus and Timothy, the two masters that had been fighting each other for a month. It was all out war by that time. If you were human and on the streets after dark, you hardly ever made it home alive. Wesley and I weren't much, but we were hurting them both enough that we drew their attention. They decided that it would be smart to enlist our help against one another. Lorieus is the one that managed to catch us. To this day, I can't believe we were that stupid. It was just, we were so tired. It had been months of seeing people die and finding bodies and dealing with it all. I hadn't seen Drusilla since that day I saved her, but it turned out she had been watching me."

"Willow was special," Dru said simply. "I wanted her to smile at me."

"Faith had woken up by this time. It was mid August that she came out of her coma. Needless to say, she had a lot of catching up to do. It took her almost a week before she was calling us. I never really liked her, but I could see that she wanted to help. After two weeks, she was out of the hospital and living with us. My house had been torched in July so he and I had taken over an empty house. The owner had been killed so he wasn't using it any longer. She didn't patrol with us though. No one even knew she was still alive. It was too dangerous. A living slayer? They'd have found her and killed her for sport."

"I saw them take Willow and Wesley," Drusilla said as she remembered that time. "I couldn't let them kill her before I claimed her, so I went to Faith. I knew the slayer was living with them and that she would help. Together, we made a plan. The next night, we found them and broke them out."

"Wesley was pretty bad. They'd used knives and fire. With me, it had just been chains and whips, the usual stuff. They were trying to convince us to join Lorieus, but Wesley was a former watcher. They were a bit more rough with him. We both refused to join them though and I fear what may have happened if we didn't get out. I know we would have died," Willow said in a matter of fact tone. "Afterwards, Faith helped Wesley. He had several broken bones and she was good with him. That was what started their relationship."

"And you and Dru, also," Spike said, having new respect for the little redhead.

"Yeah, Dru and I got to know each other. I liked what I got to know," Willow said with a small smile. "Anyway, that's how we got together."

"But, what about Lorieus and Timothy," Angel asked.

"And how did she become master of Sunnydale?" Spike wanted to know.

"Uh uh," Willow said with a small smile. "One question only. If I remember, it was how did Dru and I get together. I just explained it to you, plus I think I answered several others."

"Damn, you're going to make us wait aren't you?" Angel asked, glaring at her.

"Cheeky brat," Spike said, having to laugh. He stretched out in his chair, looking lazily at the two beautiful women, "So, you got a bed in this place?"

********************

"This isn't what I meant," Spike muttered, tossing the pillow on the bed.

Angel smiled as his lover continued to sulk, "Better watch out, Spike. You might trip on your bottom lip."

"Wanker," Spike glared at his sire.

"You asked for a bed," Angel reminded. "They gave you a bed."

"Silly damn chits," Spike continued to curse as he moved his glare to the bed. "And quit acting all self righteous. I saw you, smelled you. You want them too."

"I may want them," Angel said, "but I'm not childish enough to pout when I don't get what I want."

"Childish?" Spike narrowed his eyes, yellow flashing as he stared at Angel. "Take it back."

"Spike, they're just next door. If you want to fight, we should move this somewhere else," Angel said.

"I bloody well don't care if the entire watcher's council was sleeping next door. Take it back," Spike said, shooting his sire a smug grin. "I dare you."

"You little bastard," Angel said, letting his demon come forward. "I will not take back the truth."

"I'll just have to make you take it back," Spike said with a smile as he moved forward.

"Try it," Angel replied, moving forward and pulling Spike towards him. He roughly kissed his lover, his hand possessively squeezing Spike's cock. "You're mine, little boy. Never push me again."

"Thought you liked it when I pushed," Spike said with a teasing smile.

"Strip," Angel commanded, his cock pushing against the fabric of his trousers as he watched the defiant spark in Spike's eyes. Without waiting, he ripped Spike's shirt, watching the buttons fly around the room with an amused smile. "Oops."

"Bloody hell, that was a good shirt," Spike said, almost growling. He was hard and wanted to fuck. After watching Drusilla and Willow all night, seeing their caresses and teasing smiles, he wanted to fuck them both so hard they couldn't move. Unfortunately, that plan had been shot down when they had shown him to the room he and Angelus could use. Now, he just wanted to fuck Angel hard and to be fucked hard. Anything to relieve this tension that was filling him.

"Forgetting your place, my boy," Angel said, easily removing his clothes. He stood nude, his cock hard and leaking.

"Do you suppose they're listening," Spike asked, his eyes on his sire. He'd never admit it, but he had never seen anyone as physically perfect as his sire. True, he had seen beautiful women, but they were different. All soft curves and swells of flesh. Angel was hard, muscles and sculpted angles.

"Spike," Angel warned, his demon irritated that his childe's mind was not on their activity and instead focused on the two women next door.

"Sire?" Spike asked, flinching slightly when he saw the yellow eyes staring at him. He felt his cock twitch at the promise of punishment in those lovely eyes.

"Before I'm finished with you," Angel promised in a silky voice as he moved forward, "you'll have forgotten that either one of them even exists."

"Promises, promises," Spike muttered before his mouth was claimed in a punishing kiss and he was pushed against the bed.

*****************

"How long are they going to be doing that?" Willow asked, glaring at the wall.

"From the sounds of it?" Drusilla asked her lover, "I'd say all day."

"Why is he screaming?" Willow asked, looking at Drusilla with curious eyes.

"Spike and Angel have an unusual relationship," Drusilla explained. "Angel is his sire, his mentor, his teacher. Spike is always the childe, the student. Dominance has a major role in their playing. They do love each other. Have no doubt about that. Even during our time without Angelus, Spike missed him. Their connection is deep, their bond strong. They enjoy playing though."

"Like us?" Willow asked with a smile as she moved towards the bed.

"Their games tend to be a bit more bloody and there is more pain to compliment the pleasure," Drusilla said fondly, remembering their games and the parts she had played in them.

"You miss that? The pain and blood?" Willow asked.

"Not at all," Drusilla said. "It was a different time, a different me. I do not miss that at all. It was not who I am."

"But you like it rough," Willow said, confused. "Just like I do."

"I love you, bella," Dru said. "You like to play rough, your demon enjoys it. I am happy with you in my arms. I do not prefer one way or the other. You are all that is important."

"It just worries me," Willow confessed, "You're history with them...I know how deeply you care about them both. I can't help feeling that they make take you from me."

Drusilla laughed softly, "They could never take you from me, lovey. You are my mate. Forever, remember?"

"So you don't miss them?" Willow asked as she moved along the bed.

"I miss them. They were a large part of my life. I enjoyed their touch, their caress, their taste. That has not changed even as I have. You are my life now, though. I would not choose them over you," Drusilla said softly.

"They're um," Willow felt herself blushing and cursed, "they're good lovers?"

Drusilla laughed again, "Not as good as you, but yes, they're very considerate and pleasing. I prefer you, the soft warmth. Men are so big, so hard."

"Oh," Willow looked down at the bed, "so you don't want to leave here and go into their room to be with them?"

"Not unless you were with me, Willow," Drusilla said, letting her lover hear her fondest wish without forcing the issue.

Willow nodded, her suspicions proven with Dru's words. Her lover wanted to share her with the two male vampires. She felt a strange feeling in her stomach at that thought, of having a man while Drusilla watched. She smiled as she moved to straddle Drusilla, ignoring the growls and noises coming from next door. She leaned over, trailing her tongue along Drusilla's breast before smiling, "We'll see," she said before claiming her lover's mouth.

********************

"Where are they?" Buffy asked, annoyance in her voice.

"Probably shagging at Will's," Faith volunteered with a smile.

Cordelia snorted, "Knowing them, probably shagging anywhere they can find a place."

"Oh, it's like that, is it?" Faith asked, leaning forward with interest. "Have you ever seen them?"

"No," Cordelia squeaked, her face red. "I mean, I stumbled upon them once right after wards.....that was bad enough."

"Bad?" Faith shook her head, "They are both nummy as hell. Was it bloody? Dru and Red sometimes have the whole blood thing going on. Biting and rough stuff."

"I so do not need to hear about this," Buffy said, getting up. "I'm calling Jay," she told Giles as she went into the other room.

"Jay?" Wesley asked the elder watcher, ignoring his lover's attempts to shock the others.

"Her fianca33;," Giles said.

"I didn't see blood but there are bites," Cordelia said, making a face. "I so can't believe I'm sitting her talking about this with you."

"What? C'mon, Princess. You can't tell me you've never wanted to see the undead hotties getting it on. Any female with hormones would be lying if they said that."

"I'm going out," Cordelia decided as she stood. "I'm sick of sitting in this house waiting for them. I need some air."

Faith's amused smile left her face as she shook her head, "No. You need to stay here."

"Puh-leez," Cordelia said, rolling her eyes. "I think I can handle a walk around the block. Better than sitting here with you talking about things I so do not want to think about."

"Cordelia, I'm serious. It's not safe," Faith said, looking at Wesley for help.

"Faith's right," Wesley said. "You aren't used to the town anymore. You need to stay here. I'm sure Dru and Willow will be arriving shortly. I'd also be pretty certain that Angel and Spike will be with them."

"I'm tired of waiting," she said simply. "I'm going out. I've dealt with LA for years, I think Sunnydale shouldn't be a problem."

"Damn it," Faith cursed, glaring at the ex-cheerleader. "Fine. Go out and get killed. See if I care."

"You know, this entire 'Sunnydale is a horrible bad evil place' routine is getting old," Cordelia said sharply. "It was a Hellmouth when I lived here for EIGHTEEN years. I think I can handle a walk around the block." With that, she turned and left the room, getting a sweater but leaving her purse. She didn't need anything for a simple walk.

Xander sighed, "I see she's still stubborn and unyielding. Time hasn't changed that."

"It really isn't wise for her to be walking around alone this near dusk," Wesley observed.

"I'll go after her," Xander finally decided, not wanting Buffy to have cut her conversation short. He knew she was missing her fianca33; and hated being away from Jay for so long.

"Thank you, Xander," Giles said, smiling at the man the boy had become. "If you could bring her back shortly, we would appreciate it. As Wesley said, I believe the others will arrive shortly after dusk."

"I can't promise to get her back any sooner," Xander said, "but I can make sure nothing kills her." With that, he smiled, "Unless she really pisses me off...then, well, I might not be able to stop it."

"Xander," Giles warned.

"Joking. Just joking," he said with an innocent smile as he got up. "I'll be back soon."

************** Cordelia had gone nearly a block and a half before she realized that she had no idea where she was going. She had just needed to get out of the house, away from Faith's obnoxious jokes and Wesley and Giles and their watcher talk. It had become stifling and she'd needed some air. She turned the corner, deciding to just make it a block walk then go back. She really hoped they were able to get some straight answers from Willow and Drusilla so they could get this problem taken care of and go home. True, she didn't really have anything waiting for her back in LA, but there was something about Sunnydale that bothered her. She didn't like being out of the loop. That was probably the biggest problem. Faith and Wesley and Willow and Drusilla, they had a past together that she didn't understand. True, she and the others had had their own lives, but their bond was stronger. Something had happened to them, and she hated not knowing what it was.

She had never known Drusilla, but the woman she had met seemed nice enough. Not at all like the image she had gotten from the stories in the past. She had always hated Faith, but now had to admit that she admired the slayer. There was a strength in Faith's eyes, a history in them that Cordelia didn't understand but that she could recognize. Wesley had always been rather fun, though she really hoped his kissing had improved. And Willow, well, she had always had a soft spot for the redhead despite everything that had happened during their school career. Cordelia knew without a doubt that something had changed Willow. She now had a demon for some reason. And she seemed happy. Far happier than Cordelia had ever seen her before.

The sound of a breaking branch brought Cordelia out of her thoughts. She glanced beside her, her eyes widening as she saw yellow eyes. She looked up and saw the sun setting, having walked farther than she planned, it was not dusk. She didn't scream, having faced vampires more times than she could count. Of course, she thought crossly, that was when she had her stake which was laying inside her purse back at the house. Before she could run, a hand gripped her throat, yellow eyes glaring at her. He pulled her into the shadows, pushing her against the tree as she kicked out, struggling his strong hold.

"Tell the Sirian and her mate that this town will belong to Mattias," he hissed, pulling a knife from his pocket and holding it under her chin. "There is nothing they, or their little pet slayer, can do to stop it. He will own them as he owns this town."

"Where do you see Western Union tattooed on me?" she asked, gulping as she felt the blade touch her skin.

"Bitch," he hissed, smiling suddenly. "You would like it tattooed on your body?"

Cordelia cried out as the blade touched her throat. She could feel a small trickle of blood drifting down her skin as he continued to speak, his breath rank with the scent of death.

"Your death would be a message the Sirian might not forget. Her little friend a reminder that Mattias is strong. That Mattias will defeat her and her mate. That soon they will be his servants, doing as he orders. That Mattias is going to be master of Sunnydale."

"That you talk too damn much," an annoyed voice said from behind the vampire.

Cordelia watched as the vampire exploded in a cloud of dust, the knife falling to her feet as she struggled to breath. Her hand went to her throat, feeling the blood that covered it. Her eyes caught brown eyes, familiar brown eyes that were now filled with concern and worry. "Xander?"

"Delia," he said, seeing the rather deep wound on her neck and flinching. That had to hurt. He moved towards her, his eyes noticing the amount of blood that was steadily flowing from the wound. Once he stopped the flow, it would be all right. The depth was nasty, but it was a small wound. It would hurt and she would be weak from loss of blood, but he could handle it with the right supplies. "Let's get you home."

Cordelia felt his arms go around her as he swung her into them, her head resting on his shoulder as her hand continued to hold the knife wound. She closed her eyes, feeling safe in Xander's arms as he walked back towards the house. She knew he'd take care of her.

********************

Willow laughed as Spike continued to tell her and Drusilla about one of his many adventures since moving to LA and helping Angel. She walked up the stairs of her porch, wondering when Buffy and the others would leave and she could finally be back in her own home. It wasn't that she really minded the 'family' home, well, actually, she did. Her demon could accept that Dru's childer did not recklessly kill humans, but there was always a slight tension in her when she was around them all as a group. She knew that Drusilla recognized this and that was one reason her mate had suggested a separate home for them, away from the others. After spending several days with the others, and especially during her time of the month, she was tense and on edge.

Of course, she was smart enough to know that only a small amount of that tension was caused by being around the family. Over the years since she had been given her gift, she had grown accustomed to dealing with being involved with a vampire and everything that it entailed. She wasn't, however, used to dealing with an attraction to someone other than Drusilla or Faith. Now, two people had entered her fantasies, bringing forth naughty images and making her body long for things that it really shouldn't. She loved Drusilla. Was happy with her mate. Far happier than she had ever imagined being. This crazy lust for Angel and, more specifically Spike, was confusing Willow. She didn't understand how she could want them so badly she could taste them when she was so happy with Drusilla. Of course, she would be the first to admit that she was still rather immature about things of that nature. Her first lover had been Drusilla. Her second Faith. And that was it. Two lovers during her entire life, and Faith usually only joined them after a particularly nasty patrol or when Wesley was away on business. She had never had a man, though Drusilla had claimed her virginity in every possible way during their first days together. Why, then, did she have this uncontrollable urge to toss Spike on the ground and ride him until she collapsed?

"Lovey, are you going to open the door?" Drusilla asked in an amused voice. She could clearly smell her lover's arousal, could see the faint flush on the redhead's cheeks that meant she was thinking of naughty things, knew from the flash of guilt in those green eyes that she had not been the one Willow had been thinking of. Instead of jealousy, Drusilla just smiled, letting Willow know that it was all right. She had no doubts of the love between them, the bond that would never be broken. She didn't mind that Willow was attracted to Angel and Spike. She also didn't mind if her mate wanted to explore that attraction one day. But, that would be Willow's decision. She had allowed Faith to join them because it was what Willow had wanted. She didn't mind the dark haired slayer, actually considering the girl a friend after all these years, but she would never had forced Willow into something that made her uncomfortable. She would wait and see if these feelings that Willow was experiencing prompted the redhead to take another lover, or maybe even two.

"Oh, sorry," Willow smiled, impulsively leaning over and brushing her lips against Drusilla's. She had seen the knowing look and accepting smile. Pulling back, she whispered, "I love you," before she opened the door and walked inside.

"I think we missed something," Spike remarked casually to Angel as his blue eyes watched the pair.

"No, we didn't," Angel responded with an easy smile as they entered the house.

********************

"It's about time," Faith said dryly when Willow and the others entered the room. She saw the smile on Willow's face and rolled her eyes. "I was beginning to wonder if you four were going to show up."

"I wasn't aware that we had set a particular time," Willow said, winking at Faith as she moved to sit down.

"Did you happen to see Cordelia or Xander on your way here?" Wesley asked, knowing that he needed to stop Willow and Faith before they spent hours bickering back and forth.

Willow's smile left her face as she said, "No. Why? Where are they?"

"I didn't feel them," Drusilla added, frowning as she looked at the young watcher.

"Damn," Faith cursed, looking at the clock. "Delia left here in a huff about a half hour ago. Xander followed her and we haven't heard from either since."

"Fuck," Willow got to her feet, her eyes flashing from green to blue and back again as she paced with angry strides across the room.

"I'm sure they're fine," Angel spoke up, clearly confused by their reaction.

"Yeah, Delia is a wild cat. She can take care of herself and the moron," Spike said, leaning back in his chair, his blue eyes watching Willow closely.

"Maybe in LA she can," Willow said, facing them, "but, here, it's a different story."

"What's the sitch?" Buffy asked as she entered the living room, her smile fading as she saw the look of concern on Willow's face and the serious expressions on the others' faces. She scowled as she asked, "Where are Cordelia and Xander?"

"Great question," Willow said, looking at the blonde. "It seems they decided to take a walk. After dark. In Sunnydale."

"I tried to stop her," Faith said, chewing on her bottom lip as she saw how upset Willow was. "But, you know Cordy, she's a stubborn one."

"I'm sure they're fine," Buffy said, looking back and forth between Willow and Drusilla and Faith. "They must have left after I called home so it hasn't even been half an hour."

"Bella, they might be right," Drusilla said softly, her voice calming her mate. "They haven't really been here long enough for Mattias to know their threat."

Willow shook her head, "No. Mattias knew as soon as they arrived in town. That's why we've been so damn careful not to let them out alone. Faith, you know him. This isn't good. I trust Xander and know that he'd try to keep Delia safe. I just don't know that that would be enough."

"OK. Wait just a second," Buffy said, taking a seat and becoming thoughtful. "The other night, we went on a nice stroll around Sunnydale. You didn't seem too upset or worried then. Why would tonight be any different?"

"Mattias isn't stupid enough to face us," Willow said tightly, her eyes settling on a mixture of blue-green as she looked at Buffy. "You're safe as long as you're with us. Alone, well, he wouldn't feel threatened."

"I'm so tired of this," Spike said, groaning, "all these cryptic statements and no fucking answers. Why the hell would he not want to face you? I thought he was trying to take over the bloody town."

"I never thought I'd say this, but Spike is right," Giles said quietly, having spent the past few minutes simply observing and listening. "This entire situation is confusing."

Faith snorted, "You don't know the half of it."

"Do you honestly think that Cordelia is in danger?" Angel asked Willow and Drusilla, his expression serious.

"Yes," Drusilla said softly, smiling wryly at her sire. "Mattias has friends in town. He has to be aware of the arrival of the slayer and her friends. I'm sure he assigned someone to watch the house. We've been under random surveillance since his arrival. Luckily, he has yet to find a routine."

"I smell blood," Willow said quietly. She moved her head, looking towards the door. "It's Cordelia's."

"How do you know?" Buffy asked, her question unanswered as the door opened to admit Xander who was carrying the brunette in question.

********************

"Move," Xander said, his voice giving no room for protest. He could feel his shirt sticking to his chest from the flow of Cordelia's blood. He knew they were only a few blocks away from the house but it had seemed like miles. Cordelia had become quiet as he had neared the house. He could feel her hair against his cheek, could feel the softness of her breath against his throat, could feel the slow beating of her heart against his chest. She was losing too much blood. He knew enough to know that. He put her down gently, hating to move away from her. For some odd reason, Cordelia had felt right in his arms. He looked up, having no idea how scared he looked. "Her throat."

"What happened?" Buffy asked, eyes wide with shock and surprise. Sure, they had spent the past moments talking about the dangers of the streets, but she had never imagined that Cordelia would actually be laying in front of her obviously hurt. She could also see the blood coating Xander's shirt, the fear in his eyes.

"This guy," Xander said, running a hand through his hair, "this vampire attacked her. Said it was a warning. He cut her throat. I didn't think it was too bad when I first staked the bastard, but it was deep. She started to bleed a lot and her heart is slowing down."

"Xan?" Cordelia said weakly, squeezing his hand, "I'm here, you know."

"Shh, Delia, don't talk," he said, brushing her hair from her face. "We'll get you to a hospital."

"No hospital," Cordelia said.

"Cordelia, that is a deep cut," Angel said in his best fatherly voice.

"It hurts like hell," Cordelia said softly, "but no hospitals!"

Willow looked at Drusilla for a few minutes, each woman knowing what the other was thinking. Finally, Willow smiled and stood, moving towards the brunette human. "Let me look at it."

"OK," Xander said, moving back enough for Willow to look at Cordelia's wound.

Willow caught Delia's eyes, saying softly, "This is going to sting for a few minutes. The cut is deep, but not very big. Do you want me to fix it?"

"Fix it?" Cordelia repeated weakly, her eyes fluttering as she struggled for a breath.

Willow closed her eyes, whispering softly to herself as she placed her left palm against the knife wound. Xander didn't understand the language that Willow was speaking, but he listened as the redhead spoke. He watched with curious eyes as Willow's eyes glowed. He heard Cordelia whimper as the girl squeezed his hand tightly. He could feel her fingernails digging into his palm, her breathing becoming ragged. The entire room was silent, everyone's eyes on Willow, Cordelia and Xander. Drusilla, Faith and Wesley knew from experience what was happening. The others were clearly confused and curious. Willow's eyes opened suddenly and she arched forward when she felt the power run through her. Her demon came forward, her face ridged, her eyes a brilliant white blue as Cordelia's eyes opened and she gasped, her eyes caught by Willow's. Within seconds, Willow's eyes closed and she slumped backwards, against Drusilla who had moved to catch her mate.

Willow's eyes opened, their green depths sweeping over Cordelia and then looking up at Drusilla, "All better."

Xander looked at Cordelia, "Shit," he said softly when he saw that the wound on her neck had healed, the mark of a small hand the only thing marring Cordelia's graceful neck. He watched as the pale white outline of the hand began to fade as Cordelia stirred against him. He looked back at Willow, seeing the girl resting against Drusilla.

"Yeah, baby, it's all better now," Drusilla said softly, her fingers stroking Willow's red hair.

"Good," Willow smiled a tired smile as her eyes drifted close.

Drusilla smiled softly, leaning down and brushing her lips against Willow's hair. She looked up, catching Faith's eyes, "She's used a lot of power. She'll be out for a while. Do you have a cold rag for her face?"

"I'll get one," Faith said, getting to her feet. "Delia, do you need anything? You'll probably get pretty thirsty. I usually do."

"Something to drink would be wonderful," Cordelia said softly, her hand moving to her neck as she shot a puzzled look at Drusilla. "What did she do? It doesn't hurt anymore, but there is something different. I feel different."

"Not now," Drusilla said, softening her words with a small smile. "She'll be awake soon. Xander, you said the vampire gave you a warning. What was it?"

Xander shrugged, "I don't remember really. I was worried about Cordelia. Something about tell the sirian that Mattias owns the town and that soon he'll own her too. Or something like that."

"Sirian?" Giles spoke up, "bloody fucking hell. Are you certain?"

"Well, I think so," Xander said, shaking his head. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

Giles sighed, realization in his eyes as he looked at Willow and then at Drusilla. "It's true? She's a sirian? I can't believe it. They really do exist."

"Yes, it's true," Drusilla said softly, giving the elder watcher a warning look that told him to keep his mouth shut for the time being. She put her cheek against Willow's head and held her mate close as she waited for her to wake up.

********************

Willow came to slowly, the pounding in her head fading as she opened her eyes. She felt Drusilla's soothing fingers on her scalp, her mate knowing exactly what she needed. She could feel the damp cloth on her forehead, the coolness faint but still evident. She must have been out for ten minutes at least, judging by the temperature of the washcloth. "I so hate that part."

"You're awake," Drusilla said softly, not stopping her finger's movements.

Willow nodded as she snuggled closer to Dru, "Yeah. That one drained me for some reason."

"You've been out nearly ten minutes," Faith said, wanting to make sure Willow was OK.

"It seemed like such a small wound," Willow said before smiling, "guess it wasn't."

"Do you need anything?" Wesley asked, still not sure what to do for Willow after nearly three years.

"I'm fine. How is Cordelia?" Willow asked, looking at the watcher.

"I don't feel like I was even hurt," Cordelia said softly, her eyes looking at Willow.

Willow looked at Cordelia in surprise, having assumed that the others had gone. She ventured a glance past Drusilla and saw her former friends sitting around and watching, and waiting. She sighed, running a hand over her face. This was not how she had imagined spending her evening. Maybe a bit more flirting with Spike, some more cryptic clues for Buffy just to drive the former slayer a bit more crazy, and some teasing with Faith. That was it. Instead, she got to pass out for nearly ten minutes after saving Cordelia. Did she save Cordelia? It had been a deep wound but had it been life threatening? It hadn't seemed to be. She still felt a little dazed though. Her reaction was strange, not something common despite her having saved Faith several times. "There's no pain?"

"No. Not even an ache," Cordelia said, her hand moving to where the wound had been not twenty minutes before. "It's gone. Not a trace."

"She wasn't just cut," Willow said thoughtfully as she got to her feet. She shook her head, trying to clear it. "Goddess, I'm still reeling from this one."

"Why don't you sit down? What do you need?" Faith asked.

"I need to walk, to clear my head," Willow said with a smile at her friend.

"What do you do mean that it wasn't just a cut?" Giles asked, strangely at ease with the situation now that he realized the truth behind Willow's demon. The doubts that he might have had faded completely when hearing that one word, sirian.

"It was poison. Would appear that our good friend Mattias used an ancient ploy to give me a message," Willow said, stopping and looking at them, "It was for me, wasn't it?"

"Yes," Drusilla said softly. "Poison? Are you sure you're all right?"

Willow ignored her, looking at Cordelia and saying, "I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of our little game. He doesn't play fair."

"You saved me," Cordelia said, again feeling a slight nagging at her mind as she looked at Willow. "How, by the way?"

"I took away the bad stuff and replaced it with good," Willow said with a smile. She sighed, shaking her head, "It's a bit difficult to explain so I shan't try. Trust me when I say that it is one of my more helpful powers, that I have done it often enough, and that I am quite all right. I'm usually only this drained if I pull someone from death."

"You took the poison from her?" Buffy said, putting the pieces together slowly. "That's why you were knocked out, isn't it? Some sort of healing spell or something?"

"Or something," Willow said, a bit surprised that Buffy was actually paying attention and understanding things that she had not spoken. "It's almost out of my system as we speak."

"Why didn't it kill you?" Xander asked. "I mean, it was killing her."

"Part of the gift, dear boy," she responded, again not really answering the question but not ignoring it either. She knew it was inevitable that they would find out what she was, what it meant. She didn't like dwelling on the past, never had. She lived in the present, rarely even looking towards the future. She knew what her future was, or at least what most of it was. Had since that fateful evening back in July of 2000. Thinking of Elasius brought a smile to her lips. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts of memories, "I've suddenly realized that I am ravenous."

"For food, pet?" Spike asked, arching a brow as he almost leered at her, giving her no doubts to what he was hoping she was hungry for.

"Yes, for food," she said, laughing as she realized that he was probably the only one that didn't give a royal fuck what was really going on with her. If she told him to fight, he'd fight. That was good enough for him. She smiled, rather glad that he was there. "Incorrigible flirt, aren't you?"

"Only with you, luv," he said with a wink.

"I think I might be sick," Faith said groaning though her eyes danced with amusement. Looking at Willow, she said, "I'll call in pizza."

"While she's doing that, I have a question that I want answered before anyone eats," Buffy said, leaning forward. "What the hell is a sirian?"

********************

Willow cringed when she heard Buffy's question. She should have known the former slayer would cut to the chase and demand answers. In a way, she didn't blame the blonde. If it had been her, she'd have already demanded answers or left town. It seemed Buffy had grown a bit more patient in her older age. That made Willow smile and look at her old friend, almost glad for the first time that they had been able to have a second chance to be friends. She sighed, "We can't eat without details?"

"Nope," Buffy said, fighting a smile at the look on her best friend's face. It was strange, but even though so many years had passed, Willow was still her best friend. Even back home, she'd catch herself often thinking about calling the redhead or just storing some various memory to share with her. Of course, she'd tried calling several times years before. The number had been disconnected. Her letters had been returned unopened, with no messages from her once close friend. She had honestly assumed that Willow had left Sunnydale just as they all had done. Now, she no longer knew what she thought. "I want some damn answers."

"Do they have to be damned?" Willow asked with a cheeky smile, knowing that there was no avoiding the questions any longer. Well, she decided, some of the questions.

"Willow," Buffy warned, her eyes narrowing.

"Fine, but let them call in the pizza at least," Willow said.

"OK. They can phone in the pizza," Buffy said, adding as an afterthought, "get one with extra cheese."

"Anything else, B?" Faith asked, before looking at the others at the blonde's negative nod. "Any special orders?"

"I could eat anything," Xander said from his position beside Cordelia.

"Something with veggies would be nice," Cordelia said, noticing with a shy smile that Xander was still holding her hand.

"Do they happen to have things beside pizza?" Giles asked, not liking the greasy food very much.

"They've got subs," Faith said, thinking. "And I think they've got some other Italian food, but we tend to just get pizza."

"A meatball sub would be grand," Giles said.

"Faith, I'll call in the order," Drusilla said, holding her hand out for the cordless phone and list that Faith had hastily written down. She dialed the number from memory, having phoned it often enough for her lover. She placed the order and told them that it would be picked up. After canceling that call, she dialed another number, her voice changing as her face did. She was forceful and gave no room for argument, giving out various orders and asking important questions concerning her family. She told Stephen about Cordelia's attack and expressed her disinterest in Mattias getting that close to people that she cared about. Stephen assured her that the matter would be looked into with his usual attention to detail. She also asked for three fresh bags of blood to be delivered to her along with the pizza. Hanging up, her face changed and she smiled, handing the phone back to Faith. "Stephen is going to have some of the family remind Mattias who owns the town. I fear if this continues, another war is imminent."

"No wars," Faith said, shaking her head. "Been there, done that. Even if we won again, I don't want to go back there."

"We won't," Willow said with a confident smile. "We learned from our previous mistakes. Besides, he's no opponent for us. We could have struck him down by now if not for fear of his followers' retaliation. No, when we strike, they all die."

"Between all of us, that shouldn't be so difficult," Wesley said with a nod. Then, he smiled, "with two slayers, three powerful vampires, two former watchers, two expert demon fighters, and a sirian, he doesn't stand a chance."

"Which brings us back to my original question," Buffy said with obvious annoyance. She looked at Willow, her statement softening, "What are you, Willow?"

********************

Before Willow could say anything, Angel interrupted, "And no more of this subtle sidetracking, Willow. I've heard rumors, in the past, but honestly can't remember the details. From Giles' reaction, I'm assuming he is aware of what a sirian is. Please enlighten the rest of us."

"Bloody hell," Spike cursed, blowing out a cloud of smoke as he caught her green eyes, "tell the twits what they want to know so they'll shut up. Then maybe we can shag."

Willow laughed, "You're incorrigible. But I will answer the question. Well, as best that I can. I'm afraid that Giles probably knows more details than I."

"Willow," this time it was Xander who glared at the redhead.

She laughed again, her hand pushing her hair from her face, "It really isn't that exciting. Trust me, you'll be disappointed."

"We can judge that for ourselves," Cordelia said.

"As you know, I'm a sirian," Willow said, moving to rest her head against Drusilla as she spoke. She felt her lover's fingers in her hair, a comforting gesture that always calmed her. "I'm a demon."

"Tell us something we didn't know," Buffy suggested, her tone a bit sarcastic.

"There aren't many of my kind in the world," Willow said, almost laughing at Buffy's remark. "I'm a good demon. Um, most of the time I'm pretty normal, though a couple of days a month the demon is stronger."

"You can save the dead," Cordelia pointed out softly.

Willow looked at her and smiled, "Only when the dying is pure of heart and judged worthy. I'm afraid that my demon is a bit of a lie detector of sorts. I can see inside people's hearts, inside their true intentions if you will. I can help those my demon deems worthy, while I can kill those with hearts of pure evil."

"A sirian is a myth," Giles said quietly, looking at Willow. "I've heard the name whispered around the council, one of the few demons rumored to exist that they know hardly anything about. I've heard rumors, of course. The most common places the sirian as an instrument for good, much like a slayer. There is a calling, if you will. One accepts their duty and uses their powers for good, much like Willow said."

"In a way," Willow said, stopping Giles. "It's not a calling, though. I mean, I didn't have it inside of me or anything like that, not like Buffy. It wasn't inherited or predicted or any of those lofty notions."

"You can kill the mean guys, heal the good guys and pretty much fight evil?" Xander asked, trying to understand what Willow had become.

"In a short definition, yes," she said. "There are many facets to my demon, more than most because of our nature. I've heard rumor that the first sirian was created to battle demons that the gods judges to be harmful to humans and other demons. Of course, I've also heard that the first one was born from a union between a demon and a human, their offspring taking the best qualities of both and evolving as years passed. I don't know what's true. It doesn't really matter. I spent months learning about my demon, adjusting to living with it, finding out what was expected of me."

"Learning?" Buffy asked, glad that Willow at least was not something she would have to worry about fighting. "When did you become the demon? How did it happen? Does it hurt? Was it always there? Is it a pain in the ass?"

"Buffy!" Willow stopped the slayer, laughing as she shook her head, "I think that's enough questions for now. You can't learn everything in a few hours. It took me days to learn just the basics. It doesn't hurt. It was a bit unusual at first but that was years ago. It's been nearly three years so I'm rather used to it. No, it wasn't always there. I was not born with my demon nor did I get it the way that Drusilla received hers, passed along after I died. It's an honor to become a sirian. As Giles said, we are rather a myth even in the demon realm. There are less than a hundred of us in the world, from what I understand. Out of those, only a dozen or two can create more, if you will."

"You mean it's like some sort of club? Only some of you can create children?" Spike said, making a face. "Bugger that."

"We're not children," Willow said with a patient look. "There is no sire. No one passes the demon along from themselves to another. It's quite difficult to explain and I hardly know the details myself. Anyway, like I said, we're not like most demons. In fact, in some cultures, we're considered godlike creatures and not demons at all. Of course, most demons have a similar proclamation to make if they trace their roots deep enough."

"So one day you were just suddenly a demon?" Buffy asked.

"Almost," Willow said with a smile. "It was quite sudden and surprising."

"So how did it happen?" Xander asked, looking down as Cordelia settled her head against his chest.

"It didn't happen," Willow said, holding up her hand before they could start griping. "Guys, I had a choice. I made the decision. I told you that only a few can make others. It isn't passed along really, it's given with consent during a ceremony of sorts. I was chosen, the first in nearly sixty years from what I was told. You see, it was a gift and that is the pizza. You've got your answers for the night. Let's eat."

********************

"How do you feel?"

Cordelia looked up and smiled as she heard the soft voice. She shrugged, "Better but sort of weird."

Xander nodded as he pulled the chair closer to Cordelia, "I'm glad it doesn't hurt anymore."

"It hasn't since Willow touched me," Cordelia said, turning her head to look back at the street.

"I'm so glad she was here," Xander confessed quietly, his dark eyes looking at the neighborhood around them.

"Me too," Cordelia said, sighing. "I should have listened to Faith. I should never have gone out alone like that. This place isn't the same as it used to be."

"You've noticed that too?" Xander asked, frowning. "I can't figure out what it is exactly, but it doesn't feel the same."

"Things change," Cordelia said, smiling. "People change, places change. Good grief, Willow is involved with Drusilla. Did you ever once expect that to happen?"

"Never," Xander said honestly. "And Faith and Wesley? Geesh, they always seemed to hate each other."

"Sometimes the bickering and arguing covers up emotions that go far deeper than you'd imagine," Cordelia said, her mind reminding her of their own relationship back in high school.

"How do you like LA?" he asked, deciding that they shouldn't try to open up healed wounds.

"It's all right," Cordelia made a face. "Funny, but I almost miss this place sometimes. LA is a funny place, you either really feel a part of it, or you feel completely alone despite the millions of people. When I lived here, I had you guys. I was part of something. I don't know....it was nice being a part of the family. In LA, I have Spike and Angel, but they don't really need me. They put up with me and we all are the very best of friends, despite what it might seem. It's just, I don't know..."

"I understand," Xander said, a thoughtful look on his face. "It's like that for me a lot of the times. I mean, Giles has a girlfriend. Buffy's engaged. I'm always the fifth wheel anytime we're all together. I've grown up, but sometimes I feel like I'm still the goofy doughnut guy."

"You and Buffy are close?" Cordelia asked, hearing the slight edge of jealousy in her tone and cringing.

He smiled, glancing sideways at her, "Yeah. We're the best of friends. Her fianca33; is a great guy, really treats her well. She's happy in Atlanta."

"Are you? Happy that is?" Cordelia asked, taking a chance and looking at him.

He caught her eyes, smiling a sincere smile, "At this moment? I'm happier than I have been in a long time."

"Oh," she whispered, licking her lips as she saw the statement enter his eyes. Looking away reluctantly, she smoothed her shirt in a nervous reaction, "I am too...happy at this moment."

"I missed you, Delia," he said softly, having seen her several times over the passing years but never having the chance to really talk to her.

"I missed you too," she whispered, looking back at his face and noticing how handsome he had become. He was a man now, though traces of the boy she had loved still lingered.

"Isn't that funny?" he asked, laughing softly. "Both of us missing each other."

"Yeah, real funny," she said, feeling her heart start to race as he caught her hand, both silently sitting together as they watched the cars drive by.

********************

"Princess seems to be getting rather chummy with the moron," Spike remarked, letting the curtain fall as he looked away from the nauseatingly sweet scene-taking place on the front porch.

"I'm glad," Angel said honestly. "For some unexplainable reason, Xander always made her happy. I won't fault either of them if they can recapture some of the old magic."

"You're such a damn softy," Spike moaned, smiling slightly at his lover.

"Do either of you need anymore blood?" Drusilla asked, watching them silently from the doorway.

"No thanks, luv," Spike said, blue eyes moving over her. "Offering anything else?"

"Sire? Would you like some more?" she asked, ignoring Spike and his flirting.

"I'm fine, Dru," Angel said softly, still finding the changes in her surprising. She had grown up and he hadn't been there to watch it happen.

Drusilla nodded, moving into the room. She pushed the curtain back, her dark eyes looking over Cordelia. She spoke softly, almost to herself, "A sirian's gift is both a blessing and a burden. Will she be thankful that she was saved when she learns what happened here tonight? Pulled from death to find her entire life changed. Poor dear. I fear it all may be such a shock."

"How has her life changed, Dru?" Angel asked, keeping his voice soft. His dark eyes looked at Spike in a warning for the blonde to stay silent. He recognized Drusilla's mood, knew she might be more talkative.

"It will never be the same, my Angel," Drusilla said, moving her head to look at her sire. She smiled a soft smile, "I fear that I have said too much."

"Not nearly enough," Spike grumbled, glaring at her. "You've taken lessons from Peaches on those cryptic sayings, haven't you pet?"

"They are only cryptic until you understand them. Then, they all make perfect sense," she responded, moving away from the window. She brushed Spike's cheek and smiled, "Still so impatient, little one. In time, everything will be clear."

"Little one?" he said, arching his brow as a leer crossed his face. "Must I remind you how little so doesn't describe me?"

"I believe we shall save that lesson for Willow," Drusilla said, moving away from him. "At a later date, of course. She is not ready for your naughty lessons yet, Spikey."

"And when she's ready?" he asked, a look of concern entering his blue eyes.

"Then you shall teach her," Drusilla responded, seeing the satisfied smile cross his face. She looked at her sire and rolled her eyes, "Incorrigible, isn't he?"

"That's one word for it," Angel said, his dark eyes lit with amusement.

She laughed, "I'm going back to Willow. I do not wish to leave her alone too long. She's still weak. Saving that girl took more out of her than she had planned."

"Will she be OK?" Angel asked, concerned.

"Of course," Drusilla said. "Even in her current state, she could defend herself easily. She's just tired, a bit drained. I've seen her worse. She'll be fine."

"Ready for lessons soon?" Spike asked, winking at Dru.

Drusilla just shook her head as she left the room, muttering, "Completely incorrigible."

********************

Faith sat on the floor beside Willow, her head resting against the redhead's lap. She almost purred when she felt Willow's fingers stroking her hair. "Wesley promised that he'd keep them gone for at least an hour."

"Good old Wesley," Willow said with a smile as she brushed Faith's hair. She sighed, thankful that the watcher had agreed to take Buffy and her friends around town to see the changes they had missed the previous evenings.

"He has his uses," Faith said, smiling a wicked smile as she winked at the redhead.

"Did Spike and Angel go with them?" Willow asked Drusilla, deciding to ignore Faith's flirting, for the time being.

"Yes, I believe that Spike felt the need to fight something," Drusilla said, rolling her eyes.

"He'd better be careful," Willow said, shaking her head. "I'd hate to see him killed so soon."

"Spike can take care of himself," Drusilla said with a smile. "No need to worry about losing him before you taste him."

"I didn't say anything about tasting," Willow denied, her face turning red at Dru's knowing look.

"I know what's in here, Bella," Drusilla said, placing her hand over Willow's heart.

"Stop that," Faith said, glaring at them.

"Ah, poor baby," Willow smiled, knowing what Faith was feeling. She caught the slayer's eyes, her hand moving over Drusilla's stomach. "Do you feel her?"

Faith nodded, the heat spreading over her body as Willow spoke. "Yes," she hissed.

"Do feel us even when we're not here?" Willow asked, her palm brushing over Drusilla's breast.

"Sometimes," Faith said, still looking into Willow's eyes. "It gets stronger, you know. In the beginning, it was weak and usually only when you shared it, included me. Now, I can feel you most the time."

"I'm sorry," Willow said softly, moving her hand from Drusilla to caress Faith's cheek. "Is it very difficult to ignore?"

"Who says that I want to ignore it?" Faith asked, leering. Laughing, she said seriously, "I'm used to it now. Rather like a remote control, you know? I can mute it or I can turn it up. Sometimes, at night, I lay there and just feel. It's amazing."

"Did you feel it last night?" Willow asked, remembering the intensity of her and Drusilla's mating, caused by her attraction to Spike and Angel.

"I fucked Wesley so hard I didn't think he'd be able to walk today," Faith said sheepishly. "It was so strong that I couldn't really ignore it."

"Naughty slayer," Drusilla said with a wicked smile. "Feeling us, enjoying us, wanting us."

Faith smiled as she moved her legs together, trying to alleviate the tension she was feeling. "I love Wesley and he makes me so happy, but he can't give me what you do."

"The bond," Willow whispered, her fingers tracing Faith's lips.

"No, it's more than that," Faith said, shrugging. "I'd never give him up for anything, but I love our time together. The bond heightens it, makes it more intense, but it's not just that."

"Pretty Faith," Willow said, a smile crossing her lips.

"Did you say that Wesley would keep them away for at least an hour?" Drusilla asked, understanding Faith's need completely.

"Yes," Faith said, a hopeful look entering her eyes.

Drusilla smiled, "Naughty slayers need to be punished."

"Oh God yes," Faith moaned, feeling Willow's fingers tighten in her hair as the redhead lowered her head. Their lips met as Faith felt herself pushed back against the floor. She hoped Wesley took the long way home.

********************

Buffy looked around the streets, her hazel eyes moving to Wesley, "People are looking in the shadows."

He nodded, "They learned that evil lurks there. They're not as oblivious as they once were."

"I've noticed that," Buffy remarked, facing him. "Wesley, be straight with me. What happened? I don't mean about Willow and the demon and all that. She'll tell me in her own time. I mean, what happened with this town?"

"I'm a bit curious myself," Giles said, stopping to join their group.

Angel and Spike had taken off their own way, Spike wanting to fight and Angel knowing he'd better keep an eye on his lover. Xander and Cordelia were walking with them, moving a bit slower but catching up to hear the end of Giles' statement.

"We have a motto in our family," Wesley said, shrugging. "No looking back."

"Please?" Buffy asked.

Wesley sighed, making a face, "We told you already. There was a war among three vampires. Hundreds of people were killed. For months, people were afraid to be out at night. It was rather hard for them ignore the evil when they were face to face with it every time the sun went down."

"Your scars?" Xander asked softly.

Wesley glanced at him, eyes narrowing, "They healed. I won't pretend that it was a peaceful experience. I honestly thought that time I was dead. As it was, I was wrong. I don't often look back on it."

"Oh God," Cordelia muttered as she moved towards the wall, leaning against it for support. She heard them asking more questions, heard Wesley answer them. She closed her eyes as she felt a fire spread over her body. Her nipples tightened and she could feel the wetness between her thighs. What was happening to her? She had been listening to Wesley talk about being hurt and suddenly felt overwhelmed by arousal. She felt something pulling on her, images of Willow and Faith and Drusilla flooding her mind. Images of them naked, hands caressing and mouths tasting. She could hear ragged breathing, knowing it was her own. She felt her body tense, knew she was about to cum, and she wasn't even being touched. She looked at her friends, her eyes narrow and dazed with passion. They were ignoring her, hadn't noticed her condition. She was glad. She turned away from them, her head resting against the wall of the business as her hand rubbed frantically between her thighs. She could feel the wetness through the material of her panties and skirt. She didn't understand what was happening, didn't even care as she continued to rub. She bit her lip as she came, muffling her cry of release by covering her mouth with her arm.

Cordelia lifted her head, confusion clear in her brown eyes. She ran a hand over her hair, trying to get her nerves to calm down. She could still feel the arousal, the pull. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up into Wesley's concerned eyes, seeing understanding in them.

"I sent the others ahead," he said softly, smiling at her.

"I don't know what happened," she muttered, her face flushing as she realized that he must know what she had just done to herself, not ten feet from her friends.

He smiled, "We left Faith alone with Willow and Drusilla. I think I know what happened."

Cordelia frowned, "I don't understand."

"Willow will explain it all," Wesley said, pushing her hair off her forehead. "You felt it this far away, so soon. It's strong, stronger than Faith's first one. You'll get used to it in time, Cordelia."

"You're confusing me," Cordelia whispered.

"Welcome to Sunnydale," Wesley said, offering a friendly smile. "Come on. We'd better catch up with the others. When we get home, I'll have a talk with Willow. She'll explain it to you."

"Don't tell her about this!" Cordelia said, her face flaming. "I can't have her know what I did...."

"She already knows, Delia," Wesley said with a small smile as he put his arm around her shoulders. "Let's forget it for now. Buffy and the others are waiting."

********************

"Damn, that felt good," Spike said, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

Angel looked at the blonde, saying, "That was reckless."

"I won, didn't I?" Spike shot back, smirking as he looked at the demon lying dead at his feet.

"Does anyone ever truly win?" Angel questioned, starting to walk past Spike.

"Gawd," Spike snorted as he rolled his eyes, "please don't start the philosophical bullshit. I'm so not in the mood."

Angel glanced at Spike, raising his eyebrow as his lips twitched, "Are you ever *not* in the mood?"

"To listen to your condescending holier than thou shit?" Spike asked. "I'm never in the mood! For a right good shag? I'm always ready."

"Are you?" Angel moved forward, his eyes narrowing as he stalked the blonde. "What about a quick fuck?"

Spike shrugged, smiling sheepishly as he remained silent. Wouldn't be good for Angel to know that he was always ready for a shag. Hell, like the dark haired vampire didn't know that anyway.

"What do you want, Spike?" Angel asked, his hand moving up to caress the air above Spike's cheek. He smiled as he saw the blonde move towards his flesh, needing the touch.

"At this moment?" Spike responded, groaning softly. "I want you, sire."

"Then you shall have me," Angel leaned forward, claiming the blonde's lips in a rough kiss.

*********************

"I'd better get dressed," Faith said, laying on her back, looking at Willow and Drusilla with a lazy smile.

"It's been nearly an hour," Drusilla agreed, her hand resting on Willow's bare stomach.

Willow groaned, "I'm going to have to talk to Cordelia when they get back."

Faith sighed, making a face, "She felt it?"

Willow nodded, covering a yawn, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she did."

"Bet that was a bit difficult to explain," Drusilla said, her lips curling into a smile.

"Nah," Faith shook her head, "Wesley would have helped her."

"Poor dear is confused," Willow said, closing her eyes.

"Weren't we all at one time?" Faith asked, sitting up. She moved her head, her hand going up to rub her neck. She looked at Willow and smiled, her dark eyes running over the nude redhead. "I think I need a shower. I'd rather the vamps not know exactly what how we spent the last hour."

"They'll know," Drusilla said, smiling softly.

"Hey, I'm trying to get Willow into the shower so I can seduce her. Hush," Faith scolded, winking at the vampire.

"Seduction?" Willow smiled, wriggling her eyebrows, "Why didn't you say so? Let's go!"

Faith laughed as she stood, her breasts swaying as she held out her hand to Willow. "You in, Ru?"

Drusilla shook her head, "Not tonight. You two enjoy."

Willow leaned over and brushed her lips against Dru's, "I'll be out in a jiffy."

"Maybe not that soon," Faith said with a leer.

"Just go," Drusilla said, laughing as the girls went to the bathroom. She laid back on the bed, a smile on her face as she heard the water start and her lover's giggle.

********************

Cordelia followed the others silently. She was still reeling from the orgasm that she had had, confused as to what was happening to her, and a bit weak from nearly dying. Maybe coming out wasn't such a smart idea she realized a bit too late. She wasn't sure what was happening, but she knew that Willow had the answers. Wesley's talk with her had confirmed that much. The question plaguing her now was, did she really want the answers? She had almost died. It seemed that she and Xander had both matured and might actually have a chance at starting something that might resemble a relationship. Now, she was having strange attacks of arousal and bringing herself to orgasm in the middle of an alley.

She noticed that they were approaching the mansion, her brown eyes moving over the lit windows. She wondered if Spike and Angel were back yet. It seemed weird, but they were really her only friends. She felt that she needed to talk to someone, but wasn't sure if she could endure Spike's laughing as she explained what had really happened. She started to walk up the stairs and stopped, turning her head slightly. She frowned as she studied the row of trees that she knew concealed a garden of sorts. She shook her head, moving forward another step before again feeling that pull towards the garden. She saw Xander watching her and gave him a smile, "You go on ahead. I think I need some air."

"I can go with you," he volunteered.

"No," she said, "I could use the time alone. I'll be fine. Thanks though."

"If you're sure," he went on inside reluctantly.

Cordelia sighed, running a hand through her hair before going back down the stairs. She walked briskly towards the trees, a frown on her pretty face. She didn't like not understanding what was happening to her. It was her life. She passed through the trees, stopping and gasping as she saw the rows of beautiful flowers surrounding several fountains spread over a large amount of space. There were hedges on one end and flowers on the other.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

She turned, surprised but not really to see Willow sitting on a bench looking at a fountain. No, she corrected. Looking at her. "Yes, it is."

"I was waiting for you," Willow said softly, smiling slightly.

"I knew that," Cordelia replied, a thoughtful look on her face. "Why?"

"Sit down, Delia. We need to talk," Willow said, patting the bench beside her.

********************

Cordelia hesitated a moment, scared of what she was about to hear, but knowing that it was inevitable. She sat down, her eyes looking at the fountain as she asked, "What is happening to me?"

Willow sighed, "It's my fault. I knew there was a chance. I hoped it wouldn't happen, but deep down I feared that it would."

Cordelia looked at Willow, "Because you saved me, right?"

Willow nodded, "Yes. I brought you back from death, Delia. To do that, damn, I can't really explain it. I don't even understand why or how it happens. I'm a sirian. I gave you part of my life to prevent your death. I guess you could say that a small part of me is in you."

"Tonight, the alley....I felt your arousal," Cordelia admitted haltingly.

Willow smiled wryly, "We've discovered that it is more noticeable at times of heightened emotion."

"We?" Cordelia asked.

Willow nodded, "Faith. She was the first person that I ever saved. It's weird, because it doesn't happen if I heal someone. Just, well, if I save them from death. Faith is the only person that I have this link with. We thought it was because of my powers, but we didn't know until you. Frankly, I haven't had to save anyone from death. I'm usually either there too early or too late. The link that Faith and I seemed to exist after I saved her the first time. Every time that I heal her since, well, the bond becomes a bit stronger. Delia, she can't be away from me for more than a couple of days without needing to see me. I'm sorry. I honestly wasn't positive until tonight."

"She has sex with you. Is that part of the bond?" Cordelia asked, making a face. "I mean, I like you and everything, but I don't think I could do that."

"That's not part of the bond. Not really," Willow shook her head. "She had had a relationship with me and Dru before I even became a sirian. I will say that the link is strong during certain times of the month. During those days, when Drusilla and I make love, Faith can feel it as if she is there. She tends to join us more often during that time than the rest of the month. It isn't the bond that attracts her to us, but it does send her to us at times."

"Wait a minute. You said she can't be away from you. I live in LA," Cordelia said, getting to her feet and looking at Willow. "I have a life there. Friends. A job."

"I'm sorry," Willow said softly. "I could have let you die, but I'm selfish. I didn't want to lose a friend."

"I can't move back here," Cordelia said, shaking her head. "Maybe you're wrong. Maybe Faith has to be around you because you've healed her so much or something. Willow, I can't do this."

"There are some good things," Willow said softly, ignoring Cordelia's denial. "You heal quickly. It takes a lot to hurt you. I can always sense you, and you can sense me, once you learn how to control it. It's helped Faith on patrol a few times. I am sorry, Cordelia. I never intended for this to happen."

Cordelia laughed softly, "Isn't this great? You save my life and I'm acting like some spoiled brat because your act might change my life. I'm glad you saved me, Willow. I didn't want to die. True, I didn't want to find myself bonded to you or feeling your arousal and that sort of thing, but it's done. I'll just have to deal with it, even if it means moving to Sunnydale."

"Was it really so awful here?" Willow asked.

"Memories are good, but it's changed. I don't recognize it anymore," Cordelia said softly. "If I have to move back, what would I do?"

"Help us," Willow said. "Dru and I have plenty of room here. We have over a dozen rooms free. Wesley and Faith already live with us. We work a bit like the others, you know. There are still threats and demons to fight. We could use the help."

"I see now," Cordelia gave her a small smile. "You just saved me so you could have one more person to help fight evil."

"You caught me," Willow said, smiling at the brunette that had turned out to be much stronger than she had originally guessed. "It's all a bit much right now. I mean, you almost died and now this. Get some sleep and we can talk more later. Cordelia, if you have any questions, you can talk to me or Faith or even Dru or Wesley."

"I know," Cordelia nodded. "Do you mind if I sit out here a bit? I need to do some serious thinking and the house is so noisy."

"Take all the time you need," Willow said, getting to her feet. "I'll leave the door unlocked for you."

"Willow," Cordelia called the redhead's name as she reached the trees.

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

********************

"Is she going to be OK?"

Willow looked up as the voice reached her. She smiled at Xander as she said, "In time."

"You're saving her," he made a gesture with his hand, "it did something, didn't it?"

Willow nodded, "Yes, but I can't say anything else, Xander. If she wants you to know, she'll have to tell you."

"It's this place," he sighed, looking away from her. "Sunnydale. You think you've left, that you've got a good life, then you get pulled back here and you realize that it is all an act. You can't get away from it, can you?"

"Yes, you can," Willow said honestly. "I choose not to. It's my home. It's always been my home. I could live somewhere else, but it wouldn't be the same. I'm happy here, Hellmouth or not. Buffy seems happy in Atlanta. I doubt she'd ever feel the peace here that I feel."

"It's different for her. She wasn't born here," he said, making a face. "It isn't in her blood. You want to know something scary?"

"What?" she asked, leaning against the door and looking at her old friend silently.

"When we came back a few days ago, even with everything that had changed, it felt like I was coming home," he laughed softly. "I always wanted to get out of this place as fast as I could, now I finally feel at peace cause I'm back."

"That's not scary, Xander," Willow said, smiling at him. "It's just who you are. Sunnydale is part of you, I guess. Are you not happy in Atlanta?"

"Yeah, I am," he shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe I'm not. Giles has his own life. Buffy has her own life. I tend to be alone quite a bit. I have my classes, which I enjoy, but that's it. I date, but never more than a couple of dates per girl before I find something wrong with the relationship. Buffy believes that I have commitment issues. Me? I just don't think any of them have been right."

"You dated Cordelia for over a year," Willow reminded softly, "that isn't a fear of commitment."

"Cordy was different," he said quietly, smiling. "You're happy here. Even with being a demon and dealing with whatever it was you guys dealt with, you're happy."

"Yes, I am," Willow smiled. She glanced at the door, "Delia is coming. I'd better go on upstairs, find Drusilla."

"How do you know?" Xander looked at her but she was gone, already halfway up the stairs before he heard footsteps on the porch. With a sigh, he wondered if he would ever figure Willow out.

********************

"You didn't have to wait up for me," Cordelia said when she saw Xander sitting in the living room.

"I know," he smiled, "I wanted to."

She smiled softly as she moved to sit on the sofa beside him. She'd spent time outside, alone, just thinking about everything that had happened. It was strange how one small thing could change your life. Had she not left that evening, had she listened to Faith, she wouldn't be dealing with all of this. She'd still be the same. She sighed as she leaned against the couch, "Did you see Willow?"

"Yeah. She went upstairs to find Dru," Xander said.

"How did she look?" Cordelia asked, having realized that Willow might not be any more happy about this than she. Having a bond to someone that she had despised throughout their earlier years. She might be angry or upset. Cordelia had been so concerned about herself that she hadn't even thought about the changes this would cause in Willow's life.

"Fine," he said with a frown. "She's happy here. Despite everything, she's really happy."

"So she didn't seem upset or angry?" Cordelia asked, relief in her voice.

"What happened, Delia?" Xander asked softly.

She looked at him, needing to talk to someone. She sighed, "Willow saved my life tonight. It seems, though, that there were some things that neither of us counted on."

"Bad things?" he asked.

"Oh no," she said, "not really. Just changes. Because of the extent of the power she used, as well as I can understand, she and I are bonded."

"Bonded?" he repeated, "What does that mean?"

Cordelia sighed as she closed her eyes, resting her head against his shoulder as she whispered, "It means that I'm home."

********************

"Home?" Xander repeated with a confused statement crossing his face.

Cordelia nodded as she sighed, "Sunnydale. I have to move back."

"Why?" Xander asked, clearly seeing that she was unhappy but accepting of the situation.

"Because Willow's here," she said simply. She glanced at him and smiled at his confusion, "I'm sorry. I don't even really understand it myself so it isn't very easy to explain. All I know is that, when Willow saved me, some kind of bond was formed between us. I'm alive, but my life is now linked with hers somehow. I won't be able to live in LA because it is too far away from her. So, I get to move back."

"Wow," he said softly, "I'm the one that's sorry. I know how much you hate this town."

"Hey, I'm alive," she reminded. "I could live anywhere if it means that I'm not dead. Besides, it isn't so bad. I like Willow and Wesley and might be able to get used to Drusilla and Faith. Willow said that I can help them, so I'll still be fighting a good fight. It's just so sudden. I haven't really had a chance to deal with it all yet."

"You know, in a way, it's kind of funny," he said, laughing softly.

"What is?" she looked at him, not really finding humor in the situation.

"I was just debating whether or not I wanted to move back here," he smiled sheepishly, "seeing Willow again, being here, it's like I'm home. Atlanta is a great town, but it's not home."

"You're moving back?" she said, looking away as she wondered why the idea of Xander being around made her so happy.

"Maybe," he smiled, deciding to jump in and take a chance, "should I?"

She looked at him, studying him silently for several minutes before giving him a small smile, "I think I'd like it, but I can't answer the question for you."

"We'll see," he said as a thoughtful look entered his eyes.

"I'd better go on up to bed," she said after they sat in comfortable silence for a few more minutes. "It's been a long day and I'm pretty tired."

"Sweet dreams, Delia," he said softly.

"Good night, Xander," she leaned over and brushed her lips against his cheek before moving towards the stairs to head up to her room.

********************

Willow let herself into their room, thankful that they did not have to stay at the other house that evening. It wasn't that she disliked staying with the family. She actually liked all of them. Stephen had taken on a role as an older brother, being several hundred years older than Drusilla. Luckily, he had no desire for complete power, instead having a need to take care of things. He was Drusilla's second in command, taking charge of the day-to-day activities of the family. He shared his position with Samuel, a vampire that was a few decades younger than Dru. He, contrary to Stephen, hated daily routines. He was a strategist, having formulated many plans of attack against threatening demons. He lived to fight, often accompanying Faith on patrol. Together, he and Stephen made the perfect team and support for Drusilla's position as Master. They were loyal and would do anything for their mistress. The remainder of the family was eclectic, made up of dozens of vampires and demons that were tired of the usual games. Under Drusilla's care, they could feed and live without worry of not surviving the night. They all seemed to rather enjoy fighting the bad guys, though many would deny being on the 'good' side or even enjoying helping humans. But, when she and Dru stayed at that house, they rarely were allowed a moment of peace. In many ways, it was a family, with Willow and Dru being the parents to dozens of children that wanted attention and focus.

Tonight, she feared she would not have been entirely patient. It had been a long day, listening to Spike and Angel fuck in the room next door then saving Cordelia. She had been honest when she had spoken to the girl. She had not had any idea that she was pulling the ex-cheerleader from death. Not that she would have hesitated saving her had she known of the chance of a bond, but she had never intended to trap Cordelia in Sunnydale. And Xander. She smiled thinking of her old friend. He wanted to come home, it seemed. He also appeared to need someone to force him into believing that, as unlikely as it was, home was Sunnydale. Thinking of Cordelia's newly learned fate and Xander's early talks about home mixed with their reaction to each other since arriving, Willow laughed softly. She looked at Drusilla who was sitting on the bed, watching her with amusement.

"I fear we may have two new roomies, lover," she said as she moved towards the bed, removing her dress as she walked.

"So it was a bond," Drusilla said before asking, "the girl and who else?"

"Xander," Willow said with a smile.

"Ah," Drusilla smiled, having witnessed the attraction between the two earlier that night. "You should lay down, Bella. You look tired."

"I am a bit," Willow admitted as she laid beside Drusilla. She looked at her mate, "Cordelia is stronger than I imagined. She took the news rather well."

"She is not entirely unhappy, then?" Dru asked as she snuggled against the warm body of her lover.

"I believe she is still a bit shocked," Willow said thoughtfully. "I'm not quite sure she understands very much yet. She nearly died and is now bonded to someone she used to hate, being forced to live in a town she ran away from years ago. It's a bit overwhelming."

"We shall know tomorrow how she feels," Drusilla decided. "Maybe we should forget about Mattias and war for a few hours and do something fun tomorrow. Let him see that we are not scared nor are we threatened."

"That might be nice," Willow said, adding, "I should be a bit back to normal by tomorrow night."

"I wonder if I should simply go in and kill him," Drusilla said, her fingers brushing through Willow's hair. "The longer we wait, the more time he has to gain a following. I could him tonight and we would only have to face a dozen or so people. If we wait, that number will grow."

"Shh," Willow said, seeing the many thoughts in her lover's eyes. "Ru, you can't just walk in and kill him. He has people around him to prevent those things from happening. It's too dangerous to face him until we know exactly what the plan is. Has Samuel come up with anything?"

"Yes," Dru nodded, "several different plans, actually. We were waiting to see if the slayer and her group helped or not. I believe we should strike soon, Bella. Stop him before he does become an honest threat. He almost killed the girl tonight. What if he succeeds tomorrow?"

"He won't," Willow said, before sighing. "You're right. We need to strike, quickly and thoroughly. We can meet with the family tomorrow, invite Buffy and the others so we can figure out how we want to handle this."

"Not tomorrow," Drusilla said with a small smile, "tomorrow, we do something fun. The day after is soon enough. I will call Samuel after sunrise and tell him to get everything finished. Jiana can get the details together before our meeting."

"Don't we sound all official?" Willow asked with a giggle. "Details and meetings and such."

Drusilla laughed, watching Willow cover a yawn before moving closer. "Sleep now, lovey. You need to rest."

Willow kissed her softly before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. Drusilla remained awake, watching Willow sleep and thinking of the various ways to rid her town of Mattias.

********************

The room was dark, the curtains thick enough to block even the slightest ray of sun. Spike entered the room, his blue eyes surveying his surroundings as he let out a low whistle, "Someone likes books."

Drusilla looked at him, a small smile crossing her face as she answered, "They're all Willow's."

"Oh, yeah, that's a surprise," he said with a hint of sarcasm though his eyes held only amusement. "And does she read them or does she just enjoy buying them?"

"A little bit of both, I think," Drusilla said. She sat back in her seat, dark eyes sweeping over Spike. "Did you sleep well, William?"

Spike shrugged, making a face as he took the empty seat across from her. He sat down, his feet finding a place to rest on the corner of the desk. He looked at Drusilla, his statement serious, "As well as I could, I guess."

Drusilla's eyes moved to look at the desk top before finding his again, "Are you happy, my sweet William?"

Spike didn't reply immediately, instead taking several minutes to think about his answer. He finally said, "In some ways, happier than I've ever been. Until recently, I was satisfied. I do love Peaches, you know? Always have."

"What happened recently?" she asked softly, already suspecting his answer, but curious. He had changed, just as they all had.

"You bloody well know what happened," he snarled, blaming her for the restlessness he was feeling. He had been content, happy with Angel, for years. Now, in less than three days, he felt as if he were missing something in his life. And it was all her fault.

"No, I don't," she said honestly, not able to read Spike any more now than she ever had. He was still so guarded, such a puzzle.

"You don't?" he repeated, arching a brow. "We came here, Princess. Life was swell until we came to Sunnyhell. Angel feels it too. I know, even if he hasn't said anything. It's like I've been missing something all these years. I can't explain it because I bloody well don't understand it!"

"It's my fault, isn't it?" she asked, having felt similar confusion since he and her sire had arrived in town.

"No, yes, I don't know," he said, running a hand over his face. He caught her eyes, admitting, "Today, laying in bed, all I could think about was how empty the bed was, that you and Red were supposed to be there, with us. I caught Angel staring at the wall several times, know he was thinking the same thing."

"You want Willow," she said, not asking.

"That I do," he said, his eyes still on hers. "And she wants me."

Drusilla nodded, giving a small smile, "She's not yet realized, but, yes, she does. I miss you, Spike. You and Angel. Willow makes me so happy, I can't even put it into words. But I have missed you both, my family. She knows, it's not been a secret."

"And she doesn't mind?" he asked slowly, his eyes moving to stare at the thick curtain.

"She knows who I am, Spike. She's aware of our past, every aspect, and she accepts it. She loves me, as I love her. Poor kitten. She's jealous of my feelings for you and Angel, and she's so confused by what you make her feel. She wants me to be happy and would not hesitate to allow me to join you and Angel. But I know that she is not yet ready. She has had only two lovers, Faith and myself."

"I'd never hurt her, pet," Spike said, trying to follow Drusilla's thoughts and finding it as difficult as ever.

"I know," Drusilla smiled, "but, if she is not ready, she could hurt you."

"I don't follow," Spike was honest about his confusion.

"You said you wanted her. Is that all you feel? Lust?"

"No," he shook his head, "I rather like the chit. She's sexy, smart, bloody ravishing when she's angry, stubborn, and damn it, I don't know. When I'm with her, I feel."

"I understand," Drusilla smiled. "She's special."

"That she is," he agreed. He was about say more but he stopped, deciding they had spent enough time talking and, if possible, he was even more restless and confused. "What's on the agenda for tonight, Princess? Hunting, slaying, a bit of fun?"

"Willow and I have decided that we should forget demons for the evening," Drusilla said with a smile. "I was thinking bowling or miniature golf."

"You're joking, right?" he asked, staring at her as if she had grown a second head. "William the Bloody does not bowl! Have you seen those horrid shoes?"

She laughed softly, deciding, "Bowling. Tonight, we bowl."

"You're evil," he decided, getting to his feet. He shook his head, "I will not bowl! I may go, but only for the beer. You won't catch me prancing around in those silly shoes."

Drusilla watched him leave, still muttering about hell freezing over before he'd be caught bowling. She smiled, turning her head to the right as her eyes found Willow's. The redhead had been standing at the side door since shortly after her conversation with Spike had begun.

"We'll talk later," Willow said with a small smile as she saw Drusilla start to speak. She had a lot to think about, having heard things that confused yet excited her. She moved forward, brushing her lips over her lover's as she whispered, "Bowling, huh?"

"Yes, Spike seemed to like the idea," Drusilla said with a giggle.

"I wonder," Willow glanced at the door and then looked back at her lover with a mischievous smile, "what it would take to get him to bowl."

"Spike is stubborn. If he is adamant about something, he rarely gives in," Drusilla said with a challenging smile. "I doubt that even you could get him into bowling shoes, Bella."

"Such little faith, Ru," Willow smiled, her eyes lit with amusement. "We'll see."

********************

"Please?"

"I'm not gonna do it, pet, so quit asking!"

"You have to do it....it will be fun."

"Fun? I don't think so."

"Spike, quit being difficult," Willow said, rolling her eyes as she looked at the annoying blond.

"I am not bowling," Spike repeated slowly, as if she were a child. He took a drink of his beer, glancing at their audience. He saw Drusilla watching with amusement, glaring at her before looking back at the stubborn redhead. "So drop it, Red."

"Why won't you bowl?" Willow asked, wanting an answer. "Every one else is ready to bowl. We need you to make the teams even. We've got Buffy, Xander, Cordelia, Giles and Wesley on one team, but our team is only me, Dru, Angel, and Faith. We need you as our fifth."

"No," Spike said, "and that's final."

"I paid for your shoes," Willow said, knowing that she was just as determined to get him to participate as he seemed to be to not. She put on her resolve face as she tried to figure out how to get him to play.

"Give 'em back cause I'm not wearing them," he said as he took another drink, his blue eyes not leaving her face as she glared at him. Damn, she was beautiful when she was angry. True, she was beautiful anyway, but when she was angry, her eyes were the most brilliant shade of green and her cheeks were slightly flushed and he felt himself hardening just from watching her think. What would she look like when he finally took her to bed? He had no doubts that he'd get her underneath him one day. She was attracted to him, intrigued by him, aroused by him.....it would definitely be worth the wait.

"Oh, I get it," she suddenly smiled, "you don't want to lose. Bowling isn't about winning and losing, it's about having fun and looking stupid with your friends. Besides, Faith and I are good. We've got a good chance at winning no matter how awful you bowl."

"I am not awful!" he denied, his eyes flashing before he smirked, telling her, "It's not gonna work, Red. I can see through your little plan. As you so eloquently pointed out, it's not about winning and losing so why the bloody fuck would I care if I lost?"

"Fine, you saw through me, Spike," she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in front of her as she said, "Okay, what would it take for you to bowl? We need a fifth, and, unfortunately, you're all we've got. We deserve a break from worrying about Mattias and stressing over what's going to happen, damn it. I want to bowl, and I want you on my team. What's it gonna take?"

"Do you really want to know?" he asked, his eyes moving over her body before looking back into her eyes. He saw her eyes darken slightly as she licked her lips, the soft scent of arousal giving him a good idea that she knew exactly what he wanted from her.

"Tell me, Spike," she said, surprised that her voice was so husky. God, she wanted him. She felt a flash of guilt for thinking about that when her lover and mate was just a few feet away, but she couldn't deny it. She wanted Spike. The arrogant, stubborn, gorgeous hunk of undead flesh had her aroused just from looking at her with those wicked blue eyes. What would she feel like when he finally touched her?

He licked his lips, a smile crossing his handsome face as he said, "A kiss."

"A kiss?" Willow repeated, watching his tongue wet his lips as her stomach tightened. What would it feel like between her legs, lapping at the juices that were already flowing? She had an image of him taking her virginity as Drusilla watched, groaning softly as she added Angel to that picture, desire flashing in her eyes as she regained control. No time for those thoughts right now. She wanted to bowl, wanted to have fun with people that had once been her best friends, wanted to forget the upcoming fight with Mattias and just enjoy a few hours of stress free fun. She smiled at him, arching a brow as she said, "That's it? You'll quit whining and bowl with us if I kiss you?"

"Suppose so," he shrugged, watching her face, wondering if she'd really do it. He'd been pushing her, not sure if she'd kiss him with Drusilla and the others right there.

"Agreed," she said simply as she moved forward, her hand moving behind his head as she rose to find his lips. When their lips touched, it was electric. She heard him growl as his hands moved behind her back, pulling her against him and his denim covered erection. She opened her mouth to him, kissing him back passionately as she tangled her fingers in his hair. After several minutes, she pulled away, giving him a triumphant smile as she moved towards Drusilla who had been watching with amusement and now arousal. Willow smiled sweetly as she said, "Put on the shoes, Spike. It's time to play."

********************

"Have I mentioned how much I hate bowling?" Spike asked as he sat back in the brightly colored plastic chair and watched Faith knock all the pins down with one roll of her bright orange bowling ball.

"Repeatedly," Angel muttered, "It's not how I'd rather be spending my evening, either, but you don't hear me constantly whining about it."

"Not whining, merely making my opinion of this boring arse sport known," Spike smirked.

"Shut up, Blondie! We're winning," Faith grinned as she moved to sit down, watching Willow get ready to bowl.

"I should have refused to play unless I got a kiss," Angel mused as his dark eyes moved over Willow's pert bottom, displayed perfectly in the tight jeans she was wearing. He shifted in the uncomfortable plastic seat as he had an image of thrusting into her from behind as she rode Spike. He felt as if he had had a permanent erection since arriving in Sunnydale and finding his beautiful childe and her mate.

He'd always found Willow to be cute and had planned to turn her when he'd lost his soul all those years ago, but she was even more beautiful now. She was confident and sexy and strong and smart. He could easily imagine her laying on the bed with her head spread out on the pillow around her and Drusilla's head buried in her thighs, adding her lovely lips wrapped around his cock to that mental image, Spike watching and wanking. His lover was a bit of a voyeur, after all, probably get off watching them fuck the redhead and get her ready for him. He groaned softly, cursing his overactive imagination.

"Daddy wants more than just a kiss," Drusilla teased as her eyes drifted to the growing bulge between his legs. She leaned over and kissed his cheek, her eyes sparkling as she whispered, "Soon, my love. I've missed you."

"Hot damn! Another strike!" Willow bounced excitedly as she joined them, her arms moving to hug Drusilla from behind, "What are we talking about so quiet like?"

"You laying naked in our bed as Spike, Dru, and I fuck you until you are too exhausted to move," Angel said innocently, his dark eyes flashing with arousal as he saw the lust in those beautiful green eyes.

"Oh, um, well," Willow sputtered, licking her lips as she realized just how damn sexy it was to hear Angel talk dirty. Drusilla sat down, a smirk on those beautiful lips, holding Willow's hand and running her fingers along the redhead's palm.

"Angel, it's your turn," Faith said with a smile before she leaned over and told Wesley, "I'm thinking that tonight is the night that Willow gets her cherry popped."

"That's a very eloquent way of putting it," Wesley said dryly, having to smile when Faith laughed.

"What can I say? I have a way with words," Faith smirked, kissing him deeply before whispering, "I'm getting all hot and turned on just from the looks those four are exchanging. Get ready, baby, I'm gonna fuck you hard tonight. I can already imagine what the link is going to feel like. Making me wet."

"God, can we keep the PDAs to a minimum please?" Buffy asked, making a face as she saw Faith and Wesley joined at the mouth. She smacked Wesley's shoulder, "It's your turn to bowl, Wes."

"You look flustered, Red," Spike said huskily as he moved to stand behind the redhead, inhaling the sweet scent of her arousal. He moved his mouth to her ear, nibbling softly before he said, "If this game doesn't end soon, I'm going to toss you down in the middle of the lane without caring who is watching."

"You know, these is a lot of sexual energy in the air tonight," Xander told Cordelia as he watched Willow react to Spike and Angel's blatant flirting and seduction, not missing the lusty look that Drusilla was sending the vampires' way nor the way the brunette beauty constantly touched Willow and whispered what he imagined were very naughty things into the redhead's ear. Now Faith and Wesley were looking at each other as if they were starving and the other was dessert. He looked at Cordelia and smiled slightly as he saw the look in her eyes.

"The bond with Willow, it's unbelievable," Cordelia moaned softly. "I can feel her arousal and need. She wants them so much. I know we're rebuilding our relationship and all, but would consider staying in my room tonight? God, I sound like such a hussy!"

"Yeah, but you're my hussy," Xander smiled as he kissed her gently. "Are you sure? I mean, we never went that far when we were dating before and I don't want to just be sex toy guy because you're hot and needy via Will's vamp induced arousal."

"Yes, I'm sure. And it's not like that. I do have two perfectly good hands if I was only after release," Cordelia said snottily, "besides, I'm sure I could borrow some toys from Faith if I needed something more. No, it's you that I want, Xander Harris."

"You've got me," Xander smiled.

"I would suggest that we call it a night," Giles said as he cleared his throat. He exchanged a look with Buffy who was doing her best not to stare at Willow and Spike's sexy display. His lips curved into a slight smile as his suggestion was greeted with enthusiasm. He'd watched the seduction of Willow during the last hour, not at all surprised that Angel and Spike had finally made their desire known. Willow seemed happy and that was all that mattered to the former watcher. Thank God he had brought earplugs with him. He had a feeling that he was going to need them tonight.

********************

End of Part 38