Cookies

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:
Originally posted November 16, 2004
“What are you doing?”


Spike froze when he heard the amused voice, rapidly trying to figure out a valid excuse for what he had just been caught doing. Realizing there was no way of lying his way out of this, his lips curved into a sexy smile as he looked at the redhead standing in the doorway. “You’re home early, luv.”


“It’s not going to work, Spike,” she teased as she entered the kitchen. Looking pointedly at the counter and then back at him, she smiled, “Cookies? You’re making cookies?”


“What of it?” he challenged, his voice only slightly defensive.


“I think it’s cute,” Willow declared before kissing his cheek. She waited for the explosion. One, two, three.


“Cute?” he sneered, “I am not cute. I’m a devastatingly attractive, dangerous, ruthless vampire.”


“I stand corrected,” she demurred before looking at the pan of cookies. “I love gingerbread men.”


“Yes, well, I may have remembered you telling Niblet that during your girly conversation about the sickeningly sweet joys of the holiday season,” he reluctantly admitted, blue eyes flashing with tenderness when he looked at her and saw the smile on her lips.


“Can I help?” she asked as she shrugged off her coat and laid it across the top of the chair. “I’m pretty good with the decorations.”


“I guess so, but you have to promise to not tell anyone that I was baking cookies,” he warned, having planned to have them finished before she got home so he could deny he had made them. She might have known the truth, but denial was a man’s best friend when it came to doing something fluffy like this.


“Not even Dawn?”


“Especially not Dawn!” Spike exclaimed. “That silly girl would tell everyone and my reputation as the big bad would be forever tarnished!”


“As if it isn’t tarnished by your shacking up with a witch and helping take care of the Slayer’s little sister,” Willow rolled her eyes.


“We are not ‘shacking up’,” he corrected, giving her a wicked smile, “we’re shagging each other rotten for an eternity or two.”


“Same thing,” she smiled, “and that eternity or two is still under negotiation, mister. Ask me that again in another decade and we’ll talk.”


“Hmm,” was his reply, knowing full well that she wouldn’t be able to tell him no when the time came to turn her. However, that would be in the future, when she was older and Dawn was out of school. He moved so she could reach the cookies, his arms going around her from behind as he nuzzled her neck. “You realize that we have two hours before Dawn gets out of school.”


“Do we?”


“Uh huh.”


“Spike, what are you doing? Stop that!”


“Make me,” he dared before he ran his tongue over the left over cookie batter that he’d spread on her neck.


“Two hours, huh?” Willow smiled, “You know, I actually prefer undecorated gingerbread men.”


Spike chuckled before his lips caught hers and the cookies were soon forgotten.


The End.