Yearning to Be Near You by inell
Summary: Willow and Draco share a moment
Categories: Crossovers Characters: Draco Malfoy, Willow Rosenberg
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 830 Read: 864 Published: 16 Sep 2014 Updated: 16 Sep 2014
Story Notes:
7/15/04
Chapter 1 by inell
"This is bloody awful."


"Shh! I'm trying to hear the end."


"Willow, it's the silliest thing I've ever seen!"


"I don't care! I've sat through two hours and I freaking want to hear what he has to say for himself!"


"You so owe me for this," Draco muttered as he watched his lover lean forward to listen to the end of the dreadful Muggle movie they were watching. Well, that she was watching and he was making fun of. Regardless, the movie was one of the worst things he'd seen, melodramatic and annoying and the female lead whined too much and the main bloke was a stupid fool. He had hoped to distract the redhead by whispers of far more pleasurable activities involving the two of them, lots of naked flesh, and the new body paint she'd just bought. Instead, he'd gotten a stern look from her and a warning that he'd never again see her naked flesh if he didn't quit whining and let her watch the movie.


"You do what you have to do. I know I can't be with you. I did what I had to do. But I have the sense to recognize that I don't know how to let you go," the man on the telly said, causing Draco to snicker.


"Merlin, that was just dreadful!"


"Draco, shut up!" Willow snapped, her green eyes annoyed as she glared at her lover before looking back at the television. She sighed, "I think it's romantic."


Romantic? He arched a pale brow as he looked at his girlfriend, hearing the happy girly sigh when she said the word romantic. Did she not find him romantic? True, he did not go around speaking in the ridiculous way of the actor in the silly Muggle film, but he showed her that he loved her all the time. He'd even gotten much better at being able to say the words that had been unfamiliar to him until he'd met Willow two years ago, trying to tell her at twice a day that he loved her.


This relationship thing was new to him, though, Willow being the first serious relationship he'd had in his twenty-six years. The redhead was the first woman he'd not left immediately after shagging. Their first time together, he'd pulled her into his arms and held her as they slept, waking in the morning and acknowledging that he never wanted to be anywhere else. He loved her and would do anything for her and her happiness, even watch stupid Muggle movies and be nice to her silly Muggle friends.


"Draco?" Willow looked at the blond wizard as the credits began, seeing a serious expression on his face and a slight frown on his lips.


"Am I not romantic enough for you?" Draco suddenly asked, grimacing slightly as he realized he was a pathetic wanker for actually verbalizing what he was thinking.


"Not romantic?" Willow's eyes widened as she saw the sincere gleam in his beautiful gray eyes. She smiled softly, "Honey, you're one of the most romantic men in the world. I don't need a lot of silly dramatic words to know you love me. One look, one touch, one smile. That's all it takes for me to know that you love me nearly as much as I love you."


"I say it," Draco defended with a slight pout, his earlier humor at teasing her fading as he found himself nervous and rather insecure about the relationship thing.


"Yes, you do," Willow shook her head, "Draco, I love you. I think you're wonderful. I know you worry about doing something wrong, but there really is no right or wrong when two people love each other. Heck, I'm the one that should be asking if you think I'm romantic! I just forced you to watch a really bad movie just because I enjoy annoying you and listening to your sarcastic comments and I think you're sexy when you're sulking."


"You thought the movie was awful, too?" Draco grinned suddenly, his doubts fading as he looked into her eyes and realized that she was happy and loved him, even if he wasn't some poetry spouting prat.


"Oh God, yes!" Willow laughed, "I'd have much rather turned it off and played with you, but you were so damn cute that I couldn't just give in and shag you senseless until the movie was over."


"It's over now," he leered playfully as he moved his fingers along the curve of her cheek.


"That it is," Willow smiled as she leaned forward and brushed her lips against his, sharing a gentle kiss that eased any of his worries. Pulling back, a wicked gleam entered her eyes as she said, "First one to the bedroom gets to be on top!" before she moved off the sofa and headed to their bedroom. She laughed as Draco caught her, kissing her and sweeping her into his arms as he carried her to their bedroom.


*the end*
This story archived at http://inell.avada-kedavra.net/viewstory.php?sid=1321