Stars

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:
Originally posted September 2, 2005
She loves to listen to the stars. When she was a child, they began to speak to her. As she got older, they began to sing. Now, they whisper secrets and promises.

“Such a pretty little star,” she says as she spins and twirls. The floor is cold beneath her feet, and she stops to look down at it.

She used to understand heat and cold. There are vague memories of warmth that nip at her mind. Sun, bright and orange, skin flushed and damp from sweat. She doesn’t like the taste of sweat. Too salty and bitter on her tongue. She only knows cold now, but never quite feels it.

A tug on the ribbon across her breasts and her dress pools at her feet. “Sing for me, pretty star,” she coos as she falls to the floor, wanting to be embraced by the cold. Heat scares her, frightening memories that make no sense. Drusilla moans as she rolls and laughs.

Her hair falls across her face as she lies on her tummy and looks up. She smiles and crawls closer to the cage. “My pretty star. Cat got your tongue?” she asked curiously. “Mean kitty, ripped your tongue out. One bite.” She snapped her teeth in the air.

“When my Lord finds me, you’ll suffer a thousand deaths.”

Drusilla laughs as she moves to her knees. “Does he sing to you? Your Lord? My stars sing to me, pretty one. They tell me stories. Your Lord is no more. Green, white, blue. So many colors. He falls at the feet of a child. Smelly human with beautiful blood dripping from his lips.”

“Never.”

“You’ll soon learn, lovie,” Drusilla promises as her arms moves between two bars. She scratches her pet hard and watches as the blood flows down the pale skin. “Pretty little star, you’re too warm.”

She brings her finger to her mouth and licks it. Warm blood on her tongue. She shudders and claps. “You taste lovely, my pet. Will you sing for me now? The stars always sing for me.”

“My name is Bellatrix Black Lestrange, you daft Mudblood. I am not your pet nor will I ever.”

“I love it when the stars sing to me,” Drusilla says softly. She opens the cage and crawls inside, her fingers moving along the chains keeping her new pet secure. She smiles as she suddenly twists her pretty star’s wrist and listens to the bone break. “I also like it when they scream.”

End