Passion For the Game

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:
Oct 4, 2006
Katie was giggling about how handsome Oliver looked, and Angelina wasn’t much better with her naughty whispers about Diggory and Davies. Alicia rolled her eyes and focused on what Oliver was saying, not how he looked. Angelina was a natural at the game and would most likely to be captain when Oliver left, and Katie didn’t really care about the game so much as she liked being part of the team, so they could both whisper about boys instead of paying attention.

However, Alicia didn’t have time for such nonsense, not when she wanted to become the best Chaser that Hogwarts had ever seen. That was her goal and had been since she first watched her brothers play when she was nine. Logically, she knew that she’d not actually achieve that goal, but it still motivated her to learn and practice, so she kept it. If she was good enough, she might be able to play professionally after school. She didn’t tell anyone about her dream to join the Harpies or United because she didn’t know if she was good enough and didn’t want anyone to know if she tried and failed.

It had been bad enough to be on the reserve team, having to listen to her brothers talk about their days playing at Hogwarts and endure their pathetic attempts at consoling her (Reserve is good, especially when you’re not a great flier, Leesh.). She’d shown them, though, and had proudly owled all three when Oliver promoted her to the House team. She was going to miss Oliver when he was gone. Not because he was handsome or an amazing player, but because he shared that passion for the game.

End