Her Secret Lover

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
"Hey Will. Bronze tonight?" Buffy asked hopefully.

"I can't." Willow said, smiling.

"Why not?" Xander asked, chewing on a french fry.

"I'm visiting my cousin."

"Again? You've been up to see her every weekend since school started. Can't you spend some time with us?" Buffy whined.

"I'm sorry. I told you that she just moved here from Boston. She's my favorite cousin."

"Why did we never hear about her before she moved?" Buffy asked.

"Because, she lived in Boston. We just spoke over email."

"It just seems like you never have time for me anymore" Buffy said, looking hurt.

Willow sighed. She hated this. She really did. "I live with you. I see you every night."

"This week I insist that we get together."

"Fine. I'd better get on the road. It takes me a few hours to get Karen's."

"Have fun." Xander said, watching her leave.

"I will" she smiled.

***********************************

Three hours later Willow pulled into the parking lot of the Sleep Nook motel. She parked her car and went inside.

The man behind the desk looked up and smiled. "Hey Miss Jones. You're running late this evening. Mr Smith is already here."

"Hi Max." Willow said, smiling at the familiar face. "Has he been waiting long?"

"Nah...besides, you usually end up waiting for him." Max got the key. "Here you go. Room 12 as always."

"Thank you Max. I'll see you Sunday." Willow smiled and left the office.

Max watched her get in her car and chuckled. She and Mr Smith were two of his favorite customers. They had been meeting every Friday night for the last few months. They stayed the entire weekend always, not leaving until Sunday night. Mr Smith always rented the same room and the one beside it. Max had ventured out one night and heard the screaming coming from the room. He had then understood why they didn't want someone beside them.

Those two puzzled him. They appeared young and in love. He had never noticed a wedding ring on either of them, so he didn't understand why there was such a need for secrecy. Of course, in these times, a lack of a ring meant nothing. He would probably never understand their situation. He turned his attention back to the TV.

**********

Willow opened the door to their room. She felt the familiar tightening in her stomach. She lived for their weekends together. It was the only thing that got her through the week. She walked into the darkness, dropping her bag and reaching for the light.

He grabbed her arm and pushed her against the door. She smiled when she felt his mouth on her neck.

"Been waiting long?"

"All week." he said, kissing her roughly.

She wrapped her fingers in his hair, pulling him closer. She sighed as he moved her to the bed. She fell back, taking him with her. She hated to be apart from him over their time together. She hurriedly took her clothes off, having felt that he was already nude. She laid back down, his mouth on her face.

"I missed you." she said, gasping as his cool mouth found her breast.

"I always miss you. Even if I see you, I miss you knowing that you're not mine." he moved his lips down her slim stomach.

"No. We aren't going there. Just enjoy the time we have together....." Willow said, moaning as his tongue entered her. She was wet. She had been so excited knowing that it was Friday. She hated lieing to Buffy and the others, but she knew that they would never accept this part of her life.

"Oh Goddess..." she cried out as she came against his mouth.

He moved up her body, his mouth joining hers. She tasted herself on his tongue. She moved against him, wanting him inside. She felt his cock at her entrance. He thrust into her slowly, enjoying the moment. She arched up, urging him deeper. He began to move inside her, his mouth on hers. They had been meeting since the end of June. Almost five months. No one knew. No one could ever know. She would lose everything that she had if anyone found out. Buffy would never speak to her again.

She felt him increase his rhythm. She felt the tension as she tightened around him, squeezing his release from him. She screamed his name out as he bit into her breast.

After she had a moment to regain her breath, he turned the light on. He smiled at her, love in his eyes. He ran his hand over her face, still not believing that she was there.

"What?" she asked, growing nervous from the intensity of his gaze.

"I'm beginning to hate this motel."

"What?" She said, her eyes wary.

"It just means that I still don't have what I want....what I love. It means that, on Sunday, you go back to Sunnydale and act like these weekends never happen. Like you don't love me."

Willow sighed. "You know why I have to. We've been over this. We decided that this would be for the best. WE decided. It wasn't just me. You didn't want to deal with the repercussions either. Don't forget that."

"I fucked up." he said, still caressing her face.

She looked at him, "Please, not now. Please Angel....."

"Willow" Angel said, his voice soft.

"Yes?"

"Why don't we just go public? It's been long enough......"

"No, Angel. Buffy has been through so much already. I will not add my lieing and stealing her boyfriend to the list."

"If I remember correctly, her EX boyfriend is the one that stole you. Don't you remember my seduction?"

Willow sighed, smiling softly. "I could never forget. I just feel so guilty. It was bad enough when you lived in Sunnydale and we had to sneak around. But, getting away every weekend....it's becoming suspicious. I don't know how much longer I can keep it up."

"What are you saying?" Angel said, pulling back and looking deep into her eyes.

"Nothing. What do I ever say? I love you. I can't help that. I want to avoid Buffy finding out, but I would risk that even for these few hours we get to be together on the weekend. I ache for you."

"I know the feeling. The only thing that gets me through the week is knowing that you will be in my arms on Friday." Angel smiled softly. "I never wanted to fall in love with you. I know it would have been easier if I had just ignored it, but I couldn't. I know that was selfish of me..."

"Shhh...I'm an adult. I made my own decisions. I allowed you to seduce me. Trust me, I understand my choices. I never meant to fall in love with my best friend's boyfriend. I just hate feeling guilty."

"Willow....don't concentrate on the guilt. I'm the one that didn't tell Buffy that my soul was secured. I made the choice to end our relationship. I loved her, but I had a lot of time to think...to realize that she and I were not meant to be."

"Too much serious talk." Willow decided. "Half the night is already gone. We only have until Sunday and I don't plan to spend the weekend discussing our pathetic lives. So, shut up and kiss me."

"With pleasure." He kissed her deeply.

Willow pulled back and giggled.

"What?" Angel asked, his face confused.

"Max doesn't understand us." She said, remembering the look on the desk clerk's face.

"He thinks we're married to others and having a secret affair." Angel said.

"I know. He always looks at my hand to see if he can see a ring."

"Me too. I noticed that from the first night. I guess our situation is a bit unusual."

Willow snuggled closer to him. "I wouldn't have it any other way." she said bringing his head down to hers.

**********

"Why don't you ask Karen to come Sunnydale?" Buffy asked, sitting on her bed watching Willow pack.

"I told you before, my parents don't like her. They won't even acknowledge her existence. I can't let them know I'm even seeing her."

"What aren't you telling me?" Buffy asked quietly.

"What?" Willow looked up, trying not to let her guilt show on her face.

"You're hiding something from me. Will, we're best friends. You have been by my side through it all....I'm here for you."

Willow just shook her head. "I'm sorry. I can't....you'd hate me"

Buffy looked at her puzzled by her last comment. "Why? What does it have to do with me?"

"I have to go." Willow said, avoiding her friend's question. "I'll be back on Sunday, as always."

Buffy stared after her friend. What was Willow doing that would make her hate her? Her mind started wandering through the possibilities.

*******************************

"You're tense today." Angel said, running his hands over her back.

"Buffy and I had a talk before I came. She knows something is wrong....she just doesn't know what."

He ran his lips over her shoulder. "You need to tell her. She's getting suspicious."

"I can't."

He turned her to face him, his face serious. "Willow....Spike was in Sunnydale. Don't you realize that he can smell me on you? Any of them can. Most probably don't recognize my scent, but Spike is my childe. He'd know it. You were lucky he didn't sense it when he was there before. Knowing Spike, he'll be back. What are you going to tell everyone when he rubs her face in the fact that her precious Peaches is fucking her best friend? Don't think he'll keep it a secret."

She felt the blood drain from her face. "Oh no. I never even thought about that....I didn't see him the last time. I can't let her find out from him. Maybe he won't be back."

"He'll be back. Would you like me to come back with you to face them?"

She shook her head. "No. I don't want you hurt. Fuck, why did that bleach blonde jerk have to come back? He's going to ruin it all."

She felt his arms go around her.

"He can't ruin it unless you let him. I love you Willow. So do they. They'll accept it, deal with it and move on. They can't change it."

"She's going to hate me. What I did was far worse than Faith. I betrayed her...lied to her....I'm a terrible person."

He laughed softly. "No you aren't. You were just confused. It will be fine. Trust me."

"I do. I just hope you're right."

She turned towards him. "Hold me."

He kissed her softly, bringing her warm body close to his. He watched as she fell asleep, the stress leaving her body.

**********

"I'll do it tonight. I know they are all meeting at Giles'. I'll tell them all."

"I'm coming with you."

"No Angel. I can do this."

"I mean, I'm moving back to Sunnydale. I hate LA. I should never have left without you in the first place. I belong with you."

"Are you serious?"

"Do I joke?"

"No....Oh Goddess....I love you."

"Keep telling me that for the next few hundred years and I'll do anything you want."

"Shut up and kiss me."

***********************************

"Hey Willow...what's wrong?" Buffy sat up at the look on her friend's face. Something was wrong.

"I have to talk to you all" Willow said, her voice trembling.

"Of course" Giles said, waiting. Xander and Anya stopped chatting and stared at her.

"Oh my...this is not good. I don't really know where to start...You're all going to hate me...And I understand."

"What is it Willow?" Buffy demanded, hating seeing her friend this miserable.

"I don't have a cousin Karen."

"What?" Xander said.

"I know." Buffy said quietly.

"You know?"

Buffy nodded. "I met your mother early this summer....before you told me that she hated Karen. She had never heard of her."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Wait, what are we missing here?" Xander demanded.

Buffy and Willow continued their conversation.

"I want you to be happy. He seems to do the trick."

Willow sat down, "You know."

Buffy smiled softly. "It hurt, in the beginning. But over time, I realized that it would have never worked for us. With you, he's happy. I dealt with it. I didn't want to say anything until you were ready."

"When did you find out?"

"Before school ended. I had a feeling about this sudden appearance of Karen at the same time he moved.....guess I was right."

Willow felt tears in her eyes. "I am so sorry. You hate me don't you?"

"Never. I meant what I said. You're my best friend. I'm so over it now. Besides, I have my eye on someone."

"Wait...Willow's been spending the weekends with Deadboy?"

Buffy looked at Xander and rolled her eyes, "Have you not been paying attention? They love each other, so be happy for them or else."

Willow smiled. "Thank you."

"Not a prob. So, is he moving back now that you two are out of the closet?"

"Yes. Buffy, would you like to go to a movie?"

"I'd love to. Besides, if he's coming back, I'll assume that means he'll be hogging all of your time."

"No, he'll share." she said smiling at her friend.

Xander just looked at Giles and Anya as the two girls left. "I'm soooo confused."

**********

Max looked up from his paper when the door opened. He smiled widely, "I see you two made it."

Willow smiled. "We would never miss our weekends away, Max. Besides, I'd miss your face."

He blushed, happy to see his favorite couple smiling. "Room 12 as always."

"Thank you" Angel said, his arm around Willow.

"My pleasure. Now, you kids be good. I'll see you on Sunday." Max watched as they left. For the last two months, they had arrived together. He assumed that whatever had been keeping them apart was no longer in the way. Miss Jones had said that they were living together in fact. He wondered why they still came all the way to his motel if things were no longer secretive. He turned his attention back to the paper. He's never understand some of these people.

************************************

Willow made it into the room before Angel grabbed her. She felt his mouth on hers. She hurriedly undressed him as he undressed her. They had decided to keep coming for their weekends. Things in Sunnydale were always so hectic that they enjoyed their time together.

They had their own house, and their own roommate. Surprisingly, Spike had started helping the gang after he had been captured. He had moved in with them so that Angel could keep an eye on him. Angel told Willow that his childe had a huge crush on her. She didn't believe him. Spike was just....Spike. He flirted with anything that moved. Angel just liked to give him a hard time. She did enjoy getting away from it all though. Besides, she liked their room here at the Nook.

She smiled at her lover. He smiled back. Things were good. She was glad that she no longer had to keep her love secret. She sat on the bed and motioned him over. She loved the weekends.



THE END