Dream Come True

[ - ]
Printer ePub eBook
Table of Contents | - Text Size +
Story Notes:

Originally Posted: Jul 26, 2004

"When I was younger, I dreamed of this day but I never imagined it actually happening."


Hermione looked at her husband of twenty years, a smile crossing her lips as she brushed a strand of gray hair away from his face, "Dreamed of what, Remus?"


Remus motioned around them, "All of this," his eyes looked into hers as he said softly, "you look beautiful tonight."


"Thank you," she smiled at her husband, "as do you."


"You're sweet for lying," he smiled tenderly, his hand running through his mostly gray hair, "I'm over sixty, my beautiful younger wife."


"Well, I'm forty-two so it's not as if I'm carefree and in the midst of my youth, old man," she teased, still loving him as much now as she had since she had first acknowledged that her crush on the handsome older wizard was something far more meaningful and serious.


"Mum? Dad?"


Remus looked at their son, a large smile crossing his face as he said, "Yes, Evan?"


"It's almost time for us to go," Evan James Sirius Lupin informed his parents. He moved forward and hugged his Mum, feeling her kiss on his cheek as he whispered that he loved her before he released her. He turned to his Father and shook his hand before pulling the shorter wizarding into a tight hug. "I love you, Da."


"We love you too, son," Remus told the boy before he smiled, "Now you'd better get back to your new wife. You kids have fun on your honeymoon."


"We will," Evan leered playfully, laughing as he headed off to find his bride.


"There are times that he reminds me of Sirius," Remus laughed softly, looking at his wife, "you okay?"


Hermione nodded, happy tears in her eyes as she sighed, "I'm fine. I just can't believe he's so grown up. It seems like only yesterday he was learning how to fly and now he's married."


"I never thought I'd have a family, have children to watch grow up," Remus confessed, his hand moving along her cheek, "you've given me so much, Hermione. You're my happiness, my love, my life. I thank Merlin every day for you."


"You're going to make me cry, damn it," Hermione glared at him as she wiped her cheeks, her brown eyes loving as she whispered, "I love you, Remus Lupin. You're my heart and I thank Merlin every day that you quit whining about being too old for me and finally allowed me to seduce you all those years ago!"


"Vixen," he muttered as he brushed his lips against hers.


*the end *