Happy Endings

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
The parents are listed with the kids and ages underneath. Some of these children were introduced in Haunted, others were born after that story took place.

Xander/Anya
William, 24.
Anne, 22.
Jesse, 19.
Emma, 16.

Buffy/Riley
Andrew, 23.
Taryn, 17.
Twins: Kristen and Trevor, 16.

Angel/Cordelia (with some help from their friends....)
Liam, 17. (Mother---Cordelia. Father---Charles Gunn)
Sian, 16. (Mother---Cordelia. Father---Wesley)

Willow/Spike have no children for obvious reasons :)

Wesley/Gunn are involved and have the children listed above from their donation to Cordelia.
Faith is also involved with both of these men but has no children of her own.

********************


YEAR: 2025

The sun was shining over the small field as a dozen boys played an impromptu game of touch football. Several teenagers sat around the field, watching the game as they did their homework of simply talked to friends. On a blanket near the corner of the field, three pretty girls sat watching the players. One, a petite beauty with dark hair and a pale complexion glanced from a notebook in front of her to the game, her violet eyes keeping track of everything happening around her. Another, a blonde with sparkling blue eyes, watched the game and called out insults to one player in particular, obviously related to her. The last, this one a bit older but not by much, smiled at the blonde as she pushed her light brown hair into a sloppy ponytail. She looked at the field and then started to speak.

Taryn Finn smiled as she watched her brother fall again, a scowl crossing his handsome face as he lost the football. She laughed as she told her sister, "I swear his butt is gonna be black and blue before this game ends."

Kristen Finn smiled as she flung her long honey blonde hair behind her shoulder, "I don't know, sis...Trevor has quite a bit of padding..."

"He should come running with me in the mornings," Sian Chase said, critically eyeing the brother of two of her best friends. "He could stand to lose a few pounds."

Taryn looked at her small but athletic friend and laughed, "Hon, you run at like 6 every morning. When has Trevor ever been out of bed before 7?"

Sian laughed, "Well, it was just a suggestion. I guess I didn't think."

"What's funny?" a deep voice asked from above.

The girls looked up, their hands going up to cover the sun as they smiled at the newcomer. He was an attractive boy, caramel colored skin and intelligent chocolate colored eyes. An easy smile lit his face, making him completely approachable. He laughed, "Did I interrupt some secret girly thing?"

Sian rolled her eyes, "Why do you always think we're telling secrets?"

He shrugged as he sat down, "Because you guys usually are."

"It was actually nothing that major," Taryn said, motioning to the field, "we were just discussing Trevor's excess weight."

His eyes widened as he whistled, "Harsh, girls. The boy isn't packing many extra pounds."

"Typical guy," Kristen said, laughing. "Always standing up for each other."

Sian looked at her brother, "Liam, the boy is getting chubby."

"He likes to eat. What's wrong with that?" Liam asked his sister before looking at the boy in question. Trevor Finn, one of his best friends, was running across the field, a determined look in his hazel eyes. Liam just shook his head, not seeing that his friend looked any different than usual. Of course, he didn't really pay much attention to silly things like that.

"Nothing's wrong with it if he burns off the calories," Sian said. "Problem is, with football season over, Trev is pretty much idle."

"Whatever," Liam muttered, deciding to quit defending his friend. Wasn't really worth facing the girls without some form of backup. He slowly smiled as he noticed a figure approaching. Backup.

"Hey baby," a soft voice said, leaning over to kiss a smiling Sian. The girl sat down, "Damn, I didn't think I'd ever get that paper done."

"Murphy's class again?" Kristen asked.

Emma Harris nodded as she frowned, "That man hates me. Hell, he hates everyone. I really wish Dad would just fire him."

Sian looked at her girlfriend, laughing as she pushed a lock of auburn hair from the girl's pretty face, "I bet I can predict what he'd say to that request."

"He's just no fun," Emma said, smiling. "I bet he never had to deal with evil teachers that were out to make his life miserable."

Liam snorted, "Oh please. We've all heard the stories. Somehow I doubt Murphy would be anything near as bad as the Mayor."

"Yeah, at least Murphy isn't a demon," Taryn said with a smile.

"So, is Hunky coming to pick you up today?" Kristen asked Emma with a large smile.

"Yes, JESSE is picking me up," Emma said, rolling her eyes. "He's got a lab at two but he said he'd be here by four."

"I'm coming over after school," Sian informed her girlfriend with a smile. "Your Mom found me a protective amulet. Willow was going to put a spell on it and I said I'd pick it up today."

"Staying for dinner?" Emma asked. "The lovebirds are coming over. Discussing the wedding with Mom and Dad."

"That's right," Taryn said, smacking her hand on the blanket. "I forgot that. Mom and Dad are meeting them. Anya asked us over, said it could be pizza night."

"I really wish my parents would keep me informed," Emma said, laughing. "Mom is so hyper about Anne's wedding, you'd think she was the one getting married."

"Well, it is special," Liam reminded. "Her eldest daughter marrying and all that stuff."

"It's just Andrew," Emma said, rolling her eyes. "He's practically our brother. He's been around forever."

"Oh, Sian, don't forget, we're staying with the Dads this weekend," Liam said. "Mom asked me to remind you."

"I remember. Faith said she might show me some new moves," Sian said, smiling. "And the Dads are about to pitch a hissy over it."

"Why are y'all staying there for the weekend?" Kristen asked, noticing that Trevor's team was winning. She yelled out an insult to her twin brother, sticking her tongue out at the blonde as he flipped his middle finger up at her.

"Mom and Dad have a romantic weekend planned," Sian said, wriggling her eyebrows. "So, the Dads get baby-sitting duty until Sunday."

"Eeew," Taryn made a face. "Doesn't it bother you to think about your parents having sex?"

Sian shrugged, "Not really. I mean, I wouldn't want to walk in on it but it means they're still in love so its cool."

Emma looked at her watch, "Jesse should be here soon, if he remembers."

"If he doesn't, we can call William," Sian said, smiling. "You know he wouldn't leave us out here."

"Depends on how busy he is," Emma said, smiling fondly as she thought of her older brother. "Since he started working with Mom, Spike and Willow, he's always running around crazy. He so needs to learn how to relax."

"William relax?" Taryn snorted. "Despite his super intelligence, I don't think he knows the meaning of the word."

"Yeah, he skipped that class on his quest to finish college before age twenty," Liam said, laughing as Trevor fell again. "Ouch, that had to hurt."

"Hey, not just everyone can have a masters degree before they turn twenty thank you very much," Emma said, proud of her brother. "Besides that, his idea of relaxing is to work."

"He only likes work because Willow is there," Taryn said, her eyes flashing with regret as she looked back at the field. "I still can't believe Spike puts up with his constant mooning over her."

"Someone's jealous....." Kristen teased, stopping when she saw the narrowing of Taryn's green eyes. "Or maybe not....."

"I cannot stand William Harris," Taryn said primly, "he wouldn't know how to take it easy if he read instructions on enjoying life. Besides, he's so superior with his intelligence and good looks and his knowledge of magic. Like we should be impressed that he's the one that saved Willow WAY back before we were even born. He's annoying!"

Sian smiled, exchanging a look with her brother before she prodded Emma with her foot, "Hon, I think I see Jesse."

Emma looked towards the direction her girlfriend was pointing and smiled as she saw her other older brother lazily walking their way. She noticed several senior girls stop and ogle him, rolling her eyes. He was handsome, she knew, in a goofy sort of way. Rather like her Dad. He took after their father more than any of them did, though, not only looking like a younger twin almost but also having the same weird sense of humor and ability to ease any situation with a laugh. She loved him, even if he was a bit overprotective. "Hey, moron."

"Brat," Jesse greeted his youngest sibling with a smile. "You ready?"

"Sian is coming with us," Emma said, getting to her feet. She helped her girlfriend stand, stretching as she reached back down to pick up her bag. "Mom found her some kind of amulet."

"Mom is good about finding stuff like that," Jesse said, shaking his head. He glanced at the others, "Hey guys."

Kristen felt her face flush as he smiled at her, her mouth opening but nothing came up. She looked back at the field, muttering, "Hello."

"You need a lift?" Jesse asked Liam, the younger boy being one of his best friends despite the two-year age difference.

"Yeah, I promised my Dad that I'd drop in and help him load some new programs," Liam said, standing too.

"If my Dad is there, tell him that I'll meet him tonight about ten, after dinner," Sian said. She smiled, "He wants to patrol with me tonight."

"Will do," Liam said, "my dad didn't say if your dad would be there or not, but I figure he will be."

"God, would you two quit!" Emma said, laughing. "Don't you ever start to get even slightly confused with all the Dads in your lives?"

"Nope," Sian said, laughing. "I mean, it's pretty easy. Dad is Angel. He might not have given us life, but he's been our dad since we were born. And the Dads, well, that one is pretty easy. Gunn is so obviously my dad."

"Yeah, and this is just a real nice tan that I have," Liam said, snickering.

"Fine, I'll shut up," Emma said. "Can't be anymore fucked up than the rest of our pasts anyway."

"Well, actually, both of our parents have been together for more than twenty years," Taryn said with a smile. "Of course, Wesley and Gunn have been together nearly that long as have Angel and Delia so I guess you're right."

"Hey, don't forget Faith," Liam said. "She's been with the Dads nearly all our lives. She might not be married to either of them, but she's practically a stepmom."

"Don't let her hear you say that," Kristen laughed. "She'd bust your ass down."

"Can we go now?" Jesse asked, knowing if he let the kids continue he'd be there all night. "I'm meeting Will at the shop in like an hour. He promised to help me with my Lit paper."

"Neither of you are going to be at dinner tonight?" Taryn asked, frowning.

Jesse shrugged, "I don't know. I was planning on hanging around Willow and Spike's place for a while after we finished the paper. She has some new books in and I thought I'd take a look."

"New books?" Kristen asked. "You mean, old books that haven't been touched in more than years than we've been alive."

He smiled, "Yeah, new books. She got this one that has Spike's history in it. Mentions your dad too," he said to Sian and Liam. "I'm looking forward to reading that one. It's always great to see what they used to be like and then what they're like now."

"Don't remind me," Sian said, laughing. "I get chewed out if I'm five minutes past curfew, but he used to be known as the Scourge of Europe. I think this parenting thing went to his head."

"Enough time wasting," Jesse said, laughing. "We've got to roll."

"Bye girls," Emma said to the Finn girls. "Tell Trevor he's looking good."

"Except for those extra pounds!" Sian said, laughing as she followed the others.

"We are so telling Dad about this," Kristen said, laughing as Trevor fell down again.

"Mom won't let him forget it," Taryn said, shaking her head as her little brother rubbed his ass and frowned. She and her sister began to talk about the upcoming wedding between their oldest brother and their best friend's older sister as they waited for their brother to finish his game.

********************

"Hmmm....lower."

"Yes, m'lady."

Willow had to laugh, opening her green eyes and casting a look behind her shoulder. "I love it when you get all submissive."

Spike smiled, leaning over until his mouth was by her ear, "You think this is good? Just wait until tonight....."

Willow felt a familiar rush of heat spread over her at his huskily whispered words. Even now, decades after their first meeting, he still had the ability to make her breathless with just the sound of his voice. She smiled slowly, a wicked gleam entering her eyes as she responded, "Can I use the new chains?"

"If you're a good girl," he promised, his hand caressing her cheek as they continued to flirt. It was amazing to him, being able to touch her. For so many years he had laid awake at night wanting nothing more than to hold her, never expecting that dream to be realized. Now, he had her in his bed every night. Sure, he had had to become one of the good guys to be with her, but it was damn worth it. She made him happier than she even realized. And, even though so many years had passed, he still remembered how helpless he had been when she was dead, not able to touch her or feel her. So, now, he never let a minute go by that he didn't enjoy being with her. They worked together at Anya's magic shop. They lived together. They played together. He had loved her for nearly a quarter of a century, and that was just the beginning.

Willow felt his fingers trace an outline of her lips. She opened her mouth slightly, her tongue brushing against one finger. She watched as his eyes darkened, his posture changing as he reacted to her. She knew if her eyes moved down his muscular chest past his slim waist, that she would find a growing bulge pressing against the soft denim of his jeans. She loved her power of him. There were times that her love for him scared her, it seeming bigger than either of them. But, times like this, driven by a mutual lust that came from deep within their bodies, having nothing to do with their minds or intelligent thought, made it all fall into perspective. They were meant to be. She moved her mouth, feeling a wet trail from his finger on her cheek. She caught her breath, wondering if they would have time to finish this now or if they'd have to wait. Hearing noises in the other room, she sighed, knowing it would wait until they were home. So, she smiled and said, "I can be very good, honey. Just wait."

"Always have to bloody wait," Spike muttered, looking up to cast a glare at the other room. He wanted Willow, there and now. His cock was pushing for freedom against his jeans, his body was primed to claim her, the scent of their arousal was steadily growing and she tells him to wait. Like some silly child, he thought crossly.

"Spike," she said, seeing the look and smiling. It was taking all of his control not to take her right there and then, to hell with Anya and William in the other room. "Maybe we can leave early."

"Ah, luv," he smiled, moving his hand to the back of her head and tangling his fingers in her thick red hair. He leaned down, claiming her lips in a bruising kiss that gave her an idea of what awaited her. The passion and lust moving over her as his tongue danced with hers.

"Ahem," the sound of a throat clearing made them reluctantly part.

"What?" Spike growled, watching as the human merely smiled, no fear at all at facing a vampire.

"Spike, be nice," Willow scolded, green eyes twinkling as she added, "Naughty boys need to be punished."

"Oh, I so did not need to hear that," William moaned, making a face. "Bad enough always walking in on you two joined at the mouth."

"Jealous," Spike taunted, his arm possessively going around Willow's shoulder as they looked at William.

"You'll find someone one day," Willow told William, aware of the slight crush that he had had on her since he had been five and knowing that it was nothing more than that. William was a lot like she had been, finding comfort in things that he understood and knew well. In some ways, his feelings for her were similar to what she had felt for Xander. There was a love there, but one born from friendship and admiration. Spike, of course, loved to tease the boy. Sometimes she had to wonder just how old her lover really was.

"You think?" William asked, smiling a slight smile.

Willow looked over the boy, man she amended. He was twenty-four. Older than she had been when she had died. It was so strange, watching all of her friends age, their children grow up, and remain the same. She honestly had nightmares sometimes about the inevitable. Watching her dear friends, her family, continue to grow old and die. They were all so close, had been for so long, their children finding their own niche in the extended group as time passed. To lose one of them, it would hurt so much. She would always wake up to find Spike holding her, whispering comforting words as if he knew what her worst nightmares were. In a way, she figured that he did even though she had never spoken of them. He had had more than a hundred and fifty years to get used to losing those he loved. Of course, it wasn't until the last twenty-five or so that he had allowed himself to have feelings for anyone human. She knew her lover well enough to know that he, too, would be in pain when they lost their first friend. She thanked the heavens that they had each other.

She sighed, pushing those thoughts away as she studied Xander and Anya's oldest child. He was a handsome man. Not pretty boy handsome like Blake or Andrew who had both inherited their parent's beauty. And not handsome in the way that Liam was, easy smile and slight edge of danger. And, though they looked a lot alike, not handsome in the way that Jesse was, the humor and goofy smile and loyalty that always made her see Xander at that age. Jesse was almost a twin of her best friend, their likeness more than just physical. There were times that she had caught herself calling Jesse Xander, they were so much alike. No, William was just handsome. Intelligent brown eyes, a smile that had to be earned but was well worth it when displayed, dark hair that never seemed to be brushed and was always just a bit too long as if he hadn't had time to get it cut, a lean body that was surprisingly muscular underneath the large sweaters and slacks he liked to wear. Yes, one day some lucky girl would see him and know what he had to offer. She'd look beneath the shy exterior that usually made him seem aloof, she'd see the man that he could be and she'd hold on, never letting him go. Of course, William was so serious. Had always been exceptionally bright, excelling in all of his classes and finishing college early. He had never really allowed himself time to experience the fun of being a child. Now, he was twenty-four. An adult. And Willow knew there were so many things he had missed during his pursuit of knowledge. She knew though that nothing any of them told him could get him to realize that. He seemed happy, content, even if she did sometimes catch him watching her and Spike or his parents or one of the other couples with confusion and envy. The poor boy knew so much about history and magic and demons, but he had no inkling about real life. One day, someone would make him wake up, see what he had been missing. And Willow couldn't wait to see it happen. She smiled, answering his question, "I'd swear to it."

"You're impossible," William said, shaking his head. "I didn't mean to interrupt your earlier activities, but Mom has that amulet ready for the spell."

"Do ya see the slight blush when he mentions our activities pet?" Spike whispered, running his tongue over Willow's ear as she giggled. "Poor chap is still unplucked. I'd know it even if I didn't smell the innocence radiating off of him like cheap cologne."

"Spike!" Willow smacked his chest, thankful that William had no idea they were discussing his virginity so casually. Looking at the human, she smiled, "Tell Anya that I'll be out in a minute. I found a small protective spell that should help Sian when she's out on patrol."

"Emma will love you for it," William said, smiling at the thought of his sister. "She would never admit it, but she always gets a bit nervous when Sian has a patrol. She tends to pace like a scared cat until she gets the call telling her that Sian is back home, safe and sound."

"Well, I'm sure it isn't easy dating a slayer," Willow said, still hating the idea that Cordelia and Angel's daughter had received the calling. True, no slayer assigned to Sunnydale had died since Kendra, but it was still something that Sian had had no choice in. At least she had Buffy as a watcher, a fact that amused Willow to no end. After Giles had married Joyce nearly fifteen years before, a marriage that was more a meeting of minds and friendship versus passion and love, and the two had moved to Europe, Buffy had taken over as watcher of the Sunnydale slayer. Amazingly, the blonde had taken an instant liking to her job. With Faith having retired and moved in with Wesley and Gunn, the dark haired slayer had joined Buffy in working for the council, often traveling to view slayers in training or to offer expertise at staying alive and fighting a good fight. But, since she was usually in town more than away, she also helped with training the Sunnydale slayer and research and everything. "She could talk to Riley, find out how he dealt with it all those years."

"That's not a bad idea," William said, a thoughtful look in his eyes. "I hadn't even thought about Riley having dated Buffy when she was still a slayer. I bet he could answer some of Emma's questions. I'll have to mention it to her."

"Come on, we'd better go find your Mom before she starts screaming for us," Willow said, getting to her feet and moving away from Spike.

"I've warned her about all that yelling," William said with a smile. "At her age, too much stress could lead to heart problems or a variety of other illnesses that could prove fatal to someone in their late forties."

"Ouch!" Willow said, laughing. "I wouldn't exactly put it in those words, William. A woman does not want to be reminded that she'd nearing fifty."

"You're nearing fifty," he pointed out.

"And I still look about twenty," Willow said, laughing. "Your mother does not."

"Fine, I won't mention her age directly," William said, moving to open the door, "Come on, Princess. You've got a spell to cast."

********************

Anne looked at Andrew and said, "Couldn't we just run away and elope?"

Andrew laughed, kissing his fiance briefly before saying, "And have your mother and my mother hunt us down and kill us? No thanks."

"It's turning into such a circus, Drew," Anne said, sighing as she laid her head against his chest. "I never thought getting married would be such an ordeal. My mother is going crazy. I swear she is. Even Emma has noticed it."

"You're her oldest daughter, Annie," he said with a smile, "and Emma, well, she's involved with Sian. It won't be like she'll ever be getting married, so Anya has latched onto your wedding."

"Lucky me," Anne said, rolling her eyes. "And, Emma could get married if she wanted. She's too young now, as is Sian, but they legalized same sex marriages when we were kids if you remember."

"I know," he said, "but Sian is the slayer. I don't really see her getting married anytime soon."

"Your mother got married and she was a slayer," Anne reminded, not liking the idea of her sister loving someone that could die any day. It was the one thing she disliked about Sian, her being the slayer. She loved Emma dearly and hated the idea that her little sister could get hurt so badly at such a young age. It wasn't her life, though, as she often tried to remind herself.

"She didn't marry Dad until she had retired. She could have died any day until then, and she didn't want to put him through that," he said quietly, hating that he couldn't do something to help Anne. He knew she worried about Emma and Sian. Hell, they all did. The families were so close and interwoven that he felt that they were all his siblings, though his feelings for Anne had stopped being sisterly by the time they had been thirteen and he realized that he could love the dark haired girl that had been such a pest most of his life.

"I know," Anne said softly, "I just worry about them both."

"It's OK. I worry about my sisters too," Andrew said with a smile. "You did realize that Kristen has a crush on Jesse didn't you?"

"Who doesn't except for Jesse?" Anne laughed, "My brother may be adorable but he is one of the most oblivious men I've ever met."

"Especially considering that she's been following him around like a puppy for the past couple of years," Andrew said. "Maybe one day he'll wake up and see her."

"True. It takes you men longer to see what's right there in front of you," she said with a smirk. "I mean, I knew from the time that I was six that you were the man I was going to marry. Took you seven extra years."

"Would you quit reminding me?" he moaned, laughter in his eyes.

It was a regular joke among their families about his and Anne's 'marriage' when she was six and he was seven. William had been eight years old and Andrew's best friend. When William had broken his mother's favorite vase, Anne had seen it and threatened to tell unless Andrew married her. Against his better judgment, but to save his best friend's hide, he had agreed. Looking back now, it had been funny. William, always being the serious one, had found a book that had the actual wedding vows. Anne had worn this fancy dress with flowers in her hair and he had been forced to wear his only pants that weren't jeans and a button shirt with a tie that his Mom had bought for the first day of school. They'd even had a ring, a decoding ring that he had gotten in a box of cracker jacks. He'd loved that ring. He had hated the tie, though, and spent the entire time griping about it and pulling on it, but he had repeated the words that William said, listened as Anne had said them in a serious way that only a girl of six could. Then, he thrown a fit when William had said he had to kiss his bride. He was a man of seven, not inclined to kiss a girl, much less a pest like Anne. He'd refused, causing Anne to cry and run to her Mother and tell the truth about the vase and everything. William had been grounded for a week, he had been forced to play with Taryn who had only been two at the time and to look after the twins. It had been a nightmare. That was when he had decided that girls and kissing were bad things. Well, until he was fourteen and Anne was thirteen and he began to believe that kissing her was his only mission in life. Now, nearly ten years later, they were getting married for real. He smiled thinking how ironic it all was.

"Why are you smiling, Andrew Finn?" Anne asked, looking into her lover's amused eyes.

"Just thinking back. This wedding will definitely beat out our first one, won't it?" he asked with a smile.

"I don't know," she said seriously, moving her fingers along his cheek, "I hold that one close to my heart."

"I promise you something this time," he said with a small loving smile.

"What?" she asked, watching as he leaned forward.

"I won't refuse to kiss you," he said with a twinkle in his eyes as he brushed his lips against hers.

********************

"Liam, what have I told you about these damn shoes?"

Liam looked up from the couch and smiled, "Sorry, Mom. I promise as soon as we finish this game that I'll take them upstairs."

Cordelia felt her lips twitch as her eldest child flashed her a handsome smile. Rolling her eyes, she leaned down and picked them up, "I'll put them away this time, but this is it. No more. If I find them down here again in the middle of the floor, I'll toss them in the trash. Got it?"

"Yeah, I got it," Liam said, smiling sheepishly.

"Do you happen to know where your sister is?" Cordelia asked, leaning against the doorway, her brown eyes looking at the screen of the TV as Trevor continued playing his turn.

"With Emma, where else?" Liam responded, groaning when Trevor's plane crashed. "Man, that was brutal!"

"I got farther than you did last time," Trevor said smirking. Looking up at Cordelia, he said, "You're looking beautiful as always today Missus Chase."

Cordelia laughed, "One of these days that flirting is going to get you into trouble young man."

He smiled, "Promise?"

"Next time I see your mother, I may recommend her buying you a leash," Cordelia warned, her eyes lit with amusement as the handsome teen shook his head.

"Don't tell her that! She'll run out and try to find one....I'm not that bad. Besides, you do look hot for a Mom," Trevor explained, his eyes glancing at the TV as his best friend concentrated on their video game.

"I don't know. Buffy might be interested to know that her youngest is flirting with one of her dearest friends," Cordelia teased, watching the boy fidget.

"Liam, tell your Mom that I was just joking," Trevor whined, smacking his friend's shoulder when the handsome black youth ignored him.

"Trevor, I was just teasing," Cordelia said, moving into the room. She picked up their glasses, "I'm very happy that a handsome boy your age would find me attractive."

"I think I might have to puke," Liam said, grimacing as he paused the game. "Dude, this is my Mom. Sure she may look like she's twenty-seven, but she's my MOM! Quit with the googly eyes. And Mom, don't you have something to do? I'm sure Dad is awake by now."

Cordelia laughed, "I didn't mean to interrupt you and your friend. I can see where I'm not wanted. I just needed to know if Sian would be home for dinner."

"You're always wanted, Ma," Liam said, standing up and taking the glasses from his petite mother. He brushed his lips across her cheek as he moved past her towards the kitchen, "Sian said something about dinner with the Harris'. I think they're talking about the wedding, AGAIN!"

"Anya is going to drive that poor girl crazy with all that planning," Cordelia said, laughing as she shook her head. Looking at Trevor, she asked, "Is your Mother driving Drew as nuts?"

Trevor shook his head, "Nah. She's pretty cool with whatever they end up doing for the ceremony."

"William is still going to be the best man?" Cordelia asked, smiling at her son as he came back into the room, handing her a glass of juice.

"Yep. And Anne still wants Willow to be her maid of honor, but Wills is refusing. Said it should be for someone younger, one of Anne's school friends," Trevor said, repeating some of the things he had overheard being discussed.

"If Anne wants it bad enough, she'll convince Willow sooner or later," Cordelia said, laughing as she thought of Xander's eldest daughter. "That girl can be just as determined and stubborn as Willow."

"I just can't wait until the darn thing is over," Trevor confessed. "I'm so sick of hearing about that silly wedding. You'd think it was some major event."

"Uh oh. More wedding talk?" Angel asked as he entered the room. His arm snaked around Cordelia's waist as he kissed her briefly, "Afternoon, honey."

"Trevor was just telling me how sick he is of the wedding," Cordelia said, sharing a smile with her lover and mate.

"Don't get me wrong," Trevor said, "I love Annie and think it's great that she's gonna be like my sister and all that, but they've been engaged for a million years. I've been hearing about the wedding since I was like ten."

"Yeah, it seems like its been forever," Liam said, smiling at his Dad. "I am so glad that Sian is not into all this wedding and ceremonial shit."

"You're lucky," Trevor said with a loud sigh. "I've still got Taryn and Kristen to live through...."

"Poor boy," Cordelia said, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Would you like to stay here for dinner so you can avoid wedding talk for a few extra hours?"

"Could I?" he brightened and nodded, "Man, I'd love to. Let me call Mom and ask. I know she'll be cool with it though. Thanks so much Missus Chase."

"Go call her then let me know. My husband and I are going to the kitchen to start working on the food," Cordelia said, taking Angel's hand.

Liam watched them go with a smile as he went back to the game, listening as his best friend received permission to stay over for dinner.

********************

"What about this one?"

Taryn groaned as she looked at her doorway. "Kris, it's just dinner. What you were wearing earlier was fine."

"It was to wear something pretty," Kristen said, glaring at her older sister, "not jeans a T-shirt!"

"You could show up nude and Jesse would probably get you a blanket so you wouldn't catch a cold," Taryn said, rolling her eyes.

"That's mean!" Kristen said, moving into Taryn's room. She sat on the bed, her lower lip protruding slightly.

"Truth hurts," Taryn said, sighing as she shut her Calculus book. She turned her chair around and looked at her little sister, "Kris, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get this Calculus finished before we leave."

"You're right," Kris frowned. "Jesse doesn't even realize that I'm a girl. He wouldn't even bat an eye if I danced around naked in his living room."

"Well, at least he'd realize that you were most decidedly a girl," Taryn said, her lips twitching.

Kristen laughed softly, rolling her eyes, "That's bad."

"Kris, you're beautiful. Half the guys at school want to date you. Why not give one of them a chance?" Taryn asked.

"Because I love Jesse," Kristen said, looking at her sister. "Don't give me that look. I'm old enough to know what I feel. This is the real thing, Tar. I feel something when I'm around him that I don't feel with anyone else."

"Honey, he's a friend. An older boy that you've grown up with. I can understand a crush, but love?" Taryn shook her head. "You don't know him well enough to love him."

"I do too," Kristen said, "I know enough to realize that he's my ideal."

"Kris, you're too young to even know what your ideal is," Taryn pointed out.

"You know, I don't really see you being in a position to offer me advice," Kristen said, looking at Taryn with a challenge.

"Excuse me?"

"You're the senior class spinster," Kristen said, quoting one of Taryn's nicknames. "The most beautiful girl in the senior class and you never date.

Goddess, Tar, you were voted Homecoming Queen and didn't even bother attending the dance!"

"So?" Taryn said, shrugging. "I don't date. That doesn't mean that I don't know a thing or two about love. I'm nearly eighteen. Can you honestly tell me what you feel for Jesse is what Mom and Dad have? Or Willow and Spike? That's real love."

"How can you know anything about it when you never let yourself experience it?" Kristen asked softly. "Taryn, I don't want to fight. I just worry about you sometimes."

Taryn smiled, "You don't need to worry about me. I'm perfectly happy."

"Are you?" Kristen challenged. "Do you really even know that anymore?"

"How did we go from a discussion of you and Jesse to me and my life?" Taryn asked, avoiding Kristen's question.

"My wonderful ability to move the focus from me to something else?" Kristen said, smiling slightly.

"Jesse doesn't stand a chance," Taryn said, shaking her head and smiling.

"William wouldn't stand a chance if you'd ever put your mind to seducing him instead of fighting him," Kristen said, watching her sister closely.

Taryn's eyes narrowed, "What is your little fascination with William?"

"It isn't *my* fascination, sister dear," Kristen said with a smile, "but I'll shut up before you hit me. You hit too hard."

"Just remember that next time you want to bring up *his* name," Taryn said sharply.

"So, should I wear this," Kristen asked, holding up the blue sundress, "or this," she held up a yellow skirt and top.

"Just pick something and let me finish my homework. Besides, he probably won't even be there," Taryn said, turning back to her book.

Kristen stuck her tongue out at Taryn's back before she left the room, deciding that the blue dress looked better with her hair and complexion. She started to change, hoping that Jesse would at home.

********************

"I think she wants to kill me."

Xander Harris smiled at his wife, laughing softly as he replied, "No she doesn't."

Anya Harris sighed, smiling wryly at her husband, "You're lying. She wants me to butt out."

"Correction. You dying and you staying out of her business are two different issues entirely," he moved forward and brushed his lips against her forehead.

"Thanks for the support, honey," she said, smacking him lightly before laughing. "I've been a bit overwhelming, haven't I?"

He nodded, "Just a bit."

"I just want everything to be perfect for her, for both of them," she explained, moving to the counter to finish cutting the tomatoes.

"Anya, it will be perfect," Xander assured her, his brown eyes sweeping over the kitchen before deciding he would be the most use cooking the meat. "Annie loves Drew. I think she'd be happy if they married each other in trash bags in the middle of a rain storm as long as she was finally marrying him."

"Don't even suggest that idea to her, Xander Harris," Anya warned, knowing her daughter was stubborn enough to suggest such an idea just to be annoying.

Xander laughed, "I'll remind you that you and I married in a small ceremony with just a few close friends. Look how well we turned out."

"I know," she smiled at him. "It's just, this is the first wedding for the families. I want it to be perfect."

"Again with the perfect," he smiled. "Anya, sweetie, relax. You're not the one getting married. Let Annie and Drew decide for themselves what they want. You want her to be happy, don't you?"

"More than anything," Anya said, looking at him with shock that he could think otherwise. "OK. I see your point. I'll lay off a bit, let them figure out what they want."

"That's my girl," he removed the pan of meat and turned the burner off before leaning over and kissing her. "What else do you need me to do?"

She smiled, "Just be here. That's always more than enough."

He leaned over to kiss her again but was stopped by the buzzing of the oven, "Saved by the bell."

She laughed, "Who said I wanted to be saved?"

He watched her turn the oven off and remove the pan of rolls, noticing the strands of gray in her hair and the laugh lines that had formed around her mouth. They were getting older. Hell, he was going to be fifty in another year or so. In a way, though, he didn't mind. He loved Anya. Loved their kids. He had never imagined living this long or being this happy. Every day he woke up thankful to be alive. Not many people lived in Sunnydale 50 years and actually enjoyed their lives. They were the lucky ones, the family. Willow and Spike, Buffy and Riley and their kids, Angel and Cordelia and their kids. Even Faith and Wesley and Gunn. His family. Xander smiled, moving in to kiss his wife and show her just how much he still loved her before the house was filled with laughter and talking again.

********************

Sian leaned back against the bench, her violet eyes searching the dark sky. She had been patrolling for nearly an hour. So far, it had been quiet. It was always quiet, it seemed. Not that she was complaining. Quite the contrary. She was glad that Sunnydale was not the area it had been when Buffy had been the slayer. She had heard stories about that time, new the truth in the words. She had faced some nasty demons in the months since she had been called, but nothing as horrible as the Mayor or the master must have been. She wasn't afraid. In fact, she was damn good at slaying. Faith had given her a compliment not a week before, something that rarely ever happened. She had been so proud, she had called Emma as soon as she had gotten home to share the news with her girlfriend. Sian loved her life. That was why she was glad Sunnydale was no longer a Hellmouth.

She might only be sixteen, but she was smart enough to figure out what Buffy must have lived with every day of her life. The knowledge that her friends might die any night and she'd be powerless to stop it from happening. The constant threat of danger and always losing people you cared about. Nope, she'd take this any day. In the last two decades, the Hellmouth's power had faded. They still got a random demon every now and then that wanted to use the power, but they were usually either weak or stupid and easily defeated. The really bad demons went other places and were other slayer's problems. Sian scowled as she realized how selfish she sounded. She was a slayer. She knew that was an honor, in a way. She also knew from Buffy and Faith that it was also a burden. Neither woman would ever admit it, but Sian could see how they spoke of the past and of their slaying. She could still remember the tension and denial from the family when she had been called. Slaying was not a gift. Not in many many ways.

She was good at it, though, which meant something. She spent her free time practicing and sparring and learning. Anything and everything to make her the best. Because, she had learned over her short life, only the best survive. And damn it, she was going to survive. She had too many reasons to live to even think about getting caught unaware by some stupid demon. She loved her parents. She knew it was strange to consider two vampires as her parents, but Cordelia had not been turned until Sian was four. She could vaguely remember the warm touch of her mother's hand. And Angel was her father in every way that mattered. Wesley was great too. His knowledge had given her such insight into the entire slaying thing. If she let herself be killed, no one would be around to keep Liam in check. She loved her half brother dearly but he had a penchant for getting into situations and needing her to bail him out. That was the one thing he got from Gunn that she hated. And then there was Emma. Thinking of her girlfriend made her smile. Sian had loved Emma forever it seemed. It had never seemed wrong to have a crush on the pretty girl. As they had grown, she had been so pleased to see her friend returning her feelings. They had been dating since they were fourteen, and Sian wasn't about to let the girl go anytime soon.

She had met Wesley for patrol, sweeping the area with her Dad before calling it a night. Now, she was just procrastinating going home. Emma had that family dinner about the wedding. She had been invited and could easily make it before desert, but she was a bit tired and not really in the mood for other people. When she was in a mood like this, it was better to be alone with her thoughts. Trevor had stayed over for dinner she knew after calling home from the magic store. That meant loud fighting over stupid video games until he was either forced home or crashed out on Liam's floor. She knew that routine well after the last five years. She stood finally, her hand moving to the amulet newly placed around her neck. She smiled slightly, thankful that she had so many people around her that loved her. You see, she had figured out the secret to staying alive as a slayer. Never forget there were people that loved you. That alone could give you the will to live.

********************

"I thought we were having pizza?" Emma said as she stepped into the kitchen, inhaling the scent of steak and rolls.

"Decided on something a bit healthier," Anya said with a smile at her daughter. "How was school today?"

"It was school," Emma made a face. "Remind me to tell Dad that he needs to fire Murphy. The man is a living nightmare."

"Honey, your father is not going to fire a teacher just because you dislike him," Anya said with a laugh. "Besides, he'd have to have grounds for the dismissal at the next school board hearing."

"He's a principal. He doesn't have to answer to some school board," Emma said before laughing. "OK, so he does. I guess I can put up with Murphy for a few more months if it saves Daddy's job."

"He'll be glad to hear of your sacrifice," Anya said, laughing. "Did I voices?"

"I don't know, Ma. You are getting pretty old. Maybe you did hear voices," Emma laughed as Anya threatened her. "It's Taryn and Kris."

"Are Buffy and Riley with them?"

"Nope. They came early to help me with my Lit paper. Well, Taryn is going to help me and Kris is going to look for Jesse."

"He called and said that he and William would be here for dinner," Anya said. "I left them at the store with Willow and Spike."

"Yeah, Sian told me they were there," Emma leaned over and snuck a carrot from the salad. "Thanks for that amulet, by the way."

"Honey, we all love Sian. No thanks is needed for anything that helps her survive," Anya said, looking around. "So, how does it all look?"

"Daddy made the meat didn't he?" Emma looked at the slightly burned steaks.

"Other than the very well done steak, how does it look?" Anya asked.

"Looks great and I'm starved. Do we have to wait for everyone?" Emma asked.

"Yes, we do. Your father was setting up the dining room. Do the girls know when to expect their parents?" Anya asked.

"Mom said they'd meet us here by eight," Taryn answered as she entered the kitchen. "Smells great, Mrs. Harris."

"Taryn, I haven't seen you in a few days," Anya smiled at the pretty teen.

"I've been busy, senior year and all that. It's calming down now that spring is finally here," she smiled.

"Taryn belongs to like a billion clubs and works for a 4.0 GPA plus she takes several AP classes and is senior class president," Emma said with a proud smile, "she doesn't have time to stop and think much less come by and see us lowly mortals."

"You're right," Taryn smiled, "I don't know why I'm here now. I should be out saving the world or something."

"You might follow her example, Emma, and join a club or two," Anya said, rolling her eyes as the girls continued their good natured bickering.

"Why?" Emma made a face, "My grades are good enough for college. I don't really need any extra curricular activities to list. Besides, I have time."

"I'd better go find Kris before she starts searching the house. I assume that Jesse isn't in?" Taryn asked.

"No. He and William will be here in a bit," Anya smiled.

"Is my lazy brother around anywhere? I saw his car outside but can't find him or Annie."

"I believe they're outside, by the treehouse," Anya said. "Tell them to come on inside. We'll be eating soon."

"I think I'll wait, let them have some more time before dinner," Taryn decided, looking outside and smiling softly as she saw Drew and Annie laying beside each other, looking at the sky above. With just a hint of longing, she turned, moving back into the Harris' living room to find her sister.

********************

"Are you ready yet?"

William looked over at his younger brother and smiled, "I'm just recounting."

"You know, we're going to be late," Jesse said.

"The food will still be warm," William said as he went back to counting the money.

"Dude, I don't care about the food," Jesse said, "I want to hear Annie if she finally starts screaming."

"She's not going to scream," William assured his brother as he made out the bank deposit form and put it with the money.

Jesse sighed, "Yeah, you're probably right. Man, I am so not telling Mom if I ever get engaged. She's driving me nuts and it isn't even my wedding. Drew and Annie deserve some sort of medal for putting up with her."

"She hasn't been that bad," William said before laughing, "OK, so she's been a bit pushy. At least she cares."

"Buffy cares too but she isn't going to nuts about it," Jesse said, watching as William rechecked the condition of the store yet again. He'd hate working for his brother, he decided yet again. Everything had to be perfect. Just like Spike, he thought with a smile. You could definitely tell that his older brother had grown up idolizing the vampire, having picked up a lot of the blonde's traits and quirks. Of course, William still worshiped Willow and Spike, considering them second parents as all the kids did. William, though, had a deeper connection with the couple, a bond that had formed before most of them had been born.

"Buffy has two daughters of her own to fuss over," William said, deciding that everything was in order for the next morning. "Kristen and Taryn will be going through the same thing with her that Annie is going through now."

"Poor kids," Jesse said, shaking his head. "Times like these, I'm glad to be a guy."

"Your time will come, Jess," William said, laughing at his kid brother. "One of these days some pretty young thing is going to snare you and you'll be dealing with it all."

"You first," Jesse said, shaking his head. "Nope, not me. I'm immune to sweet young things."

"Yeah," William said, rolling his eyes. "That's why you have the date of the week club. Different girl every weekend. Do you even remember their names anymore?"

"Whatever," Jesse glared, "it isn't like that and you know it. I don't sleep around with them or anything, I just hang out, have fun. You know what fun is, don't you? Oh, wait. No, you don't. Look it up in the dictionary sometime. It's under F."

"As in Fuck you?" William asked, locking the door of the store before walking towards his car.

"Oh my, must have struck a nerve. I made little William use foul language," Jesse beamed. "I feel so proud."

"You so need a life, little brother," William said, starting the car. "This dinner, who's gonna be there?"

Jesse smiled, looking at William from the corner of his eyes, "She'll be there, if that's what you're wondering. Kris told me today that they were both planning on coming over."

"Drop it, Jess," William warned, wondering why his brother seemed determined to believe that he had any interest in Taryn Finn other than sibling like friendship. The pretty girl couldn't stand him, anyway. She was always glaring at him and picking fights. He'd never understand women. "Kris also said that her big sister was doodling a certain someone's name in her notebook when she thought no one was looking," Jesse added, watching to see if he got any reaction. He was disappointed when he didn't.

"When are you going to wake up and stop living in the land of denial?" William asked as he turned the corner.

"What?" Jesse asked, still annoyed that he had gotten a reaction from William.

"Kris this and Kris that. Her name is becoming a standard part of your vocabulary, little brother," William said with a knowing smile.

"Oh, please," Jesse said, making a face. "She's a kid. You should be ashamed even thinking that. Man, that's like incest. She's Emma's best friend."

"Sure, just a kid," William shook his head, as he laughed, "you've got it bad, Jess. When are you going to realize it?"

"You're bonkers," Jesse said, the remainder of his insults having to wait as they pulled into their driveway.

********************

"Would you stop that?" Willow asked, raising a brow as she looked down the bed at Spike.

"Nope," he responded as he again moved his finger along the bottom of her foot.

"Spike!" she giggled, trying to pull her foot away. "I'm trying to finish this order."

"I'm not stopping you," he said innocently as he leaned down and moved his tongue along the same path his finger had traced.

"I have to place the order in the morning," she said, her voice catching as his fingers moved along her leg. She caught his eyes and gulped, seeing the familiar twinkle in them. She looked back at the catalogue in front of her, lowering her head as she moaned when his tongue caressed her lower calf.

"Almost finished?" he asked huskily as he moved up the bed, watching as she turned on her side.

"I'll finish it later," she said as she pushed the book to the floor and turned to lay on her back. Her green eyes pinned him, the scent of her arousal growing thick.

"That's what I like to hear," he said, smiling triumphantly as he leaned down, running his tongue over her belly button.

"After living with you for twenty years, I've perfected the art of procrastination," she managed to say as he moved his head lower, teasing her.

He chuckled at her ability to be snide even when he was seducing her, placing a kiss on her upper thigh. "You're the one that insisted on ordering while nude. Is it my fault that I love you so much that I can't control myself?"

"You're just horny," she said in amusement as she sucked in a breath as his fingers brushed her curls.

"You've made me what I am, luv," he said with a smile as he moved quickly, his lips claiming hers in a rough kiss as he sunk into her warmth. He groaned at the pleasure he felt entering her. He felt her muscles tighten around him as he began to move, her teeth nipping at his tongue.

Willow's hands moved down to cup his ass as she arched up to meet his strokes. Her fingernails dug into his tender flesh as they moved together, his hands squeezing her breasts just tight enough to excite her but not enough to hurt her. She liked it when he marked her, left his bite on her, bruised her. It was strange and slightly perverted, but never failed to arouse her. She moved her hands up his back, scratching his skin as he growled. He'd been torturing her for nearly an hour, using his touch and his tongue to woo her away from her orders. She'd lasted longer than usual, finally being so turned on that she had to have him inside her. This had become one of their many games over the years. He was like a child, in a way, hating to see her attention on anything but him. He was always rather sullen when she brought work home, so she rarely did. When she did have to, he'd always do his best to seduce her away from it, usually ending up with them shagging like mad for hours and then her finishing her work in the early morning hours before finally going to sleep.

Their routine had never become boring, neither one allowing it to. Buffy often said that a couple that had been together as long as they had should stop acting as if they're constantly on their honeymoon. Willow always just smiled and proceeded to touch Spike as often as she wanted, loving being able to feel him. She had gone six years with nothing, having spent the past twenty more than making up for lost time. She felt his fangs scrape against her neck, his tongue licking her skin. She moved her left hand to his head, her fingers grabbing his hair as she urged him closer to her neck. She could feel her release coming, having had enough foreplay with his teasing games earlier. She felt him bite her neck as his seed entered her, crying out in pleasure at the slight twinge of pain.

Spike stayed inside her, purring as he nuzzled her neck. He felt her fingers brushing his hair as she moved into a more comfortable position. He looked up at her, smiling as he asked, "Have I told you before how much I love ordering day?" before moving to catch her lips in a tender kiss.

********************

"I'll be right with you," William called out when he heard the bell above the door chime. He slid the box onto the shelf, deciding that next time he'd take the extra time to get the stool. He ran his hand over his shoulder, feeling as if he might have pulled something. He turned to face the customer, freezing when he saw that it was Taryn Finn. He frowned as she looked away from him, a flash of distaste crossing her pretty face. He glanced down, wondering what it was about him that she found so offensive. "Taryn."

"William," she said, keeping her eyes on a display of crystals. Good grief. She'd almost been caught ogling him. When he had had his arms above his head, his shirt had ridden up, giving her a glimpse of a rather nice jean clad bottom. You hate him, you hate him, you hate him, she told herself repeatedly as she glanced at the clock. "Is Anne here?"

"Why would Anne be here?" he asked with a puzzled look as he watched the enigma that was Taryn. He would never understood her, he decided. Even when they were children, he'd never been able to get inside her mind. It was one of the many things about her that unnerved him. She was unpredictable. She also seemed to hate him, which confused him even more. He'd always been nice to her, thinking her a rather bright kid, especially considering that her parents were Buffy and Riley, not the two smartest people he'd ever met. All the other kids liked him. Why, then, did she always look at him as if he were scum? It bothered him.

Taryn turned to look at him, scowling, "She's not here? It's after four."

"I can read the clock, you know," he said with just a hint of sarcasm. "Surprising what you learn in college, huh?"

"Anne told me after dinner last night to meet her here at four to go shopping," Taryn said slowly with a slight edge to her tone. "She's making some sort of bridal registry or something."

"Well, she's not here," he said, having gone home the night before after eating. Of course, he lived in an apartment above the garage so it hadn't been a very long walk.

"I can see that," Taryn responded with a roll of her eyes. "Is Willow here? Maybe Anne called."

"Today was ordering day," William said, "that means she won't be in. Spike is jealous of her order books and rarely lets her get any ordering done until mid-morning when he's asleep. By that time, she makes the orders and then sleeps in."

"Oh," Taryn said, not at all unaware of how Spike was probably gaining Willow's attention. She sighed, "I assume that means he isn't here either. What about your mother?"

"Met Dad after school," William said, noticing that Taryn was shifting in place, seemingly nervous. Why was she nervous? "I'm here alone."

"Alone?" she squeaked before gathering herself. Way to go, Tar. Hate, hate hate. She collected herself and frostily asked, "They just leave you to run this place alone?"

"I think I can handle it," he said, glancing around the empty store, "it doesn't get busy until after five and on weekends. Jesse is coming in today so it will be fine. Did you want to borrow the phone to call Anne?"

"I'm sure something must have come up," she said, not moving to the phone that was resting right beside him. "I should just go home, I guess. We can just reschedule."

"She had class today so she might be running late," he said, almost reluctant to see her leave. He'd been alone for a couple of hours, his mother having left to meet Cordelia for lunch. He liked being alone, but, sometimes, the silence was unnerving. "You could hang out here for a few minutes, see if she shows."

"I'd be in the way," Taryn said, glancing at him before looking away.

"No, you wouldn't. You can sit and wait. I'm getting back to this inventory," he gestured to the stack of papers in front of him.

"I'm not very good at just sitting," Taryn admitted, forgetting for a moment that she hated him as she confessed that fact. She dragged her bottom lip into her mouth before deciding. She put her bag down and moved a little closer to him, asking, "Do you need any help?"

"Well, sure, but it's pretty dusty. You might get dirty," he glanced at her clothes, noticing that she looked rather pretty in the light blue shirt and jeans.

"They can be washed," she said with a roll of her eyes as she grabbed the clipboard off the counter. "Where do I start?"

He had to smile as he pointed towards the books, "You can work on the books while I finish up back here. Annie should be here anytime."

"Right. The books," she turned, ignoring the way her heart sped up at seeing him smile. You hate him, you hate him, you hate him, she kept repeating as she got to work.

********************

Taryn frowned as she hung up the phone, glancing up to find William looking at her. She sighed as she answered his unspoken question, "She's not home."

"Have you tried her cell?" he asked.

"Yep. Just got voice mail. It's nearly six. She's never this late," Taryn said as she looked at the clock.

"Let me call Drew, see if she's with him. Maybe she forgot she was meeting you. Anne can be pretty absent minded at times," he said as he thought about his sister. He was a bit worried, though he wouldn't admit it to Taryn. Anne rarely turned her phone off, usually only when testing or in class. He dialed Drew's number, waiting for an answer.

"Was she home?" Jesse asked Taryn as he popped his head into the back office. When she shook her head, he glanced at William. "Is he calling Drew?"

"Yes," Taryn said, watching as William left a message for Drew to give him a call. "His phone is off too?"

"Yeah, but I left a message," William said, looking at the phone as his statement grew thoughtful. "Maybe we should go look for them."

"Dude, they're probably off together," Jesse said, only slightly worried about his older sister. "Lost track of time while being all sickeningly romantic."

"Jesse might be right," Taryn said, though she sounded doubtful. "They do tend to lose track of time when they're together."

"Jess, can you handle the store?" William asked, not liking the idea that his little sister and her fiance weren't answering their phones.

"Sure," Jesse said, "it's been slow tonight. But, what do you plan on doing? Going to look for them?"

"I'm sure you're right," William said, shrugging, "but this is Sunnydale. I'd rather find them and confirm that they're together, for my own piece of mind."

Taryn looked between the brothers for a few moments before she reached for the phone. She dialed her sister's number, "Kris, it's Tar. I've got a favor. Can you come up to the store and help Jesse close? William and I are going to find Anne and Drew."

"Find them? Are they missing?" Kristen asked as she balanced the phone and tried to put her shoes on.

"Anne was supposed to meet me here this afternoon and she never showed. Now, there is no answer at their apartment and neither cell phone is being picked up," Taryn explained, glancing at William and noticing him looking at her in surprise. She blushed as she looked away, realizing that he'd never asked her to go looking with him. Well, if he didn't like it, tough. Anne was a dear friend of hers and Drew was her brother.

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes," Kristen said, not realizing until she hung up that she was going to be closing the store with Jesse. She glanced down at her old T-shirt and worn jeans and sighed, knowing there wasn't time to change. She grabbed a clip for her hair, pulling it up into a hazardous ponytail before going to the car.

"Kris will be here soon to help you close the store," Taryn told Jesse as she hung up the phone. "I've got my cell phone so call us if you hear from Anne or Drew."

"You didn't need to call Kris. I think I can handle closing by myself," Jesse said before agreeing, "I'll call you if I hear anything from them."

Taryn looked at William, seeing that he was still watching her with amusement mixed with confusion, "Are we going to stand here all night or go find them?"

"Sure, you can come with me. Nice of you to ask," he said finally, glancing at his brother. "We'll let you know if we find them."

"Have fun, kids," Jesse said with a slight smile as they left the store.

********************

Kristen entered the store seventeen minutes after she had hung up the phone. She glanced around, noticing that the store was empty. "Taryn? You here?"

"She's gone already," Jesse said as he stood up from behind the counter.

"Damn it, don't do that!" she said, glaring at him as he startled her.

"What? Did I scare you?" he asked with a wicked smile. He glanced around, "It's been pretty dead today so you can go home if you want. I can close by myself."

"Sorry, but I promised Taryn I'd close. Can't break that promise. Sisterly bond and all that," Kristen said with an apologetic shrug.

"You sure?" he asked, "I'd have figured you had plans or something."

"Not likely," she said with a roll of her eyes as she moved to sit on the stool beside the counter. "I finished my homework and was about to have eat my Mother's cooking. Trust me, you saved me."

"Buffy's not that bad," he said with a laugh as she looked at him. "I didn't say that she was that good, either."

"My Mother is great at many, many things. Cooking is just definitely not on that list," Kristen said. "Dad usually cooks, but he had to work late, so we were left to Mom. Trevor met Liam after school, so he wasn't there to suffer. And Taryn appears to have gone off with William, which is rather interesting if I may say."

"I agree. Would be mighty fun to be in that car as they look," Jesse said with a laugh.

"Do you think there's something wrong, seriously?" she asked, having been worried on the drive over that her big brother was apparently missing.

"I don't know," he said. "It isn't like Anne not to show up if she made plans with Taryn, but she and Drew tend to forget everything but each other when they're together."

"You sound almost envious," she said quietly as she listened to him.

"Hmm?" he glanced at her and shrugged, "Not envious, really. They're happy. They deserve that. Is that my T-shirt?"

"Yes, they do. What?" she looked down, her face turning red as she realized that it was indeed his old T-shirt. "Uh, no. It's Trev's, I think."

"It's mine, Kris," he said as he looked at her in confusion. "I thought I'd lost it months ago. How did you get it?"

"I bought it at a thrift store," she said, not wanting to admit that she had found it one morning after he had stayed over with Trevor. She'd taken it to her room and would often sleep in it. She knew she should have changed. She hadn't even noticed which shirt she was wearing when Taryn had phoned. This was worse than humiliating. And Jesse was too damn stubborn to drop the subject.

"I thought it was Trev's," he shot back, watching her. "I recognize my own shirt, Kristen. What I want to know is why you're wearing it."

"I thought it was Trevor's," she said, wishing she could get him to shut up. "If it is yours, I'll give it back. Just shut up."

"Trevor wouldn't have had a shirt from my graduating class," he said, not letting the matter drop. He was intrigued and curious, two of his worst traits. "I don't want it back. You can keep it. I'm just trying to figure out why you have it in the first place."

"I found it at my house, assumed it was my brother's, and took it," she said, hating him for not letting it drop.

"You're lying," he said after studying her for several silent minutes.

"What?" she looked up at him and glared.

"I know you, Kris. I know when you're lying. You always look towards the left and you don't look me straight in the eyes. Why are you lying? It's just an old shirt," he was truly confused.

"This is stupid," she said, getting to her feet. "If you didn't want me here, you could have just told me to go home. You didn't have to force me into it."

"Now, wait a minute," he got to his feet and moved from behind the counter. "I haven't forced you into leaving. I never said I didn't want you here. I just figured you'd have better things to do than work tonight, especially working for free. Honestly, I rather enjoy talking to you. Makes it seem less quiet here."

"Really?" she ventured a look at him, her heart stopping as he smiled his lopsided smile that she liked to think was reserved personally for her. She loved him so much.

"Yeah, really," he said with a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to make you mad. I was just wondering about the shirt. But, I promise I won't mention it again since it seems to upset you."

"I, uh, knew it was yours," she admitted quietly, looking at the floor. "It was your favorite shirt the summer after you graduated. I don't think you ever took it off. Even now, it smells like you. I feel safe when I wear it at night, like you're there to protect me from nightmares. Stupid, huh?"

"Oh," he said softly, startled at her confession. He was even more confused by his reaction to her words. He felt a purely male pride, seeing her in his shirt, knowing she thought of him when she wore it....when she slept in it. God, this was Kristen, he reminded himself. Kristen with the pretty blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. Kristen that had followed him around like a stray puppy since they were kids. Kristen that had been his friend since birth. Kristen that had somehow grown up into a very beautiful, very sexy woman right before his unseeing eyes. He licked his lips as he huskily replied, "It's not stupid, Kris."

She looked up and froze when she saw the way he was looking at her, having only seen that look in her dreams. She heard herself asking, "It's not?"

He shook his head, smiling slightly as he answered, "Keep the shirt."

"Okay," she managed to respond before his lips found hers, the kiss tentative and hesitant at first before deepening into something that neither one seemed able to control.

********************

"Where could they be?"

William looked at Taryn and shrugged, "I honestly have no idea."

"We've checked the apartment, the school, even the parent's houses," she said, irritation mixing with concern. "Neither one is answering the phone. They can't have just disappeared."

"This is the Hellmouth," he reminded her with a slight smile.

"Inactive, you forgot to mention," she said with a roll of her eyes.

"Maybe they went out to eat," he suggested, not really sure where they should check. He also wasn't sure if they should even be bothering. Anne and Drew were both adults. They could take care of themselves. True, it wasn't like Anne to make plans and forget about them, but they were in love. That alone excused many things in his mind.

"I'm being childish, aren't I?" she asked softly, looking out the window.

"Taryn, you're anything but childish," he said truthfully. Taryn was very mature for her age, often causing him to forget just how young she really was. She was intelligent, always able to hold a conversation with him about any number of subjects. She was also one of the few people to best him in an argument. "Maybe we should call Willow. Anne mentioned going by to see her about the wedding."

"Yeah, sure," Taryn said, not able to hide the slight trace of jealousy in her voice. She loved Willow, truly she did, but she had grown up seeing William's crush on the pretty redhead. Even now, he practically drooled thinking about her. She wished Spike would just beat the crush out of William, but she knew the vampire found it amusing. She didn't. She found it annoying that William was so caught up in wanting someone he would never have to miss seeing someone that he could. Not that he could have her. No, not at all. She wouldn't take him if he got down on his knees and begged. She sighed, wondering if being this pathetic was part of being an adult.

"Would you mind stopping to get something to eat first?" he asked, realizing that he hadn't eaten since breakfast. "That would also give me time to make sure they're home and that they don't mind us stopping over. I never drop in unannounced. I know they wouldn't mind, but I'd rather not catch them...you know."

"Shagging?" she asked, glancing at him and seeing that he was blushing. She felt her lips curl into a smile as she teased, "Come on, William. It's not a difficult word to say. Try it."

"Shagging," he said, glaring at her before looking back at the road. "Anyway, I've no desire to walk in on that. Up for some food?"

"Yeah, food sounds okay," she said, trying to sound bored. She didn't want him to hear the excitement in her voice. William was taking her out to eat. Sure, it was just because they were looking for their siblings, but it was still dinner. She would still be sitting with him, without family interference, talking. She loved to talk to William. That, in fact, was the first sign of her attraction to him. His intelligence and sense of humor. Not to mention those gorgeous eyes and crooked smile and rather nice body that was usually hidden under baggy shirts and slacks.

"Burgers sound good?" he asked, seeing a fast food place on the right side.

"Burgers are great," Taryn said with a small smile.

********************

William frowned as he hung up the phone. He glanced at Taryn and shrugged, "Willow didn't answer her phone."

"She's not home either?" Taryn put another fry into her mouth and chewed as she thought.

"You know, this is getting weird," William decided. "I mean, Anne was supposed to go see Willow today to talk about the wedding. She told me last night after dinner. Now, she and Drew are both not answering their phones *and* Willow and Spike aren't home either."

"They're probably together," Taryn said. She thought about the dinner the previous evening, having to stay, "You know, Anne looked pretty stressed last night. She and Drew both kept whispering and making faces as your Mom discussed the wedding arrangements. Do you think they did something rash?"

"Rash?" William looked at her, "You think they eloped?"

"Well, it makes sense," Taryn said, fidgeting now that his attention was focused fully on her. God, why had she invited herself along with him? It was difficult enough to not react to him when they were surrounded by their family and friends. Hate him, hate him, hate him....who was she kidding? She'd been in love with William since she was old enough to realize that he was intelligent and gorgeous and kind and never failed to make her think. She liked a challenge, loved talking to him because he was smart enough to carry on a conversation on so many topics, made her feel things that no one else ever had. She felt as pathetic as Kris with her silly crush on Jesse, only, in that case, she thought the feeling might be reciprocated. For Kris's sake, she really hoped that Jesse was smart enough to realize that he had feelings for her little sister. So, she guessed that made her more pathetic than Kris. She had loved William for years and he had no idea that she even existed.

"Actually, it makes a lot of sense," William agreed. "I wondered why Anne told me about her meeting with Willow last night. I mean, she's not the type to report her plans to me. I guess she thought I'd figure it out."

"I don't know how she could expect you to know she was planning on eloping just because she was going to Willow's," Taryn said.

"Because, we'd talked about it before, right after she and Drew got engaged. She said that Willow knew someone that could marry them quickly and easily without any fuss. That's what they'd been planning before Mom got involved. Something simple with a party afterwards for their family and friends. I should have figured it out," William felt stupid for not picking up on Anne's hint and for not remembering their previous conversations on the topic.

"Quit blaming yourself," Taryn said sharply. She was sick of him assuming responsibility for everything around him. She'd watched him do it for years and it really needed to stop. "Not everything that happens to people around you is your fault or responsibility, William. The only thing you can control is your life, your actions. And don't give me that story about saving Willow back when you were a kid. That was an exception."

"Well, tell me Taryn, when did you become an expert on my life?" William asked, amused by her reaction to his comments about Anne. Yes, she was definitely a puzzle. He watched her blush and found himself intrigued, his eyes narrowing as he found himself wondering what had caused the confident, blunt girl opposite him to blush. Okay, maybe girl wasn't the right word anymore. She was graduating this year, nearly out of high school. She'd had her eighteenth birthday a few months before. She was nearly a woman, a rather beautiful and intelligent woman as he was starting to realize. What the hell was he thinking? He was too old to be thinking about her in that way, as if she was a prospective date or something more.

"I uh I'm not an expert," she stuttered, not wanting to confess that she had studied him for years without him ever noticing. "It's just my opinion."

"Sure, whatever," he said, a frown on his handsome face as he realized that he wasn't able to move his thoughts off her as easily as he would have liked. She was intriguing and beautiful and honest and smart, everything he'd always wanted in a girl. Sure, she was a few years younger than him, but she was more mature than most people his age so maybe she wouldn't mind a few years age difference. Willow was always warning him that one day it would hit him, that he'd find someone special and he'd finally see what the fuss was about. Was that someone Taryn? If so, how had he not realized it before? True, this was the first time they'd spent time together without family around, the first time they'd spent hours talking without fighting. What was he thinking? She wouldn't be interested in going out with someone like him. He wasn't suave or charming or sexy. He shook his head, saying, "Do you want to go to Spike and Willow's and make sure they just weren't too occupied to answer the phone or do we want to assume we're right and that Anne and Drew eloped?"

"I guess it doesn't hurt to drive by Willow's house," Taryn decided, reluctant for their time together to end. Once she went home, it would be back to ignoring her feelings and wanting what she couldn't have.

"Fine, we can drive by," William took his trash and stood, moving to dump it. She followed him outside to his car. He didn't speak as he drove towards Willow's, still caught in his thoughts. He kept stealing glances at her as he drove, wondering if he was going crazy or was just finally seeing the truth.

"What?" Taryn finally demanded when she caught him looking at her again with that thoughtful look in his dark eyes. "You're staring at me!"

"Oh, uh, yeah, sorry," he apologized as he neared Willow's house. Finally deciding to go for it, he pulled the car to a stop in front of the redhead's house and turned to face Taryn, "Taryn, I'm sure this is a stupid question and that you'll think I'm crazy, but would you maybe want to go out with me sometime?"

"What?" she asked softly, having trouble following the rush of words that had come from his lips.

"I knew it was a stupid idea," he laughed as he made a face, "I just thought that there was something happening between us. Just forget this, okay?"

"Wait, I don't want to forget it," she said, pinching her arm just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She wasn't. This was real. William was stumbling through asking her out and he'd felt something happening between them. She couldn't believe it. She gave him a brilliant smile as she said, "I'd love to go out with you, William Harris. It's about time you asked!"

"Really?" he smiled back, deciding that this dating thing might not be so bad after all. He glanced at the house and said, "It's dark so I'd assume they went with Anne and Drew."

"Yeah, looks like it. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on that miserable brother of mine and Anne. Those sneaky brats are so going to hear from me about this," Taryn said though she was still smiling from happiness at William's request for a date.

"You know, it's not that late," William said as he glanced at the car clock. He arched a brow as he asked, "You want to see a movie or something?"

"I'd love to," Taryn responded with a shy smile, discussing with him the possible choices for a movie as he drove towards the theater.

********************

"I can't believe you two!" Anya said as she hugged Anne, wiping tears from her face as she pulled back, "I didn't mean to get so overbearing."

"That's okay, Mom," Anne said with a smile. "We always wanted to elope. I'm sorry we were so sneaky about it. I just wanted it to be perfect."

"It *was* perfect," Drew said as he kissed his wife. His wife! It had been two days and he still couldn't believe it. He was married to the only woman he'd ever loved.

"God, I think I might be sick," Trevor said as he shuddered in fake horror at Drew's words. He started laughing as he ran towards Liam as Drew forgot his maturity and started chasing him. "Liam, help me get him!"

"Dude, he's going down!" Liam said as he joined his best friend in tackling Drew. The three guys laughed as they fell to the ground.

"Yes, that's my husband," Anne said with a faint smile as she watched him wrestling with Trev and Liam.

"I don't know how you put up with him," Sian said as she shook her head, taking Emma's hand as she said, "but I'm happy that you're happy."

"You make a radiant newlywed, Sis," Emma said as she kissed her sister's cheek. Leaning closer, she whispered, "And speaking of sickening, have you seen Jesse and Kris? They're all sappy and making eyes at each other. I caught them making out in the kitchen when I went for more ice!"

"I think it's sweet," Anne decided. "Besides, take a look at Taryn and William. I don't think they'd stopped talking since we got here. And notice how close they're sitting. I think I deserve some praise in setting them up, thank you very much."

Sian rolled her eyes, "All you did was arrange for Taryn to meet you at the store when you knew Will would be alone. They did the rest."

"BUT, if she hadn't been supposed to meet me, it would have taken them who knows how much longer before admitting that they were into each other," Anne gloated.

"And who pointed their connection out to you in the first place?" Willow asked sweetly as she joined the three women. She arched a brow and smiled, "It's nice seeing him happy, isn't it?"

"Hopefully, this means he'll quit following you around like a puppy dog," Spike told his mate as his arms went around her waist pulling her back against him. "She's good for him, luv. You chose well."

"He told me that they're just dating now, taking things slow," Willow said, "but I think it won't be long before they realize that some things are just meant to be."

"I'd better go rescue my husband from the boys," Anne said, excusing herself to go get Drew before Trevor and Liam had him rolling around in the dirt.

"I'm gonna go see if Mom and Dad need any help," Sian said, thinking that it was cool that her parents had thrown Anne and Drew's party. She figured that they'd volunteered because Cordelia and Angel had not wanted to give Anya the chance to turn the party into some huge event. She looked at Emma and asked, "You coming?"

"Of course," Emma said good-bye to Willow and Spike and followed her lover to where their parents were sitting with Buffy and Riley. Wesley, Gunn and Faith had even shown up for the party, laughing as they tossed each other into the swimming pool.

"Happy, luv?" Spike asked as he nuzzled Willow's neck.

Willow smiled, her eyes finding Kristen and Jesse who were laying together on a blanket and looking at the stars, moving to William and Taryn who was engaged in a heated discussion about who knew what and smiling when she saw that they were holding hands, and finally moving to settle on the rest of her family who were talking and laughing and enjoying their lives. She nodded, moving her head to give Spike a kiss before she answered, "Yes, I'm very happy. I've always loved happy endings."

"No endings, pet," Spike corrected with a kiss of his own, "just beginnings."

She laughed as she took his hand and moved to join their friends, curious to see if Angel had gotten any better at grilling since their last cookout. She looked at the sky as she settled into Spike's arms, a content smile crossing her face.

THE END