Discoveries

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Willow Rosen Devlin stood at the window, a smile on her face as she used her finger to write her initials into the frost covering the glass. Her eyes moved to look at the snow-covered land as the train slowly made its way along the tracks. She had learned from a passenger named David that it was taking longer because the tracks were covered in ice, he speaking from the experience of taking the train between Abilene and St. Louis several times. They had been forced to stop the previous evening in Kansas City in hopes that the morning sun would melt some of the ice. So far, it would appear that it had worked, progress today being slow but steady. David believed they would be in St. Louis by mid afternoon the next day. He was a very nice man with a kind smile and many wrinkles covering his face. He had told her that his daughter and grandchildren lived in St. Louis, that being the reason he visited several times a year. She had befriended him just the day before, having not left their private car the first day on the train. She heard him stop speaking and glanced over, blushing as he caught her drawing a small heart with William's initials linked with hers. She heard him chuckle and make a comment about being a newlywed before he told her to go find her lazy husband, opening his paper so that she would not feel inclined to refuse his order.

Willow decided that he was right and turned to make her way down the length of the train to the Devlin's private car. She was stopped several times along the way by people that were no longer strangers after two days on the train. Finally, she was at the door to the final car of the train. She was glad, in a way, that she was not aware of how much money Angelus had spent for their privacy. She unlocked the door, stepping inside and shutting it behind her, automatically locking the latch. It took her a moment to adjust to the darkness, eyes blinking for several seconds before she was able to see the shadows. One would not realize it was mid-afternoon save the swaying of the heavy curtains that allowed just a brief glimpse of light to show. She reached to her right, finding the lamp where it had been left. She lit it, casting the room in a pale light. She looked around, her eyes still amazed as she took in all of the details.

The private car was larger than her room at the Rose. The wood was heavy and dark, a beautiful shade that almost matched the color of Angelus' eyes. The curtains was heavy and thick, the darkest shade of burgundy she'd seen. There were several chairs, a writing desk, a small table set for four, a sofa that looked pretty but was actually a tad uncomfortable, a wash basin, a mirror and bureau, a wardrobe and the largest bed she had ever seen. A bed that held the four of them with room left to spare. She had sketched the car in her journal, not wanting to forget any detail upon her arrival back in Harrington. She took the lamp and made her way closer to the bed in question. Taking a chair, she sat down, her eyes lovingly moving over her husband. They moved over Angelus and Drusilla, noting the way that Angelus had moved towards William when she had left the bed, unknowingly leaving a bit of room, as if waiting for her return.

It was strange how quickly a life could change. With her words of love not three nights before, she had gained a husband and lover. With her actions during the ceremony, she had gained two lovers and a connection that was still surprising her. She welcomed the changes in her life, having moved past the fear and uncertainty before either ceremony was performed. She had woken the morning of their departure a bit embarrassed at having fainted. William had been wonderful, not letting her overreact, speaking words of devotion and love as he had made love to her slowly, gently, making her feel things she had never even dreamed. She had been sore from the ceremony, a bit weak from loss of blood, and he had remembered that, anticipated it. It had been beyond anything she could have imagined, even now she unable to put the event into words. Angelus and Drusilla had left them with their privacy that morning, allowing them that time before joining them. It had been short lived, but she didn't mind. Her friends had soon come calling, wanting to see if she was okay, needing to spend some time with her before she left for so long. William had just smiled, kissing her briefly and telling her to go visit her friends and family. He had mentioned that they had an eternity to be together so there was no need to rush.

So, Willow had spent her last hours with her friends, reminding them all that she would be back soon, trying to be brave as they shed tears and shared hugs and constantly told her how much they cared. She had kept a smile on her face and tears out of her eyes until she had had an early supper with her father. There, she had cried a bit and hugged him harder than anyone else, finding it suddenly frightening that she would be leaving the security of what she had known to face months away. He had hugged her tightly too, whispering that she be careful and return safely. After their meal was complete, she had found her new husband and family, telling them that she was ready to leave. She had refused to allow anyone to accompany them to the train station, knowing it would be even more difficult to leave. After they had boarded the train, William had sat beside her, simply holding her as she had finally let all the tears fall. That night, Angelus and Drusilla had joined them, all three vampires being so gentle with her, knowing that everything was unfamiliar and new, aware that she was emotional and scared and doing their best to reassure her that everything would okay. The next morning, she had woken with a smile and determination to enjoy every moment of her adventure. She had gotten out of bed and wandered the other cars, easily making friends and charming everyone she met.

"What time is it?" a sleepy voice huskily asked.

Willow was pulled from her memories as her eyes moved to look into William's blue eyes. She smiled softly, enjoying the freedom she had to simply look at him. She saw him arch a brow at her silence, a knowing smile crossing his face as he cleared his throat. She didn't blush, for once, as she simply smiled and said, "A few hours before dusk."

"Cheeky brat," he muttered with a pleased smile as she didn't look away from him. "You're back early."

"David ordered me to find my lazy husband and wake him," she said with a soft laugh.

"I always knew I'd like that fellow," he said as he moved quickly, grabbing her and pulling her onto the bed, moving to lay on top of her giggling form. Their movements woke Angelus and Drusilla who watched with amusement. "Did you call me lazy?"

"No, David did," she said with a giggle as his fingers moved along her side. "Stop that, William!"

"Hmm...let me consider that," he chuckled as he leaned down, his lips above hers as he whispered, "Nope," before claiming her mouth in a teasing kiss.

"It's too early for this," Angelus said with a roll of his eyes before turning to lay back down, his arm moving around Drusilla's waist as he pulled her closer and went back to sleep, leaving William and Willow to their newlywed games.

********************

Angelus stood beside the railing, his head resting against the cold metal as the train moved through the night. Dawn was approaching, the familiar scent of the sun's rays recognizable in the cool morning air. He heard the door to his compartment open, the sweet aroma of Willow causing him to turn his head slightly, dark eyes finding sleepy green eyes. His lips twisted into a half smile as she covered a yawn. "You should be in bed, sweetling."

"Couldn't sleep," Willow said as she stepped from the warmth of the room. She gasped as her bare feet touched the cold platform. The air was very cold, easily whipping through her nightgown as if it weren't there. "How can you stand out here for so long, Angelus? It's freezing."

"Come here," he said, his arm going around her shoulders as he pulled her against his large body. She now stood between him and the rail, his body blocking the majority of the wind, though the air was still very cold.

"It's peaceful," Willow whispered, resting her head against his chest as her eyes scanned the passing shadows. She felt his arms go around her, his hands resting on her stomach as he did his best to keep her warm.

"Yes, it is," he agreed, not at all surprised that she, too, found peace in the solitude of the country surrounding them. "We should go in, Willow. You'll get a chill."

"Angelus, I'm fine," she said, feeling much warmer since entering his embrace. "Besides, this is our last night on the train. I want to spend it out here with you."

He smiled, knowing that she had to be cold, but also knowing that he had had very few private moments with her during their trip. He leaned near her ear, a wicked smile crossing his face as he whispered, "You're lying, Willow. You're freezing, but I'll do my best to warm you up."

Willow started to respond to his claim that she was lying but found herself unable to form a single word as his right hand cupped her breast. Her eyes closed as she leaned her head to the side, his lips caressing her throat as his left hand slid down her body. Her heart began to race as she realized what he intended, a part of her excited at the idea of performing such a private act outside. She knew that she was becoming wanton, but she didn't care. She had been learning to enjoy that part of her personality, knowing that her lovers did not think badly of her. In fact, they seemed pleased at her response to their touch. She whimpered when she felt her nightgown being raised, Angelus' fingers brushing against her lower stomach and beyond as he felt the evidence of her arousal. It was then that she realized that this was her first time with Angelus without William or Drusilla present. Her eyes opened as she turned her head, catching his lips in a scorching kiss as her hand moved to his pants. She cupped his erection through the material of his pants, delighting when she heard him moan. She was oblivious to the cold, everything forgotten for the moment except for the feel and taste of Angelus. It was her turn to moan as his fingers slid inside her, knowing exactly where to touch to cause the greatest reaction. She pulled her mouth from his, her eyes catching his as she begged, "Please."

Angelus smiled, the sensuality of the smile causing a wave of anticipation to spread over her body. He could see the need in her green eyes, the scent of her arousal thick in the air. He glanced at the sky, knowing that in the East, the sun was going to start rising soon. He didn't have as much time as he would have liked, wishing he had hours to tease and taste his redhead. Instead, he would enjoy the few fleeting moments now, knowing that they had all the time in the world to be with her. He felt her fingers brush against his hardness as she unfastened his trousers, his eyes closing as she stroked him, her lips on his neck. The hand around her breast tightened causing her to gasp in surprise then moan in pleasure. His eyes opened, flashing yellow as he pushed her towards the rail. He saw her hands move to hold the metal as she kept herself from falling against it. He moved himself behind her, positioning himself before moving forward, sinking into her warmth in one movement. Her head came back as she let out a low cry of surprise. Willow felt him enter her completely, her body arching as he began to move, his strokes fast but deep. She bit her lip as his hands kneaded her breasts through the material of her gown, the slight pain from his roughness causing her to become more excited. She had never seen Angelus like this, her experiences with the eldest vampire being gentle and soft, explorative. This side of him was new but intriguing. She began to meet his thrusts, a tension building up inside her. She heard the material of her gown tearing as his hands moved against her breasts, his fingers twisting her hard nipples as his lips moved against her neck. She cried out in release as the tension snapped, her head falling forward as she continued to hold on to the rail. She felt Angelus' fingers in her hair, lifting her head as the speed of his thrusts increased. She heard him moan as he sunk into her one last time, his seed spilling as his fangs entered her neck. She came again, having discovered that she enjoyed the feel of them biting her, always finding release during the act. Willow collapsed against Angelus, a smile of satisfaction crossing her pretty face as she sighed softly. Angelus caught her lips in a rough kiss as he removed himself from her. With his free hand, he refastened his pants before pushing the bottom of her gown down to cover her thighs and legs. The bodice was ripped, no longer protecting her breasts from the cool night air. The kiss continued but the roughness faded as it became gentle. He lifted her into his arms as he moved them back inside, knowing she needed to get warm before she caught a cold. They only had a few days in St. Louis, and he had no intention of her being ill during their stay in the larger city.

Willow felt herself growing tired as he stood her in their room, her eyes moving over a sleeping William and Drusilla as a tender smile crossed her face. She allowed Angelus to remove her torn nightgown, looking down at him as he used the material to wipe away the wetness between her thighs. She sucked in a breath as he used his tongue to catch a stray drop, smiling shyly when his eyes met hers, giving her no idea that he didn't want to stop. She almost protested when he did, indeed, stop, but she knew that once he started, they would wake the others and none of them would get any sleep for hours. As he stood, she pulled her to him for a soft kiss before he collected a fresh gown from her dresser. She lifted her arms as he dressed her, following him to the bed. She laid between him and William, the warmth of the covers reminding her just how cold she was. She snuggled deeper under the covers, eventually falling to sleep with her head on Angelus' chest, William spooned behind her. Angelus soon followed her into sleep, a small smile on his handsome face.

********************

"Do you have everything packed, Willow?" William asked his wife as he watched her shut her suitcase. It was early afternoon on the last day of the year 1871 and they would be arriving in St. Louis within the hour. He was packed and ready to depart the train, rather looking forward to not being confined for a few days before they boarded the ship to New Orleans. He was pleased that they would be stopping several times during the leisurely journey down the Mississippi, liking the idea of exploring new areas with Willow.

"Yes," Willow smiled at him, excited that they would soon be in St. Louis. She'd never been farther than Kansas City and couldn't wait to see the town where they would be staying for the next few days. "Is there going to be a problem with us arriving in the afternoon?"

"Wesley has made arrangements for us," Angelus smiled fondly at the redhead, watching as she moved to sit beside William. He felt Drusilla's arms go around his chest as she rested her chin on his shoulder. He turned his head, kissing her briefly before telling Willow, "We are to be met at the train station by a representative from the hotel who will provide us with protection from the sun and a carriage with thick curtains to conceal us on the ride to the hotel. Wesley is very thorough and has taken everything into consideration for our honeymoon."

"I was a bit concerned when I heard that we were arriving at the height of afternoon," Willow confessed, relieved that arrangements had been made so that they would not be forced into remaining on the train until dusk.

"Once we have registered at the hotel, we will find you and Drusilla lovely new dresses for the ball this evening," Angelus decided, watching as Willow smiled.

"A ball? We are attending a ball?" she asked, looking at William and scolding him when she saw amusement in his blue eyes, "You did not tell me that we would be attending a ball!"

"It was a surprise, luv," he said, kissing her before she could scold him again. He loved being married to her, loved having the freedom to kiss her or touch her or hold her anytime that he felt the need, which tended to be most of his waking moments. Pulling back, he winked at her when he saw the lust in her eyes, proud that she was accepting her passionate nature and was no longer embarrassed by her desires. He brushed his knuckles over her cheek as he said, "Surprise."

"I love you, William Devlin," Willow said with a soft smile.

"Not nearly as much as I love you, Willow Devlin," he responded softly having to kiss her again.

"They are beautiful," Drusilla told Angelus as she hugged him from behind, brushing her lips against his cheek before moving to sit on the floor beside him, resting her head on his knee as she watched William and Willow kiss.

"Aye, that they are," Angelus agreed, his eyes moving over the two, taking great pride in knowing that they belonged to him, that he belonged to them. He was happier than he could remember ever being, having three people in his life that he loved and wanted, that loved and wanted him. And he had a group of friends back at the Rose that accepted him without reservation, that were loyal and people that he had grown to care deeply about.

Willow pulled back from William's kiss, turning to face her other lovers, having felt their eyes on her and William. She could not believe that she had not one but three lovers that shared her bed. She was still adjusting to the changes in her relationship with the Devlins, learning about her desires and needs, becoming more confident in expressing her wants and desires. She was also learning about the ways to please her mates as well as the ways in which she wanted to be pleased. She loved kissing them all, having lost her hesitation in kissing Drusilla after their first night on the train. She was still a bit hesitant in initiating things, but she knew that she would lose that with time. It was all still so very new to her. She loved them all dearly and appreciated their patience with her, enjoyed their lessons, likes waking up beside them every afternoon. She smiled at them as she licked her lips, feeling an urge to taste them. She got to her feet, moving towards them with an ever-growing wicked smile. She reached Angelus, moving to straddle his right leg before she claimed his lips in a teasing kiss. She ended the kiss and moved to lean over to brush her lips against Drusilla's, gently tasting her lover. When she released her lips, she smiled as she said, "Tell me more about this ball, Angelus."

William watched his sire and his wife, finding the sight of them kissing arousing. He knew there was no time to explore that arousal, though, so he adjusted himself and listened as Angelus began to tell Willow about the New Year's Eve ball that they would be attending in a few hours. Willow asked questions, as did Drusilla, both girls excited at the idea of dressing up in a fancy dress and mingling with a bunch of strangers. He'd have preferred spending the entire evening in bed, having some dinner delivered to the room for Willow, clothes on the floor and not a fancy dress in sight. But, he guessed it was worth the sacrifice of attending since it was evident that Willow was quite taken with the idea.

"William, you're not listening," Angelus said suddenly, giving his childe a slight smirk as blue eyes met his. He could clearly smell his boy's arousal, had no doubt that he was now pouting because they would be making a public appearance instead of staying in bed. While he'd have been more than happy to spend the next eternity or two in bed with his lovers, he wanted Willow to have a memorable beginning to the New Year, the ball something that Wesley thought they would enjoy. Drusilla loved things like that and, it would appear, so did Willow. It had been a good choice but he couldn't help teasing William a bit.

"Sorry, Dad," William said, rolling his eyes at Angelus' knowing look. "I might pay a bit more attention to you if my wife was sitting on my lap instead of yours."

"No you wouldn't," Willow said, giving him a soft smile, "you're be teasing me with your hands and kissing my neck and neither one of us would be paying attention, dear husband."

"And you say that like it's a bad thing," he winked at her as a lazy smile crossed his face.

"Angelus, ignore my jealous husband and continue telling us about this ball," Willow said, laughing when she felt arms go around her waist. "William, stop that!"

"You could never ignore me, luv," William said as he pulled Willow against him, brushing his lips against her neck before saying, "And I wasn't jealous."

"You were jealous," Angelus said with a snort, amusement in his dark eyes as William sat back down with Willow on his lap.

"Was not," William denied as he stuck out his tongue at his sire.

"Was too," Angelus replied with a knowing chuckle.

"Children, please," Drusilla said with a laugh, "stop arguing or you shall have Willow wondering why she ever consented to join our family."

"It's okay, Dru. I think they're cute when they act like children," Willow said with a smile.

"See, we're cute," William smirked at his sister.

"I'm not quite sure that I like being referred to as cute," Angelus said thoughtfully. "Nor do I like being called a child. I believe that our girls are becoming a bit sassy, William."

"Why don't you finish telling us about St. Louis, Angelus?" Willow suggested, rather liking the idea of being sassy. "I'm eager to hear what is planned before we leave for New Orleans."

Angelus smiled at the redhead as he began to tell them all what Wesley had planned for their time in St. Louis as well as the things that they could do while visiting the town. Drusilla moved to sit on his leg, leaning back against him with her head on his shoulder. He continued talking and answering their questions during the last hour of their journey to St. Louis.

********************

End of Chapter 3
Read the concurrent story of the happenings back in Harrington - Resolutions