Getting Together by inell
Summary: The Scooby Gang help Willow and Spike get together
Categories: BTVS/Angel > Willow/Spike Characters: Anya Jenkins, Buffy Summers, Riley Finn, Rupert Giles, Spike, Willow Rosenberg, Xander Harris
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 7283 Read: 13362 Published: 16 Aug 2014 Updated: 16 Aug 2014

1. Go Away by inell

2. Maybe by inell

3. Maybe Not by inell

4. Could Work by inell

5. Damnedest Thing by inell

6. Patient by inell

7. Realization by inell

8. All's Well by inell

Go Away by inell
Spike scowled at the bathroom door as he heard yet another round of retching and heaving. His blue eyes went back to the television as he tried to concentrate on the latest courtroom battle erupting. He sat up straighter when he heard the flush of the toilet and the sound of running water. He kept his eyes on the telly but his attention was focused on the bathroom. He saw the knob move as the door opened. His redhead came in, her face pale and her eyes red. Her hair was tangled, obviously having not been brushed in days. He could smell the soft aroma of cherry cough drops and something a bit more mediciny following her wobbly path towards the area where he was sitting.

Green eyes looked up and narrowed as she said, "You're still here. Why?"

"Didn't have anywhere else to go," he said with a shrug, hoping she wouldn't see the truth in his eyes. He had been worried about her. He'd heard from the daft twit that Willow was staying home sick and his mind had gone on overdrive. He knew she was still recovering from her break up with the pasty faced witchy bitch and he was concerned that her defenses were down. The illness might stay longer because she wouldn't bother fighting it.

"Go away," she spat out, not wanting to look at Spike. Why was he there? Hell, she was at fault. She'd been stupid enough to open the door and ask him into her parent's house months before. He'd had an open invitation since, something he delighted in using. That was something else Tara had been pissy about. Spike always being around. Willow frowned as her mind drifted towards her ex-girlfriend. Tara was gone, moved out of Sunnydale before the school term had started. Willow hated seeing her go, but there wasn't that huge sense of loss she had felt when Oz had left. It was more of an ache that really didn't hurt too bad when she thought about it. They had parted as friends, with words of remaining in touch and talking on the phone but Willow knew better. That had been good-bye. Another chapter in her life closed. It had been nearly three weeks without a call or letter. Tara had forgotten her just as Oz had done. She sighed, knowing it was her own fault. She'd never been in love with Tara. Sure, she'd cared about her. They had been good friends and even lovers, but it hadn't been love. Someone had always stood between them. And now that someone was sitting on her sofa and annoyingly eating her last bag of potato chips.

"Ah, I love you too, Red," Spike said while rolling his eyes. They swept over her to make sure she was still alive, still feeling all right. She was decidedly rough looking. She needed a bath and a change of clothes. She needed someone to look after her, he decided. He'd been half in love with the little witch since he could remember, noticing her even when Drusilla had been with him. It was several months before that he'd realized he loved her. The moment he had seen her with that bitchy little twat that detested him. When he saw that she was over the wolf, had in fact moved on. Only, not with him. She'd gone through some silly phase of believing herself in love with some dopey girl. And what really irritated him was that not only was it another girl and not him, it was a shy, quite pasty faced little slip of a thing that wouldn't yell boo at a spider. His Red needed someone with fire, someone that could see the passion she possessed. Little Miss Witchy hadn't been that somebody. Oh, but he had gotten a rise from Miss Submissive, that was for sure. She had hated him. Glaring at him every time he happened to interrupt a romantic evening between her and his Red. Threatening him once, and only once. Even with his implant, he had made it clear that no one pushed him around and that no one touched what was his. After that, he'd noticed a cooling off in her affections with Willow. Did he feel guilty about it? Fuck no. She was gone, away somewhere with her pathetic little life and he was left with his Willow. It was finally as it should have been all along. Now if only the damn slayer would disappear, he'd be one happy bastard.

"Spike, I feel horrible. Please, just leave me to wallow in pain and misery," she whined, moving towards the sofa. It looked so comfortable. She tried to fool herself into thinking that his sitting there had nothing to do with her sudden need to rest.

"Ah, poor pet," Spike said, moving slightly on the couch as she sat down. "Why don't you lay here and let Spike take care of you?"

She sighed as she laid beside him, her head resting on his shoulder. She closed her eyes in contentment as she felt his arm go around her shoulders, bringing her closer to his body. He was so cool against her fevered body. "Hmm, feels good."

Spike closed his eyes at her softly moaned words, his cock straining against his jeans instantly as his mind created alternate scenarios for her words. The silly little witch was gone, had been for nearly a month, yet this was the closet he had allowed himself to be to his Red. He knew he wanted her. He knew he was going to have her. He hated to admit it, but he was a bit scared of her rejecting him. After all, she'd switched sides, finding a lover of her own sex. What if she had enjoyed the gentle caresses of another woman's hands more than she'd enjoy the slightly calloused touch of his own? He was a bigger ponce than Soulboy, waiting and watching for the right moment. He had been to see her every night. Usually falling asleep on her couch so she couldn't kick him out before dawn. He'd wait until she was asleep before going in and watching her. She was so beautiful when she slept. It had been four days though since he'd been to see her. He'd had to go to LA to help the brooding bastard with some demon. Now, he comes back only to find her sick with no one to take care of her. Stupid slayer was too busy with her boytoy to care about anyone else. He should have known not to leave her alone. "How long have you been sick, pet?"

"I dunno," she mumbled. "Couple of days. Xander came by and stayed with me the other night. And Anya brought me soup. She made it herself. I think it made me more sick."

He had to laugh at her words. "That it?"

"Buffy and Riley came by. She came again and spent the night here. Wanted to make sure I was OK. And Giles brought me a book," she added.

"Eh, luv. I'm here now," Spike said, grudgingly taking back a few of his nasty words about the slayer. She'd stayed the night with his Red. She wasn't all bad. Just mostly.

"Glad you're here," she whispered, feeling sleep start to claim her. "Missed you."

"Missed you too, luv," he said softly, watching her eyelids drift shut.

"Spike?" she said quietly as she moved into a more comfortable sleeping position.

"Yeah, Red?" he asked, moving so that she was laying against his chest.

"Don't go away," she mumbled before sleep took her.

"I'm not going anywhere, luv," he whispered before the top of her head. He settled back, his arms securely around her sleeping body as he continued to watch the telly.
Maybe by inell
"You're looking much brighter," Buffy remarked as she studied the redhead opposite her closely.

"Feel much better," Willow said, making a face. "I hate being sick."

"I'm just glad to see you smiling again," Buffy said, taking a sip of her soda. She saw the redhead blush and look down at the table. An action that caught her attention and stirred her curiosity. She leaned forward, demanding, "What?"

"Huh?" Willow looked up, not sure what Buffy was asking.

"You. What's caused that little smile?" Buffy asked.

"Smile? I'm feeling better," Willow said, slightly confused.

"Wills, I love you to death. You're my best friend, but you are a horrid liar. Now, spill it," Buffy said. "I do have a free afternoon and I'm not afraid of spending it sitting right here waiting for an answer..."

"Buffy, I think patrolling is affecting you mentally. You're nuts," Willow said, laughing. Unfortunately, she had a sinking suspicion she knew what had caused that smile Buffy was seeing.

"You're in love!" Buffy suddenly exclaimed, drawing attention from several diners around them. She gave them a sheepish look before looking intently at Willow. "Don't deny it, Will. I haven't seen that smile or that look since you first started falling for Dogboy."

"His name was Oz," Willow said, rolling her eyes.

"And Dogboy," Buffy stressed the nickname, "never made you smile like that. You're positively glowing."

"I was sick. I'm healthy now," Willow said, frowning as she wondered if she was indeed glowing. She didn't think Buffy would lie but she hadn't noticed anything when she had looked in the mirror that morning.

"Sorry, not buying it," Buffy said with renewed curiosity. "I know that you sure as hell weren't in love last week. I don't think even you could have hid it that well. So, in the past week you've fallen in love."

"Again I say, you're crazy. Maybe I should talk to Riley about taking you away for a vacation or something," Willow said, hoping that Buffy would not figure out what, or should she say who, had put that smile on her face.

"Someone's lying," Buffy said in a singsong voice. "Willow's got a crush...Willow's got a crush..."

"Buffy, just shut up!" Willow said finally. "I do not have a crush nor am I in love. Goddess, I just broke up with Tara not that long ago."

"Pshew," Buffy made a snorting sound. "You were never in love with her. She was real nice and all, but you can't look me in the eyes and say you ever loved her. I know you better than that."

"Fine. I wasn't in love with her, but I did love her," Willow clarified.

"I'll give you that. A friendship with fringe benefits," Buffy said.

"Nice to hear the past seven months of my life explained away so easily," Willow said with a scowl.

"Oh, don't get all uppity," Buffy said, frowning. "You know that I just want to see you happy. I love you, Willow."

"Friendship without the fringe benefits?" Willow asked innocently.

Buffy had to laugh, "Ok. Ok. Maybe that was a bit low even for me. And don't think that I don't know what you're trying to do, Missy."

"What ever do you mean?"

"You are not going to distract me from the task at hand," Buffy said. "A slayer never backs down from a challenge."

"You always make the silliest things into big deals," Willow said with a sigh. "All I did was smile."

"I can't believe I've been so stupid," Buffy said, snapping her fingers and hitting her forehead with her palm. "It was right there all the time."

"You've lost me again," Willow said.

"Spike," Buffy said with a self-satisfied smile. "You've got a thing for our resident blonde vampire."

"Harmony isn't my type," Willow said sweetly.

"You're just mad that I got it," Buffy said with her own sweet smile. She suddenly frowned, "Wait a minute. I don't know if I like the idea of you and Spike."

"There is no me and Spike," Willow said, her tone regretful even if she didn't realize it.

"Well, he did take care of you all last week. And he's been so good to you," Buffy said, ignoring Willow, instead debating whether or not she approved of Willow and Spike as a couple. "OK. I can accept it as long as he treats you the way you deserve to be treated. If he hurts you, he's dust though."

"Buffy, drop it. There is no me and Spike to approve of!" Willow said, annoyed finally.

"Willow," Buffy started, realizing that she had pushed things a bit too far. She sighed as she took her best friend's hand. "I love you, but sometimes you can be so damn blind. You had one of the most ruthless vampires in history taking care of you for the past week. Do you really see him doing that for someone he didn't love?"

"He can't love," Willow said, sniffling slightly. "And if he could, why me?"

"I am so not going to give you the list of what makes you so loveable. You'd get this enormous ego and then what would we do? I have a big enough ego for the both of us," Buffy said, smiling as she made Willow laugh. "Seriously, Wills, I think he's good for you. And if you ever remind me that I said that, I'll punch ya."

Willow laughed, "Fine. He's good for me. Now I just have to convince him that he wants to be good for me. He's just a friend. That's it."

"Maybe," Buffy said, thinking back over the past year and a half that Spike had been with them. She started to smile as she saw things that she had ignored or never noticed before. Spike was in love with Willow. And Willow was in love with him. She couldn't believe she had been so blind. Well, she was wide eyed now. Willow wanted Spike, she'd get Spike. Her best friend was going to be happy if it took a damn miracle, Buffy decided. She patted Willow's hand as her eyes took on a speculative gleam, "Maybe not."
Maybe Not by inell
Buffy watched Willow and Spike closely, glad that neither had noticed her scrutiny. As her best friend watched the dancers, her blonde nemesis watched said best friend. When Willow turned to glance at Spike in a shy manner, the blonde was always scowling at the dancers. Who would ever imagine two smart people being so damn stupid? Sure, she wasn't that fond of Spike. He was her enemy after all. She wasn't supposed to welcome vampires to the core of her family without some reservation, was she? Being a slayer, she knew she should have staked him long ago. But, after the Initiative had put that chip in him, she could admit that she had felt sorry for him. He'd always been so strong, so powerful. She knew what it was like to lose the strength and power, remembering her birthday when Giles had 'tested' her. It had been a nightmare. And hell, her's had only been a few days. Spike had had that damn chip for over a year now. She would never admit it, but she respected him. She also could say that he was probably the strongest person she knew. Sure, he couldn't fight humans at the moment, but there were many types of strength to possess.

So, she had let him live. Figured at the time it would turn out to be a bigger mistake than falling in love with Angel. Over time, Spike had helped them quite a bit. She knew it was his way of surviving. Help the slayer, keep his ass alive. But, the past few months, he'd done it just to help. She'd never accuse him of getting soft or becoming weak, knowing that in one split second he could break her neck with or without the chip. She was still a bit scared of him, though that was something else that would remain in her own mind. This fear had forced her into seriously considering whether she would want him with her best friend. Would Willow be making the same mistake that she had by falling for Angel? True, Spike and Angel were far different people. She couldn't really even compare the two so she didn't bother. All she really knew was that Spike seemed to have genuine feelings for her friend. He'd helped the slayer to stay around the redhead after all. For Spike, that was a huge proclamation of his emotions even he never spoke of them. She also knew that if anything ever happened to her, he could protect Willow. He would probably protect Xander and Anya as well, because Willow loved them. Riley would be on his own but he could take care of himself. It was a rather nice feeling to know that your best friend would always have someone to look after her, to keep her safe.

Of course, Buffy scowled, if the two idiots refused to open themselves up to the possibility that their feelings were returned, all it did was make her annoyed. She had been so sure that Spike was the type to shout out his feelings. He had never failed to show Drusilla just how much he cared. Buffy couldn't believe it, but, after watching him with her friend for the past two days, she had begun to see that he was scared. She wasn't stupid. Even if the others believed she was a bit self-absorbed, she could recognize his fear. She had felt something similar when she had first met Angel. She laughed softly, wondering if her thoughts would surprise those around her. She figured they would. No one would ever guess that she wanted Spike to be with Willow. They all thought she hated Spike. And she had, at one time. Now, she was glad to know he was on her side, albeit a bit reluctantly.

She had spent many a night patrolling with the blonde. She had to say that she knew quite a bit about him. He'd become something more than a monster over the past year. Something more than an enemy. He'd become a friend. Even if he would loudly disagree with that statement. He liked to pretend that he hated them all, couldn't stand being with them and was always there under protest. But, he was always there when they needed him, without being called or forced into helping. Since Tara had left, he'd been hanging out with them even when there was no big bad evil to fight. He'd been almost nice a few times, speaking to Xander without some wisecracks. Always when Willow was around of course, she recognized now. Poor guy had probably been hung up on her friend for months. She would never tell Willow, but she had been glad that Tara had left. There had always been something about the little witch that Buffy hadn't trusted. Maybe she just had known Tara wasn't the perfect person for Willow. But was Spike?

Watching them continue to watch each other, she had to smile. Yeah, somehow Spike seemed a perfect match for Willow. Now if she could only get them to both realize it. She was never really one for matchmaking, so she wasn't sure what to do. She couldn't suggest a double date, knowing that even for Willow, Spike would not put up with her and Riley for hours on end. Well, he would but it would be under protest. It had taken Willow being sick for her friend to realize she was in love with the vampire. What on Earth would it take for them to both speak of those feelings and get together?

"What are you planning, slayer?"

Buffy turned, smiling easily at Anya. She had finally gotten to know the ex-demon and could honestly call her a good friend now. "Me? Planning?"

"Don't give me that innocent dumb blonde look," Anya chastised. She took the stool next to Buffy and smiled, "What are you planning? And do you need some help?"

"Anya, I was merely sitting here lost in thought," Buffy began.

"While studying Willow and Spike as if they were under a microscope," Anya continued with an easy smile.

"Isn't it funny how easy that rolls off your tongue?" Buffy had to ask. "Willow and Spike...."

"So, the slayer finally has seen that they want to shag each other like crazed animals," Anya noted with a satisfied little smile, "Bout damn time."

"You knew?" Buffy asked, wondering if maybe she really was a bit too self-absorbed.

"Honey, I got a thousand years more experience than you at spotting people in love or lust or both," Anya said, leaning down. "So, what are we gonna do to help them out?"

"Well, I have some ideas," Buffy said with a smile.

"Will any of them work?" Anya asked, knowing the slayer was not really well known for thought out plans that succeeded.

"Maybe," Buffy said with a sly grin, "maybe not. But it doesn't hurt to try right?"

"Right," Anya agreed as both girls began to discuss possible ways of getting their friend hooked up with the vampire she loved.
Could Work by inell
Buffy slid into the booth opposite Anya and grabbed a french fry. Chewing it, she looked at the other girl and shook her head. "Nothing."

"Damn," Anya said. "That makes strike two."

"Another evening of Willow looking at Spike when he wasn't watching and of Spike watching her when she was looking the other way. They did speak in passing. He called out that there was a vampire and she said thanks after staking it," Buffy said. "And damn it, all of Sunnydale could be lit from the sparks between them both. Those heated gazes and lingering looks. They're idiots."

"He took care of her for days when she was sick," Anya pointed out. "Now, he acts like she doesn't exist. I will never understand you mortals."

"You're one of us now, toots," Buffy said with a smile as she ordered her food. "Well, taking them both to the Bronze didn't work and last night proved that patrol was a bust. I don't know what else we can do."

"Why can't they just admit to their feelings?" Anya asked, taking a sip of soda. "It isn't that difficult."

"They're both too stubborn and too scared to bother being honest," Buffy said.

"Why?" Anya demanded.

"Think about it. Oz cheated on her then almost killed her. Not to mention Tara leaving her just a few months ago. Willow is still pretty vulnerable right now. And Spike? Don't even get me started on the fiasco that was him and Drusilla. That is definitely not a solid relationship for him to be using in comparison," Buffy said.

"So they had fucked up relationships in the past. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to move on to something better," Anya shook her head. "If I still had my powers, I could just snap my fingers and they'd be mating."

"If you still had your powers, you wouldn't have been able to do anything unless Willow was scorned. Plus, you never would have met any of us in the first place," Buffy pointed out.

"Details, details," Anya scoffed as she smiled.

"So, what do we do next?" Buffy asked, biting into her hamburger as it was placed in front of her.

"I'm thinking," Anya said.

"Maybe we should just give it up," Buffy said with a sigh. "Let them figure it out on their own. Of course, with the rate they're going, that won't be until I have grandchildren."

"We are not giving up," Anya said. "Not until they're mating like crazed weasels, that is."

"All right," Buffy said laughing. "How exactly are we going to accomplish this?"

"I have an idea," Anya smiled slowly. "It could work. Would have to be better than simply bringing them to the Bronze or on patrol. They can ignore their attraction when surrounded by everything else."

"I've noticed that," Buffy said dryly. "They just ignore each other. So," she smiled, "you have a plan?"

"It is sort of underhanded and would require some lying," Anya said. "Well, not lying exactly. Just a bit of innocent looks and such. Think you could handle that, slayer?"

"For Willow?" Buffy nodded, "not a problem, demon girl."

"Ex-demon girl," Anya said, rolling her eyes. She leaned forward, a flash of mischief in her eyes, "You in?"

"Yeah, I'm in," Buffy said. "Give me details."
Damnedest Thing by inell
"What are you two talking about so secretly?"

Buffy looked up from her whispered conversation with Anya and smiled innocently, or at least she hoped it was innocently, as she replied, "Nothing much."

Willow rolled her eyes, "Buffy, you may be the best slayer in generations, but you're a terrible liar."

"She is, isn't she?" Anya said, hoping to divert the redhead's intentions, "She gets nervous and sweaty and never looks you directly in the eyes."

"Excuse me?" Buffy glared at Anya then at Willow as the redhead laughed.

"It's not working, Anya," Willow said with a knowing smile, "What were you two discussing?"

"A surprise party," Buffy stumbled, "for Xander."

"The anniversary of," Anya thought and said the first thing that came into her mind, "my first multiple orgasm."

"You're joking," Willow said with wide eyes.

"Yes, she is," Buffy said, laughing. "It's a birthday party."

"His birthday isn't for another six weeks or so," Willow pointed out.

"We believe in being prepared," Anya said with a matter of fact tone.

"You must," Willow just shook her head. "So, you're having a surprise party for him?"

"Yep," Anya nodded. "No clowns though. Lots of food and music." "He should love that," Willow smiled.

Buffy suddenly felt a slight wave of guilt at lying to her best friend, but pushed it away. In the end, it would be for the best. Buffy knew that Spike could make her friend happy, give the redhead the love she deserved. She smiled brightly, "Yeah, Anya was asking me to help find a band."

Willow smiled as she went back to her book, "If you need any help, let me know."

Buffy looked at Anya and made a face, trying to figure out a way they could finish their discussion. The girls had spent the night before acting out Anya's plan. So far, they had no idea if it had worked or not. If it didn't, well, they'd start over with a new plan. If it did, they could only hope that it was what Willow and Spike needed to bring them together. The slayer yawned, stretching slightly. They had been up until early dawn, something that she was used to, but she hadn't been able to sleep when she had gotten in that morning. Instead, she had gone for a run and was now about to run out of steam. "So, do you think this surprise party will work?"

"I really hope so," Anya said, catching Buffy's drift. "I think he'll be so happy if it does that he will be indebted to us forever."

"That might be a bit extreme," Buffy said with a laugh.

They moved on from that topic, knowing it would be too difficult to continue that conversation without Willow starting to get suspicious. They started talking about movies and general topics with Willow adding her own opinion every so often. It was nearly an hour later when the door opened and a familiar blonde came into the shop.

"Spike? What's wrong?" Willow asked immediately, seeing that he was obviously not well.

"That's why I'm here," he muttered, "I dunno."

"You look like shit, Blondie," Buffy said with a slight smile at Anya. It had worked. Their spell had worked.

Spike glared at her, opening his mouth to respond but instead sneezing. "Bloody hell. I feel like death."

"I didn't know that vampires sneezed," Willow said with a surprised tone.

"We don't," he cursed before sneezing again. His face paled even more than usual as he stood there, his hand going to his mouth as he ran towards the trash can.

"Yuck," Anya made a face as she watched him kneel and heave into the trash can.

"Argh," he moaned as he straightened up and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Spike, you really do look ill," Willow said with concern. She got up and went to him, bending down and putting her hand on his forehead. "You have a fever."

"I can't have a fever," he said crossly before making a face. "Vampires do not sick."

"You know, Spike, I'd swear you had the flu, if you were human," Anya said in a conversational tone.

"Goddess, she's right," Willow said with amazement. "You're sweating and you have a fever."

"Isn't it the damnedest thing?" Buffy said with wide eyes. "I didn't know that vampires could get sick."

"We don't," Spike said before moaning in pain. "My head feels like it might explode."

"Poor baby," Willow said with a small smile as he leaned against her, his head resting above her breast as he whimpered softly.

"Willow, you can't send him home alone," Buffy said with concern. "He probably hasn't felt sick in over a hundred years. He won't know how to handle the flu."

"Besides, he must have caught it from you," Anya said bluntly. She watched Willow's eyes flash with guilt and frowned, pushing away her own guilt.

"This is my fault," Willow said softly, knowing that he must have caught her illness during that week he had taken care of her.

"Not your fault, luv," he muttered, snuggling closer to her soft body as he tried to ignore the general feeling of ickiness that was going through him.

"Don't you worry, Spike. I'll help you. You helped me, so it's my turn. You can stay in the guest room at my house," Willow said, her mind thinking of what she needed to do.

"No, don't need help," he protested weakly.

Willow smiled slightly at his stubbornness, "You might not need it, but you're getting it. So deal with it, Spike. I'll be your nurse till you get all better."

"You could always stay with me and Mom, Spike," Buffy said, trying for sincerity.

Spike made a face, feeling his stomach turn, "Anything but that." he muttered before looking at Anya and shaking his head slowly, "except the moron and nympho."

"Hey now," Anya protested, her eyes narrowing as she wondered if she could add another spell that made him ever more sick.

"Anya, he's sick. He probably has no idea what he's saying," Willow frowned at that and then smiled, "Well, he probably does but don't take offense. Do you think Riley or Xander could help me get him home? I don't think I could get him up the stairs alone and he doesn't seem to be much help tonight."

"I don't need them," Spike said before leaning over and throwing up again. He groaned as he laid back against Willow, purring softly as her fingers smoothed over his fevered brow.

"I'll call Riley," Buffy said, motioning to Anya. "Why don't you call Xander? Between the two of them, they can manage."

Anya got up and went to the phone with Buffy, her eyes looking back and seeing Willow holding Spike and gently whispering to him. She shot Buffy a triumphant look and said, "It worked."

"It appears to have," Buffy said with a smile. She heard Riley and said, "Honey, I need you. It's the damnedest thing but Spike appears to have caught the flu. We need you to help him get over to Willow's house. She's going to take care of him until he's all nice and healthy."
Patient by inell
Willow heard the bell and frowned, counting to ten before she said something she might refuse. Finally, she said, "Spike, I'm right here. You don't need to ring the bell when I'm in the same damn room."

"Touchy, touchy, Princess," he said, smiling slightly at her spunk. He was laying on her sofa on a makeshift bed they had arranged nearly six days before when he had first come to stay with her. He had been sick nearly a week now, but was finally starting to feel better. He had no idea how humans could deal with getting sick like that so often. He saw her lips tighten at his taunt and almost laughed. He remained silent though, knowing that if she believed him to be feeling better, he'd be out on his ass faster than he could fathom.

"What do you need Spike?" she asked, noticing the mischief in his eyes and realizing that he must be feeling better. She still didn't understand how he had gotten sick. It had clearly proved to be a case of the old-fashioned flu bug, which confused even Giles. Needless to say, the past week had tested the feelings she had for Spike, making her doubt her sanity at times. She was beginning to wonder why she was in love with him, listening to his constant whining and griping and pouting. But, then, he'd go and ruin it all by saying something so wonderful that she would just look at him, or he'd smile and her heart would stop. The past week had been a test, sure, one that her heart had passed with flying colors. She was head over heels in love with him.

"Interesting question, pet," he mumbled, his no longer fevered mind coming up with many scenarios, all involving her naked and longing underneath him. No, scratch that, some had her above him, he thought with a smile.

"Spike, I'm tired and very impatient," she warned, tapping her foot.

"Nagging wench," he said with amusement, pushing the blanket under his arms. "I'm hungry, luv."

"For blood or substance?" she asked, glad that he was starting to get his appetite back finally. For two days, he had not been able to hold anything down. That must mean he was getting better.

"What are you gonna have?" he asked, his eyes watching her carefully as he ignored the chattering from the television.

"I thought I'd make a sandwich and some soup," she said with a shrug.

"That sounds good," he nodded. "With crackers."

"Of course with crackers," she said, rolling her eyes. "Are you feeling any better?"

"A bit," he muttered, coughing to make her believe he was still sick. "Still tired and weak."

"You'll need to stay in for a couple more days," she decided, noticing with curiosity the large smile that spread over his face at her words. She tucked away that image to think about at a later time as she went into the kitchen to make dinner.
Realization by inell
Willow leaned her head against the shower wall, feeling the water cascading down her back. She breathed slowly, her mind far removed from the shower stall and the warm water. She was busy thinking about Spike and the strange way he was acting. It had now been eight days that he had been staying with her. It was pretty obvious that he was feeling better. He had begun eating again and was even yelling at the telly quite often. Yet, whenever she asked he would cough and grumble as if still in pain. It had only been a few hours earlier that she had finally realized that he didn't want to leave. After sitting there in stunned silence for an hour, she had finally gone upstairs to shower, knowing she did most of her best thinking in the shower.

The problem was that she had no idea what to think. There was no logical reason that she could come up with to explain why Spike would want to remain at her house faking an illness that had passed. She knew that she couldn't really complain. She enjoyed his company more than she had ever imagined. There had always been a bit of tension between them, a flirting tone to their conversations. Even when she had been involved with Tara, she had not been able to resist flirting with Spike. Now that Tara was gone, well, Willow was forced to admit that she might have always had feelings for the blonde vampire. Strange, confusing, mixed up feelings.

She opened her eyes, deciding that she could very well think the problem to death if she continued. So, instead, she finished her shower. She tried to ignore the sensations on her skin, the soapy bubbles drifting over her breasts, the warm water running across her thighs. Only too well, her mind flashed into a familiar fantasy with Spike in the shower with her, his hands following the same path hers were taking. Pushing that particular thought away, she turned the water off. She knew if she continued thinking about Spike in the shower with her, she'd end up bringing herself to orgasm in the shower. She was getting to be rather pathetic, spending most nights dreaming of him as her fingers danced across wetness.

She stood on her bathroom rug, dripping water onto it as she began to towel herself dry. She poured some lotion into her hands, inhaling the sweet scent of citrus and spice before spreading it over both her palms. She applied it to her body, her wet hair hanging around her face as droplets of water ran across her breasts, gathering around her nipples and falling down her stomach. She had just finished smoothing the lotion onto her leg when she heard the loud crash and curse. Startled, she pulled the towel around her body and opened the door. She stood looking wide eyed at Spike who was laying on the floor, sprawled on his ass with the blanket around his feet.

"Spike?" she said, confused as she wondered what had happened to cause him to fall. "What are you doing here?"

Spike looked at her, his blue eyes scorching a path up from her bare legs past the bottom of the towel that fell at the top of her thighs to the hands holding the towel in a knot around her breasts up her graceful neck to her lovely green eyes. He felt his cock react instantly, pushing against the confines of the sweat pants he was wearing. He felt foolish, sitting on the floor on his ass as she stood above him looking like some fire goddess or something. She was bloody lovely, all warmth and curves and soft skin. He could smell the scent of her lotion and shampoo coming from the bathroom behind her, the smells so familiar they were etched in his dreams. His cock began to throb, something that was not very good while wearing tight sweat pants. Well, baggy sweat pants that were now tight. He groaned, unable to tear her eyes away from hers.

Willow's eyes widened when she saw his eyes. They were stormy with desire and lust and love, three emotions she never expected to see in Spike's eyes, especially when he was looking at her. Yet, she couldn't deny them. She also couldn't deny the rather prominent bulge that seemed to be bursting from his sweat pants. She felt a heat spread over her body as things slipped into place. She must have been stupid. Blind or stupid. It all made sense finally. Him nursing her, the flirting, the thoughts that there might be something more, him not wanting to leave her. He wanted her. Spike really wanted her. She saw the slight flash of fear in his eyes and realized that he knew that she knew. Now, he was sitting there scared of what she was going to do, how she would react. She knew those fears all too well. She also knew what she was going to do. There was no way she was going to lose him. With every ounce of courage that she had ever felt, she kept her eyes on his as she opened her hand, letting the towel fall to the ground.
All's Well by inell
"What do you two look so smug about?" Xander asked as he pushed a cheese fry into his mouth.

Anya and Buffy looked at him, both with identical guilty looks on their faces. Buffy laughed nervously, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why do I get the idea that she's lying?" Xander asked Riley with a knowing smile.

"Because they've been whispering over there for nearly twenty minutes while casting smug looks out at the dance floor?" Riley volunteered innocently.

"Oh you," Buffy tossed a chip at him. "Just hush."

"We were not looking smug," Anya said.

"Honey, you were looking smug," Xander said patiently. "What were you whispering about?"

"If you must know, we were watching Willow and Spike," Buffy said primly.

"Why?" Riley prompted, having assumed that the new couple had been the subject of the whispers. His eyes found the petite redhead where she was nestled in the possessive embrace of the blonde vampire and he had to smile. It had been nearly two weeks since Willow had haltingly told the group about her and Spike's latest turn in their relationship. She had seemed frightened of their reaction and surprised by their blessing. Spike hadn't really cared except for the effect it would have on Willow. Riley had to admit that he didn't like Spike, never had and probably never would. Just something about the arrogant and brash vampire rubbed him the wrong way. But, he could also say that Spike was head over heels for Willow. He knew that Willow would always be loved and protected with Spike in her life. For that, Riley could tolerate the blonde.

"They look so adorable together," Buffy said, making a face. "I so can't believe I just said that Spike looked adorable with anyone. I must be getting sick."

"That could be arranged," Anya said with a smirk.

"Anya," Buffy said, her eyes glaring. "Would you like some chips?"

"Wait a minute!" Xander spoke up, his eyes narrowing on his lover. "Could be arranged? What did you two do?"

"Helped a friend," Anya said, thinking how strange it was to be able to say friend and mean it. These people were her friends and she cared about them, despite her attempt not to. Even Spike had wormed his way into her heart. She looked at Willow and Spike and smiled, thinking that that spell had been her greatest action so far as a human. They were great together, obviously in love and there was so much passion.

"Xander, don't ask," Riley said suddenly, realizing that somehow Anya and Buffy had caused Spike to get sick. He didn't know how nor did he really care. "I don't think we want to know."

"They were matchmaking," Xander said finally, shaking his head as his eyes lit with amusement. "Since he makes her happy for some ungodly reason, I won't push. Just...no more, okay?"

Buffy and Anya smiled at each other then said in unison, "Yes, honey."

"Why does that scare me?" Xander asked, laughing as he reached for Anya's hand. "Come on, babe. Let's dance."

Buffy watched them move towards the dance floor and smiled at Riley, "What about it, Big Boy? Want to dance?"

"I think that could be arranged," Riley said, standing and taking her hand. He questioned in amusement, "Big Boy?"

Buffy laughed, "Don't question me, honey. It's a good night isn't it?" she asked as she moved into his arms.

"Yeah, a good night. A good life," he added.

"They do seem so happy," Buffy remarked, her head resting against his chest.

"You did well," Riley said as they moved to the music.

"Alls well that ends well, right?" she said with a smile as she leaned up and kissed him.

THE END
This story archived at http://inell.avada-kedavra.net/viewstory.php?sid=417